New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  10:49:03  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
er, simon, I the meet up isnt happening anymore. its, er, erm, cancelled, yeah, cancelled. *cough* everyone coming email me *cough*

malax - my comments were nto directed towards you. I ahve to say, in all honesty, that my respect does begin to wander when i find this preson ahs cheated. I cant imagine some one who could inflict that pain on to others.
But yeah, Its not personal.

I dont think any relationship can happily survive forever. But long term is different than forever. Sure tis gonna hurt when you split up, but what about all of the good side to being in a long term relationship?

As malax said, its all life experience, all something to learn from.

I love you for what I am not,
I did not ask for what I have got.

You will get used to me.
Welcome to your new joy.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  11:00:06  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hate the idea of there not being permanence to a loving relationship. I'm a romantic, I'd rather believe that this person I meet and fall in love with will be there forever, together with me. It's possible...I don't know if it's still as possible these days though. Society and its love affair with everything sex seems to make it more difficult for people to stay focused in a loving relationship. Too much temptation.

Relationships have way too much emotional investment...you begin to rely on this person, then bam, you're broken up. Heartbreak is the worst feeling in the world. Some people handle it better than others...some seem to never recover. I guess it comes down to your psychological makeup.

The main reason for cheating, I think, are needs not being met in a relationship. Sexual needs. Why else would you turn to sex with someone else? Why have sex with someone else when you're getting it regularly at home? Doesn't make sense to me.

I see this old couple at work every now and then...nicest old people you've ever met. They've been together for many many years, I can't remember how many. They seem to be so happy together. They're so nice. It warms my heart. I'd kill for something like that.

I don't think people should be looking for long term until they're 30. That's the problem...people are meeting too young these days.

Boycott cults and t's
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  11:12:15  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that is as you said a romantics point of view.

It would be lovely to happen, but it wont.

I dotn know why people cant control them selves.

I think cheating is about 500 x worse when its with some one that the cheater cares about, or cares about them. fine, fuck some slut, but cheating on someone who there are still emotional ties with is sick.

You will get used to me.
Welcome to your new joy.
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  11:13:25  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

The main reason for cheating, I think, are needs not being met in a relationship. Sexual needs. Why else would you turn to sex with someone else? Why have sex with someone else when you're getting it regularly at home? Doesn't make sense to me.

Boycott cults and t's

I can see your poit, and i think to some extent it must be true - but ive seen cases where it most certainly wasnt the case.

You will get used to me.
Welcome to your new joy.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  11:14:17  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that its possible to have a relationship forever, I'm a hopeless romantic like Jimbo I think. I think you're all just bitter cynics. Mel, I think its really sad that you think a long term relationship rather than foreverness is the ultimate goal in a relationship.

But then, don't look to me as a role model, good grief no. I think women look at me and see a big 'L' tattooed to my forehead.

"Everywhere I go I want to travel by X-Wing"
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  11:16:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I see this old couple at work every now and then...nicest old people you've ever met. They've been together for many many years, I can't remember how many. They seem to be so happy together. They're so nice. It warms my heart. I'd kill for something like that.

maybe he seems so happy because he's seeing some hot 22 year old on the side.
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  11:30:25  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floop

quote:

maybe he seems so happy because he's seeing some hot 22 year old on the side.

Mwahaha! Maybe they have an open relationships?! maybe they are swingers?!

cheeseman, i dont see it as the ultimate goal, i see it as the realistic one. Id LIKE to have a relationship with one person forever, but i doubt i could ever find someone loyal and faithfull, and not an asshole that I could do this with. and plus people change, and so youd have to grow together. I dont know, i often think relationships that last that long usually mean one person is very submissive, and not happy.

You will get used to me.
Welcome to your new joy.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  11:33:06  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm an idealist, its not like I have a huge amount of life experience in this area. I think I'll go and watch Romeo & Juliet again...

"Everywhere I go I want to travel by X-Wing"
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  12:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think alot of people (with proper emotions) 'our' age like to think the person they meet next will be the person they will spend their life with. I know I did with my ex and I felt like that for a good long while but over time things change and people change. Cheating is not nice but neither is staying in a relationship that is going nowhere and nobody wants to admit it and you just 'suffer' in silence. Alot of the time I think the anguish is taken out of it because the relationship has died on its feet. Although I definately agree that if there is still a strong bond from both or one of the people then cheating is very very nasty.
However when its over if you have the ability, you move on and you look for the next person you can potentially spend the rest of your life with.

I May've Joined The Cult Of Frank If I Knew What The Balls Was Going On.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  13:55:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VoVat

I'll have to agree with the people who said that cheating is just a bad idea, period. Yes, everyone has the potential, but everyone also has the potential to kill someone. Doesn't mean it's a good idea, or something I could ever forgive myself if I were to do it.

Cattle in Korea / They can really moo.

But doesn't the very fact that everyone has the potential worry you?

It worries me.

You are out, you are VERY VERY drunk, the man/woman of your dreams comes on to you, VERY strongly. Anyone 100% sure they would not even kiss them???

I have seen so many people who I NEVER thought would cheat, do just that, that I have such little faith in people in relationships. So many of those have been under the influence (in one way or another) that it's not really when people are sober that I don't trust them.

Another classic situation is when people say "But I was gonna finish with them anyway" or "Things haven't been too good between us lately". Ultimately, they still cheated, even if it is slightly more understandable.

Now serial cheaters, they have a problem!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  14:34:55  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're drunk, it doesn't count!

I keep feeling like people are just looking at screens and web sites all the time, but do they ever do anything? Or go out and say anything to anyone? I'm not so sure anymore.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  15:13:21  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
The main reason for cheating, I think, are needs not being met in a relationship. Sexual needs. Why else would you turn to sex with someone else?

Curiosity, maybe? That's basically a devil's advocate argument, as I actually tend to agree here.

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have to agree with the people who said that cheating is just a bad idea, period. Yes, everyone has the potential, but everyone also has the potential to kill someone. Doesn't mean it's a good idea, or something I could ever forgive myself if I were to do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, sure. I still don't think I'd do it, though, potential or no potential.

As for Risk, is it even possible to finish WITHOUT someone throwing the board across the room? <g>

I'm not generally very competitive. I like playing board and card games, and I don't TRY to lose, but I usually do, and it doesn't bother me that much.

Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2004 :  02:51:58  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adnan_le_Terrible

If you're drunk, it doesn't count!

I keep feeling like people are just looking at screens and web sites all the time, but do they ever do anything? Or go out and say anything to anyone? I'm not so sure anymore.

indeed! that's what *I* said! and i didn't sleep with them! was just some drunken kissing...

Is it like today? Oh, oh, oh-oh. Then there followed days with kings, empires and revolutions. blood just looks the same when you open the veins. sometimes it was faith, power or reason as the cornerstone. but the furrowed brow has never left his face. he said, how did it come to this?
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2004 :  03:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've managed to extinguish some of my evil. Heres a way to get it right back up.

The one time I had sex and cheated it was shit anyway really wasn't worth it. It was on the bus station it was very cold and it was her time of the month. I went home feeling bad, cold and blood on various items of clothing. I later found out she was just 16.

ugh

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2004 :  03:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But I was DRUNK!!!

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2004 :  03:35:15  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
jaysus malax! way to make me look good!

Is it like today? Oh, oh, oh-oh. Then there followed days with kings, empires and revolutions. blood just looks the same when you open the veins. sometimes it was faith, power or reason as the cornerstone. but the furrowed brow has never left his face. he said, how did it come to this?
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2004 :  03:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I may delete it actually, Its not worth the hassle.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2004 :  04:59:05  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malax

I've managed to extinguish some of my evil. Heres a way to get it right back up.

The one time I had sex and cheated it was shit anyway really wasn't worth it. It was on the bus station it was very cold and it was her time of the month. I went home feeling bad, cold and blood on various items of clothing. I later found out she was just 16.

ugh

*Adapted By Carolynanna*

What a nice story.

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2004 :  15:01:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

older woman.. nice.
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2004 :  17:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was quite a shock to me. I still don't really know what 'time of month' means. All I know is stay away from girls that time. *hush*blood comes out of their wee wee hole

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  07:50:50  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

It was quite a shock to me. I still don't really know what 'time of month' means. All I know is stay away from girls that time. *hush*blood comes out of their wee wee hole

*Adapted By Carolynanna*

so i'm assuming you're definately not a girl then?

Why won't you dance for me, like you danced for him?
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  09:07:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. Im just 12.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  09:07:50  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Maybe she's just a very ignorant girl.

Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  15:40:53  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ewwwwwwwww. Thats disgusting malax! at least if you cheat do it in dignity!

I never let guys near me when im on 'time of the month'. thats just gross. wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. And a bus station!?!? where are you from!? essex!?

You will get used to me.
Welcome to your new joy.
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  16:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mclusky have a song called chases which is all about having sex with girls on their period. Quality song.

Im not from essex, why do they have a reputation for having sex with people on bus stations?

I regret the things I've done. I once got back to a girls house and we were in the motions but I chose not to have sex cos I wanted the next time to be with someone special. Does that redeem me a little?

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

broken part
- FB Fan -

226 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  19:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how can kissing be cheatin? would just lookin at bums and tits on the beach be cheating?
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  19:35:35  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

quote:

It worries me.

You are out, you are VERY VERY drunk, the man/woman of your dreams comes on to you, VERY strongly. Anyone 100% sure they would not even kiss them???

Does this actually ever happen to anyone? You are drunk at a club and the person OF YOUR DREAMS comes on to you VERY STRONGLY? It seems unlikely to me...

there's fire if you want it, let me know. I'm sick and tired of letting go...
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  19:45:51  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
how can kissing be cheatin? would just lookin at bums and tits on the beach be cheating?

I actually think that kind of stuff is up to the individual people in a relationship to decide. I guess "cheating" might conventionally only apply to sex, but that doesn't mean that your significant other would be happy about your having kissed someone else.

Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  19:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a case of intimacy kissing should be reserved purely for the one you love. Provided you love them.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

broken part
- FB Fan -

226 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  19:55:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but then if you have kissed people you haven't loved its ok to kiss others while you're in love with someone else according to your reasoning
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  20:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well yes that does sound a bit shit. But you know what I mean. Its half 4 I cant be assed explaining. Tell you what, go get a girlfriend, go out with her for a bit, then kiss someone, tell her, and see what happens.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

broken part
- FB Fan -

226 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2004 :  20:38:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tell u what. got a girlfriend. kissed someone while she was watching. She threw a fit.
Point is: if someone is not even willing to consider a menage-a-trois she's not worth it. And this shall be my philosophy till I hit 35. Then I'll change my loose ways.
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2004 :  09:23:47  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IM a total bitch in relationsips. even chatting a girl up, is inmy eyes reason to go through the roof. which I will do. Regularly.

actually, thats not strictly true. Its only in certain situations..like if they were chatting up their ex, or a girl that had mae it clear she fancies them...then im not such a happy bunny.

You will get used to me.
Welcome to your new joy.
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2004 :  15:54:47  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ramona

Does this actually ever happen to anyone? You are drunk at a club and the person OF YOUR DREAMS comes on to you VERY STRONGLY? It seems unlikely to me...

there's fire if you want it, let me know. I'm sick and tired of letting go...

I guess it has something to do with the fact that you are very very drunk.

Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2004 :  16:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adnan your sig doesn't make much sense. And I doubt drinking makes someone into the person of your dreams.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000