-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 BAM THWOK

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
prozacrat Posted - 06/12/2004 : 08:29:41
I don't know if I missed something here, but I just found an exclusive track at the iTunes music store called Bam Thwok. It says it's a new song. It's iTunes, so I have no real reason to believe it's not authentic aside of the fact that it's too good to be true. What's going on here?!!!!
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BunsenH Posted - 08/08/2014 : 03:29:24
quote:
Originally posted by Helmut

I like the song for the fact that it helped bury the hatchet, but its more of a footnote than anything. It didn't go down well live the few times they played it.

Really, it went down the same as any of the "Indie Cindy" tracks performed live... from my perspective. I remember reading that it was Kim that didn't like the mild applause.
Helmut Posted - 08/07/2014 : 21:48:29
I like the song for the fact that it helped bury the hatchet, but its more of a footnote than anything. It didn't go down well live the few times they played it.
burtkenobi Posted - 07/07/2014 : 11:03:41
I always assumed it was an approving reference to the comedy legend that is Fozzy. But I do love the song.
BunsenH Posted - 07/01/2014 : 15:55:43
quote:
Originally posted by burtkenobi

I still find myself randomly humming "a wokka wokka wokka"...

That's from the muppets...
burtkenobi Posted - 07/01/2014 : 11:00:36
I still find myself randomly humming "a wokka wokka wokka"...
johnnyribcage Posted - 06/23/2014 : 16:07:19
Not that anyone cares, but I've always thought this song sucked. Sounds like a Breeders outtake or something. When they released it I kind of thought, "what the fuck is this? hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come".... Fortunately, it wasn't.

My density has popped me to you.
Mickey Posted - 06/21/2014 : 23:32:52
I still love this song, I find it way better than any of the 2014 material (which I do more or less like).

-Mickey
tisasawath Posted - 06/15/2014 : 05:46:25
Bam Thwok is today's featured article on Wikipedia's front page.
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 06/13/2014 : 16:12:43
I kind of like it. The bridge is the best part, I really love that. If it wasn't sung by Kim, I'd like for them to pull it out in concert. They could do something weird during the bridge. It's an all right song.
trobrianders Posted - 06/13/2014 : 13:22:40
How does it go again?

vilainde Posted - 06/13/2014 : 07:06:31
Stupid doesn't mean bad. Yeah it's stupid and I never listen to it but I kind of like it.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Fissile Posted - 06/13/2014 : 05:46:57
quote:
Originally posted by BunsenH

Scrolling above, it's interesting to see how much praise there was for this little one-off demo. And now, ten years out, that love is clearly gone among fans... Will the same happen with the 2014 tracks?

I thought Bam Thwok was stupid the first time I heard it.
BunsenH Posted - 06/13/2014 : 03:46:33
Scrolling above, it's interesting to see how much praise there was for this little one-off demo. And now, ten years out, that love is clearly gone among fans... Will the same happen with the 2014 tracks?
velvety Posted - 06/13/2014 : 03:29:02
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

quote:
Originally posted by Steak n Sabre
This track was a creeper for me, took a few spins to really get into it. Looking ahead to more.....

Hey man, i'm travelling through time to inform you that you'll have to wait another 10 years to hear any new Pixies music !

___
"Service Unavailable"

Yes, new Pixies music. Hooray. Still, 10 years of waiting.. kind of depressing. I hope they pick up the pace after those new 2014 tracks are released. Even if Mr. Black finds himself with a large family with lots of kids to take care of.
-Calvin Klein
picpic Posted - 06/12/2014 : 20:58:57
quote:
Originally posted by Steak n Sabre
This track was a creeper for me, took a few spins to really get into it. Looking ahead to more.....

Hey man, i'm travelling through time to inform you that you'll have to wait another 10 years to hear any new Pixies music !

___
"Service Unavailable"
billgoodman Posted - 06/11/2014 : 20:52:07
Yay!

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
prozacrat Posted - 06/11/2014 : 08:53:26
Speaking of birthdays, this song is 10 years old now!

"Wait. Hold on. This is where the Pixies draw the line. We don't do the beach ball thing." - Frank
PixieSteve Posted - 12/28/2004 : 06:48:22
hehe, not on my small little one. 4 tracks, can only record a max of 2 at a time :)
billgoodman Posted - 12/27/2004 : 23:38:28
quote:
Originally posted by Adam

Analog. Wasn't that Kim's deal on the TK. What exaclty is the difference between analog and live two track?

And yeah, BW released on 7". Great idea.

Free the Heel!

analog, live to two track
well live to two track is analog
doesn't have to be I guess
but digital machines are most likely
to have
zillion tracks

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Daisy Girl Posted - 12/27/2004 : 21:29:33
Is there a piano in the background when they are playing the organ? Or is it just me? I thought I heard one. Thank you!
bamthwok Posted - 12/11/2004 : 21:15:37
mmmm... you payd for it? i don't know if you know, but there are soo many progs to download music, and it is FREE, in japan, or anywhere.
and, i don't know if you know, but bam thwok, the song, is available since march, what kind of fans did you sayd ....?
Adam Posted - 10/08/2004 : 09:05:29
Analog. Wasn't that Kim's deal on the TK. What exaclty is the difference between analog and live two track?

And yeah, BW released on 7". Great idea.

Free the Heel!
blarg007 Posted - 10/08/2004 : 08:27:37
yay Analog.
FB&C's first LP is one of the finest sounding
guitar recordings ever, now that I think about
it their whole catalog is a testament to the
quality of relying on the performers.

I'm sure no matter how they produce it that if
or when the Pixies do an LP it will be sweet.
Albini would be a good choice..
eddieG Posted - 09/09/2004 : 14:59:06
Hey!

"Bam Thwok" is a god damn good song, it made me happy listening to it!

Pixies rock as they ever did, it's unbeliveable! :-)

I'm sure their new album will carry many songs of that kind, I'm glad and looking forward spending my money on it as soon as it's for sale!

In this time of global Retro's and Return's, The Pixies are for sure on the top! Even after more than a decade of pause, they still keep the high standard as in the times when they were one of the best and most influential bands in the world!

Let's wich them (actually us!) many more such songs! ;-)
Adam Posted - 08/11/2004 : 06:00:05
I just got a copy of BT last week. It is both light and airy. It's a fun little song. I'm glad it got to see the light of day.

Free the Heel!
Steak n Sabre Posted - 08/10/2004 : 12:58:13
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

Bam Thwok was recorded and mixed entiirely analog.

Now if I could only rip it to wax cylinder.. :P

The Cult of Frank: We'll keep the light on for you...
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/08/2004 : 22:25:36
No need to apologize, I was just heading things off in advance...

"When 5000 posts you reach / Look as good you will not, hmmm?"
TheCroutonFuton Posted - 08/08/2004 : 20:58:48
You still haven't explained where the "h" came from...

"Freedom is a state of mind and the condition and position of your ass. Free your mind and your ass will follow." - Funkadelic
fumanbru Posted - 08/08/2004 : 20:54:22
here's an example of how you can use it in a sentence. "Hedwig's sex change operation went awry and he ended up with a thwok."

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
TheCroutonFuton Posted - 08/08/2004 : 20:22:38
Alright, that's pretty retarded. Seems you forgot about the "h"...Plus, Charles seems to prefer the word "cunt" to "twat". It'd be "Cuck"..but since they still need to add an "h" to make it fit the formula it'd be "Chuck".

"Freedom is a state of mind and the condition and position of your ass. Free your mind and your ass will follow." - Funkadelic
fumanbru Posted - 08/08/2004 : 20:06:36
sorry dean. i lost focus after i read frank's post.

back to the bam thwock discussion. i have a question for mature (over 18) members - do you think it is intentional that "thwok" is a combination of the words "twat" and "cock"? and who do you think came up with the word "twock"- kim, frank, or the little boy who wrote the story?

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/08/2004 : 11:06:09
Guys, please keep this about Bam Thwok...

It shouldn't turn into shout-outs to FB everytime he posts somewhere, keep it on topic.

There's already one thread for shout outs to FB (King's Court).

"When 5000 posts you reach / Look as good you will not, hmmm?"
Skatealex1 Posted - 08/08/2004 : 00:14:10
Hi Frank you the man!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Truth Is Out There
kathryn Posted - 08/07/2004 : 18:51:28
Mr. Frank: you are so very kind to have taken time off from
what must be a grueling schedule to check in
with your humble, adoring fans.

Thanks, for this and for everything.

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Frank
n/a Posted - 08/07/2004 : 14:39:00
He`s back...