-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Pixies Interviews 2018.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1403 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  04:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Will there be / are there any articles like this for Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde?


Never. Ever.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  06:17:14  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Will there be / are there any articles like this for Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde?



Sadly I think not. Only Doolittle and Surfer Rosa get the retrospective classic album coverage it seems.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2617 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  01:38:30  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://archivedmusicpress.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/jon-wilde-interviews-the-pixies-11th-august-1990/ Here is one from Bossanova era,Bedbug.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

868 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  02:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

https://archivedmusicpress.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/jon-wilde-interviews-the-pixies-11th-august-1990/ Here is one from Bossanova era,Bedbug.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE



Thanks pixie punk!

"It all still sounds so, so good."
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2617 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2018 :  12:24:59  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://eujacksonville.com/2018/06/13/49704/ Joey Interview.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

868 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2018 :  16:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes! All Over the World!
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1403 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2018 :  19:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Yes! All Over the World!


I never thought Iíd live long enough to read that.

Now someone send Joey a copy of Trompe le Monde

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

868 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2018 :  01:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Yes! All Over the World!


I never thought Iíd live long enough to read that.

Now someone send Joey a copy of Trompe le Monde

___
"Service Unavailable"



And send him a copy of the compression thread!

See, thereís hope for us.

Pray for the Pixies
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1403 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2018 :  03:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

quote:
Originally posted by picpic

quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Yes! All Over the World!


I never thought Iíd live long enough to read that.

Now someone send Joey a copy of Trompe le Monde

___
"Service Unavailable"



And send him a copy of the compression thread!

See, thereís hope for us.

Pray for the Pixies


I already asked the question a few years ago on twitter, and he wanted to have a second opinion (then another follower seconded my remark). No reaction from Joey (I remember it was the day before he checked into rehab - hope it was not related ! ). Anyway Joey stated multiple times that he really enjoyed Dalgety sound and HC was his best sounding album. So, there's no hope really.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

868 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2018 :  03:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

quote:
Originally posted by picpic

quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Yes! All Over the World!


I never thought Iíd live long enough to read that.

Now someone send Joey a copy of Trompe le Monde

___
"Service Unavailable"



And send him a copy of the compression thread!

See, thereís hope for us.

Pray for the Pixies


I already asked the question a few years ago on twitter, and he wanted to have a second opinion (then another follower seconded my remark). No reaction from Joey (I remember it was the day before he checked into rehab - hope it was not related ! ). Anyway Joey stated multiple times that he really enjoyed Dalgety sound and HC was his best sounding album. So, there's no hope really.

___
"Service Unavailable"



It might have been a political answer.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2617 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2018 :  13:08:14  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.nuvo.net/music/pixies-keep-it-real-on-and-off-stage/article_04c4230c-7ee5-11e8-9e4a-1f83cd458b58.html Words from Mr.Black.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
= Cult of Ray =

712 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2018 :  22:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bloody hell....


451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact editors@nuvo.net or call 317-254-2400.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

868 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2018 :  00:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iíll try to paste it in for you if you like
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
= Cult of Ray =

712 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2018 :  05:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks but don't worry. Unless it's saying 'the new album is already recorded and here is the low down on each track' I can manage without. I just hope all US sites are going down the road of blocking access to Europe!
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1403 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2018 :  08:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just copy-paste the url on some random US proxy

Here for example https://www.usa-proxy.org

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000