Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  12:08:14  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

"Tell all the thousands (and mounting) victims of the jibby jabs it's not a scam."

There are 4.84 billion people fully vaccinated, a few thousand adverse cases is pretty damn good compared to the risks that come with catching COVID (particularly for the unvaccinated).

"Go and research the global mortality rates over 2020 and 2021 and come back and explain to me exactly where the "deadly pandemic" was."

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

^ Uh, it seems to have been pretty deadly? But I suppose the excess mortality was actually a result of the "jibby jabs" and "vaccine injuries"... Wake up sheeple!

The only people who are "fully vaccinated" are the ones who got through the pandemic using their own natural immunity.

If that many people have taken the jabs, and I doubt it's as many as that, then big problems are coming because these jabs do not work and they are killing and harming thousands of people right now including children. It's a new experimental technology that was rushed through testing, and Pfizer have been shown to have covered up many adverse recorded effects to get them authorised.

I mean, it's not like they've tried this before? Like with the swine flu pandemic in 2009 when they lobbied the media to overstate the seriousness of it so they could roll out their vaccines, subsequently destroying the health of thousands of people. About the same time the WHO changed the defintion of a pandemic so basically anything that's present globally can be classified as such. They've even done this before and people are still falling for it, on a much bigger scale now. Swine flu was probably a test run for what we are seeing today.

The excess death figures in the article you linked to have been shown to be falsified using the PCR test - the actual number of deaths from covid (or what they are calling covid) is far lower. Lockdown was a factor too, as was medical malpractise and denial of treatment or access to known safe and effective prophylactic medicines like Ivermectin and Hydrochloroquin. There was no significant increase in overal global mortality rates throughout 2020 - a slight increase in 2021 due to things like people being denied access to doctors to have cancers diagnosed etc and now there are massive spikes in all cause mortalities, including children and otherwise healthy athletes, and this is most likely down to the jabs.

---

I know this is a music forum and not for talking about stuff like this, but this is deadly serious and if I'm right these things need to be said everywhere before any more damage is done.

Edited by - pot on 07/14/2022 12:19:41
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  21:36:55  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Love this one: "like 9/11 was (which was also a lie)"
Let's stay focused, Pot! One thing at a time. Or is it all connected?

Anyway, The Maharal is a boardie who needs our support and sympathy.
It's a pity he can't make it to the concert.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2022 :  01:00:10  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah I'm sure they're connected - all part of the Project for the New American Century. My advice is just stay away from the rabbit holes - you don't want to know how evil the world really is and then you'll just spend the rest of your life trying to wake folk up and taking nothing but abuse for it. Or just stick your foot down there enough to know they're lying about one thing and then extrapolate that into everything else and just stop complying with the government. Get stocked up on dried food and become as self sufficient as you can going forward.

Anyway, I hope Maharal feels better soon. Rest, paracetomol and drink plenty of water used to work well for things like this in old days so I'm sure he'll be just fine.

I missed out on the only festival or anything going on around here in May this year (a mod/scooter festival) because I had a dicky tummy! I've been to fuck all for the past 6 years pretty much but hopefully I might get to a small festival at the Crawick Multiverse where I grew up where they are having a small shindig there in September. So it'll be a bunch of local bands I've never heard of, Glasvegas, The Red Hot Chilli Pipers and The Bay City Rollers. I'll have to try and contain my excitement.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2022 :  11:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anybody go to the Galway show last night? Looks like a nice setlist
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2022 :  22:32:09  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow Bedbug, way to get off topic.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2022 :  22:36:10  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All the saints is back!
Love that they play that again.

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2022 :  03:50:33  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Trying to warn people of really bad things that are coming is never off topic.

The situation I'm relating to above directly affects whether any band who is currently touring will be able to finish their tour - as has been the case for the past two and a half years - so I'm not really off-topic.

Carry on pretending we aren't in serious, imminent danger from rising global tyranny though.

Edited by - pot on 07/16/2022 04:26:05
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2022 :  05:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This Monkey Pox Has Gone to Earth!

In all seriousness, Pot I can only speak for myself but I don’t pretend for a minute that we are not in danger of global tyranny. Have you ever listened to the lyrics of 666? A bunch of FB’s songs are about that very topic.

And Bill, yes I too love that All The Saints is in rotation. I just listened to HC the other day and Saints has become my favorite track on the album (replacing the former number one Tenement Song).
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2022 :  05:43:24  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
666 wasn't that a Charles Normal's brother's song - I forget his name? Don't remember it very well. Ken the monkey song though. Larry Norman aye it is aye (now I'm in a better internet connection zone)

Greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist - or words to that effect - end quote

Edited by - pot on 07/16/2022 05:48:44
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2022 :  15:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here’s a helpful link to the wacky conspiracy theory thread for anyone who feels like they just have to get those thoughts off in a Frank Black forum of all places
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34433
Let er rip…
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2022 :  16:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Second Galway show setlist, opening with River Euphrates and There Goes My Gun, plus Classic Masher making an appearance? Nice, good look Pixies
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2022 :  00:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the well wishes guys!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/artsandculture/arid-40919666.html - fairly stupid review of the Galway gig. Writer (whose name is even spelled wrong) takes issue with the lack of banter. Eejit. I wish I could post him this quote from BF:

I think other people enjoy the festival circuit more than I do. It isn’t that I’m not appreciative of the audience or of the gig or of the fee that I’m paid at the end of the night. I’m appreciative of all that. But I’m just not a big believer in the festival the way that other people seem to be, and have been ever since I played my first festival twenty-eight years ago or whatever. People, especially over in Europe, they’ve been going to the same field every summer for however many decades. It’s this whole kind of ritualistic tribal thing that they do and they love it. But in terms of the rock music, I would say that I guess as it has evolved over the years, it’s gotten very commercialized or whatever. There are a lot of sponsors involved. There’s a lot of advertising. There are a lot of stages. There are a lot of bands. It’s this whole kind of like…faux-ethos vibe that is like, Oh, yes, the festival is the ultimate expression of human gathering. That kind of a mentality has taken over in a way. I think everybody likes the idea that there are a lot of bands there and there are a lot of people there and there’s a lot of stuff going on. But I just think it’s too much.
We’re coming from the Northeast, and basically we’re all fairly shy. Standing up in front of a bunch of people, especially nowadays, because people are conditioned to want to hear the call-and-response. HEY – OH – HEY – OH. They’re conditioned to people to say, “What’s up, motherfucker?!” They want to hear that. One thing I enjoy the most about festivals is there’s this kind of awkward tension when we’re onstage because—I would say 40 to 50 percent of the audience are just kind of waiting, wondering when we’re going to kick the big beach ball off into the crowd. And they don’t know what to do until we break that tension, and we never break the tension. We just go along and play our songs. I think everyone’s kind of happy when we say good night and we take our bow. We wave. We’re not fake. We take in the applause and say, “We love you, too.” So I think everyone knows in the end, Oh! They were in a good mood! I just can’t understand the modern-rock mentality. It’s like, has anyone ever listened to a fucking goddamn Lou Reed record? What the fuck have they been listening to and watching? “They seem like they were catty, in a bad mood tonight. They didn’t say anything to the audience!” Like, what the fuck planet are you on? Have you listened to any cool rock band ever? Have you ever heard of Miles fucking Davis? What the fuck? Anyway. It’s just feeling a little too Spring Break for me. I’m very happy to be there, but I just don’t know that I’m exactly on the wavelength. Sometimes you just gotta go, “Hey, I accepted the tour, I accepted the gig. I don’t need to understand it. I just need to walk out onto the stage at whatever time and day I’m supposed to be there, be who I am, and entertain the nice people.” I never have a bad attitude about it.

Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2022 :  00:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister went to the second Galway night and she said it was a good gig except that the crowd was annoying. Never understood the idea of going to a gig and recording most of it on your phone. Someone in front of her recorded four songs in a row until my sister shouted loudly ''god is she going to record the whole thing?'' which put a stop to it. There's also someone on facebook who recorded basically the whole gig which is nuts. I can understand recording one or two songs, maybe one of the more obscure ones, but the whole gig is crazy. Enjoy it with your eyes. On reddit there was a picture doing the rounds of someone recording the gig with an iPad. A bloody iPad. Crazy.

Bob Dylan is doing a no phone thing on his upcoming tour - seems like it would be hard to enforce but I commend the idea.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2022 :  01:14:47  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Even texting on your smartphone gets you kicked out during a Tool show

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2022 :  01:18:57  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Second Galway show setlist, opening with River Euphrates and There Goes My Gun, plus Classic Masher making an appearance? Nice, good look Pixies

5 from Bossanova too

plus

Moon, Human Crime and the two BTE songs

Almost all of Doolittle and just three of SR

Last night they played Blown Away and Classic Masher again

Go to Top of Page

auxfnx
- FB Fan -

Ireland
29 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2022 :  03:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So happy they played one of my favs, Blown Away, in Dublin, along with some BTE and the new ones. Really hoped for an unreleased track or more 2.0 but there was a nice amount of 2.0 considering!
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2022 :  12:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the fan FB group, there's an "announcement for UK fans" at 9am on Monday.
Go to Top of Page

jay
- FB Fan -

Ireland
35 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2022 :  13:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.hotpress.com/live-review/live-report-pixies-at-the-iveagh-gardens-dublin-22918519

Shank indeed.They
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2022 :  22:29:21  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Seems like they played d= r * t two days ago
Love that they keep adding songs

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2022 :  00:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tiny Manchester show tomorrow night then (already sold out). Will be a good one!

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2022 :  09:50:57  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

Tiny Manchester show tomorrow night then (already sold out). Will be a good one!

Maybe some new songs?

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2022 :  23:07:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

quote:

Maybe some new songs?

Three "unknown" according setlist.fm
Doesn't mean that Doggerel-songs were played
Could be some obscure ones

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  01:13:59  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not finding anything on YouTube - were phones banned?
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  04:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe some new songs?

Three "unknown" according setlist.fm
Doesn't mean that Doggerel-songs were played
Could be some obscure ones

One now confirmed as Classic Masher.

A few vids of other songs on the fan FB group.
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  06:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From their instagram stories...

1. Ana
2. Death Horizon
3. Here Comes Your Man
4. All The Saints
5. Brick Is Red
6. Break My Body
7. Ed Is Dead
8. Vamos
9. Nimrod’s Son
10. Who’s More Sorry Now (Live Debut)
11. There’s A Moon On
12. Cactus
13. Dead
14. I’ve Been Tired
15. Caribou
16. Classic Masher
17. Monkeys Gone To Heaven
18. Gigantic
19. Cecilia Ann
20. No.13 Baby
21. There Goes My Gun
22. The Lord Has Come Back Today (Live Debut)
23. Gouge Away
24. I Bleed
25. Saint Nazaire
26. Wave Of Mutilation
27. Human Crime
28. Head on
29. Isla De Encanta
30 Crackity Jones
31. Broken Face
32. Debaser
33. Planet Of Sound
34. Vault Of Heaven (Live Debut)
35. Velouria
36. Havalina
37. Hey
38. Blown Away
39. The Holiday Song
40. Levitate Me
41. Bone Machine
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  06:57:01  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Active Duck

From their instagram stories...

1. Ana
2. Death Horizon
3. Here Comes Your Man
4. All The Saints
5. Brick Is Red
6. Break My Body
7. Ed Is Dead
8. Vamos
9. Nimrod’s Son
10. Who’s More Sorry Now (Live Debut)
11. There’s A Moon On
12. Cactus
13. Dead
14. I’ve Been Tired
15. Caribou
16. Classic Masher
17. Monkeys Gone To Heaven
18. Gigantic
19. Cecilia Ann
20. No.13 Baby
21. There Goes My Gun
22. The Lord Has Come Back Today (Live Debut)
23. Gouge Away
24. I Bleed
25. Saint Nazaire
26. Wave Of Mutilation
27. Human Crime
28. Head on
29. Isla De Encanta
30 Crackity Jones
31. Broken Face
32. Debaser
33. Planet Of Sound
34. Vault Of Heaven (Live Debut)
35. Velouria
36. Havalina
37. Hey
38. Blown Away
39. The Holiday Song
40. Levitate Me
41. Bone Machine

Exciting!

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  07:02:32  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
41 songs from the tiny surprise Manc gig?

That's not bad value
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  07:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The brooding Morricone desert rock of ‘Vault of Heaven’

I think that the only one of the three that gets a description on the band's store.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  07:20:37  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We should be raving about this, right?

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  07:42:13  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We as in everyone who has heard Vault Of Heaven?

I don't like hearing new songs live before an album release - it's a bad omen. Unless those are spurious covers or it's Led Zepelin's first gig and I've just gone back in a time machine I'm just going to wait.

I want to see pictures though. Because it's manchester where I used to live in the mad for it 90's.

Edited by - pot on 07/20/2022 07:49:28
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  09:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to hear them but at the same time I'm full of dread about that Vault of Heaven description as I can imagine the song to be Silver Bullet II.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  09:22:49  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
One of the best Pixies 2.0
So bring it on

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  09:31:57  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe they are trolling us with the moon song?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  09:37:11  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Maybe they are trolling us with the moon song?

Kind of like it now
A steady 7
C+

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2022 :  10:05:27  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
According to David Brown the new single is Who’s More Sorry Now

Not sure he is a boardie here, he wrote it on Facebook

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000