Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sprite
= Cult of Ray =

721 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  09:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And there's the problem, I like my Pixies incoherent!
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2632 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  12:40:24  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.kx935.com/podcasts/tnn-radio-august-5-2018-show-pixies/ Joey interview podcast.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1434 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  00:44:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Is it worth listening ? Or are we gonna learn that they don't have a setlist ?

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
= Cult of Ray =

721 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  05:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by natenate101

quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

"As for the next album, Santiago says they won't know what it will sound like until it gets recorded, but on his end, he wants it to sound as raw as possible."

Was hoping for something a little more past tense...

Same here, darnit. Well, gonna be a bit of a longer wait than we anticipated. I'm not a patient person at all so it's gonna be a rough rest of 2018.

By the way I am a glass half full kinda guy so I am going to dream that Wilson's very brief and singular return to the forum was very-much-not-appreciated by the band and that actually they have the new album in the can already but it's like so hush-hush right now.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1434 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  20:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The band can be in studio recording ideas or demos and not especially an album (they went to 2 or 3 studios for HC if I remember correctly. They were recording in Canada -everyone though the new album was done by then- and then they went to Riverside studio in Bath and then finally the "real" (?) sessions were recorded at RAK in London)

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 08/07/2018 20:45:22
Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
183 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  13:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I can tell, if nothing new is released before the end of 2018, this will mark the first gap of greater than two years in "Pixies/FB/FBandtheCs/BF/Charles in collaboration with others" history. Given the fact that Charles has always been a prolific artist, I think what we are seeing is the end result of a sea change that has been brewing for quite some time -- music releases/sales are forced to take a back seat to concerts/touring when it comes to generating income. Frustrated Frank Black fans such as myself are left fighting the urge to wonder what might have happened over the past five years had the Pixies not decided to release new material.
-Oddball
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1434 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  23:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah they've been on a non-stop touring spree for a few years now. Crazy.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000