Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  23:11:26  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, today we purchased the long-talked-about photo gallery software, and here it is!

www.FrankBlack.net/gallery

So far i've only posted a few of my own shots, feel free to post your own, and include a TXT file with some info about the show as well (ie, the date!)

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  09:12:43  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish I had files of my concert photos from London. I could take a picture of a picture - but they always come out so blurry.

Anyway, well done, Dave. Very cool.

PS. It says "don't post ever picture you took" - thought you might want to change that.

Edited by - ramona on 04/09/2004 09:14:16
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  09:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I'm obtuse, but it's tough trying to figure how to put them in the format you want-- some of those fields in the upload dialogue box are kinda redundant. And the FB server is crawwwwling. Plus I'm trying to figure out how to make a new folder (as a peer of '2003-04-09 Victoria BC'). Until I'm sure I've done that, I'm afraid to upload and have them scattered around in the 'Live' folder. Please delete the one photo I uploaded.

Edited by - BLT on 04/09/2004 09:40:35
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  13:21:09  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops..speeling errors..hehe.. Do you have a friend with a scanner?

BLT - yeah, the upload form ain't the best..i'll have a go at it soon..

It's pretty easy for me to move stuff around, so it's not a big deal. I'm starting to think that folks *can't* create folders...it's all admin stuff.. I guess we'll figure this out as we go along, thanks for being patient! =)

Don't worry about mucking me up too much, so feel free to upload fairly small sets of pics. There will be an FTP option too, so you can just upload all your pics at once via FTP. (Tho then i think we're a little hooped, since i don't think there's a way to include info about the pics..hmm..)

Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  13:25:49  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't have a friend with a scanner. I need better friends.

ACK-TUALLY, I sent some to miss mereubu and SHE has a scanner. Sarah? Are you there?
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  13:34:56  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What's the ETA on them there server upgrades?

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  13:50:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I uploaded six photos and a text file. One's a renamed duplicate of the one in the "Misc or Unknown" folder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  16:22:07  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oooh..cool Em!

Jim - Pete's really busy, so i'd guess mid to late summer. =(

Brian - got 'em, and they're public, thanks!!

I've posted new instructions..how's that lookin'?

Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  18:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice!

Join the Cult of Cochise Gunn & the Catholics / Because he is Frank's handpicked replacement
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  22:56:49  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright..who else is gonna post some pics? =)

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  01:50:35  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice job everybody. Thanks.

"Welcome back to the 10th grade!"
Go to Top of Page

Etienne
- FB Fan -

Japan
115 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  10:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The FB.net gallery was significantly updated... with my pics (6 new shows). Check it again !

Etienne
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  13:49:28  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More pics to be added real soon, sorry for the delay for those who've uploaded some!

Go to Top of Page

darkoutsider
= Cult of Ray =

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  16:04:08  Show Profile  Visit darkoutsider's Homepage  Click to see darkoutsider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I keep forgetting to upload my pictures from last year's Catholic's gig at The El Rey. I have a great pic of Rich doing his drum stick solo. And some up shots of Frank. He both spit and sweat on me. Kind of gross, but it was worth it. Oh and a kick as pic of me, my g/f and David Lovering (taken prior to the show).

- It's all in the mind... -
Go to Top of Page

bobcountry
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2004 :  07:21:59  Show Profile  Visit bobcountry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have some shots from Frank's show in Seattle in May 2002. As soon as I get them scanned properly, I'll post them here. Plus some great shots of David in action, doing his Mr. Wizard thing. I was three inches away from Frank on a couple of these shots - ah, memories.

Can't wait to see him again in November with the......well, you know who he's playing with.
Go to Top of Page

daddylonglegs
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  14:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
impressive!
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  12:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rock!

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Frank
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  04:31:10  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh my.
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  19:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

Hey guys, today we purchased the long-talked-about photo gallery software, and here it is!

www.FrankBlack.net/gallery

So far i've only posted a few of my own shots,.......

Wow! Oh boy! I'm really excited now! Can't wait to see those!

FREE FLOOP
DAY 4 OF THE ONE-WEEK LOCK-OUT
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  20:51:13  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Need to install the software since we switched servers....sorry..it's a bit of a chore.

"Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time / Has Been
Go to Top of Page

jose
- FB Fan -

France
140 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  11:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will this section come back one day ?

I said Pretty Please !
Go to Top of Page

ObfuscateByWill
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1884 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  13:19:53  Show Profile  Visit ObfuscateByWill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/gallery/Default.asp, line 11

The include file '../incs/head.asp' was not found.

*Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  15:16:36  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We're thinking about removing this feature or moving it to something a little more like what you get on other sites with just a few pr photos and such like since FB's days of solo touring seem to be at an end. Not decided yet, input is welcome.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  15:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know you guys are busy and that sounds like a good solution.

We could also have a link to the Google image search, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  07:10:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's still a valuable and interesting archive of pics though. If you've got issues with storage, that's understandable, but it'd be a shame to see the pics go.
Go to Top of Page

jose
- FB Fan -

France
140 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  22:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i] like since FB's days of solo touring

Oh Yes !

I said Pretty Please !
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  22:02:24  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hmmm..idea...would doing something on Flikr make more sense? Then anyone can contribute, no management needed, etc..?

"Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time / Has Been
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  20:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a heap of Frank pics on the web. It'd be cool to gather up as many as possible and stick them in a gallery. And people could post their personal photos too, like on Ilovepixies.com.

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  00:19:10  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your call Dave, I've not used Flickr. Something would be better than nothing, I know that much. :P

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  06:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Flickr site is pretty good. You can email the photos in as well...makes it easy for many to contribute. If that happened you'd need to set the default to private initially, then tag/set privacy options (public) as appropriate. ie, you'd need someone to update/admin it

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Edited by - Llamadance on 03/10/2006 06:10:00
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  07:26:10  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it would be best with at least some level of management, having it 100% open begs for abuse.
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  07:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that's the other option.....someone manages, ie emails are sent to them with picture attachments and they upload to Flickr. Flickr has two options a free and Pro account. The free account has limits on upload amount, making the free-for-all email a pic difficult. The pro account has about 2GB/month I think. Pro account is $24.95 per year.

There is also the option to organise into sets...ie year/gig/album etc. I love the tag feature as well.

Tre, the point about it being open was for people to email, not to display, then the admin allows appropriate pics for public display and deletes the unwanted pics. I'm fairly sure if people emailed pics in, their default could be set to private, in case anyone emails anything unsuitable. Saves on the admins bandwidth as well that way.

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  08:01:19  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
aaah cool, I think I had visions of hundreds of horrible fb-netters submitting pictures of their pimply backsides taken when drunk with a digi-cam.
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  09:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Floop doesn't need an excuse to do that.

You could set up a dummy account to check out how it works.....I think Dave has an account already, just waiting.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:13:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, perhaps we'll check it out and then hand it over to someone interested to manage. Llama?

Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:19:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Llama for pic mod! Llama for pic mod!

I got some heaven in my head
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic