Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  08:29:41  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't know if I missed something here, but I just found an exclusive track at the iTunes music store called Bam Thwok. It says it's a new song. It's iTunes, so I have no real reason to believe it's not authentic aside of the fact that it's too good to be true. What's going on here?!!!!

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  09:19:28  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
???

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

frankenspock
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  09:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I paid my 99 cent. Sure sounds like the motherfreaking Pixies; Kim on enthusiastic lead vocal, with Charles mumbling along next to her downkey. Lyrics about god knows what. Musically, could fit in nicely between Doolittle and Bossanova. Guitar line is classic Joseph Alberto Santiago. The mood is somewhere between "Here Comes Your Man" and "I Bleed".

Looks like they slipped one in when we weren't paying attention. If it's a prank, it's a damned good one.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  09:40:36  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't think iTunes would prank us. The sample in the middle of the song kicks my ass, as well. I've been looking up more info on this. If I find anything else out on it, I'll post. Regardless, it's a new song and it rocks. I'm happy. Also, Thomas, are you "????" because you're not familiar with iTunes, or just general confusion. Just download iTunes from itunes.com. You should be able to find it there. Just search for the Pixies, or Bam Thwok.

I'll try to find some more info on it. Did this go unnoticed for three days? How could it?!!! I've been waiting for this day for over a decade.
Go to Top of Page

frankenspock
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  09:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prozacrat

I'll try to find some more info on it. Did this go unnoticed for three days? How could it?!!! I've been waiting for this day for over a decade.

Googling "Bam Thwok" produces no hits. They just dropped it in unannounced and waited to see how long it would take anyone to notice.

Which is both insanely cool and perfectly Pixiesish, if you ask me.

Maybe if they come out with a new album, they'll hide all the copies like easter eggs in public parks.
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  10:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy Christ. Good looking out, prozacrat. I like Kim's vocals, but Frank's moaning/mumbling alongside her kicks it into that nutty Pixies stratosphere. It's so cool. Anyone think that's Feldman in the middle of the song?

Edited by - The New Bolero on 06/12/2004 10:55:35
Go to Top of Page

Haluo
- FB Fan -

Japan
13 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:09:49  Show Profile  Visit Haluo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've been wondering why you all guys ignore this stuff.

I really really want to buy this tune but i can't. because i live in Japan.
I suppose so many people who live outside the US are in agony. please do not 'exclusive' the track.
Go to Top of Page

chickenwithtwoheads
= Cult of Ray =

Netherlands
391 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:14:54  Show Profile  Visit chickenwithtwoheads's Homepage  Click to see chickenwithtwoheads's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"this service is not available in your country"

iTunes still US-only?

isn't it possible to show a 10 or 30-second sample of the song at fb.net?
Or to send the whole file to my personal email adress...?

I'm bored with the valleys and bored by the peaks. So I bought a ticket to the freaks
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More thoughts: Sounds like Kim's Saints or Tipp City meets the Pixies! Sounds like a great B-side, one where you'd ask why it never made it on an album. Is there something about the vocals that brings to mind John and Exene from X? Joey sounds solid. Is the part in the middle sampled from Eraserhead? I've listened to Bam Thwock 14 times in a row and am now going to give it a break. Thanks again, prozacrat, I owe you one.
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FUCK ME!
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FUCK ME! Oh iTunes why are you not available to me???????
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FUCK ME! oh why are you not available to me iTunes?
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to rub it in or anything for those unable to hear it, but I'm up to the 18th consecutive play CANNOT STOP. That chorus is goofy and infectous.
Go to Top of Page

Haluo
- FB Fan -

Japan
13 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:37:45  Show Profile  Visit Haluo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi chickenwithtwoheads

perhaps you can listen 30 seconds sample with your iTunes.
unfortunately, you just can't buy it.
Go to Top of Page

chickenwithtwoheads
= Cult of Ray =

Netherlands
391 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:44:09  Show Profile  Visit chickenwithtwoheads's Homepage  Click to see chickenwithtwoheads's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Haluo

hi chickenwithtwoheads

perhaps you can listen 30 seconds sample with your iTunes.
unfortunately, you just can't buy it.

Thanks! didn't know that was possible...
30 seconds is way too short though

I'm bored with the valleys and bored by the peaks. So I bought a ticket to the freaks
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  11:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lnik tosample. cannotfind.
Go to Top of Page

Kingnickmalt
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just heard it, the 30 second snatch (being a uker). Very upbeat sounding, positive, smiles all round, nonsense lyrics i think. The inbetween doolittle - bossa nova comment, about right.

95% certain its them.
Note the sort of record cover graphic.
Very un pixie, suppose its an I tunes creation.

Wow

What is a signature????
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:17:27  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
someone burn it on cd, then rip it to WAV then mp3, and then get it on soulseek!

-miked
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:21:19  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I reckon this is a Kim creation.

I wanna go to the moon. I wanna do this duet with Morrissey.....
Go to Top of Page

lard
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:23:56  Show Profile  Visit lard's Homepage  Click to see lard's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
this is so damn cool! this song is sooooo different, yet it fucking kicks ass!!!!!

lard
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:25:48  Show Profile  Visit lard's Homepage  Click to see lard's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh yeah, and 100% it IS the PIXIES!!!!!!

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:26:43  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Tipp City came to mind when I heard it. Glad I could point this out for ya folks. I haven't been online in a while, and it was nice to come back with some good news. I've heard it at least thirty times. Not getting sick of it. That'd be impossible. I'd really like to see people outside of the U.S. get to hear it. I'm very pro-iTunes. I'm sure they're working on making their service worldwide. I keep writing short sentences. I'm excited. I've got to go listen to it again. This day just snatched the number 5 slot of my top five favorite days in my entire life. Giddy, giddy, giddy, giddy, giddy.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:28:41  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also, I'd have to give thanks to my little brother Sam who found the song, and bought it for me. So those who are listening to it now can give a thank you to that kid.
Go to Top of Page

lard
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:30:26  Show Profile  Visit lard's Homepage  Click to see lard's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'm smiling soooo much!!!!!!!!!! i heard from BW.com, then came over here just in case.....

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:34:59  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what the hell are they saying in the chorus? haha

-miked
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:37:06  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't know what they're saying, and it's gonna make it difficult for me to tab. Oh well. I've never cared what they were saying in any of their songs. Way to keep it up, guys.
Go to Top of Page

jab1981
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:42:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys, just to let you know the iTunes Music Store goes live in Europe this Tuesday [15th June] so we should be able to legally obtain it then!
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:43:28  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"i love bangkok, oh wokka wokka, bam thwok"

is what it sounds like to me, and it seems like something they would do
hahah cool song though, probably be even better in the context of a new album

-miked
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:55:30  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
anybody an idea what the other songs on the
bam thwok album are
I mean new recordings? or live?

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
232 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that "happy", but still almost eerie keyboard passage halfway through is brilliant...the entire song is so refreshing in my opinion...creativity at its best and reborn.

Erik
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  13:01:35  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry
the bam thow album is only one song
I didn't see yet

how can I buy it?

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  13:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guys come one, bootleg it now for the rest of us. i will send a cheque for 1 dollar (yes, an extra cent!) to the pixies or the charity of their choice if they are pissed off.
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  13:10:36  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
someone on pixiesmusic.com is offering it if you PM them
check out the thread there, thats how i got it
i would give the link away but i dont think thats very right, so go message her

-miked
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  13:40:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone stopped and thought why the hell the pixies would write another song,then release it on I-tunes?

"I joined the Cult of this guy / 'cause they took my other picture away
Go to Top of Page

lard
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  13:41:11  Show Profile  Visit lard's Homepage  Click to see lard's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
.... no, just been listening to the song really...

*still not thinking*

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  13:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
far far cooler.

not noticed how the whole reunion has been so very low key? they done hardly any of their own promotions. at least as far as i know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000