Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  06:53:37  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the official place for discussion of the Pixies tribute CD. This includes signing up, talking about songs, questions, chatting about your progress, etc.

Here's the link to the details/track list:
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3115

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

Edited by - Cult_Of_Frank on 09/19/2003 07:21:07

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  07:17:47  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so have you got my e mail dean?

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  07:21:29  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You bet, check the track list at the link above.

Go to Top of Page

johnny_4_president
- FB Fan -

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  08:41:07  Show Profile  Visit johnny_4_president's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello there,
i'd like to sign up to cover cactus please,
thanks one million, this looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun.

-> Disponibile <-
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  08:50:10  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Consider yourself signed. It was a lot of fun last time around, I'm sure this will be the same.

You should check out the Paul Slavens cover of Cactus if you haven't yet...

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  09:27:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If someone has time again, since I'm stuck at work, I'd love to have some sort of idea on the distribtion of signups to albums (how many songs per album (b-sides = an album), what percentage of the album is being covered). Kind of like last time.

Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1994 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  09:28:14  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dean, did you get my email?
Anyway, I'll sign up here.

Avelimp - Blown Away
Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  09:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kirk - Wave of Mutilation

-Kirk
Go to Top of Page

obmeZ
- FB Fan -

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  09:50:12  Show Profile  Visit obmeZ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow...nice selection of tunes so far!
I already can't wait to hear it! I hope everybody
kicks it up a notch this time. With the level of creativity shown
on the last tribute, this one's gonna be wild.
Hey, not to give you guys more to do...but whatta you think about
putt'n a band photo next to the artist and track descrip. this time?
just a taught
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  10:55:43  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Holiday Son, I do remember that email, not sure why your track wasn't on the list, but it's there now. Kirk, you've also been added. I was pretty surprised that one didn't go sooner, but I'm happy that of the first 30 people so far there has been only ONE conflict meaning that everyone should be pretty excited about doing their songs and it should "kick it up a notch" for sure.

As for the band photo, put it on your website if you'd like - that should be good enough, I think. We don't want the credits to become too messy.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  12:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CoF - i'm debating changing mine to a loud rock version of "silver" (not unlike the wall of noise "666" the catholics played a few years ago) - is it taken yet?

-brian

- "I joined the Cult of Frank / And they tried to cut off my nuts and make me put on a blue jumpsuit"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  13:54:00  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, nope, not officially. Mike & I have been tossing around the idea of doing that one and had an "emergency jam session" last night to decide between that and Boom Chicka Boom, but we stuck to the latter. We may do it as a b-side, but it won't be in competition with yours. Short story: it's yours if you decide to change.

Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  14:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sign me up for dead por favor

"Who the Hell is Frank Black? / I'm just in it for the free beer"
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  14:16:48  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it to late for you to sign me up for "Letter to Memphis"?
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  17:12:22  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
great selection of tracks so far. I'm really looking forward to hearing boom chick a boom!

Go to Top of Page

Kingmob999
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  19:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im gonna start recording "motorway to roswell" this sundee, I'm gonna try to make it sound different from how I did "how you went so far" from the fb tribute (different recording process) maybe a less rockin approach. Im not sure, but I am absolutely gonna spend more than 2-3 hours on this one.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  20:58:25  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
king, I can't wait to hear your interpretation of Motorway, easily one of the best Pixies songs (simply beautiful). I loved your HYWSF (easily one of FB's best songs, and my fav off the tribute).

I just unpacked my 8 track the other day and I'm gonna give a go at some demos of Into the White. It's going to be a pretty straight-on cover with some extra additions to give it a (hopefully) bigger sound.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Did anyone else have to give up their first born?"
Go to Top of Page

jason_tsh
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  22:14:26  Show Profile  Visit jason_tsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd like to cover Distance Equals Rate Times Time.
It'd really suit my band THE SECRET HAIRDRESSER. There's a whole load of mp3s on our site www.thesecrethairdresser.tk but the most relevant song for you to check out is a new song called "it's not my problem" which is on the first page (just scroll down a bit) and we recorded it live at a practice recently.
Frank Black is playing 2 venues near me soon!!!!
I put on a weekly gig called Planet Beet www.planetbeet.tk and when I can't do sound I get my friend Lavar to do it. Coincedentally he also does sound at The Waterfront in Norwich, where Frank Black is playing soon. I've been trying to convince Lavar to somehow crowbar my band onto the bill, hehe...
Unfortunately I don't think the promoter person would be too happy.
Looking forward to this cover.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  22:31:12  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a shame:

http://www.title.tk/
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  01:50:54  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey...is Hangwire taken yet? If not I'll take that.

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

::edit:: haha, I didn't realize I was already on the tracklist. Thanks so much!

Edited by - TheCroutonFuton on 09/20/2003 01:57:52
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  02:41:55  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll look at this in the morning, it's almost 4 AM et je suis fatigue.

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  04:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, i wish i could take part in that!
but i can't, as i don't have access to a studio at the moment and i don't even have the time to organise a band of people to play with me.
oh well.

"In the Cult of Frank/it pays off to be an 'Irish Chick'"
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  04:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aargh! the rainbow cats shimmer! wow!

"In the Cult of Frank/it pays off to be an 'Irish Chick'"
Go to Top of Page

Kingmob999
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  05:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The secret hairdresser rocks.
Go to Top of Page

Kingmob999
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  05:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The secret hairdresser rocks.
Go to Top of Page

Kingmob999
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  05:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops. just woke up. back to bed I guess. 'night
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  06:35:31  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jason_tsh

It'd really suit my band THE SECRET HAIRDRESSER. There's a whole load of mp3s on our site www.thesecrethairdresser.tk

I've been hypnotised by that mieow, mieow mieow mieow mieow mieow song. It's really good. I shall be downloading more

Go to Top of Page

arthur.
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  07:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to make a cover of "Bird Dream Of The Olympus Mon" if it's ok.

arthur.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  10:13:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, I've updated the tracklist, so you all should be there now. Check it out and keep the signup coming.

Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  10:28:29  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm...Mine's probably going to suck, especially since I'm just using a 4-track. Oh well, I'll see what I can do, haha.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  11:04:35  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you checked out the Frank Black tribute album on the FTP site? Lots of that, including our track, was recorded with 4 track. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  11:24:34  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the whole album sounds great. It probably just sounds better because it was mastered well, haha. My version of Hangwire's gonna be a little slower than the Pixies' version. No drums in my version, though :(. My friend who plays drums has a sprained wrist, so I'm trying to make do with what I have. Maybe I can just find a nice drum loop, I doubt it though. Oh well, even if it is just guitars/bass...atleast it will be more original that way, haha.

Go to Top of Page

Rocket Boy
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  11:59:05  Show Profile  Visit Rocket Boy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
could i do velouria?
Go to Top of Page

jumponthetiger
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  12:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would really like to cover Motorway to Roswell, if that's ok. Thanks.

Davis
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  13:37:28  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You Still Ain't Me
Gigantic: The Collected Works of Mrs. John Murphy
I Got 'Yer Mind Right Friggin' Here Pal

Maybe I'll have something serious to suggest when COF opens the title thread....

The Cult of Frank: Now offering hourly rates for the sweatlodge
Go to Top of Page

poppy
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  14:22:19  Show Profile  Visit poppy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rob-- you better appreciate this !
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000