Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  23:47:05  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_m

Anyone having trouble accessing ticketmaster? Both the Canadian and US sites seem to be down. Either that, or I made up "ticketmaster" and neither of those sites actually exist. One hopes for the latter.

I need to know when tickets go on sale!

Ticketmaster exists - I got a shitload of Edmonton tickets and a couple for Calgary today. The rest of the western Canadian shows aren't on sale yet. Either that or Ticketmaster isn't handling the rest, but that would shock me. They don't even have an on-sale date yet. I'm pretty sure I'll take the week off and go to four or five shows.

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  00:06:33  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ScottP

I just heard The Showbox didn't burn all the way down. But it did get fucked up pretty good. I hope it'll be ready for Frank in November.

"FIRE UPDATE - Everything's OK!!!

The Showbox was lucky enough to experience VERY minimal damage from a fire started Monday morning by a faulty air-conditioning unit on the roof of the building. We are making some minor fixes right now and expect to be fully operational for the Peaches show on Wednesday. See you there!

- The Showbox "

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  06:28:31  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a good thing they'll be all fixed for the Peaches show - you don't want to have a shotty appearance for a chick in a beard saying 'fuck' a lot.

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lumpy
- FB Fan -

127 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  09:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness! I do get a third chance! After being bogged down by a 21+ show in lexington, ky, and a cancelled atlanta show. On that note, anybody know any details about the augusta, ga show seeing as how i can't find anything about this savannah smiles place?
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  10:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know if this has been information is out there already, but Pitchfork reports that Reid Paley is opening for FB on his tour with the band. Cool!

he's back jack smoking crack find him if you want to get found
Go to Top of Page

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  12:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here I am stuck in Afghanistan and can't get FMRM and now he's going on tour?! FUCK, I hate this shithole of a country (Afgh.) even more now
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  12:48:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Atlanta tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time.

ˇViva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  13:26:18  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Winnipeg is still not up at Ticketmaster but the Toronto and Vancouver shows are. I didn't see the Toronto show yesterday and they are already on sale? The Vancouver show goes on sale tomorrow (August 10, 2006) at 10am.

I just phoned them, "Sorry, we have nothing confirmed as of yet."

Edited by - hammerhands on 08/09/2006 13:26:59
Go to Top of Page

mosleyk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  16:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to wait until this Friday (payday) to get our tickets for the Nov. 14th show in Portland, Oregon. But oh yes...they will be bought ;-) Wonder Ballroom is a fairly new venue so this will be my first time there. I must hear FMRM live!

Edited by - mosleyk on 08/09/2006 16:53:02
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  16:52:22  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the prairies are still waiting on word for Winnipeg, Regina, and Saskatoon. As of about four minutes ago ol' Ticketbastard still had no information.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  17:05:29  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_m

Don't know if this has been information is out there already, but Pitchfork reports that Reid Paley is opening for FB on his tour with the band. Cool!

he's back jack smoking crack find him if you want to get found

'Tis true - Reid himself confirmed this.

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  17:20:37  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry too much about the prairie shows. They're just as official as the rest, but not on sale yet.

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."
Go to Top of Page

Schitzophonic
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  19:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So will all the shows need tickets before hand or what? Is there much chance of getting in on the door at the Orlando House of Blues show? I'm not sure how to go about it.. get tickets delivered to england, hopefully before my holiday, pre-order them after getting in touch with the venue then picking them up once we arrive.. I dunno.
Go to Top of Page

Schitzophonic
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  19:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh damn, and I bet no American sites will be happy taking card payments from the UK either.. I'm gonna have to try and contact the place.
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  20:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

So, how many of these venues were mentioned in the "frank comes to your town" thread?

Well I'm a loser and I'm bored so I checked that out, and the winners are:
- Daisy Girl who mentioned the First Avenue in Minneapolis;
- Perhaps who suggested the High Noon Saloon in Madison;
- mostasteless who posted about the Avalon in Boston;
- and kfs (Nashville), scruvs (Orlando), MacE Doobage & Broken Face (NYC), fumanfru (Winipeg) and Cult of Frank (Saskatoon) who got the right cities but the wrong venues.

Denis

I'll take my partial credit. I'm pretty sure I would have suggested the State Theater in St. Pete, FL if I heard the podcast interview earlier. Frank's right about theaters. State Theater is very poorly designed for drinking. Over-priced drinks in plastic cups (including shots) and you can't see the stage from the bar. So, I guess it's best to start early so the bartender knows what I want at the wave of a hand, or drink from a flask.

I thought the Orlando suggestion was better for fans in case he didn't plan multiple dates in FL, since it's more central to the state.

I'm really looking forward to the show. I'm excited that he's back out on the road with many dates planned on this next tour.

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  20:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Schitzophonic

Oh damn, and I bet no American sites will be happy taking card payments from the UK either.. I'm gonna have to try and contact the place.

I would suggest getting tickets in advance.

Although the Orlando shows aren't on sale yet, it looks like they're going to be handled by ticketmaster.com when they do go on sale. Hopefully those fees that all fans pay translate into easy international transactions. Good luck.

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  11:35:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aside from obviously looking forward to seeing a Frank Black show, I'm hoping I can get a cool new t-shirt to wear and proudly display my love for the man.
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  14:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When was the last time Frank had a merch counter set up at a show? He didn't have any at the Cafe Du Nord shows in SF. I'm guessing not at the Nashville shows before that, huh?

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  15:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got my ticket to the Atlanta show! $25.95 with service charge.

ˇViva los Católicos!

Edited by - NimrodsSon on 08/10/2006 15:02:00
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  15:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whoo whoooo!!!!! i just got my tix for minny!!!!! me, hubby, cousin and cousin's friend!!! anyone else going to be at Minny??? i swear I am going to be up there by the stage.

thanks everyone for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 08/10/2006 15:09:17
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  22:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the toronto show is 19+ :C
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  23:18:25  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Schitzophonic, most places I've been to have "Will Call", pick up your tickets on site, which Ticketmaster should know about.

In fact the Ticketmaster (Canada) site for the Orlando House of Blues says:

Will Call:
Opens: 1 hour prior to door time
Customer must present the actual credit card used for the purchase, a photo ID and Ticketmaster account confirmation number in order to receive tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/venue/107118/?search_redirect=house%20of%20blues%20orlando&tm_link=tm_header_search
Go to Top of Page

unsomnambulist
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  00:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To Frank, or not to...
I decided the Foo shows were too foo-ey. So, I'm going to skip the DC and Philly shows, and hit the Lancaster show. But today I learned that he's headed to my home town in October - Sonar in Baltimore, so all is forgiven.
The smaller is always the better - Open mic nights included.

--u----n---s----0---m---n---a-B-u---l-i-s--t-
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  03:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
franktaper, I sent you an email.

Schitzophonic
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  05:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much hammerhands. I'm sure I'll sort something out.
Go to Top of Page

Tiny Team Concerts
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  11:40:57  Show Profile  Visit Tiny Team Concerts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tickets for the Savannah date can be purchased securely online here:

www.tinyteamconcerts.info

They have been onsale for a few days and are going fast.

This will be one of the most unusual and intimate dates of the entire tour. It's being put on by totally independent promoters who are renting a venue for that night that's not normally used for rock shows.

It's a large jazz piano bar in the heart of the beautiful Historic Downtown area (very similar in look and feel to Historic Charleston or New Orleans).

There are fewer than 450 tickets available for this show, and it's well on its way to selling out.

21+ only, with positive ID required for admittance.

$30 general admission with a $2 convenience fee. All tickets held at Will Call the night of the show, none are being mailed.

There's a 6 ticket maximum per person.

Thanks for supporting Frank Black and independent, grass-roots productions.

See you at the show!

- TTC

--
Tiny Team Concerts

"Good music for nice people"
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  11:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am dying to tell my cousin. he's out of the country so i think he's going to freak in a good way when he comes back.
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  13:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Team Concerts

This will be one of the most unusual and intimate dates of the entire tour. It's being put on by totally independent promoters who are renting a venue for that night that's not normally used for rock shows.

Tiny Team Concerts

good work, tiny team. every city needs a tiny team.

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  13:58:14  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saskatoon goes on sale Monday.

Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  14:00:32  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They just posted the Winnipeg show too, also on sale on Monday at 10AM CDT.

Edited by - hammerhands on 08/11/2006 14:02:43
Go to Top of Page

rodney
- FB Fan -

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  16:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those wanting to attend the Southgate House show in Newport, KY....I live about 3 miles from the venue, so I can provide lots of info.

It's a converted mansion, and is a nice place to see a show. It's right across the river from Cincinnati, and the inventor of the tommygun was born here. Venue holds around 650 total, and this is an 18up show. Usually, they'll book a local band as the first opener, and my hopes are up for my good friends in Wussy, but since they're opening up for Alejandro Escovedo a couple of weeks before that, it may not work out that way.

Tickets are on sale now through MusicToday. I think SGH is the only national venue in Cincinnati that does not exclusively use Ticketmaster.

http://www.southgatehouse.musictoday.com/SouthgateHouseBallroom/calendar.aspx
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  21:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ohh to be a college student again... and ...have time and student loan $$$ to follow fb shows across country. i know there will be some of you out there and i am a little jealous
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  01:12:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scruvs

When was the last time Frank had a merch counter set up at a show? He didn't have any at the Cafe Du Nord shows in SF. I'm guessing not at the Nashville shows before that, huh?

You are right...he didn't have any merch for sale in Nashville last year and I'm pretty sure he won't this year either. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  07:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, he hasn't been on an actual tour since 2003. Last year was just the one Nashville show, so that's probably why there wasn't a merchandise counter.

ˇViva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

lumpy
- FB Fan -

127 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  13:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Team Concerts

www.tinyteamconcerts.info

They have been onsale for a few days and are going fast.

It's a large jazz piano bar in the heart of the beautiful Historic Downtown area (very similar in look and feel to Historic Charleston or New Orleans).

There are fewer than 450 tickets available for this show, and it's well on its way to selling out.

21+ only, with positive ID required for admittance.

$30 general admission with a $2 convenience fee. All tickets held at Will Call the night of the show, none are being mailed.

There's a 6 ticket maximum per person.

Thanks for supporting Frank Black and independent, grass-roots productions.

See you at the show!

- TTC

--
Tiny Team Concerts

21+ again.... you're kidding me. Can I not just where a shirt that says "DON'T SERVE ME ALCOHOL" in giant letters?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000