Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  13:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, come to the Atlanta show! It's only like a five hour drive. All ages!

¡Viva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

lumpy
- FB Fan -

127 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  16:43:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thiiiiiiink I might just do that. I'll probably have to skip classes both Monday and Tuesday, but it's definitely worth it.
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  21:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got my tickets for HOB in Hollywood 11/17. I'm still a little disappointed about the cancelled Humphrey's show in San Diego (and the trouble I've had getting a refund from Ticketmaster).

Also still holding out hope for a McCabe's show. I saw Cat Power there a few weeks ago (she was great) and the booking agent told me to keep checking the schedule when I asked about Frank.

Tiny Team Concerts
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:20:37  Show Profile  Visit Tiny Team Concerts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lumpy21+ again.... you're kidding me. Can I not just where a shirt that says "DON'T SERVE ME ALCOHOL" in giant letters?

Sorry, but in Savannah, that's THE LAW.

Up until recently, 18+ could be allowed into venues where alcohol was served, provided they were somehow kept from buying or drinking alcohol. However, the city government was convinced that this was in violation of a state law, and the city's lawyer advised them to get rid of that loophole.

Therefore, we have no choice in the matter. If any underage person is caught inside that venue (even if they're not drinking) it's a major fine for the owner and they could possibly lose their license.

The only way around it would be to hold the concert in a place which does not serve alcohol of any kind, and there is not enough demand for a Frank Black all-ages show in our market.

Wish we could help. Good luck catching the Roxy show in Atlanta the next night. If Frank's not worth skipping class for, what is?

--
Tiny Team Concerts
"Good music for nice people"
Go to Top of Page

Tiny Team Concerts
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:23:00  Show Profile  Visit Tiny Team Concerts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey frankblack.net moderators:

Is there any way you could make the venue link for the 10/15/06 show on the News page go directly to our website (www.tinyteamconcerts.info)?

That way, if folks click on it, it would take them to where they can instantly charge advance tix online.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and keep up the good work with a great site!

- TTC

--
Tiny Team Concerts
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:23:58  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spam!

-----
blackolero le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:31:15  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Team Concerts

Hey frankblack.net moderators:

Is there any way you could make the venue link for the 10/15/06 show on the News page go directly to our website (www.tinyteamconcerts.info)?

That way, if folks click on it, it would take them to where they can instantly charge advance tix online.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and keep up the good work with a great site!

Your call, Denis. Do you usually link to the venue or places to get tickets?

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone bought tickets for the Fillmore show in SF? Is there any way to buy them not through ticketmaster?
Go to Top of Page

Tiny Team Concerts
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Tiny Team Concerts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For what it's worth, the venue in this case has nothing to do with the show. They are only renting us the room and handling the bar sales.

In fact, the owner was completely unfamilar with Frank's music and career, and any calls to the venue are simply directed to our site anyway.

Again, this would just make the act of purchasing tickets for the Savannah date much easier and more straightforward for folks who may not be inclined to search this thread on the Forum...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

- TTC

--
Tiny Team Concerts
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  14:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fair enough, sounds reasonable. Go ahead and swap it when you have a sec.

Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  16:03:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

Has anyone bought tickets for the Fillmore show in SF? Is there any way to buy them not through ticketmaster?

I went the ticketmaster route, darwin. $41.50 after $13 tacked on, but then I'm guessing you just want to avoid ticketmaster itself, not so much the dollars. I bit ten minutes after they went on sale and didn't feel like I could afford the luxury of looking elsewhere. Would have preferred to go through Fillmore, if that's ever even possible.

Go to Top of Page

DrWorm
- FB Fan -

81 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  07:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet! The long awaited tour through dallas returns! got my tickets for Gypsy Tearoom

"Mister, would you please help my pony? / I think it's his lung"
Go to Top of Page

lumpy
- FB Fan -

127 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  12:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Team Concerts

quote:
Originally posted by lumpy21+ again.... you're kidding me. Can I not just where a shirt that says "DON'T SERVE ME ALCOHOL" in giant letters?

Sorry, but in Savannah, that's THE LAW.

Up until recently, 18+ could be allowed into venues where alcohol was served, provided they were somehow kept from buying or drinking alcohol. However, the city government was convinced that this was in violation of a state law, and the city's lawyer advised them to get rid of that loophole.

Therefore, we have no choice in the matter. If any underage person is caught inside that venue (even if they're not drinking) it's a major fine for the owner and they could possibly lose their license.

The only way around it would be to hold the concert in a place which does not serve alcohol of any kind, and there is not enough demand for a Frank Black all-ages show in our market.

Wish we could help. Good luck catching the Roxy show in Atlanta the next night. If Frank's not worth skipping class for, what is?

--
Tiny Team Concerts

I understand completely. I'm the same guy that e-mailed you about this a few days ago. Actually, I'm thinking about driving up for the Asheville, NC show because the orange peel seems like a really cool venue and my friends from Rock Hill are willing to give me a ride. Now all I have to do is somehow get to Rock Hill from Charleston.
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  12:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing I don't understand--how is it that sports arenas and even restaurants, for that matter, can get away with serving alcohol when there are people under 21 in the building if concert venues can't? I live in the Atlanta area, so maybe the laws are different, but every concert I've ever been to serves alcohol, 21+ or not. I take it from what you said that this is just a local Savannah law?

¡Viva los Católicos!

Edited by - NimrodsSon on 08/15/2006 12:54:54
Go to Top of Page

Tiny Team Concerts
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  15:49:51  Show Profile  Visit Tiny Team Concerts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NimrodsSon

One thing I don't understand--how is it that sports arenas and even restaurants, for that matter, can get away with serving alcohol when there are people under 21 in the building if concert venues can't? I live in the Atlanta area, so maybe the laws are different, but every concert I've ever been to serves alcohol, 21+ or not. I take it from what you said that this is just a local Savannah law?

¡Viva los Católicos!

You make a good point. However, in most states, there's a legal difference between a "concert venue," and a bar which happens to offer live music.

In Atlanta, you have places like Center Stage, The Tabernacle, Variety Playhouse, The Roxy, etc... Which are essentially big boxes designed for seeing shows in. They offer alcohol and soft drinks because it helps them pad their profits.

However, you also have places like The Star Bar and Smith's Olde Bar, and while they regularly book live entertainment, they are primarily bars, in that well over 50% of their income is derived from the sale of alcohol.

In Savannah, if you go see a show in the 1,200-seat Lucas Theatre or the 2,500-seat Johnny Mercer Theatre, those events are open to all-ages, and they give adults bracelets and charge them way too much for weak drinks.

But if you run a straight-up bar, whether or not you bring in bands to keep people occupied, then the police and the city government's attitude is, "If it's not legal for people under the age of 21 to possess or drink alcohol, then why on earth would we let them enter a place whose primary goal is to sell people alcohol?"

They know that eventually someone will buy someone underage a drink or somebody will get served, and their lawyer told them that if they had a law on the books that actually ALLOWED a situation to exist where this COULD happen, and somebody got hurt as a result, then the city could be sued.

Once it was phrased that way, they wasted no time in changing the law, since plenty of busybodies and church leaders had been after them to do that for years anyway.

Hopes this explains the situation more clearly.

- TTC

--
Tiny Team Concerts
Go to Top of Page

deadlydoctor
- FB Fan -

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  05:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tickets for the October 22 show at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C. are now available on Tickets.com.

http://www.tickets.com/event_info.cgi?pid=5821523

--------
he’s tripping over graves • as rain begins to fall • and finally they escape when the shuttle bus is called
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  08:10:36  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Hey, sorry, I only checked this thread today. I'll change it later tonight.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  12:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the SoCal shows- apparently they are not charging fees if you buy Anaheim tickets at the box office. It seems like the policy on this changes from gig to gig, I've seen it go either way many times. Sadly I already ordered mine online, but, if they also will sell tix to the other So Cal HOB shows with no fees, that makes those shows look a lot sweeter to me...
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  20:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scruvs

quote:
Originally posted by Schitzophonic

Oh damn, and I bet no American sites will be happy taking card payments from the UK either.. I'm gonna have to try and contact the place.

I would suggest getting tickets in advance.

Although the Orlando shows aren't on sale yet, it looks like they're going to be handled by ticketmaster.com when they do go on sale.

They're available on ticketmaster now. I hope that works out for you, schitzo

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  23:25:41  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Winnipeg ticket that I just received says GA3 general admission. Are all the seats for the show general admission? Does the 3 mean something?

My friend saw the singer Melanie when she played at Pantages’ at the height of her fame and vocal power, she blew 3 microphones. After her last mic was gone she stood up on a piano and demonstrated that she had never actually needed a microphone, filling the theatre and singing to every ear. The band didn't even turn down.
Go to Top of Page

NationalKato
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  21:37:07  Show Profile  Visit NationalKato's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just picked up my tickets for the 10/13 show at House of Blues, Orlando, FL from Ticketmaster.
Go to Top of Page

Tiny Team Concerts
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  12:36:13  Show Profile  Visit Tiny Team Concerts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

quote:

Denis

quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

quote:

Denis

Any idea when that link might be up and running? I know it would help with sales if people could just click on the tour date and have it take them to our site.

We still have plenty of tickets available, and we're only letting 405 people into this show.

Plus, in resonse to Schitzophonic, as long as they use PayPal and are at least 21 with positive ID, we're happy to accept payments from the UK!

Thanks again for any help frankblack.net can provide.

--
Tiny Team Concerts
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  14:10:28  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah, sorry, I wasn't home at the time and I totally forgot. I added the link, but it looks like the site is down...

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Tiny Team Concerts
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  14:24:29  Show Profile  Visit Tiny Team Concerts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Denis,
Thanks so much!

The site is definitely up and running. Now everyone 21+ who wants a non-Ticketmaster ticket to one of the most intimate nights on the tour can grab one easily.

Tiny Team Concerts greatly appreciates all the fine work that frankblack.net does. Keep it up!

Your friends,
TTC

--
Tiny Team Concerts
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  00:24:15  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No prob and sorry again for the delay. I like what's said on your home page, btw. You're doing a great job promoting that gig.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  00:27:26  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
By the way, I opened a thread about the Savannah gig here:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16880

Denis

Go to Top of Page

optional_ivy
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  20:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DrWorm

Sweet! The long awaited tour through dallas returns! got my tickets for Gypsy Tearoom

"Mister, would you please help my pony? / I think it's his lung"

Hey, where do you buy the tickets for the dallas show?
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  09:49:18  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just realized the tour kicks off tomorrow. Yay! I see lots of boots pouring in!

Denis

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  10:19:26  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's exciting stuff. I can't wait to hear what Frank's "band" sound like playing the new and old.

"the extraordinary Frank Black" - david bowie
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  19:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Man, other than cafe du nord, who has been the first to see Frank and the Boys, anyone
go to the Greek Theatre shows?

While waiting for "Schwarma", I joined the "Cult of System of a Down", Huh...
Go to Top of Page

Old Neptuna
- FB Fan -

Ireland
200 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  12:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Frank is combining family life and rock 'n roll very nicely!!

Join the Cult Of Pob! And don't forget to listen to the Pobcast!

Pob used to scare me as a child - now I would like to beat him up.

"Your head can go real screw, When saucers chasin' you.."
Go to Top of Page

RATMbola
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  21:29:01  Show Profile  Visit RATMbola's Homepage  Click to see RATMbola's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
here's a full setlist for the Tempe show on the 1st. I hope this is in the right place (I didn't know whether to put it on the Tempe thread or in the 2006 fall tour one so to play it safe I put it here).

Clam and Digit rock!
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  08:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh, ye 'ole handwritten setlist, very nice.

Ha! love the "(Thank ya)"

And, most important of all it appears that you guys heard a new Frank Song, huh!:

"GYANESHWAR"

While waiting for "Schwarma", I joined the "Cult of System of a Down", Huh...
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  18:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old Neptuna

Pob used to scare me as a child - now I would like to beat him up.

Go to Top of Page

stellenbosch
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  14:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone know if Dave Phillips is playing guitar w Frank on this tour? And/or who is?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000