Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2022 :  07:04:03  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

23 songs from COP through Doolittle is just too many, wish they'd build the setlist around what they've not been playing. There are only a handful of must-plays to keep the casual fans happy.
They can't know what works and doesn't work if they're not brave enough to experiment.

Go tell them on Insta!

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?

Asked the 'The Happening'.

I thought the balance of the sets in recent years (esp HC/BTE era) seemed like a really good mix of old and new.

I imagine the current run will head the same way once the festival shows are out of the way.

Oh the Happening. That would be so great.

They do have a Come On Pilgrim and Surfer Rosa tour later this year in New Zealand and Australia coming up. I guess those songs will stay in heavy rotation.

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2022 :  07:04:42  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

23 songs from COP through Doolittle is just too many, wish they'd build the setlist around what they've not been playing. There are only a handful of must-plays to keep the casual fans happy.
They can't know what works and doesn't work if they're not brave enough to experiment.

Go tell them on Insta!

I've whined on twitter and Insta - never had a response! The one time they asked people to vote there was instant demand for Trompe and Bossa stuff and they played it then quietly dropped it all and brought back the early stuff.

Keep it up!

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2022 :  07:07:32  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Btw, you can still tell them at: https://www.instagram.com/stories/pixiesofficial/2867096105824246333/

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2022 :  03:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Go tell them on Insta!

Asked for the 'The Happening'.

I thought the balance of the sets in recent years (esp HC/BTE era) seemed like a really good mix of old and new.

I imagine the current run will head the same way once the festival shows are out of the way.

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2022 :  03:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still surprised 'Hang Wire' hasn't been played since the original run!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2022 :  11:09:21  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Still surprised 'Hang Wire' hasn't been played since the original run!

such a good and easy to digest song
Straight forward, dynamic and tasteful
should have been a concert stapple.

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2022 :  22:42:18  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Blown Away and Motorway two days ago
Death Horizon too

Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
908 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2022 :  00:27:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to setlist.fm an unknown song (presumably from the upcoming record) was played on June 23. Any videos or recordings floating around?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2022 :  02:11:56  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

According to setlist.fm an unknown song (presumably from the upcoming record) was played on June 23. Any videos or recordings floating around?

Yes, but it's also possible that someone just doesn't know all the songs
Could be one of the "obscure" songs post Doolittle

Still: There's a moon and Human Crime are listed...so that rules out those two

Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
= Cult of Ray =

471 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2022 :  10:32:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going in a couple of weeks, I'd settle for Moon, Crime and Blown Away being in the set. Seems to be about as optimistic but possible as we can get in this run.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2022 :  04:14:40  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some great choices last night according to setlist.fm: Motorway, Moon, St Nazaire, Death Horizon, the A's from Bossanova (Ana, Havalina, Velouria and Cecilia Ann).

Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1221 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2022 :  06:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some good clips from last night in Rome

Euphrates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lYmJLhGvs8

includes Cactus, HCYM, Vamos, Break my Body, Broken Face, Gouge, Carbou, Gigantic, Crackity, WIMM. Nothing beyond Doolittle though :( But crowd is clearly enjoying it all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY8cuuwmRoc

Edited by - Sprite on 06/28/2022 06:56:46
Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
177 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2022 :  17:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that rome setlist is bangers from beginning to end. sure you could wish for more trompe tracks and so on but all things considered, and given what they could have played instead, that's a fantastic setlist!

broken face -> crackity -> isla de encanta -> head on back to back is intense man

Edited by - tamefan on 06/28/2022 17:54:58
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2022 :  03:41:51  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Someone from the band or entourage has covid.
Two shows cancelled.

I hope nobody gets long covid

Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2022 :  07:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see some other bands are having the same thing, and using the same phrase, “someone in the band has Covid.”
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2022 :  08:46:23  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Red Hot Chilli Peppers have pulled some gigs due to an "unspecified illness" which probably means "vaccine injury" - nice to see some normality back this summer though even if I've not managed to bag any gigs this year myself yet, but I fear we are in the eye of the storm right now..
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
= Cult of Ray =

471 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2022 :  09:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked up Covid a few weeks back, almost certainly from a gig.
Fingers Xd they get back in track and don't start cancelling shows ine by one.
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
= Cult of Ray =

471 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2022 :  01:52:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently played an acoustic set in London last night, no advance tix and not much evidence online.
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2022 :  02:40:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Apparently played an acoustic set in London last night, no advance tix and not much evidence online.

oh wow

10 videos (11 songs) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0xrYEoh2V0&list=PLQgLpB3RzSS5vaXPOq-1mEs-0d3qxZWyk

seems to be the whole show, if this setlist is correct and complete: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pixies/2022/private-venue-london-england-bb57976.html

it's educational

Edited by - Discoking on 07/08/2022 02:45:44
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2022 :  02:56:40  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow, I like surprises!

Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
= Cult of Ray =

471 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2022 :  06:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, some evidence online :D

Am at Hyde Park, is kin hot and can't actually get anywhere near the stage cos of a massive golden circle that sold out before Pixies were added to the bill.
Looking forward to Trompe, Happening and Mons!
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
= Cult of Ray =

471 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2022 :  10:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cactus
Here Comes Your Man
Gouge Away
Head On
Caribou
Where Is My Mind?
Vamos
Mr Grieves
Wave Of Mutilation (UK Surf)
Winterlong
There's A Moon On
Tame
Bone Machine, aborted - Paz to blame
Something Against You
Isla Da Encanta
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Hey
I've Been Tired
Debaser

Not even Human Crime! Pfft.. No 2.0 either

Good performance, lots of long intros and solos. Finished early though, could have played another. Not seen Paz fuck up before, lots of smiles all round :)

Edited by - stuczuba on 07/08/2022 11:13:08
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
= Cult of Ray =

471 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2022 :  12:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://mega.nz/file/Q7oDgSLY#CnnvZrveNgplwmGwcdgIcxzfPDPjNtFcjlv7fFrRWPc

^ mp3 of Hyde Park, not heard it properly but a quick dip sounded OK for outdoors etc.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2022 :  00:39:58  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
5 Bossanova songs yesterday.
Not the 13 I would want, but still.

Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

959 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  02:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The novelty of them playing in Galway is pretty huge considering I lived there for years and everyone there is fairly music-mad. I remember going to the promoter's indie rock discos back in the day and I'd always request some Pixies or Frank solo and he'd always oblige - I also remember asking him why he didn't get BF to perform there solo and he said that's beyond his sway so good that he eventually pulled off Pixies. So yeah bought tickets three years ago and this morning before taking off I did a covid test and it's positive, oh well. So if anyone would like two tickets for tomorrow's gig let me know. Sadly I can't transfer them - you'd have to come up to Belfast and get them off my gf, who sadly hasn't ever seen them live and will have to wait a bit longer.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  04:09:25  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those Covid tests are useless - they don't test for anything. You think a little mass produced plastic device from China is going to tell you if you have covid?

Here's a test: Are you ill? If the answer is No then you don't have covid - you don't even have a cold. You cannot infect someone with a respiratory virus if you have no symptoms.

Are there currently requirements in Ireland for testing to get into venues?

Seriously, stop complying with this crap or it's never going to end.

Or comply, and then miss out on seeing the Pixies for no rational reason. Up to you.

Two and a half years and this is STILL going on..

Edited by - pot on 07/14/2022 04:10:29
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  06:28:02  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shut the fuck up, pot.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

959 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  06:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sadly I am very ill and wouldn't be able to travel half the country or stand for a couple of hours.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  06:53:22  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Sadly I am very ill and wouldn't be able to travel half the country or stand for a couple of hours.

Sorry to hear. Get well soon.

I still stand by what I said though - and I would very much like not to have to face any more abuse from people on here.

This whole covid pandemic is a scam and people need to wake up and stop complying with these insane restrictions. There's more coming, and things are going to get a lot worse.

quote:
Originally posted by The Maharal
this morning before taking off I did a covid test and it's positive

We're you ill before you took the test?

Seems like you were considering on going until you took the test.

Edited by - pot on 07/14/2022 07:04:05
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  07:13:54  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A scam? Tell that to my friend who still can't ride a bicycle like he used to

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  07:23:06  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did he get myocarditis from the jibby jabs?

Tell all the thousands (and mounting) victims of the jibby jabs it's not a scam.

Go and research the global mortality rates over 2020 and 2021 and come back and explain to me exactly where the "deadly pandemic" was.

Explain to me why now (following the roll out of the jibby jabs) all cause mortality rates are spiking - we have a pandemic of heart disease in children - still births and miscarraiges are spiking - Guillain-Barré syndrome - strokes - otherwise super fit althetes dropping dead on the pitch or now unable to play etc.

And here's me - never wore a mask, never took the jabs - just ate healthy and exercised and I've not had so much as a sniffle since 2005 (the summer I took ill with something - possibly Sars-cov-1 which possibly left me with t-cell immunity?)

Happy to debate this with anyone who can keep a civil tongue in their heads.

Edited by - pot on 07/14/2022 07:24:27
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  07:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice review of the Tel Aviv show here

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-711916
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  10:28:58  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:

Did he get myocarditis from the jibby jabs?

Tell all the thousands (and mounting) victims of the jibby jabs it's not a scam.

Go and research the global mortality rates over 2020 and 2021 and come back and explain to me exactly where the "deadly pandemic" was.

Explain to me why now (following the roll out of the jibby jabs) all cause mortality rates are spiking - we have a pandemic of heart disease in children - still births and miscarraiges are spiking - Guillain-Barré syndrome - strokes - otherwise super fit althetes dropping dead on the pitch or now unable to play etc.

And here's me - never wore a mask, never took the jabs - just ate healthy and exercised and I've not had so much as a sniffle since 2005 (the summer I took ill with something - possibly Sars-cov-1 which possibly left me with t-cell immunity?)

Happy to debate this with anyone who can keep a civil tongue in their heads.

If you mean vaccines, my friend had COVID before those were even an option.
A lot of people with long covid issues catched it during the first wave

What happened to those villages in Italy? Also a scam?

Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
908 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  10:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Tell all the thousands (and mounting) victims of the jibby jabs it's not a scam."

There are 4.84 billion people fully vaccinated, a few thousand adverse cases is pretty damn good compared to the risks that come with catching COVID (particularly for the unvaccinated).

"Go and research the global mortality rates over 2020 and 2021 and come back and explain to me exactly where the "deadly pandemic" was."

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

^ Uh, it seems to have been pretty deadly? But I suppose the excess mortality was actually a result of the "jibby jabs" and "vaccine injuries"... Wake up sheeple!

Sorry to hear about your situation The_Maharal, and hope you feel better soon!

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  11:53:21  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
If you mean vaccines, my friend had COVID before those were even an option.
A lot of people with long covid issues catched it during the first wave

What happened to those villages in Italy? Also a scam?

Post Viral fatigue is not a new thing, also used to be known as the Yuppie Flu.

This isn't, nor ever was a pandemic. The authorities used this PCR test, ramped up the cycles so the results were completely meaningless and used the fake case numbers produced by mass testing to create the illusion of a pandemic. This test was never meant to be used to diagnose infection, and that's coming from the guy who invented it.

Bad flu seasons are also nothing new - and that's all this was.

Everything we've been told about this is a lie. It is being used to usher in new powers to control us, like 9/11 was (which was also a lie)

And now the world is facing a different pandemic, a real one this time as a result of the mRNA gene therapy "vaccines" which offer questionnable protection for about 3 months and are destroying people's health/immune systems, and this is probably part of the plan.

If you're ill then sure, you're probably best staying at home and not spreading your germs to everyone at a gig - but you don't need a useless little plastic trinket from China to work that out.

See what happens going forward - they're not going to let this go. Even if there was a pandemic serious enough to lock down the entire world for a few weeks - there is no way it is still going now TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATER! Viruses mutate constantly into thousands of variants, and they always become more contagious and less deadly. But not according to the media who'se attempts to ramp the fear up again and again are getting beyond ridiculous.

All the ones who are still getting this, in the middle of summer now are the ones who took the jabs - which have destroyed their immune systems - and that is going to be a bitter pill for a lot of people to swallow.

This is Genocide.

Edited by - pot on 07/14/2022 12:10:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000