Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  16:10:16  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I swear....dont bypass Montreal in the fall frank....Please!!!!
Go to Top of Page

darkoutsider
= Cult of Ray =

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  16:23:40  Show Profile  Visit darkoutsider's Homepage  Click to see darkoutsider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

quote:

quote:

"honeycomb"

BLACK CELEBRATION (Gore)

Tom Waits bookends were enough, glad Frank edited this Depeche Mode idea before everyone got to see it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find Logan's Lost Blue Tosselhat

very funny. but i do like the mode.

Frank is going to do a Depeche Mode song, that's going to be fucking weird. He should do Barrel of a Gun with The Pixies, I think it fits the style. Plus it would rule. Hey is anyone else going to contribute to the reunion tour scrapebook that Pixiesmusic.com is doing?

- It's all in the mind... -

Edited by - darkoutsider on 04/12/2004 16:28:55
Go to Top of Page

darkoutsider
= Cult of Ray =

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  16:51:44  Show Profile  Visit darkoutsider's Homepage  Click to see darkoutsider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
is it possible to post a reply on a thread that Frank himself posted on and not sound like such a brown-noser? I'm guilty of the same sin, so I'm not outting anyone... just wondering? And how does Frank feel about talking to people that consume his music "not knowing what it taste like" (thank you Jewel for that quote).

Edited by - darkoutsider on 04/13/2004 16:49:59
Go to Top of Page

CaptainMaximus
- FB Fan -

126 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  17:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Honeycomb" is a great title for a record; kind of connotes the earthly and bacchinalian at the same time---not to wax too pretentious. I like it. And it somehow fits for a Nashville record.
I hope he sticks with that one.

So, for those of you in the know---and there seem to be quite a few of you---when is this record going to be out? Any rough idea, approximately? Would love to be listening to it as I make my long drive from Florida to Atlanta for the Pixies shows in October. That would be great!

Really excited about the new record and some new Nashville blood...
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  19:14:30  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aw man, I like "Nashville Number System." "Honeycomb" immediately brings to mind a cereal; endless hours of prolonged afternoon viewing in my childhood have burned it into my little consumerist brain.

Whatever it's called, I can't wait to hear this one. Let there be more twang!

"Join the Cult of Derek/Lest you incur his Tubbycizing wrath"
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  21:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe Frank should hire me to do the artwork...

Join the Devil's Workshop / Looking for idle hands to work second shift

Edited by - ProverbialCereal on 04/12/2004 21:25:24
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  22:00:30  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ahahahahahahaha!!! That's awesome. How did I know this was coming...

It's about time that Sugar Bear was replaced by the Sugar Daddy as the best cereal mascot.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  22:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slaveish

frank looks great in a beard. all men should wear beards.

i couldn't agree more
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  23:12:53  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
19 song tracklist. Very nice. Assuming that this is the tracklist of the "honeycomb" album, is this CD going to be the longest CD that he's released so far?

Join the Cult of Pi - It's just 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097....
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  23:24:42  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hahah - that's fantastic Derek.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  23:25:58  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IceCream - this is the year of 'long releases' for FB. There's the Frank Black Francis and FB&TC B-Sides, both of which will be two CDs, and this album (assuming it comes out this year).

Kick ass.

Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  23:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Three double albums and a world tour with the old band. Wow. I used to be a New Order fan, but they make a new album every ten years, so I switched to FB. I'm so happy now.

Darkoutsider, the Pixies making a DM cover is OK. But FB covering DM in Nashville is the idea of a genius, that's different.

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  01:52:56  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

IceCream - this is the year of 'long releases' for FB. There's the Frank Black Francis and FB&TC B-Sides, both of which will be two CDs, and this album (assuming it comes out this year).

Kick ass.

I'm not that sure dave, frank black francis seems to be released this spring or summer. But the b-sides? who knows? And honeycomb could be pushed back for months after it's finished. Don't get me wrong, if the record companies want to, they could all be released this year, but record companies always want to prepare for ages and stuff. I do hope they are going to be released this year...

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
233 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  07:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of all of the outstanding pixies/frank black activities of late, news of Honeycomb excites me the most because it is truly new. Can anyone confirm if the recording is in fact finished? A projected release date would be great.

Erik
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  08:20:14  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you can pre-order FBF off Amazon, for what it's worth..?

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  08:59:52  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

I think you can pre-order FBF off Amazon, for what it's worth..?

oops! Sorry Dave, so this one is coming in the near near future then?

Go to Top of Page

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  09:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm fired up. Thanks FB. Especially glad to be hearing SSMVGD. Is this live to 2-track?
-FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  12:41:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful, Derek!!!!

¡Viva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  14:16:44  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know any more than that i've seen it on Amazon.

Go to Top of Page

nmusler
- FB Fan -

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  15:38:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

Now I can tell you Frnck - 'Nashville Number System' sounds like a shitty rap band name. In fact it almost sounds like a joke...

"Welcome back to the 10th grade!"

True. That may be. But there is something called the Nashville Number System. It's how musicians do charts in that part of the world.

What's in a name really? It only needs to matter to the artist unless there is some marketing machine pulling the strings behind the curtain... of course then who knows what the hell it would be called.

I like the Nashville Number System as a title for what it is worth.

What I really want to know is when it is going to come out?

Rock on
Go to Top of Page

leica
- FB Fan -

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  20:42:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard "Atom in My Heart" in SF @ The Independent show. That song was stuck in my head for three days. I think I posted something about it here or at Pixiesmusic. Happy to hear it's going to be on an upcoming album.

Edited by - leica on 04/13/2004 20:43:11
Go to Top of Page

rockmusic84
= Cult of Ray =

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  21:07:40  Show Profile  Visit rockmusic84's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome work, Derek! BTW, did you get around to upping the W.E.R.S. artwork to the server?

Join The Cult of U-MASS - IT'S EDUCATIONAL!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  01:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank Black Francis doesn't appear to be on Amazon anymore. Either way, a delay can still happen after Amazon has a listing. Ask those people who pre-ordered the Pavement DVD from them in 1999 (the DVD ended up coming out in '02, I think).

I'd love it if all this stuff we've heard about came out this year, but I'm not expecting that to happen. I'll bet Frank Black Francis and Honeycomb at least come out this year.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  01:43:10  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001BRQ28/qid=1081931641/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_10_3/202-3468749-9460638

"Welcome back to the 10th grade!"
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  06:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rockmusic84

Awesome work, Derek! BTW, did you get around to upping the W.E.R.S. artwork to the server?

Oh, yes, thanks for reminding me. I'll post it tonight (around 10:00 pm)

Go to Top of Page

rockmusic84
= Cult of Ray =

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  08:00:21  Show Profile  Visit rockmusic84's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sweet!

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  15:45:43  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Derek..that's hilarious...yo soy un honeycomb...lol.

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  16:34:16  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah Derek, you magnificent bastard. If only you could add a little speech bubble: "Honeycomb es grande!" (Does anyone else remember those commercialsor is only ooold me?)

"Join the Cult of Derek/Lest you incur his Tubbycizing wrath"
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  19:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember the jingle note for note of the *New* Apple Cinnamon Cheerios commercial. Of course this was 10 years ago so they aren't new any more.

Go to Top of Page

darkoutsider
= Cult of Ray =

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  13:25:56  Show Profile  Visit darkoutsider's Homepage  Click to see darkoutsider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adnan_le_Terrible

Three double albums and a world tour with the old band. Wow. I used to be a New Order fan, but they make a new album every ten years, so I switched to FB. I'm so happy now.

Darkoutsider, the Pixies making a DM cover is OK. But FB covering DM in Nashville is the idea of a genius, that's different.

It's just a win/win for me!!

Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  15:01:49  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
I remember the jingle note for note of the *New* Apple Cinnamon Cheerios commercial.

Is that the one that's like, "Listen to the sound of a whole new O," or something? Why we were supposed to be LISTENING to cereal is something I never quite figured out.

I've reached 1000 posts / So I'm too cool to be in a cult.
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  21:17:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha. I dunno if that was the same slogan used in the commercial I'm thinking of.

So I guess you never heard the Wave of Cheerio-lation?

Go to Top of Page

johndietzel
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
464 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  21:48:18  Show Profile  Visit johndietzel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

"honeycomb"

HIGHWAY TO LOWDOWN
LONE CHILD
ATOM IN MY HEART
SELKIE BRIDE
STRANGE GOODBYE
SAD MAN'S SONG
VELVET NIGHTMARE
SING FOR JOY
VIOLET
I BURN TODAY
KISS MY RING
GO FIND YOUR SAINT
SUNDAY SUNNY MILL VALLEY GROOVE DAY
WHERE THE WIND IS GOING
MY LIFE IS IN STORAGE / FUNK
HONEYCOMB
NEEDLE IN MY ARM
SONG OF THE SHRIMP
DARK END OF THE STREET

DAN PENN, SPOONER OLDHAM, STEVE CROPPER, DAVID HOOD, REGGIE YOUNG, BUDDY MILLER, AKIL THOMPSON, CHESTER THOMPSON, ANTON FIG, BILLY BLOCK, JIMMY GRIFFIN. PRODUCED BY JON TIVEN.

Perhaps Mr. Figg could getcha on Letterman to perform one of the singles? Are Chester or Akil family?

----------------------
"But, wait--there's more! If you act now, you can also mosey Monday morning into your cozy T1-powered cubicle, whose Athlon 2200+ based nervous system represents yet another distinct and grassy knoll for snipers like you. Oh yeah, and your wife reclines behind her very own version of a Herkimer Battle Jitney, from which she employs the electromagnet's 'next inevitable phase' of a non-lethal weapon, and enthusiastically, and with supreme loyalty, psychofraculatingly hollers 'fire in the hole!'"
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  21:50:19  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've sailed with Cap'n Crunch, eaten the Honeycomb
Spelled out words with the Alpha-Bits
Could follow my nose to a bowl of Froot Loops
On a Wave of Cheerio-lation, Wave of Cheerio-lation

I've reached 1000 posts / So I'm too cool to be in a cult.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  00:28:08  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
anymore recording news? seems frank black hasn't edited his post the last days? maybe we anoyed him with critizing his albumtitle. I want to know what they recorded the last 3 days or so. I want more info!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000