-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 Concerns.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
starmekitten Posted - 12/06/2005 : 08:11:29
1. The forum is cluttered to hell, a lot of it needs archiving, not least to save the pointless ressurection of threads most people wish would disappear. Especially those threads where there has been some sort of trouble people all want to know about after the event. Lock them away, seriously.

2. Unsticky those threads that aren't relevant, again it's all clutter and it's just a tidy up job. What do I mean? I mean
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13589 <- moment has passed and rubbernecking will continue if allowed.
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12018 <- you're not using your volunteers anymore, sling it.

I don't even think the reviews and the IRC thread have any relevance anymore. And this is just Gen Chat, I'm sure a quick glance in the other forums will show stickied threads from a bygone era that are just taking up space now. Even in this section, we're all having a good old laugh at everyones expense with the T shirt and badges threads, really we are.

3. DB. I'm not doing any more of these threads and I am not adding any more information until some people stop dicking about and some others pull their fingers out their arses. I'm pretty tired of adding shit that gets removed without a word of warning and doing threads for albums which are now old but non existant as far as the database is concerned. I don't know who is deleting the additions but it really is annoying the living fuck out of me now. You guys know I added stuff, if you didn't like it you only had to say. I refer again to the SMYT blurb which I was actually asked to add. And did so, three fucking times. Only to find it keeps vanishing.

4. The main page, yes that old chestnut, but seriously look at it, it's ugly and outdated. I know you're busy people but set aside some time, it is your forum after all, and it's giving a really bad impression. What was the point of all the time spent getting together a new look if it's going to be let down by the front page? Whats the point of being probably the most informative FB site out there if the picture is wrong and outdated?

5. The day to day. This is weird, because it's all Brian right now, and he's spread well thin. No one expects the moderators to be on board the whole time but with three the bases should be covered. Dean is out of action with the travels and has been for a while and as Dave often tells us he is busy so why on earth would you not delegate some responsibility when you knew this was coming up. It is your forum so take some damn pride in the running of the thing. We have spammers and trollers and all sorts of crap slipping in and out but any emails I send it feels like they are falling on deaf bloody ears. There is a percieved double standard, especially after what happened with the thread that was deleted, moderation and power position only when it suits. Some valid points were bought up and either ignored or fobbed off.

There is a swiftly growing apathy, which is a shame, but probably easily remedied.

I feel like I am repeating myself here.

-
Master of Science
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 06/22/2006 : 09:15:23
Ah, ye of little faith... :)

The album was listed on the main page as the latest. It now also features a link to the Discopedia which others did not.

The Discopedia has/had the album listed before its release... with lyrics and all.

Derek had several songs tabbed and posted the day FM/RM was released.

There was a news item written that same day.

Brian and I began a new big project, codenamed episode 10.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
vilainde Posted - 06/22/2006 : 08:14:08
Wow! Just when I was about to bitch for you to do it.

Denis

Your team sucks
starmekitten Posted - 06/22/2006 : 08:04:28
FM/RM is the most recent album on the front page! I'm so proud of you guys!

forum ebook: end of miles
Broken Face Posted - 03/29/2006 : 17:32:40
You are a lady of the highest regard, my dear.

-Brian
kathryn Posted - 03/29/2006 : 16:56:50
Sure. I'll update the FAQ. But call me something like the Answer Chick or the Answer Wench or something other than a lady. Ask Brian. He's met me.

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 03/29/2006 : 16:41:47
Unfortunately, only Dave or I can do it and truth be told, I tried it once and it didn't work at all so I have no idea how to do that. But thanks Kathryn.

Maybe you want to be our new Answer Lady and do a new FAQ?

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
kathryn Posted - 03/29/2006 : 15:12:13
Dean, allow me to volunteer myself to archive.

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 03/29/2006 : 15:02:24
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank
[brI've started a little bit of a list of what Dave, Brian, and I need to get done. Here it is in cleaned-up form...

I'm going to bring this back so I can see what I've done or not done. It's only about 1/3 of my paper todo list, but the rest of the stuff is either subpoints or else things that aren't really worth telling the world about. Blue means 'in progress'.

Main Site Todo list:

1) Latest Album. I'd like it to be Honeycomb and with a link to either more info on it, the song db, or else a place you can buy it.
2) New Poll. I've already started a topic asking about this... see here: http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15065
3) News. Brian should be a news editor soon (he was supposed to be a long time ago)
4) Band Bios. I'm going to get working on these and if I don't have some new ones by next week, I think I'll spin them off to another member.
5) Gigography. Just colours changed is all really. I wouldn't mind seeing it ordered from newest to oldest as well instead of chronological, but that's up to Gavin.
6) Tabs. Waiting on Derek to get back to me re:Honeycomb tabs.
7) Tribute Albums. I'll get these up on a website where they can be downloaded ASAP.Also would like to create a sampler (ala Hey) for You Ain't Me. Not interested in a new tribute album at the moment. Maybe after Christmas. Also, the Hey b-sides page needs to be posted.
8) Song DB. Finish new version. Finish correlating two dbs. Numerous bug patches.
9) Photo Gallery. Not working at all.
10) Links. I'd like to get these sections up as well as a Pixies link section. May spin this off to a volunteer to keep up to date.
11) Friends' Club. Looking into this.
12) Main site overhaul.
- Graphics, rss feed on news page, colour scheme, nicer layout, ...
13) Forum archving. Threads de-stickified (I've done a few already).
- Done?
14) New FAQ.

Things I'd Like To See:

1) Article DB. With all articles/coverage of fb archived and searchable.
2) Ideas of your own?

To De-sticky:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13589
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6739 - If we remove the photo gallery, this can be removed too.
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4772
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5349
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6881
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7019

Other:

Investigate the status of Everything English's legality here. They are once again selling Pixies merch:
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4190

So that's a quick point form list with only some of the things I'm hoping to get done. I forgot the 'report a thread' button in there, and any other ideas are welcome.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Dave Noisy Posted - 02/13/2006 : 23:32:40
Thanks, Carl - and i'm sorry i missed so many of yours. =(

"Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time / Has Been
Carl Posted - 02/11/2006 : 09:09:21
Happy birthday in advance!

pas de dutchie!
Dave Noisy Posted - 02/10/2006 : 15:09:22
I turn 30 this month. Eep!

"Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time / Has Been
Daisy Girl Posted - 12/19/2005 : 16:23:38
Pixie Steve, I am dramatically opposed to naked hugs. I think nudists have a right to be nudists, but that ain't my thing. Picture a hug like your mom gives you instead!!

Seriously, then, Dean and Brian if you need help, say the word.
PixieSteve Posted - 12/19/2005 : 15:53:37
quote:
Originally posted by Daisy Girl

quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

quote:

Thanks Pixie Steve. That's very nice of you to say that.

I would definately be open to it, but I am afraid I am over the age limit of 25. But I would love to help out, but I can't spend the time I used to spend on here, at least for a while.

what do you mean? i wasn't being nice. there's nothing special about being a mod, but you seem like someone who cares how this place is run so why not be a mod? what the fuck is that 25 year limit thing, are you being funny or is that just you being ditzy again. also, i don't understand why it matters if someone is here all the time when it comes to being a mod... just make about 10 people mod and it doesn't matter. come on, there are enough mature people here to fill the spaces.

aww pixie steve you are so sweet!! I could just hug you!

hey, do you have any naked pictures of you so i can imagine what that would be like?

Broken Face Posted - 12/18/2005 : 20:10:16
if dean were to retire i'd quit, so there better not be an aging out of our canadian friend. plus i'll be twenty five in about 18 months, so my time would be limited.

-Brian
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/18/2005 : 20:02:55
There's no limit, whoever said that was doubtless joking... either that or Dave I have a retirement party coming my way.

Daisy Girl Posted - 12/18/2005 : 19:41:01
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

quote:

I would definately be open to it, but I am afraid I am over the age limit of 25. But I would love to help out, but I can't spend the time I used to spend on here, at least for a while.

what do you mean? i wasn't being nice. there's nothing special about being a mod, but you seem like someone who cares how this place is run so why not be a mod? what the fuck is that 25 year limit thing, are you being funny or is that just you being ditzy again. also, i don't understand why it matters if someone is here all the time when it comes to being a mod... just make about 10 people mod and it doesn't matter. come on, there are enough mature people here to fill the spaces.

aww pixie steve you are so sweet!! I could just hug you!

anyway when Broken Face became mod I think that they said that there was a limit that you can't be over 25.

I guess it's one of those don't trust anyone over 30 things, but then that means we can't trust Frank so that makes no sense whatsoever.

And yes, I do care about this place. It's the best thing that's happened to to the internet since Google.
PixieSteve Posted - 12/15/2005 : 18:20:42
quote:

Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 12/15/2005 : 04:23:41
I thought the age limit was 12?

Just kidding, just kidding.

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place
Daisy Girl Posted - 12/13/2005 : 17:53:52

PixieSteve Posted - 12/11/2005 : 10:51:43
or, you could just be made a mod daisy. aswell as about 5 other people. it's an easier job if you have loads doing it.

Daisy Girl Posted - 12/11/2005 : 08:51:48
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Neighbourhood watch/'hall monitor' is a cool idea, but since it's kind of impossible for me to turn on/off moderator abilities like that what might be easier is if there were a 'report thread' button. In the meantime, as always, if you do see a thread requiring moving/deleting/more severe action, sending an email to either Brian or myself will certainly help us.

I'm not sure about shifts, _I_ wouldn't even want to make that serious of a commitment, but perhaps if I get emails regularly and they are accurate (i.e. they don't recommend locking where not required) then those are people I'd put up as 'hall monitors' as a stepping stone to moderatorhood...

Thinking............... zzzzzz.

I am more than happy to check out the forum and be another set of eyes. I just haven't been emailing you guys unless it's been extreme lately due the fact you all have busy lives. But I will start forwarding stuff to you guys!
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/09/2005 : 11:00:34
Thanks, checking it out now...

jediroller Posted - 12/09/2005 : 09:34:58
Comes With A Smile is a British music mag with tasteful cover CDs. Issue #19 features Frank on the cover and "Atlantis" on the CD.

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14496

"Quit shouting those rerun songs at me! I'm doing what I want to do, and I don't care what you think you need!
—Play that song 'Jesus is the Answer'!
—Come up here on stage and play with my balls."
--Wesley Willis Vs. a Fan
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/09/2005 : 08:18:37
I generally will/would post anything coming from someone like Jon, and yeah, just because news is so dead I may have to resort to posting rumours. If you/anyone does see a newsworthy rumour on the forum that I overlook (for example, I'm not to sure about this Comes With A Smile thing) then let me know.

Carl Posted - 12/09/2005 : 06:38:26
I do rely on Google Alerts for Pixies news, but you have to trawl the net for site links!

"Join the Honeycult!"
vilainde Posted - 12/09/2005 : 01:43:12
No, he just reads everything that's on the internet. You know the site, Ask Jeeves? Well, that's Carl.

I have a remark to make about the news page. I've never understood why we'd wait for official confirmations by Ken Goes or whoever before posting news. We're not an official site, so why only post official things that often get a proper press release weeks after the news are spread. I think we should post more news (actually, I'm trying to find examples but nothing comes to my mind... Yeah, the Comes With A Smile mag featuring Atlantis, for instance. Or the tidbits of info on "Nashville 2" that we get from Tivo or anyone else).

Denis

"You know what? You know what? You know what? Shut the fuck up!"
PixieSteve Posted - 12/08/2005 : 19:30:39
do you use that google newsletter thing to send you new articles with "pixies" in it?

Carl Posted - 12/08/2005 : 18:20:16
Yeah, but that's easy!!

"Join the Honeycult!"
Erebus Posted - 12/08/2005 : 12:35:18
Regarding volunteers, it seems Carl is the link-meister these days.
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 12/08/2005 : 12:03:11
Is that a requirement before attaining moderator status these days? That's pretty tough.

I have joined the Cult Of Frank/And I have dearly paid
floop Posted - 12/08/2005 : 11:30:06
quote:
Originally posted by Cheeseman1000

Now excuse me, I'm off to moderate floop's mum.

i thought you were a virgin
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 12/08/2005 : 10:11:52
quote:
Originally posted by Llamadance

quote:

quote:

I echo the call for a female moderator.

How about floop then?

I actually typed out that joke with you in there, then erased it :)

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

You see my point? There's no way I'm mature enough for this.

Now excuse me, I'm off to moderate floop's mum.

Llamadance Posted - 12/08/2005 : 08:58:01
quote:

quote:

I echo the call for a female moderator.

How about floop then?

I actually typed out that joke with you in there, then erased it :)

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Carolynanna Posted - 12/08/2005 : 08:35:10
Ack simo we do that everytime I log onto msn...;)

Cheeseman1000 Posted - 12/08/2005 : 08:17:00
I do spend an inordinate amount of time on the internet...

But that would mean not getting into stupid arguments with egotistical industry types? No way.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000