Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Note re: Merch. on EverythingEnglish.com (illegal)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  15:38:36  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

I was alerted this morning that the Pixies merch that was found on www.everythingenglish.com is illegal.

It's since been removed. (As is the Radiohead merch, and most likely almost everything else.)

Thanks,

- Dave

Grizwald
- FB Fan -

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  08:21:46  Show Profile  Visit Grizwald's Homepage  Click to see Grizwald's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ha ha ha, How ironic. It seems so difficult to find Pixies merch now of days and its sad. I wanna let all those dick heads out there know who I listen to when they ask "What your favorite band is" and you answer they laugh thinking its a all girl band, Oh well I guess they dont know the lead singer wears sleeveless flannel shirts witch obviously makes you manly and cool.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  12:38:50  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd imagine there will be an explosion of Pixies merch when the DVD comes out..
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  13:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And when the bands reforms :)
Go to Top of Page

Grizwald
- FB Fan -

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  14:08:34  Show Profile  Visit Grizwald's Homepage  Click to see Grizwald's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

WRONG THREAD, PLEASE STRANGLE YOURSELF. First of all no one has confirmed it and only one person has said its never gonna happen on many occasions and thats the king himself.
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  15:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just make sure you let Hot Topic know how much you hate them if they start selling Pixies merchandise. If they even...

"Join the Cult of Mr. Potato Head / And You'll Have Buckets of Fun"
Go to Top of Page

PearlJamaholic
- FB Fan -

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  18:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wont buy any pixie shirts from hot topic. if they are the only people with the rights to sale the shirts i'll just steal them. Hot topic is for mtv punks and fat goth girls.
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2003 :  21:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grizwald

quote:
Originally posted by darwin

WRONG THREAD, PLEASE STRANGLE YOURSELF. First of all no one has confirmed it and only one person has said its never gonna happen on many occasions and thats the king himself.

Woah there, chill out dude. It was in the right thread his comment was about pixies merch.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2003 :  22:39:59  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No need for policing MMD - it's been taken care of, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, now you've hurt my feelings!
I'm an mtv punk, and my girlfriend is a voluptuous (okay fat) goth girl!! We met at Hot Topic!! We just happened to be both reaching for the same Off Spring shirt . When I saw those black circles under her eyes and those frito lay swollen cheeks, I was like, "Whoooaaa duuude! You're hot !
You just better hope I don't see you in the mosh pit at the next No Doubt concert dude!
Okay you're lucky The Real World Paris is about to start or I'd really lay into you

Note to self - Making love to blow up doll, not as good as advertised.
Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  19:26:09  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had not seen a Hot Topic store until I moved to this town almost 2 years ago, but I had heard of them. Even based on the description, I knew then that any hope of a real counterculture was lost until the media was toppled. Let them buy their skully suspenders and baggy punksta pants. Let them wear their pink feather boas and teddy bear backpacks. Let them stand near an open flame. Please, please, let that mall crap be flammable.

KoK - a note on the sig...try spray painting it bright green, down a pint of Mad Dog 20/20, put on a Merzbow cd and try again. Seriously man - it's all about the ambiance.

I looked for a cult to join, then decided to just play "Sink". Hey! I sank the LaBrea Tar Pits!
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  22:52:31  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anti-archiving post!

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

leokearse
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  06:08:37  Show Profile  Visit leokearse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey I got an email from a woman who makes cool tshirts for babies - she wanted to know who the Pixies are managed by now so that she could see about producing these t shirts under license - anyone got contact details or a name of someone in the Pixies management that she should contact?

- Leo
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  18:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually I just checked this link and there is Pixies merch on it. I am assuming it is still illegal?
Go to Top of Page

Triakel
- FB Fan -

119 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  08:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm curious ... does anyone know of any FB-approved t-shirts/vendors? I almost bought a red FB&C t-shirt from Everything English, because it was the first I'd seen. They have a pink one with the Japanese kitty also. I assume these are illicit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000