Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 what are you listening to riiight.....now?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 152

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  12:59:01  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage
Well, Im currently watching the eurovision contest, but Croatias entry.

Was just listening to Smashing Pumpkins Adore. Not a good thing to listen to when youre lonely.

I love you for what I am not,
I did not ask for what I have got.

You will get used to me.
Welcome to your new joy.
Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  13:08:05  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address
Iron + Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days. It sounds like Sufjan Stevens.

Before this I listened to the McLusky which I've downloaded today. I'm going to have to buy that one, it sounds very good.

wilhelm

Edited by - offerw on 05/15/2004 13:08:27
Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  13:42:40  Show Profile
Bukowski - Modest Mouse

------------------------------------
Confucious say - The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next.
He also say my lucky numbers are: 16 27 36 23 11
  http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/ 
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  14:13:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by The King Of Karaoke

Bukowski - Modest Mouse

------------------------------------
Confucious say - The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next.
He also say my lucky numbers are: 16 27 36 23 11
  http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/ 

a little barfly....
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  15:04:44  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by chick

Avril whats her lips WAS on tv, untill I changed it of course.Avril sucks

A friend had the TV on MTV or VH1 or whatever last night, and the Olson twins were hosting a countdown or something. Avril was on it and said something tacky, and one of those twins had the audacity to say "You can't get more punk than that." How dare they say that you can't get more punk than Avril!!! It's sick and wrong. Sick and wrong. Sick and wrong. Sick and wrong. Sick and wrong. Sick and wrong. Avril = not punk. Sick and wrong.

Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  15:07:02  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address
Oh, and I am currently listening to Star Job by the Frogs. Song: Starboy. Next up on the playlist: Pet Sounds.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  15:18:33  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address
I'm listening to "In California," by Neko Case.

Cattle in Korea / They can really moo.
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  16:18:12  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by WolfManMikeLonely

Mine or misleadtheworld? My mind is still a bit mush from the drinking last night.

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders

www.transposed.net

I think it's you, Wolfy.

It's getting colder....
Go to Top of Page

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  19:05:49  Show Profile
I'm listening to the Pixies Coachella interview.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  12:57:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bumblebeeboy2

modest mouse! my new favourite band (again)! saw they are touring supporting some shitty band soon, can't remember what they're called, but i'm going to see them!

good news!

Is it like today? Oh, oh, oh-oh. Then there followed days with kings, empires and revolutions. blood just looks the same when you open the veins. sometimes it was faith, power or reason as the cornerstone. but the furrowed brow has never left his face. he said, how did it come to this?

They are co-headlining with Bright Eyes at Manchester Uni. I asked you on another topic of you were going but you never replied.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  13:00:19  Show Profile
I am listening to The Pretenders 'The Singles'. It's about to finish soon and I will be putting Spacehog 'Resident Alien' on next. It's reminiscing night tonight.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  13:52:53  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage
I'm now on Devendra Banhart - Rejoicing In The Hands.
I'd be well interested to know if anyone has heard of this guy. I was given his album but haven't been able to play it up till now. He was on Jools Holland the other day and its superb. Like Nick Drake playing the blues maybe.

"Everywhere I go I want to travel by X-Wing"
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  14:22:24  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
I just bought Universal Truths And Cycles by GBV and I'm on "Skin Parade"
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  14:28:51  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
GBV meant Guided By Voices.

Aw man, the vinyl plays great! Not a single scratch - pristine, clean, gorgeous sound out of my polk audio speakers.

"Christian Animation Torch Carriers" is a GREAT song.
Go to Top of Page

chick
- FB Fan -

Canada
118 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  15:41:16  Show Profile
I like your icon.It's cute.
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  18:32:07  Show Profile
The first album from a band called Metro. It came out in '77 and is sort of a lost glam-rock cult classic.

I almost skipped over it at the thrift store, but the interesting cover art made me look the sleeve over and I saw Duncan Browne's name on the back. He made some nice McCartney-ish pop records in the early 70s.

Anyway, the album rocks.
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  18:40:32  Show Profile
The stranglers - golden brown

Shortly to be followed by symposium - killing position

I May've Joined The Cult Of Frank If I Knew What The Balls Was Going On.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

jimmy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
876 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  22:49:03  Show Profile  Visit jimmy's Homepage
Just walked around my neighborhood with Beck's "One Foot In The Grave". I'd forgotten how many good songs are on there. I was surprised by how little skipping I had to do. I mean skipping tracks, not skipping down the sidewalk.
Go to Top of Page

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  00:25:58  Show Profile
Listening to The Used. I don't care what anyone else says, I love them. Lots of energy and screaming with melodies.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  07:19:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Ween - Exactly Where I'm At

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  07:38:11  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
I'm currently listening to Television's Marquee Moon, for the first time. It's great.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  07:50:16  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

I'm currently listening to Television's Marquee Moon, for the first time. It's great.

Denis

A masterpeice. I'm listening to Sugar, File Under Easy Listening, havn't listened to it in ages.

He's coming to save your mind and town
Go to Top of Page

jimmy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
876 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  08:53:02  Show Profile  Visit jimmy's Homepage
File Under: Easy Listening- the best Sugar, still Side two is pretty weak, and overall it doesn't quite live up to the artwork and the cool title.

Copper Blue- I don't have much desire to listen to that again soon.
Beaster- Used to like a few songs, "Tilted" and "Feeling Better" are still good.
Besides-Not enough good songs, too many must-skip songs (did you know about the "Gee Angel" video on it?).

I've always thought that "Granny Cool" from FU:EL is about Madonna.
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  09:06:56  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

quote:
Originally posted by bumblebeeboy2

modest mouse! my new favourite band (again)! saw they are touring supporting some shitty band soon, can't remember what they're called, but i'm going to see them!

good news!

Is it like today? Oh, oh, oh-oh. Then there followed days with kings, empires and revolutions. blood just looks the same when you open the veins. sometimes it was faith, power or reason as the cornerstone. but the furrowed brow has never left his face. he said, how did it come to this?

They are co-headlining with Bright Eyes at Manchester Uni. I asked you on another topic of you were going but you never replied.

i've been away from the forum mate, yes, i'm going to get tickets tomorrow if they haven't sold out. hate bright eyes, but modest mouse will be ace... are you going?

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  09:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
Elliott Smith - Figure 8

So... no one to listen to FB?

"Welcome back to the 10th grade!"
Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  10:01:34  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy

File Under: Easy Listening- the best Sugar, still Side two is pretty weak, and overall it doesn't quite live up to the artwork and the cool title.

Beaster- Used to like a few songs, "Tilted" and "Feeling Better" are still good.
Besides-Not enough good songs, too many must-skip songs (did you know about the "Gee Angel" video on it?).

My favorite Sugar album is Beaster then Copper Blue and then FUEL. Think I'll put on FUEL right now, I haven't heard it in ages.

Jimmy, do you like Bob Mould's "Hubcap" album? That must be his best post Husker Du album in my opinion.

wilhelm
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  10:19:22  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage
Ooh, ooh, I listened to DITS earlier Frog! What do I win?

"Everywhere I go I want to travel by X-Wing"
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  10:39:32  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

Elliott Smith - Figure 8

So... no one to listen to FB?

"Welcome back to the 10th grade!"

well, it's cooler to tell people about bands or albums we think they may not have heard of... a way to recommend stuff... but anyway, i made 2 fb best of cdr's the other day, been listening to them quite a bit along with modest mouse and brendan benson...

Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  11:37:52  Show Profile
I like Bob Mould's Last Dog and Pony Show album, though I didn't care for it until I was super-ultra-like, suicidal-depressed one time. It sounded good to me in that mental state.

Copper Blue I loved back in the day, but I dunno if I'd listen to it now. I remember buying a live bootleg CD of a '93 show that had some pretty cool cover songs. The Monkees' "Door into Summer", "Helter Skelter", "Armenia City in the Sky", and Iggy Pop's "Dum Dum Boys".

Besides I dug for the live version of "JC Auto" and David Barbe's absolute best Sugar song "Where Diamond are Halos" or "When Diamonds Turn to Halos" or whatever it's called.
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  12:28:24  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy

FU:EL is the only Sugar album I have, bought it cause I had the Your Favorite Thing video on VHS and used to watch it all the time, definitly the best song on that record. I like Husker Du way more but I hav'nt really heard much of Mould's solo stuff, something to check out in future.

He's coming to save your mind and town

Edited by - therewererumours on 05/17/2004 13:33:35
Go to Top of Page

jujube
- FB Fan -

Kiribati
29 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  13:27:34  Show Profile
I love Sugar.
Great songs.
Seen Bob Mould live in London back in 1998... Mercury Rev were guests... great show.
And his albums are aging quite gracefully, I think.
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  13:36:36  Show Profile
The sound of three people on a different phone line, an air conditioner running, and a printer humming. But on the way home, it's gonna be Frank live at Electric Lady Land.
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  14:53:00  Show Profile
I'm trying to listen the next Datsuns album...
Go to Top of Page

soundofataris
= Cult of Ray =

USA
715 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  15:51:16  Show Profile
lou reed and john cale - songs for drella

warm....warmer.....disco!
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  19:15:04  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
"The Tired Sounds of" - Stars of the Lid

If the only tool you have is an elbow macaroni,
all your problems look like Schroedinger's cat.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 152 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000