Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2024 :  08:37:48  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shut the fuck up, pot!

Denis
Go to Top of Page

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2024 :  09:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Shut the fuck up, pot!

Denis

I second the motion LOL
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2024 :  09:44:36  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Shut the fuck up, pot!

Denis

What the fuck am I Leonard from Community?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2024 :  09:45:53  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheScooper

quote:

Shut the fuck up, pot!

Denis

I second the motion LOL

Want to make me?
Go to Top of Page

Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo
* Dog in the Sand *

1056 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2024 :  07:50:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's up with the tensions within the forum ?

++++

Edited by - Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo on 04/02/2024 08:02:43
Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
183 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  17:19:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

It's a band called "the Pixies" with the only 3 remaining alumni who are male and now approaching pension age - so they sack the only member who has any vague resemblance to an actual "pixie" and replace her with a giant version of Ellen DeGeneres

LOL

I appreciate pot
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  23:03:00  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's funny in a way, but also a bit easy?

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2024 :  01:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know how serious you're being Pot but it's interesting how words become kind of abstract to me as soon as they're used as a band name. The first time I read the name 'Arctic Monkeys' I cringed, now those words are associated with the music and I have to stop and and actually think about it to remember what a supremely awful band name that is. I'm not sure if I've ever associated Pixies with actual pixies. The idea that they might need a band member to somehow represent a pixie is totally alien to me. The Rolling Stones however... I'm thankful that their faces have taken on the look of gnarled and weather-beaten rocks.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2024 :  06:18:25  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Active Duck

I don't know how serious you're being Pot but it's interesting how words become kind of abstract to me as soon as they're used as a band name. The first time I read the name 'Arctic Monkeys' I cringed, now those words are associated with the music and I have to stop and and actually think about it to remember what a supremely awful band name that is. I'm not sure if I've ever associated Pixies with actual pixies. The idea that they might need a band member to somehow represent a pixie is totally alien to me. The Rolling Stones however... I'm thankful that their faces have taken on the look of gnarled and weather-beaten rocks.

seconded, "Beatles" is also godawful

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?

Edited by - billgoodman on 04/05/2024 06:19:20
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
818 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2024 :  09:26:18  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's funny to think back at that first time though. I remember hearing of the Pixies and I was like "Pixies?? Doesn't sound like something I'd like." I don't think about it at all now.
Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
183 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2024 :  20:03:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
came across this 2022 performance of Gigantic by paz
she really did it justice

https://youtu.be/3yM9jk2k358?t=1707
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2965 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2024 :  04:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re the discussion above concerning the name Pixies

Bunch of people thought they were a girl band back in the 80s, I know I did, female lead singer Black Francis, cover of Surfer Rosa, and the name all sounding like Pixies was appropriate label for the band.
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2024 :  11:55:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

On a brighter note: I checked Emma Richardson on YT, and she seems to be an accomplished musician and great singer.
This whole drama won't stop me from enjoying the ENTIRE FUCKING BOSSANOVA AND TROMPE LE MONDE ALBUMS LIVE ! Shit I’ve been waiting 20 years for this !

___
"Service Unavailable"

Maybe FB and ET connect via painting:

https://www.emmarichardsonart.com/about

Fully agree on the Bossa/Trompe tour. It is truly unbelievable. And ET sounds amazing on these performances.

As for the discussion on politics, I find it amusing that Paz' comments on Argentinian politics (which I have not read) are critisized in a superficial way by people who most likely would have problems finding Argentina on a map. And anyway, why should it be a problem if someone else has a different opionion, be it left/right/up/down/whatever? What has happened to people that we cannot value opinions anymore?

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2024 :  03:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

A few things- going on about Ukrainian Nazi thing sounds like a Russian excuse to keep Putins Nazi like war going on. Yes- it's a problem but most of Ukraine is not nazi at all and I'd wager the opposite. They even have a Jewish president. Worth reiterating again- Putin seems to be the most Hitler like person in high power today by his behavior and propaganda.

Julian Assange- yeah the government is screwing him over. But that was also true under Mr Maga so....

I'd imagine with journalists you might be referring to more right wing commentator conspiracy types but I'd be curious to hear who you consider journalists in this regard if you wanted to post them

TNT Radio Live and UK Column are my standard new sources these days - TNT is very free speech and has commentary from all sides of the debate - Patrick Henningson and Basil Valentine are two of the best commentators on global events I’ve listened to recently and I don’t agree with them all on everything - Misty Winston is a great Assange activist journo from the US and so on

Tucker Carlson is controlled oppo I think - at least he is according to Dr Shiva

I think you are over trivialising the problem with Nazis in the Ukraine there - for sure most people are just ordinary folk getting on with their lives and Ukrainian people are lovely and the women are also nymphomaniacs (I know because I lived with one once)

But so are Russian people - we have been conditioned by the media and Hollywood to hate Russians all our lives and fear them - but the reality I think is quite different that Russia is by and large a far less unhinged nation than the west is acting right now

Russians have been persecuted since 2014 when the US installed their puppet government prior to the comedy actor Zelensky - how is this not a serious, ongoing matter that shouldn’t require eventually some intervention from Russia? I don’t I agree with war full stop I’m hardcore pacifist on that but AT LEAST Putin has done his best to minimise casualties and has remained extremely level headed throughout all this unlike our leaders - he is willing to negotiate for peace and it was Boris Johnson who conspired against a peace deal early on in the conflict! WE blew up the Nord Stream (see Seymour Hersch Pulitzer prize winning journalist’s detailed breakdown of that on Subsatck) then the reservoir then the bridge - it was us! The US and UK and probably Israel was involved too because the Nord Stream was blown up to stop Russia selling gas to Europe - meanwhile Israel is drawing up gas contracts to be our new supplier and now what are we doing? Committing a holocaust against 2.2 million people in Gaza in the most sadistic and barbaric way because there is oil and gas there - can you honestly not see which side in this is by far the most belligerent?

The US and Israel are attacking the entire west now after already committing gencoide in many different countries for decades - we are under attack by dangerous people who have captured and are controlling our governments - they ARE going to take us to WW3 unless we stop them this is not hyperbole!

quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

A few things- going on about Ukrainian Nazi thing sounds like a Russian excuse to keep Putins Nazi like war going on. Yes- it's a problem but most of Ukraine is not nazi at all and I'd wager the opposite. They even have a Jewish president. Worth reiterating again- Putin seems to be the most Hitler like person in high power today by his behavior and propaganda.

Julian Assange- yeah the government is screwing him over. But that was also true under Mr Maga so....

I'd imagine with journalists you might be referring to more right wing commentator conspiracy types but I'd be curious to hear who you consider journalists in this regard if you wanted to post them

TNT Radio Live and UK Column are my standard new sources these days - TNT is very free speech and has commentary from all sides of the debate - Patrick Henningson and Basil Valentine are two of the best commentators on global events I’ve listened to recently and I don’t agree with them all on everything - Misty Winston is a great Assange activist journo from the US and so on

Tucker Carlson is controlled oppo I think - at least he is according to Dr Shiva

I think you are over trivialising the problem with Nazis in the Ukraine there - for sure most people are just ordinary folk getting on with their lives and Ukrainian people are lovely and the women are also nymphomaniacs (I know because I lived with one once)

But so are Russian people - we have been conditioned by the media and Hollywood to hate Russians all our lives and fear them - but the reality I think is quite different that Russia is by and large a far less unhinged nation than the west is acting right now

Russians have been persecuted since 2014 when the US installed their puppet government prior to the comedy actor Zelensky - how is this not a serious, ongoing matter that shouldn’t require eventually some intervention from Russia? I don’t I agree with war full stop I’m hardcore pacifist on that but AT LEAST Putin has done his best to minimise casualties and has remained extremely level headed throughout all this unlike our leaders - he is willing to negotiate for peace and it was Boris Johnson who conspired against a peace deal early on in the conflict! WE blew up the Nord Stream (see Seymour Hersch Pulitzer prize winning journalist’s detailed breakdown of that on Subsatck) then the reservoir then the bridge - it was us! The US and UK and probably Israel was involved too because the Nord Stream was blown up to stop Russia selling gas to Europe - meanwhile Israel is drawing up gas contracts to be our new supplier and now what are we doing? Committing a holocaust against 2.2 million people in Gaza in the most sadistic and barbaric way because there is oil and gas there - can you honestly not see which side in this is by far the most belligerent?

The US and Israel are attacking the entire west now after already committing gencoide in many different countries for decades - we are under attack by dangerous people who have captured and are controlling our governments - they ARE going to take us to WW3 unless we stop them this is not hyperbole!

You are simply stating well-established facts. NS attack by US might not be established yet, but it is obvious. Why would the german governemnt continue to decline to comment on its investigations by officially saying "the conclsuions could hurt one of our allys"? In short, I agree with everything you say except the O&G reasoning in Gaza. his is maybe one reason, but there are many more - settler & colonialism ideology to create Greater Israel, Netanahyu simply wants to stay in power, and some more.

I mean, the facts about all the events are still open, and anyone interested can do his/her own research. Only because reasonable people both in the West and East are censored in the mainstream media, it does not mean that the relentless propaganda we hear in the West is any jota more true.

If people don't wnat to take the effort to read non-Transatlantic-aligned news outlets, you can still see your own western people like Mearsheimer and Sachs.

Greetings from Europe, where we are more directly effected by all the US/UK-led and EU-supported global mayhem and chaos then people in the US, being protected by two oceans.

Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2024 :  08:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course people are free to think what they want. I think the frustration is that this is a Pixies/Frank Black forum where for years now numerous threads in the music sections end up in long digressions and arguments on various deep-web/populist political narratives: the "new world order", anti-vax/COVID denialism, pro-Russian talking points, etc. I've certainly fanned the flames by arguing against these narratives, which I'm hopefully now done with. These are all highly charged issues that members can understandably have difficulty biting their tongue on when they inevitably re-appear every few threads (admittedly, I see how they are more relevant to this thread since Paz may have been fired for potentially sharing such politics).

(For what its worth, I do read non-Transatlantic aligned new outlets, the realists you mention, as well as leading thinkers of the European and Eurasian New Right (Dugin, Alain de Benoist, etc), but I do so very skeptically.)
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2024 :  12:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I also think that music/fan forums are not the best place for discussing politics. Having said this,I however also feel that we have less and less chance to exchange views in places where it should be possible (forums of news outlets, real and virtual public spaces in general) - it is all so heavily censored (meaning not being published) if one humbly questions the propaganda for the status quo. So it is also somewhat natural that those discussions find other places. I have been around for some time, and I honestly think from my experience that censorship in the public discourse, be it self-censorship, directly ommanded censorship, or censorship by herd-mentality, has increased tremendously in our "free" world within the last 5 years or so.

Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
183 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2024 :  14:04:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is an Off Topic section with a General Chat forum and political discussions unrelated to the band should happen over there. Perhaps the moderators could make a more formal announcement and begin enforcing that rule if people aren't staying on topic.

In the case of this thread, the deviation into politics is somewhat forgivable because Paz's departure was political in nature -- at the same time, once the door opens for political discussion it can get out of hand and pollute the thread, which has happened in this thread. Minor off-topic discussions do not sully a thread in the same way that off-topic posts about politics do. I think most of us would agree that politics is uniquely noxious.

Out of respect for everyone else who reads and posts on this forum we should all try to stay on topic. Those who wish to inhale and exhale noxious fumes should be free to do so in the General Chat forum. Times are crazy and tolerating such discussion is a kindness we should extend to one another - so long as that chatter is done in its proper place.

Edited by - tamefan on 05/01/2024 14:31:13
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2024 :  15:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen tamefan. Staying judiciously on topic you can see an official photo of the new line up on Pixies instagram. Also here

https://www.picuki.com/media/3347636932610218112
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000