Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

3057 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  02:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That makes me wonder if the artwork of the Impatient single is the new album cover
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
880 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  06:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oddball

This makes the logic of going with a double A-side with no mention of an upcoming album containing one of the two tracks all the more perplexing. Is Halloween too far out in advance of the release for the band not to have made any formal announcement about it, beyond what was mentioned in David's interview? Any ideas on when we can expect an album title/more details?
-oddball

I was surprised to see it on the album as well, as I thought (hoped) it was a one off like Human Crime. I put them in the same category of songs that are fine, but not worthy of album single status at all.

I would imagine more info is coming very soon, as I found a ton online. I’m not sure how I’d feel about leaking it all before the band does, tbh. I can message people here separately if you really want the details early.

Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

3057 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  06:59:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by natenate101

quote:

This makes the logic of going with a double A-side with no mention of an upcoming album containing one of the two tracks all the more perplexing. Is Halloween too far out in advance of the release for the band not to have made any formal announcement about it, beyond what was mentioned in David's interview? Any ideas on when we can expect an album title/more details?
-oddball

I was surprised to see it on the album as well, as I thought (hoped) it was a one off like Human Crime. I put them in the same category of songs that are fine, but not worthy of album single status at all.

I would imagine more info is coming very soon, as I found a ton online. I’m not sure how I’d feel about leaking it all before the band does, tbh. I can message people here separately if you really want the details early.

I think this forum is for the 15 people on earth who want as much information as possible

I would vote post it but I defer to your discretion and the will of the voters
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
880 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  07:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

quote:

quote:

-oddball

I think this forum is for the 15 people on earth who want as much information as possible

I would vote post it but I defer to your discretion and the will of the voters

I’m more concerned about those who take info from here and post it in the FB group. There are a lot more folks there including people actually involved with the band in one way or another.
Go to Top of Page

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  08:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In what corner might one find this info floating around
Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
242 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  10:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I can't find anything either, but that's probably due to my crappy internet research skills.
-oddball
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1100 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  11:47:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going by the artwork for the You're So Impatient vinyl I will double down on the next album title being Kings of the Prairie
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2447 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  13:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Going by the artwork for the You're So Impatient vinyl I will double down on the next album title being Kings of the Prairie

I was expecting the album announcement to tie in with the single release, but perhaps they've been waiting until the end of these tour dates for some reason. Everything seems ready to go.

The lyrics/theme of one song hark back to something from the latter FB era.

Edited by - Ziggy on 07/01/2024 13:40:18
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
880 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  16:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

That’s not it. I was surprised by what they went with when I read it. Not a typical Pixies album title, to be sure.

Also, recorded at Guilford as we know with Emma credited on all Bass parts. No mention of Paz.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2447 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  17:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

That’s not it. I was surprised by what they went with when I read it. Not a typical Pixies album title, to be sure.

Also, recorded at Guilford as we know with Emma credited on all Bass parts. No mention of Paz.

With a reference to it being autumn time too. A couple of Joey co-writes again, as spotted from the BMI listings further up the thread.
Go to Top of Page

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  21:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like these little snippets....how many tracks in all?
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1100 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2024 :  00:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Interesting! Thanks for sharing
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1100 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2024 :  12:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

quote:

I was expecting the album announcement to tie in with the single release, but perhaps they've been waiting until the end of these tour dates for some reason. Everything seems ready to go.

The lyrics/theme of one song hark back to something from the latter FB era.

I like the little references to his solo work like with Selkie Bride on St Nazaire.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6099 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2024 :  23:17:37  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Dude, teach me. I'm using all my OSINT skills and I came as far as the password protected Pixies-press release-portion of the PR firm they always use.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2024 :  23:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

Dude, teach me. I'm using all my OSINT skills and I came as far as the password protected Pixies-press release-portion of the PR firm they always use.

I think only the top level artist pages are password protected, not the individual pages. This combo of search terms might produce something...

Herfitz PR, Pixies and one of the song titles plus "Track-by-track", "Lyrics" or "Credits"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6099 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  00:04:26  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I already tried that, but only on my smartphone

Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  00:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do you use the hotmail address in your profile?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6099 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  00:14:33  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Active Duck

quote:

Do you use the hotmail address in your profile?

Still do!

Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1118 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  04:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think only the top level artist pages are password protected, not the individual pages. This combo of search terms might produce something...

Herfitz PR, Pixies and one of the song titles plus "Track-by-track", "Lyrics" or "Credits"

thank you!

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6099 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  05:03:36  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This works Yes. Proud of this forum. Still better than Facebook!

Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
880 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  05:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, that’s where I found the info. It wasn’t password protected previously so they know folks are looking for info. Just be cool about spreading it publicly so we can still access it in the future.

Not a fan of the title at all, and honestly looking through the lyrics and song descriptions I think it’ll be a very similar vibe to Doggerel. It’s the least excited I’ve been about a Pixies 2.0 release but hopefully BF’s songwriting takes a leap and we get inspired tunes this time around.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2447 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  06:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yup, that’s where I found the info. It wasn’t password protected previously so they know folks are looking for info. Just be cool about spreading it publicly so we can still access it in the future.

Not a fan of the title at all, and honestly looking through the lyrics and song descriptions I think it’ll be a very similar vibe to Doggerel. It’s the least excited I’ve been about a Pixies 2.0 release but hopefully BF’s songwriting takes a leap and we get inspired tunes this time around.

Agreed on the title. Still not as bad as 'Indie Cindy' though!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6099 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  06:29:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, My guess will be that this is Doggerel 2
And I really liked half of it, so.I'm not complaining

Gothic has been the buzz word since BTE
Cinematic was also a Doggerel-description

Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
880 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  06:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheScooper

I like these little snippets....how many tracks in all?

13 unless they make changes between now and then.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
950 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  06:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the tips. Not sure if this is too spoilery, but Rockfield Studios in Wales is one of the credited recording sites, so looks like something from those early aborted sessions made it.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1269 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  06:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ha that worked. Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6099 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  10:14:50  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

Thanks everyone for the tips. Not sure if this is too spoilery, but Rockfield Studios in Wales is one of the credited recording sites, so looks like something from those early aborted sessions made it.

FBF even mentions his tantrums in the track-by-track

Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

3057 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  10:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone tell me without telling me? Like maybe in code?
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
880 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  10:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Maybe that’s where Emma did her parts after Paz left?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6099 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  10:50:00  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Also possible

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6099 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  10:53:03  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Can someone tell me without telling me? Like maybe in code?

I tried but a DM didn't work
But you can find it by searching for one of the songs they played in the dressing room. You know, those social media posts.

One of those songs. Not Jane the Queen of Love, but...

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2447 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  11:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Also possible

There's a credit for Tom Dalgety's studio too, which is another possiblity for that 'additional' recording.

Reading the track by track yields interesting details about one song, inspired by the surroundings of Rockfield and nearby town. Know the area well and it's intriguing to see it interpreted through BF's eyes.
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1100 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  12:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lyrics on one of the new songs reminds me of Sister Isabel
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2024 :  01:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't had time to read the track by track properly yet but scanning through it the main thing that stuck with me was the word ditty being used to describe 3 of the songs. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6099 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2024 :  01:20:19  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I haven't had time to read the track by track properly yet but scanning through it the main thing that stuck with me was the word ditty being used to describe 3 of the songs. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.

Could go both ways!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000