Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Pixies 2004 Setlist Song Count Discussion!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  11:43:15  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, we've got the running setlists and count here:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6994

Please don't post comments there. Post your comments here. =)

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  13:52:54  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no comment

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  15:43:30  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I can get a spot at the foot of the stage, I'll send off the written-out setlist live from the show again. Though be warned that they only loosely stick to it. <crossing fingers for Caribou>

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  21:11:56  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
heh - didn't happen, too far from the stage. I'm sure Dean'll be in and reporting in a few hrs. =)

Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  03:37:05  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good idea to have all this info in one location and sticky-ed, but I think the song count should have album tracklistings (with unplayed songs highlighted) as opposed to all Pixies songs listed in alphabetical order. Sorta like Sloy's "song in lives" threads.
Go to Top of Page

Era5erhead
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  05:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The setlists are so damn exciting. You can tell there's a main frame of songs but they play a lot with the order and give great surprises every nite. Hope they can keep it up. Can't wait for Brixton 4.

Oh, and hi, this site is uber-cool
Go to Top of Page

debaser
- FB Fan -

France
120 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  07:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to let you know that Alec Eiffel website also maintains an alphabetic list of the songs played during the 2004 tour :
http://aleceiffel.free.fr/setlists_2004.html

They tried to give me advice
Down at the record shop
-Frank Black
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  13:09:21  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great job Gavin - you rawk. =)

Go to Top of Page

sloy
- FB Fan -

France
93 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  15:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks you very much for the "thanks to sloy for this idea"it's cool

sloy
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  17:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So is Franklin Black singing all the verses to "Bone Machine" and "Gouge Away" or is he doing that thing where he skips them and just sings the chorus?

Just curious.
Go to Top of Page

switchy
- Gigographer -

324 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  22:38:56  Show Profile  Visit switchy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok, i hope everybody is happy with the "setlist song count" post now. Just to let you know, i'm on the west coast, plus once or twice a week i might leave for school before getting on the computer (if i sleep in).. so have some patience with me if i don't update right away. it'll probably usually be about 9am PST (noon eastern).. or a few hours later, re: the school thing. hopefully this isn't a big deal to anybody, but just a FYI.

anyways..
Think they're gonna play "dancing the manta ray"? Frank often sites that as his favorite Pixies song, so i'm a little surprised it hasn't been done yet.
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  04:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're doing a great job, Switchy, but they played the UK Surf version of Wave of Mutilation in Winnipeg. FYI.
Go to Top of Page

the man who is too loud
- FB Fan -

33 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  07:05:16  Show Profile  Click to see the man who is too loud's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
newest setlist : http://www.pixiesmusic.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=909
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  11:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very nice way of keeping record of all the setlists and songs played i must say..

Éireann go Brách
Go to Top of Page

darragh
- FB Fan -

Ireland
50 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  13:55:05  Show Profile  Visit darragh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by switchy

anyways..
Think they're gonna play "dancing the manta ray"? Frank often sites that as his favorite Pixies song, so i'm a little surprised it hasn't been done yet.

Did the pixies ever play dancing the manta ray live? is it available on any bootlegs or does anyone have an mp3 of it?
Go to Top of Page

Excuse me please
- FB Fan -

23 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  21:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They played Dancing the Manta Ray at the Hollywood Palladium on December 22, 1991. So I know they played it live at least once!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  03:32:53  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
frank black played dancing the manta ray very often.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

Peephole
- FB Fan -

13 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  11:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So very little material from Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  13:24:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd be happy if they played All Over The World and went home.

maybe top it off with The Thing.
Go to Top of Page

Zeb
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  11:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jason

So is Franklin Black singing all the verses to "Bone Machine" and "Gouge Away" or is he doing that thing where he skips them and just sings the chorus?

Just curious.

He's singing them

I the setlists they've done thus far have been great!
Go to Top of Page

XTC_Fan
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  11:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just posted the setlist in the Victoria topic...
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Get on it Gavin. *cracks whip* =)

Go to Top of Page

switchy
- Gigographer -

324 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  18:24:59  Show Profile  Visit switchy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm on it! i'm on it!
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  18:41:36  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On one hand it is easy to complain about the setlists, but on the other hand they can't play everything. Personally, I love all their material depending on what mood I'm in... I have to admit I thought "Blown Away" was one of my favorite songs they played in Winnipeg. It's that way with any band with a huge repertoire... unless it's like a Springsteen show or something where they play for 4 hours!

My only complaint: I wanted so badly to hear ALISON right after Velouria. I always thought that Alison was the payoff.

On this later North American tour, many cities they are playing two or more shows. Wouldn't it be cool for them to play an old-school night and a new-school night? Of course that would likely never happen...

The joke has come upon me
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  09:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cool that Winnipeg has the only "Blown Away" performance. I thought that song was great live.

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
Go to Top of Page

nmusler
- FB Fan -

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  12:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has there been any word from the band as to why they are not playing most of the material from "Bossanova" and "Trompe Le Monde"?

I guess they're not touching most of the b-side either...

Just curious to know if any of them have said anything about the song selection rationale.
Go to Top of Page

jn
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  19:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That Edmundton setlist is interesting. They didn't play any old standbys until the fifth song. Cool. They must have been feeling rebellious that night.
I'd like to see Build High as an encore. And All Over the World as a set closer. How about the Purple Tape arrangement of Subbacultcha? That would be cool. How about Manta Ray (not Dance the...)? I know, they'd never play that. How about Theme from Narc as an opener?

OK, OK, I'm just talkin'!

-Building a Frame to Support my Ten-Yard Stare-
Go to Top of Page

xinit
- FB Fan -

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  08:14:13  Show Profile  Visit xinit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://flet.ch/pixies/?show_id=8

Sortable, comparable, dynamic show-by show setlists in a web page application. Very nicely handled. Click on the shows listed down the side to change the sort order.

http://www.nkdsn.com/pixies.htm

Cover art for the Disclive CDs... better than the cover they came with. MUCH better. Need Vancouver images now.

Edited by - xinit on 04/24/2004 08:18:29
Go to Top of Page

Pixiesque
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  11:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those covers are nice. I am really enjoying the setlists, it would just be amazing if they could add a few of the newer songs. Atleast they played Is She Weird
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  21:40:59  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I guess its a long shot but I would love to hear them play Letter To Memphis. Though with Kim not singing anything in it and I believe the song being somewhat about Frank's ex-wife, perhaps it will not be resurrected. But a guy can hope.

Alienation confers freedom. Obscurity will keep you pure. Pray that you won’t be discovered young, so that you won’t be tempted to sell out early, or won’t be seduced by celebrity.

--THE PATH OF THE ARTIST
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2004 :  21:28:47  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why has "There Goes My Gun" not been played?
Go to Top of Page

astrocat
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  01:13:11  Show Profile  Visit astrocat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know this is being picky, but I'm counting 29 songs for Spokane, not 28 as it says on the setlist count. Just want the show to get the credit it deserves as most number of songs played so far.
Go to Top of Page

marbleslinger
- FB Fan -

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  02:18:45  Show Profile  Visit marbleslinger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not to complain, but after hearing gigantic, monkey gone to heaven, where is my mind, and wave of mutilation(in all its incarnations) every nite in a row those are definitely now the last songs i ever want to hear live again, not that im complaining, i did just see the pixies 8 times in a row and i had a blast during every note of music they played, but ya know, i cant wait til the warming up is done and they learn more songs for the rotation...

i held up a sign requesting "dig for fire" about three shows in a row, then i gave it to a disc live crew member who gave it to joey, and joey told him they dont "know" that song or couldnt remember it or whatever so they werent gonna play it... at other shows i held up signs for letter to memphis and motorrway to roswell.... after the first night commoodore show i said wasup to Joey as he was exiting and he made me feel like an asshole when he said, "oh, your the guy whose been holding up the signs all tour of songs we dont fucking remember".... sorry joey.

anyway, i hope they practice up some more trompe and bossanova tunes by fall tour, although i must say seeing sets that were primarily from the first two albums and ep gave the shows a very old skool feel, combined with the remote, smaller venues.....

word,
aaron

i was talkin to peachy peach about kissy kiss
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  10:36:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, so new theory:

They will not vary the setlist in Coachella, but you European blokes can expect some new songs in there with the time they'll have between to rehearse.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

marbleslinger
- FB Fan -

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  14:55:50  Show Profile  Visit marbleslinger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i agree dean, we can obviously tell by now the band is playing out of the same 38 song rotation, and considering this is the "warm up" tour before Coachella, i guess they are fine tuning a basic set for that event...

so Brixton is the first 4 night run in one venue for the band, i'd wager to guess that with the rehearsal time and all we can bet on them dropping more tracks yet to be played...

that's definitely what its all about for me now, i wanna hear all the tracks now that they havent played yet :)

i hope someone gets some good recordings of the european tour....

i was talkin to peachy peach about kissy kiss
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  16:35:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know what their allotted stagetime will be at Coachella, is it likely they will be able to play an 80 minute set?

Why is 'monosyllabic' such a long word?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000