Page: of 2

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
511 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  03:35:16  Show Profile
Check this out, official word on RHCP site

http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com/news/index.html
surely they are gonna do some headliners around europe(Ireland even).

Ah well a trip to Paris for a support slot it may have to be.

Edited by - El Barto on 02/07/2004 15:48:04

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  03:44:05  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
oh my god!

i cannot believe it.
now that does suck!

absolutely shocking........

now i am a wee bit afraid of the reunion if they're stooping as low as to support these idiots!

cook me some fucking eggs!
Go to Top of Page

Gubes
- FB Fan -

Portugal
4 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  03:46:39  Show Profile
I don have nothing Against Rhcp but I wouldnt Expect pixies to support em

RubenAgd
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  03:51:15  Show Profile
I can't believe it. What a terrible thing. Manic Idea.
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  04:58:17  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
no... no, no... NOOOOOOO! What the heck!?!? *Supporting* the RHCP's?!?! That's *so* wrong! I can't even begin to start to explain how wrong that is!

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  05:31:30  Show Profile
Check my topic (FB live):

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5182

confirmed as well by Garance productions.

_\_/_
(°L°)
_¤¤¤_
Go to Top of Page

pjcoble
- FB Fan -

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  08:10:52  Show Profile
I really don't think this is that big of a deal. Keep in mind that the Pixies were/are not considered a "huge commercial" band. Always more on the experimental, independent, cutting edge side. That's what made and makes them so great! I like the fact that it will probably be the same old situation where the Pixies open a show and blow away the main act!

Especially in France...
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  08:32:24  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
pjcoble is right
but
still
IT BLOWS BIG TIME!!!!

When FB and the C's opened for RHCP in Utrecht on their 2001 tour, people yelled stupid things to him, they didn't want him, they wanted to have a singer who can't sing an a backing band that is....uhm...well, there pretty good, but you know what I hate is that franks music doens't even approach Funk or anything so I just don't see why they have play together.

Radiohead and the pixies would be better if you'll aks me

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  08:34:19  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
I think that instead of opening for Radiohead that they should open for The Cure. You know, just like the good 'ole days. They'll be going back to their roots.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

chango
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  08:59:50  Show Profile
sweet jesus, what an awful, awful mistake. the peppers have no "alternative" fan base any more. their audience now are the same meatheads who go see limp bizquit.
i don't get it.

it wasn't anything about anything
Go to Top of Page

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  10:28:38  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address
Oh my god i love them both!
If only they were supportin chilis on their UK tour, I have fuckin tickets!
Although the pixies obviously own the chili peppers i think that seeing them both in the same concert would make me sex wee.

"You are the son of a mother fucker"

Go to Top of Page

George42
- FB Fan -

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  12:20:43  Show Profile
i agree with most in here. i dont have anything against RHCP per se.....but i certainly wouldn't expect the pixies to open for them. that decision is kind of dissapointing.

billgoodman, FB&C got booed in Utrecht? sad. do you get down to Maastricht much?
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  14:13:55  Show Profile
Ughhhhh great,the frigging red hot frigging chili frigging peppers.frig.
I really hope this is just an unsubstantiated rumour.thats put a downer on my whole "its official wooh go pixies" feeling

"I joined the Cult of Frank / 28:06:42:12"
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  14:20:48  Show Profile
Hang on a minute. If the rumours are true then they won't just be playing with the RHCP so you won't have to see them.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  14:47:32  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I think it's fuckin hilarious that the Pixies, even after all this hype, are still thrown into a support slot. That's so fucking pitiful. How pathetic. Lovely music industry, huh.

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  15:01:57  Show Profile
Lovely music industry,lovely world.No God

"I joined the Cult of Frank / 28:06:42:12"
Go to Top of Page

Old Neptuna
- FB Fan -

Ireland
200 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  15:11:50  Show Profile
That's OK - I get to go home early after the Pixies. (Like I did at Slane last year).

See the band you want to see then get the FK out of it - that's my motto.

"I have seen the neighbours dog, and I was not afraid..."
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  17:08:45  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
hoorah

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  17:46:07  Show Profile
Well the Chilis do have a habit of being upstaged by supports, perhaps it cos they're shite live. Just a shame that the long anticipated wait for the pixies to come back to our mouldy isle has to coincide with the wailings of that talentless dwarf Keidis and Co. But why are we so suprised, one of the last times we got to see our heroic foursome was on the tails of those other talentless gombeenmen U2.

I don't know about anywhere else but FB without the pixies could sell out multiple shows here in Ireland, and with the Pixies, god knows, the sky's the limit. The kids here love'em!

Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  19:46:23  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage
I think they should cram Jane's Addiction and Iggy and the Stooges in and see how many ex-junkies they can fit onto one bill. Might make the Guinness Book!!

I looked for a cult to join, then decided to just play "Sink". Hey! I sank WallaWalla Washington!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  00:20:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by George42

i agree with most in here. i dont have anything against RHCP per se.....but i certainly wouldn't expect the pixies to open for them. that decision is kind of dissapointing.

billgoodman, FB&C got booed in Utrecht? sad. do you get down to Maastricht much?

I used to go to Maastricht very often, like 4 times a year or so, I live on the other side of the country. But I used to go to Maastricht on every holiday, it's a nice town

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  02:20:26  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
i hope this support slot does not spread much further.
i would not want to have to contemplate going to see them at hyde park with a kazillion others...
and regardless, tickets for those shows have been sold out for ages, so no pixies fans will actually get to see them unless they want to pay outrageous ebay prices...

but i really cannot see them snubbing London, one of their biggest audiences, in such a manner.

fingers crossed.

cook me some fucking eggs!
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  03:09:53  Show Profile
They don't have to open for anybody. I want to see the Pixies!!!!!
They're not a minor band. If RHCP and Pixies must be in the same show, RHCP should open for the Pixies as a way to show their respect.
Go to Top of Page

mike
- FB Fan -

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  05:21:57  Show Profile
dont understand the details, but its absolutely confirmed and you can by tickets for 45 euros

http://europe2.francebillet.com/fiche_manifestation.jsp?codman=REDOT

fuck RHCP i will order me a ticket which the pixies printed on....
Go to Top of Page

ispini tapaidh
- FB Fan -

Ireland
122 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  06:32:43  Show Profile
I just bought me some tickets for the Dublin gig. Not happy that they're supporting the Chilis, but feckit. Leave early and go on the piss.

I should really go do some work.
Go to Top of Page

marigold
- FB Fan -

Iceland
7 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  08:44:39  Show Profile  Visit marigold's Homepage
I like red hot chili peppers and I like the pixies but making the pixies a support band just isn´t right

I will eat your soul
Go to Top of Page

Starla
- FB Fan -

Ireland
22 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  08:57:33  Show Profile  Click to see Starla's MSN Messenger address
IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY ROUND IF ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Pulled down the heavens just to please you, to hold the flower I can't keep...
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  07:31:59  Show Profile
Circles and Roundabouts, The newly Solo Frank Black at sunstroke all those years ago...Remember that

Edited by - Foucaults Dog on 02/05/2004 07:39:57
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  10:40:05  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage
Flea loves The Pixies,I remember him on MTV telling the story of him meeting Kim Deal and she gave him a Doolittle CD which he loved and then he bought all the others and became a fan for life.I personally don't like much of the Peppers stuff but certanly they have sold millions of records which the Pixies never did.It's just bands that are friends having a blast on stage no matter who opens for who.
Go to Top of Page

George42
- FB Fan -

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  10:56:24  Show Profile
Maastricht is one of my most favorite cities in europe. i studied there for a year at the school of economics and bus administration. favorite pubs: de twee heren and john mullins (irish pub near 'walk bridge')

quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

quote:
Originally posted by George42

I used to go to Maastricht very often, like 4 times a year or so, I live on the other side of the country. But I used to go to Maastricht on every holiday, it's a nice town

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  12:23:29  Show Profile
There's an Irish pub in Den Hague that my mates living in Holland used to go too....RHCPixies?! BLARG!
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  06:20:55  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage
I think this just about confirms that it's just about the money.

A supporting slot? didn't they learn their lesson from the Zoo TV tour? It's rotten.

I'm very sad about this. I want to see the band play again, but not like this. Really pathetic. what's the point, really? The supporting band gets an audience that for the most part is more interested in getting a few more beers down their throat; they get a quarter of the sound board, if that, and a sound engineer that walks away as soon as the set starts. Completely lame.

Why not just lip synch and phone it in? I'm disgusted with this. Really.

Go to Top of Page

Ckoen
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
22 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  10:27:52  Show Profile
It's true. The sound quality of support acts is almost always crap. The Pixies deserve better than supporting RHCP, who are of course eager to jump the bandwagon together with Bowie/Bono et al. I don't understand why they do it.
Go to Top of Page

hybrid
- FB Fan -

Ireland
42 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  15:09:10  Show Profile  Click to see hybrid's MSN Messenger address
this news made me happy, since i get to see the pixies, but sad, as there will be chilli peppers, and more depressingly, chilli peppers fans, who no doubt will have no idea who the pixies are and will be booing them in an idiotic attempt to listen to thier shit poprock crap.
Go to Top of Page

flim flam
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  14:02:11  Show Profile  Visit flim flam's Homepage  Click to see flim flam's MSN Messenger address
uhhhh....very bad idea. Wonder what Charles was thinking...
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  03:07:42  Show Profile
I dunno if he supported them solo before, but I'm sure he's played on bills with them..though I guess support is different. In the '90s he played Witness here RHCP, Ice Cube+a few other acts.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000