Page: of 2

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  08:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Neighbourhood watch/'hall monitor' is a cool idea, but since it's kind of impossible for me to turn on/off moderator abilities like that what might be easier is if there were a 'report thread' button. In the meantime, as always, if you do see a thread requiring moving/deleting/more severe action, sending an email to either Brian or myself will certainly help us.

I'm not sure about shifts, _I_ wouldn't even want to make that serious of a commitment, but perhaps if I get emails regularly and they are accurate (i.e. they don't recommend locking where not required) then those are people I'd put up as 'hall monitors' as a stepping stone to moderatorhood...

Thinking............... zzzzzz.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

I am more than happy to check out the forum and be another set of eyes. I just haven't been emailing you guys unless it's been extreme lately due the fact you all have busy lives. But I will start forwarding stuff to you guys!
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  10:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or, you could just be made a mod daisy. aswell as about 5 other people. it's an easier job if you have loads doing it.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  17:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pixie Steve. That's very nice of you to say that.

I would definately be open to it, but I am afraid I am over the age limit of 25. But I would love to help out, but I can't spend the time I used to spend on here, at least for a while.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  04:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought the age limit was 12?

Just kidding, just kidding.

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  18:20:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daisy Girl

I would definately be open to it, but I am afraid I am over the age limit of 25. But I would love to help out, but I can't spend the time I used to spend on here, at least for a while.

what do you mean? i wasn't being nice. there's nothing special about being a mod, but you seem like someone who cares how this place is run so why not be a mod? what the fuck is that 25 year limit thing, are you being funny or is that just you being ditzy again. also, i don't understand why it matters if someone is here all the time when it comes to being a mod... just make about 10 people mod and it doesn't matter. come on, there are enough mature people here to fill the spaces.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  19:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

quote:

what do you mean? i wasn't being nice. there's nothing special about being a mod, but you seem like someone who cares how this place is run so why not be a mod? what the fuck is that 25 year limit thing, are you being funny or is that just you being ditzy again. also, i don't understand why it matters if someone is here all the time when it comes to being a mod... just make about 10 people mod and it doesn't matter. come on, there are enough mature people here to fill the spaces.

aww pixie steve you are so sweet!! I could just hug you!

anyway when Broken Face became mod I think that they said that there was a limit that you can't be over 25.

I guess it's one of those don't trust anyone over 30 things, but then that means we can't trust Frank so that makes no sense whatsoever.

And yes, I do care about this place. It's the best thing that's happened to to the internet since Google.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  20:02:55  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's no limit, whoever said that was doubtless joking... either that or Dave I have a retirement party coming my way.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  20:10:16  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if dean were to retire i'd quit, so there better not be an aging out of our canadian friend. plus i'll be twenty five in about 18 months, so my time would be limited.

-Brian
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  15:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

quote:

aww pixie steve you are so sweet!! I could just hug you!

hey, do you have any naked pictures of you so i can imagine what that would be like?

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  16:23:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixie Steve, I am dramatically opposed to naked hugs. I think nudists have a right to be nudists, but that ain't my thing. Picture a hug like your mom gives you instead!!

Seriously, then, Dean and Brian if you need help, say the word.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  15:09:22  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I turn 30 this month. Eep!

"Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time / Has Been
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  09:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy birthday in advance!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  23:32:40  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Carl - and i'm sorry i missed so many of yours. =(

"Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time / Has Been
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  15:02:24  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank
[brI've started a little bit of a list of what Dave, Brian, and I need to get done. Here it is in cleaned-up form...

I'm going to bring this back so I can see what I've done or not done. It's only about 1/3 of my paper todo list, but the rest of the stuff is either subpoints or else things that aren't really worth telling the world about. Blue means 'in progress'.

Main Site Todo list:

1) Latest Album. I'd like it to be Honeycomb and with a link to either more info on it, the song db, or else a place you can buy it.
2) New Poll. I've already started a topic asking about this... see here: http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15065
3) News. Brian should be a news editor soon (he was supposed to be a long time ago)
4) Band Bios. I'm going to get working on these and if I don't have some new ones by next week, I think I'll spin them off to another member.
5) Gigography. Just colours changed is all really. I wouldn't mind seeing it ordered from newest to oldest as well instead of chronological, but that's up to Gavin.
6) Tabs. Waiting on Derek to get back to me re:Honeycomb tabs.
7) Tribute Albums. I'll get these up on a website where they can be downloaded ASAP.Also would like to create a sampler (ala Hey) for You Ain't Me. Not interested in a new tribute album at the moment. Maybe after Christmas. Also, the Hey b-sides page needs to be posted.
8) Song DB. Finish new version. Finish correlating two dbs. Numerous bug patches.
9) Photo Gallery. Not working at all.
10) Links. I'd like to get these sections up as well as a Pixies link section. May spin this off to a volunteer to keep up to date.
11) Friends' Club. Looking into this.
12) Main site overhaul.
- Graphics, rss feed on news page, colour scheme, nicer layout, ...
13) Forum archving. Threads de-stickified (I've done a few already).
- Done?
14) New FAQ.

Things I'd Like To See:

1) Article DB. With all articles/coverage of fb archived and searchable.
2) Ideas of your own?

To De-sticky:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13589
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6739 - If we remove the photo gallery, this can be removed too.
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4772
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5349
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6881
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7019

Other:

Investigate the status of Everything English's legality here. They are once again selling Pixies merch:
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4190

So that's a quick point form list with only some of the things I'm hoping to get done. I forgot the 'report a thread' button in there, and any other ideas are welcome.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  15:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dean, allow me to volunteer myself to archive.

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  16:41:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, only Dave or I can do it and truth be told, I tried it once and it didn't work at all so I have no idea how to do that. But thanks Kathryn.

Maybe you want to be our new Answer Lady and do a new FAQ?

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  16:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure. I'll update the FAQ. But call me something like the Answer Chick or the Answer Wench or something other than a lady. Ask Brian. He's met me.

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  17:32:40  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are a lady of the highest regard, my dear.

-Brian
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  08:04:28  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FM/RM is the most recent album on the front page! I'm so proud of you guys!

forum ebook: end of miles
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  08:14:08  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! Just when I was about to bitch for you to do it.

Denis

Your team sucks
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  09:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah, ye of little faith... :)

The album was listed on the main page as the latest. It now also features a link to the Discopedia which others did not.

The Discopedia has/had the album listed before its release... with lyrics and all.

Derek had several songs tabbed and posted the day FM/RM was released.

There was a news item written that same day.

Brian and I began a new big project, codenamed episode 10.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000