Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 It's Finally Official: the Pixies are reuniting!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  07:33:32  Show Profile
NME Article: "....Warm up shows in Canada...."

Well, F me silly! I expected to have to drive across the states to see the warm up shows, but now they'll be in my own backyard!

Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  07:48:14  Show Profile
stick with the pigs that fly right, er is it straight?
(no hidden meaning -just an inside thought).

ol' MacDonald sittin' on a bench...

Edited by - blarg007 on 02/03/2004 07:51:11
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  07:57:02  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
Pixies are comming to pinkpop.
This will mean that they will be playing 100 miles away from me.
I'm going!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  08:21:20  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage
I certainly do not see anything bad coming out of this. If the Pixies get together once in a while to record and tour, AND the Catholics continue to do their thing, how can we lose?!
That being said, I probably won't go out of my way to see the Pixies. If it's the right night in the right town, chances are I will go. If I had not seen them in the past, I would be required to go in order to adhere to C. O. F. by-laws.

The Cult of Frank: Currently freezing our collective @#%*#%@'s off.
Go to Top of Page

paintmeister
= Cult of Ray =

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  08:31:30  Show Profile
I'm on the side that says this is fantastic. What am I doing? Holy Shit! Unbelievable.

I've never seen them and I will actually get the chance now.
Go to Top of Page

chango
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  08:53:29  Show Profile
first of all the "deal" post i wrote was bravado bluster needling... i didn't mean any of it personally, fer cryin' out loud.
secondly, i don't get them opening for rhcp... WTF??? makes NO sense at all. i think the chili peppers have the mafia working for them, strong arming good bands into opening... that's the only explanation why first it was the flaming lips and mike watt, and now the pixies. there's just no other explanation.
i'm excited as hell about the reunion, and i hope to see several shows, but i don't know what the fuck they're thinkin' with this chili pepper thing...

it wasn't anything about anything
Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  08:54:42  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address
personally, i'd prefer another Frank Black and the Catholics uk tour, but thats just me. If the Pixies had a date near me,i'd still go. i'd just prefer FB&TCs...

----------
They are about, dressed to deceive, architect David Vincent
Go to Top of Page

Ebb Vicious
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1162 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  08:56:22  Show Profile  Visit Ebb Vicious's Homepage
to those whining, saying "lame", climbing up on a horse so high his tail even brushes the sky:

quote:
I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a
Dope Beastie t, nipple rings, and
New tattoos that claimed that he
Was OGT,
From '92,
The first EP.

And in between
Sips of Coke
He told me that
He thought
We were sellin' out,
Layin' down,
Suckin' up
To the man.

Well now I've got some
A-dvice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,

Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well so you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

So I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the fuckin' man
Then you're the fuckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and

Buy my new record
Send more money
Fuck you, buddy.

ps - consider this also a suggestion that the pixies play 'hooker with a penis' live. :)

Edited by - Ebb Vicious on 02/03/2004 09:01:13
Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew
= Cult of Ray =

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  09:45:03  Show Profile
Wow! Great news. I’m a bigger Frank Black fan than the Pixies, but this is COOL! Van Halen was right, you can have the best of both worlds. A little heaven right here on earth. Can’t wait for the tour. Hopefully a new album will materialize out of this. And what’s with all this backlash about opening for the chili peppers. Is it because they’re (oh my god) popular? Do you realize how many new fans Frank can gain with an audience that big? It’s called marketing. You do realize the whole reason you are a Frank Black fan to begin with is that you heard of him from somewhere. Every artist no matter how small becomes known this way. That’s kind of how it works. It’s a little selfish and a little dumb to want to keep him to yourself. If that’s the case why don’t you support a truly independent artist, myself, a fiction writer. Currently you can count my fans on one hand. And 99.9% of my work has never been published. You want in that fan club? Didn’t think so. (falling down off the soapbox)
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  09:57:28  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage
Based on that, I'll join your non-fiction writing fan club - you understand what you're talking about.

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  10:16:58  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage
Dreams do come true!!! LIFE TO THE PIXIES!!!!!!Thanks FB Net for keeping us informed,amazing job guys!!!! Sincerely Carlos Lopez(Alec Eiffel Spanish Section).
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  10:31:28  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
is this the end of fb.net?

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  11:05:20  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
I certainly hope not

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  11:06:39  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
I certainly hope not

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  11:08:17  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
I certainly hope not

Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  11:14:14  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage
Somebody slipped me some strange brew. I'm seeing quadruple vision!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  11:15:35  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Heh, thanks a million (well, 4) times, Jop. Nope, FB.Net will be around as long as FB is, and then even longer thanks to Dave's anti-aging diet and coming-soon-to-market eternal youth balm. The rebirth of the Pixies does not spell the end for Frank Black. At least not until they release a "Death to Frank Black: Here Come the Pixies (again)" as a best of FB album.

And then we can all complain about a Catholics reunion a decade later. :)

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  11:23:47  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
just being pessimistic but this place is slowly becoming something like :
frankblackpixiesfrontmanandauthorofwhereismymind.net

Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  11:23:52  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
I'm quite sure that perhaps with the news of the reunion the server is starting to stutter...

For me I can't reload a page or use links. I have to right click on the link and choose "copy shortcut" and then put that in my browser. It may help you too if you're having the same problem...

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

paintmeister
= Cult of Ray =

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  11:33:51  Show Profile
Let me be clear. The Pixies thing is great.

I'll take Frank Black/Black Francis/Charles Thompson anyway I can, whether it be via Pixies/FB&TC/Solo acoustics. It doesn't matter to me except for maybe a small venue to watch them perform.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  12:40:02  Show Profile
Maybe the Pixies felt pressure to reunite after VH1's critical success in reuniting Berlin and Dramarama on their new hit series Reuniting the Band?
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  12:47:55  Show Profile
wow, this is like a huge fuck in the ass from Frank Black. Before this I've pretty much been in a horrible state of denial and I still kind-of am. Hopefully it won't blow as hard as I think it will. Anyways, I'm sure I'll be there in the front row just like everyone else

Join the Cult Of Gunn / and you'll never need a hair stylist again"
Go to Top of Page

mcmikey
= Cult of Ray =

799 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  12:50:52  Show Profile
everyone's crawling out of the woodwork now that the reunion is official....what's up with that? Is the Staind fan site's server down or something?

peace, I'm out
Go to Top of Page

Horrible
- FB Fan -

22 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  13:00:13  Show Profile
If you had asked me 5 years ago whether or not the Pixies should reunite, I'd have flat out said no. It was my generation, my music, and all you kids can go fuck yourselves.

Today I think, damn what a selfish fuckheaded asshole I was to want that! I'm closer to Frank's age, so maybe you get softer and more tolerant the older you get. Now I'm all for it. If the bad blood between the band members has been washed away and everyone's friends again, then all of my jealous protestations are moot. I'll go to se the Pixies play, probably even buy the tour t-shirt. I'll be the one hanging out to the sides or near the bar at the clubs, drinking a beer and watching the kids in the mosh pit as they go berserk to Isla de Encanta. We can swap war stories, "like the time I saw the Pixies back in 91... yeah, tonight was pretty good, but you shoulda been there in 89' when..." Stories like that will actually have some frame of reference for the 20 somethings who discovered the Pixies after they broke up. Thats what its all about folks, enjoying music, having a good time, and seeing old frineds get back up on stage.
Go to Top of Page

spunXtain
= Cult of Ray =

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  13:00:46  Show Profile  Click to see spunXtain's MSN Messenger address
wish we had some dates. tickets are gonna be a bitch to get.

Got coffee, got donuts, got wasted..
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  13:48:05  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Horrible

If you had asked me 5 years ago whether or not the Pixies should reunite, I'd have flat out said no. It was my generation, my music, and all you kids can go fuck yourselves.

you said it...

Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  14:47:56  Show Profile
but us kids can't be blamed for being born late, lol. we try to do our best... :'(
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  14:55:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mcmikey

everyone's crawling out of the woodwork now that the reunion is official....what's up with that? Is the Staind fan site's server down or something?

peace, I'm out

Totally with you on that,there've been a whole shitload of new members signed up since the rumours started circulating in the music press

"I joined the Cult of Frank / 28:06:42:12"
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  14:56:11  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address
Yeah. I'm 23. The Pixies became my favorite band approx. five minutes after I first heard them. Shortly after I found out they had broken up just months prior. I felt devistated in the sense that here I had a favorite band (and they haven't wavered from that position in the least) and I would never get to see them. I am going to appreciate the hell out of this opportunity.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  14:57:08  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address
Yeah. I'm 23. The Pixies became my favorite band approx. five minutes after I first heard them. Shortly after I found out they had broken up just months prior. I felt devistated in the sense that here I had a favorite band (and they haven't wavered from that position in the least) and I would never get to see them. I am going to appreciate the hell out of this opportunity.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  15:26:39  Show Profile
This is weird...

it's like..
1)the Pixies will play until they break up again
2)Frank will play solo
...and then it'll repeat, maybe.

It's like an endless cycle... at least it makes me feel young.

...though he loved to rock and roll...
Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  15:29:50  Show Profile
according to pollstar.com

The Pixies
appearing with Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sat 06/12/04 Dublin, IRE Phoenix Park
Tue 06/15/04 Paris, FRA Parc Des Princes

...though he loved to rock and roll...
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  16:53:23  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

but us kids can't be blamed for being born late, lol. we try to do our best... :'(

noone is blaming you (despite my age i've never seen the pixies live either)but dead things should remain dead IMHO.a reunion is ok with me but it turns out that many people just tollerated frank's solo career waiting for this moment.the feeling i get is that many fans don't take this reunion as a group of old friends jamming together again after a long time but as the return of someone that was temporary wasting his time in other useless stuff knowing that sooner or later would return to what made him famous.and i hate this attitude.that's all.

Go to Top of Page

GoddessTheory
= Cult of Ray =

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  17:15:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

quote:

noone is blaming you (despite my age i've never seen the pixies live either)but dead things should remain dead IMHO.a reunion is ok with me but it turns out that many people just tollerated frank's solo career waiting for this moment.the feeling i get is that many fans don't take this reunion as a group of old friends jamming together again after a long time but as the return of someone that was temporary wasting his time in other useless stuff knowing that sooner or later would return to what made him famous.and i hate this attitude.that's all.

You know, I hope that's not true, but part of me thinks it is. :(
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  17:15:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

quote:

that's really spot on...

And, yeah, I hate it too, but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about it.

"join the Cult of the Triforium / If we form a circle round it / in our white robes / God will surely play for us / the authentic Celestial Music / at last"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000