Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 It's Finally Official: the Pixies are reuniting!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Minky303
- FB Fan -

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  19:47:00  Show Profile  Visit Minky303's Homepage
YAYYY!!! I feel like i'm hooked to IV espresso WOOP! MAybe I should run a couple miles so I can actually sleep tonite.. damn iv pole
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  19:52:59  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
Wow. Some people obviously took that for more than it was worth. I was trying to help you understand why some of us are dissapointed by this. It wasn't to complain and cause trouble. I love the Pixies and I can guarantee you that I'll be right in the front singing along with Frank Black Francis with you. I'm happy about it but sad at the same time. Maybe the people who think it's great should stop mocking the people who don't find it too great. You don't see them telling you to shutup. Hypocrites.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

SelfEscape
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  20:03:10  Show Profile  Visit SelfEscape's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by TheCroutonFuton

Wow. Some people obviously took that for more than it was worth. I was trying to help you understand why some of us are dissapointed by this. It wasn't to complain and cause trouble. I love the Pixies and I can guarantee you that I'll be right in the front singing along with Frank Black Francis with you. I'm happy about it but sad at the same time. Maybe the people who think it's great should stop mocking the people who don't find it too great. You don't see them telling you to shutup. Hypocrites.

yeah you see people all over this board telling the ones who are excited to screw off, look at the older posts a bit. I for one am sick of hearing the negative people saying crap. I can understand being disappointed because it will screw up their "legacy" but its over and done with, you can't do anything about it now.
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  20:29:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SelfEscape

yeah you see people all over this board telling the ones who are excited to screw off, look at the older posts a bit. I for one am sick of hearing the negative people saying crap. I can understand being disappointed because it will screw up their "legacy" but its over and done with, you can't do anything about it now.

WTF are you rambling about? I don't give a crap about The Pixies' "legacy" any more than I care about people yearning for nostalgia. What matters is what Frank is creating now. Seeing Frank go on stage and play a bunch of 15-year-old songs with Kim Deal doesn't appeal to me as much as seeing him at McCabe's, all by himself, playing new tunes on his beat-up Takamine.

I cry "lame" but I will see The Pixies if they play at a reasonably sized venue. No festivals for me, thanks. (I feel enough like a head of cattle in the workaday world-- I don't need that on weekends, too.) I will go because I am a Frank Black fan. I like the work he did in The Pixies but I'm more fond of what he's done since.

Some of us have been against it since the first rumors. I'm not changing my opinion until I see a live set that changes my mind.

Edited by - BLT on 02/02/2004 20:37:42
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  20:44:47  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
My opinion is that they should go for it.... loads of people want to see the Pixies, and Frank is a true artist so I am sure he will not dissapoint. Even if they decide to write another album I say good on them as long as it doesn't fit into the nu metal mold.

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  20:45:57  Show Profile
excuse me now I've got a call.. I'll take this call from coachella...please tell my band from boston mass.. the catholics never took your place.. and if the reunion comes.. I've got some good friends there.. play my songs after all you are my band.......

....ok sorry. now THAT was lame.

I once killed a boy with a Fender guitar
Go to Top of Page

SpliffTastic
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  21:22:16  Show Profile
Fuck all you naysayers!!!! Fuck you til you all die! This is some great goddamn news.

Now I just have to figure out when the hell I'm gonna be able to see them. Coachella sounds pretty cool, but I'm waiting for the official list of bands playing there.
Go to Top of Page

chango
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  21:35:10  Show Profile
i gots one word for the whiners:

deal

just get the fuck over it. frank's not ditching his solo career, just as john doe didn't ditch his when he got x back together, just as iggy is still iggy fucking pop even though he did a coupla shows with the stooges.
look, it's their lives, it's their band, it's their decision. if they enjoy playing those songs again and people wanna hear 'em, then more power to 'em.
they shouldn't be a footnote to rock history: "the pixies were a very influential band who not that many people ever got to see."
they should be a chapter: "pixies fucking rock, get over it".
tell you what, you guys stand in the back shaking your heads and bemoaning the fact that there's a guy in the audience with a linkin park shirt on... as for me, i'll be dead center in a maelstrom of blissful noise not giving a shit that there's anyone else in the crowd... except ME, who'll be rocking the fuck out to one of the greatest bands to ever walk the earth.
deal... chumps.

it wasn't anything about anything
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  21:45:57  Show Profile
I really don't know if I'd want to go see the Pixies (the crowd at those shows will be annoying), but at the very least I REALLY hope that they have some tape running at the gigs for a live album release. I would like to hear how the band's held up. And since everyone seems to be running out of old Pixies archival material to release, hopefully someone's on this.

I have no issues with the reunion. For me, it would only suck if it meant Frank Black was going to put off recording new material for awhile and, as we read in the Billboard article, that's not gonna happen.
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  22:23:47  Show Profile
What's the sell-out commercial gimmickry everyone's so worried about? Are we concerned Frank'll tear off part of Kim's shirt during Palace of the Brine or something? Come on. it'll be just fine--my best bet is they wouldn't do it if there were the slightest chance it would suck.
Go to Top of Page

dogjones
- FB Fan -

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  23:41:55  Show Profile
what's with all the aggro pixies fans? heheh...

SCREW YOU IF YOU DONT LIKE THE PIXIES REFORMING *FOAM* *FROTH*

personally, i look forward to missing this one and hoping its over quick, but after that last depressing piece of rock he put out a few months ago maybe hanging out with old friends and making some good loot will do us all some good.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  23:45:47  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
It's gonna rock, I'm sure
It's all part of the bigger plan you know
We must experience what God wants us to experience
if he thinks the time is right
the time is right

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  00:03:20  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Yeah, people stop whining, if you don't approve then don't go. Surely its as simple as that. I used to think it wpuld be a bad thing for them to reform, but now I reckon Frank's doing the right thing. Fairplay to guys, I just hope I can make it to see them and they last for more than a tour.

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  00:06:47  Show Profile
My feeling is this: I never wished for it. I'm a lot more resigned right now than excited (get me some tour dates though, and then we'll see). But of course I'll be there. I am terribly relieved to hear confirmation that there will be a full tour rather than just the big-money festival shows. I think it's silly to get all alarmist and fret as to whether this will end or impact Frank Black's solo/Catholics career. In summary, it looks like we have on the menu: A Pixies tour; the "Frank Black Francis" album; a new Catholics/solo album; probably a Catholics tour; and maybe even a new Pixies record to boot. Even if you wanted to leave out all the Pixies stuff, this looks to be shaping up to be nothing other than a damn incredible year for Frank Black fans...

"join the Cult of the Triforium / If we form a circle round it / in our white robes / God will surely play for us / the authentic Celestial Music / at last"
Go to Top of Page

miguel
- FB Fan -

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  00:17:39  Show Profile  Visit miguel's Homepage
Fuckin cool! I really think that Frank and co. know what they're doing.. this is their baby.

"..and I work hard just like a butt spitfire.. I'm just doin' well like a burley key car..."
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  00:27:33  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
phewwwww at LAST!

and I promise you all, as soon as I get DVD and Best Of release dates, I'll let you know - and it honestly didn't (as far as I know) hang on this long because of this...

I might actually get to see them for the first time now :)
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  00:42:07  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris
I feel greedily and giddily happy and full of angst and confused disappointment at the same time. I wish the reunion all the best. I won't go to any giant concerts/festivals, but if they play closer to home and in a smaller venue, I'll be like a crackhead to the pipe. Or..err, something.

That's exactly what I feel & think. Thanks Apl.

Btw - Chris Knight, you're allowed to kick my little French ass.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  00:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
hehe - thanks Jo!

As for my 'source', i cannot name him/her, but i give you my sincere promise there are very few people closer to FB.

It's done - let the rawk concerts begin!!
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  01:18:19  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
well personally, i think this is fucking fantastic news.

both kim and frank (atleast) have carved very successful solo careers, both producing arguably their best albums last year....and they're all smart, intelligent people - who wouldn't agree to something like this if they didn't think they could pull it off successfully.

and i persoanlly think the majority of audiences at the concerts will be people like us - and not nu' metal wannabies wearing thei blink 182 t-shirts....
it's gunna fucking rock!

cook me some fucking eggs!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  02:57:40  Show Profile
The Pixies split before I got to see them, so I'm real glad they're back together, at least for a reunion tour.
Go to Top of Page

LeonardNimoyAfterworld
- FB Fan -

15 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  02:58:46  Show Profile
Fucking hell Black Francis! Where have you been all this time part'na?

-Jason

Edited by - LeonardNimoyAfterworld on 02/03/2004 02:59:43
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  03:18:15  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
That's cool. Or not. I don't listen much to my Pixies albums nowaday, but I think I'd like to hear them live. Anyway, we know Frank has a couple of new solo projects in the works, so it's not like it's he end of the world for those who are against the reunion.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  03:27:02  Show Profile
Totally agree with benji. Pixies won't do it if they think it will be boring. Think of it, it would be like a reunion with your old schoolmates. Isn't it funny? We all know how Frank is. He'll never sell out.

People in the gigs will be like us. New "Alternative-Rock" fans didn't like (Even Know?) the Pixies.

I'm 23 now. I haven't seen Pixies live. I'm FUCKING EXCITED!!!!! It's my second chance!!!

A few words to all of you "Sell-out-lame" guys: Relax, smoke some pot, and come with me to the gig to have real fun. I'll pay a round of beers.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  03:46:11  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
but now for the bad news - as Sam has pointed out in the Pixies forum (http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5183) - everyones worst nightmare has been confirmed....

Pixies opening for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in Paris!

cringe

Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1994 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  03:51:13  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage
Well a few years ago I wished this would happenned but I never believed it would.
Now I don't care because he's playing Pixies songs all the time.

But all in all it really doesn't matter to me: as someone already said, I'm a Frank Black fan and I will buy ALL his albums and see him play his songs live whatever his band is.

ps: I NEVER wished they openned for the rhcp! If it is true, this IS lame !!

Edited by - The Holiday Son on 02/03/2004 03:54:44
Go to Top of Page

spinkzz
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  04:16:18  Show Profile

Here's a quote from Pinkpop festival(the netherlands)
short tranlation
" after long negotiations pinkpop can confirm as the first in the world that the pixies will come
to their festival" even before their official pressconference....

REUNIE PIXIES

De onderhandelingen met het management van de legendarische PIXIES hebben lang geduurd. Vanaf de aankondiging door Black Francis, zanger en gitarist van de PIXIES, dat er een reunie stond aan te komen, werd PINKPOP opgenomen in de lijst van belangrijke festivals die in aanmerking konden komen voor deze unieke happening. Uiteindelijk kan de organisatie hun komst met trots als eerste ter wereld aankondigen, nog voor hun eigen persconferentie.

Go to Top of Page

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
511 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  04:18:01  Show Profile
Personally i think its fucking great news in a climate of average to shitty bands with no imagination whatsoever, we have the most visionary, ambitious and downright coolest band coming back to breathe life into the old dog that is the current state of music.But surely if they are coming back, and the RHCP site and Mr.Dave Noisy are sure they are .They can arrange some major headline gigs around Europe and not be supporting (disrespectful slur) RHCP. I'm delighted and can't wait for the summer sounds of the mighty PIXIES.
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  04:47:44  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by realmeanmotorscutor

I can't believe it either. I mean I can, I trust Dave but . . you know what I mean. I didn't want them to get back together and still don't but then again, it must be pretty shitty for them to see/read that so many fans thinks it's a shitty decision. Of course I wish them the best but I hope it's just a brief thing for fun. I don't think they would ever intentionally sell out but they could easily fuck up. Good luck Pixies, you have an obligation to not disappoint.

"I joined the Cult of Popeye / The CoF required my good eye"

yeah, was thinking the same thing, about if they read these threads and see the opinions... but at the end of the day this is a frank black site, and as such we're mostly fb fans, and perfectly happy with what he's doing solo-wise... i don't know why they're re-uniting, i mean of all the bands to re-unite, wouldn't have put pixies anywhere near the top of the list, not a year ago anyway...

but hey, they were amazing, so if they pull it off, it'll be great, i'm not sure where i stand on any new material they may choose to do/record. i hope there's some trompe le monde when they play live though, motorway to roswell would be amazing!

ahh! i'm so confused, i can't decide if i like it or not! i want to see them, but i don't want *everyone* to see them, they won't be my cool, 'cult band' anymore!

i think if anything else it's probably going to make me *more* of a FB fan...

what is the smiley for? only just noticed that...

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.
Go to Top of Page

PearlJamaholic
- FB Fan -

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  05:33:16  Show Profile
i dont think its Lame or that they are Sellouts. i just had pixies in the group of great bands ill never see live. like nirvana, alice in chains, and the beatles. kinda ruins the magic but i will see them. i just hope they dont become the band that will be all over mtv cause that will ruin it.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  05:34:13  Show Profile
I feel the has a weird cocaine-reference vibe about it...anyway, they should be introduced by Eric Drew Feldman at the opening gig..."And here they are, folks-Frankie! Joey! Kimberley! Davey! THE PIXIEEEEESSS"(Hugh audience roar).
Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  06:13:08  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address
the NME arent known for their accuracy, but they say that there will be a press conference today in LA
heres the link
http://www.nme.com/news/107414.htm

----------
They are about, dressed to deceive, architect David Vincent
Go to Top of Page

Gustav
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
25 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  06:38:41  Show Profile
woah, that's very good news...

they are official announed for the dutch pinkpop festival, read it here: http://www.graz.nl/bericht.asp?id=273 or here... http://www.pinkpop.nl/index.php?pagID=6&newID=46&PHPSESSID=ea75d47e2656d39e5ee366102950c4d2

in dutch...

Edited by - Gustav on 02/03/2004 06:47:49
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  06:40:08  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
well the nme article didn't say anyting new or exciting except 2 nights at the brixton academy...
now that would be fucking awesome

fuck the festivals.

Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  06:57:37  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
Holy fucking shit. Some people need to grow up and understand that people are allowed to voice their own opinions. All I was doing was trying to help some people understand why some of us are kindof timid towards the idea. Seriously, grow the fuck up and if you can't do that then just stop the "You fucking suck! Fucking deal with it! Fuck you fuckity fucky fuckers who hate the Pixies! blablablablabla!"

FUCK!

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

csmall09
- FB Fan -

32 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  07:21:07  Show Profile
That pretty much sums it up. Everyone has the right to their opinion. The main whiners around here seem to be those people whining that people don't like the reunion idea! Sheesh. Deal with THAT! BLT echoes my feelings when he / she said that it matters what Frank is creating now. I don't want to see them play a bunch of songs they wrote 15 years ago - I am cynical enough to think that it has little to do with passion for those songs and more to do with simple nostalgia and a nice wad of cash. I'm not crying sellout though - there's a major difference. I just have no desire to join in with this trip. If you do and choose to go to one or more of the shows, more power to you. I hope you enjoy yourself.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000