Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  06:00:16  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
(what does "bawdy" mean? I just want to be sure before posting my rant)

Denis

Your team sucks
Go to Top of Page

dayanara
* Dog in the Sand *

Australia
1811 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  06:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bawdy: adjective; offensive to accepted standards of decency.

i hate anyone who doesn't like me.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  19:40:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now d, there's only that kind of stuff if it involves miss violet.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  21:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daisy Girl

I think you're thinking kinky daisy, or are you saying Violet is bawdy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p61mD558egA
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  21:53:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,

did you used to skateboard? you have a few skating references in your songs (and another one on Elijah).. i was just curious

"I don't have any money to buy new clothes and if they paid me to get some I'd probably buy more hoodies." - Mark Wainfur
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  07:35:52  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think I know what you mean, but I have a feeling it comes across in an unintended way...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Go to Top of Page

edbanky
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
388 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  10:48:08  Show Profile  Visit edbanky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank, how is it to have the hearts of the children turn to their father?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Within us are the seeds for life or death depending on the environment we create for the Symprotit."
- Stephen Heuer
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  15:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

quote:

I think I know what you mean, but I have a feeling it comes across in an unintended way...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

thanks d, and sorry frank, i was meaning it in a sweet and innocent way and i was trying to stand up for violet. not like she needs standing up for because she doesn't. just being friendly not stupid like the way it came across.

i'm sorry
Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  23:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Charles,

I'm listening to your new record 2-3 times a day. The songs are slowly coming to me. It's cool when they hit- kinda like those early 90's "magic 3-D pictures" that were so popular. You stare at the damn things long enough, and finally you get it (minus the headache, of course). Another great bunch of songs and more great songwriting. Thank you.

So, I'm liking the new record more and more, and I'm so thankful you take the time to chat with us about stuff now and then, so I don't want this question to sound too pushy or anything like that because it just popped into my head. But, what kind of approach are you considering for the next (EDF?) record- as in live to 2, or more of a tracked production like your earlier solo efforts? Or, ?.

Go to Top of Page

mr.biscuitdoughhead
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  10:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bonedry

p.s. announcement is the greatest song of all time.

For a second there I thought you meant Public Service Announcement by The Bravery, instead of
"p.s, Announcement is the greatest song..." I was thinking "What does that have to do with anything?"
PSA is a good song though.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"It's like the earth is shaking, and what can you do? Nothing" -FB
Go to Top of Page

see you in tea
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  08:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CMKTIV:

Do you own any guns?

Why did you make Portland your home after you left LA?

I know you're a Mr. Show fan. Have you seen Arrested Development? If not, did you know that David Cross played a major character on the show, and Bob Odenkirk, John Ennis, Jerry Minor, and Jay Johnston all played small roles? By the way, if you haven't seen Arrested Development, I highly recommend getting the DVDs and watching them when you have time to kill on the tour bus. You'll be hooked after the first couple of episodes.
Go to Top of Page

jtanner
- FB Fan -

89 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  19:54:21  Show Profile  Visit jtanner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
frnck, i love this album! thank you.
Go to Top of Page

joeyrsl
- FB Fan -

11 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  14:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yo Frank and friends,

Always a pleasure hearing a new FB album. Been a fan for nearly 20 years now--time flies, eh? Anyway I dig what the dude was saying about the songs "coming to him." Frank Black albums seem to take form in the heart of the listener over time. At least for me, they slowly infect the brain and heart, like a very complicated virus oozing in with a sublime affect. Totally awesome. My current faves are "When your Poison Gets you," "Fare Thee Well," "Can't Crucify Yourself," "Sad Old World," "Don't Cry that way," man about five more beyond that but I don't need to babble. Ya'll know the man kicks ass, that's why you're here. I don't need to prove how damn good these new songs are, you know all about it. Anyway, thanks Frank, and thanks for moving to Eugene! (fellow citizen). How's dadhood goin?

JOE SCHMOE
Go to Top of Page

MissMaceo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  20:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,
you started what Greg Dulli, QOTSA and others came along and finished a little while later and I can't imagine anything more exciting than a collaboration on a Twilight Singers or Desert Sessions recording. Any chance/interest/comment? The closest I've seen is the Pixies bio/radio program Homme narrated.

except maybe you and david gilmour together heh

thanks for coming and holding court
R

This species has amused itself to death.
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  20:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fastman raiderman love to listen another frank black album double album at that.
great good stuff.
Go to Top of Page

backtorome
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  07:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,

Thanks for putting out Fastman Raiderman. I didn't really like Honeycomb last year. Too different from what i am used to. But I love Fastman Raiderman and it has helped me to appreciate Honeycomb. And Now I really like Honeycomb! I was afraid of the musical direction you might go into, and now I'm not. You have helped me to appreciate other music. Thanks

Alec
Go to Top of Page

ATBNG
- FB Fan -

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  21:10:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FB - I think Fastman Raiderman is outstanding and appreciate its breadth and depth. I'm really digging all the Massachusetts references as a lifelong Bostonian. Unfortunately, I won't get to see you at the Ratskeller, but the Beachcomber will do just fine.
Go to Top of Page

pearl
- FB Fan -

Croatia
35 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  11:31:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Mr.Black!!
I just wanted to say tnx for all the music you have done with the Pixies and the Catholics.I just love it!

I`ve just been to your Pixies gig here in Zagreb,Croatia and it was wonderful!
And I was wondering if you have considered doing a FB&The Catholics gig here in Croatia?
tnx

no sig...:-(

Edited by - pearl on 10/03/2006 13:24:13
Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  19:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stay where you are for a couple weeks, Frank. It's hot as the blazes back in the NW and all the popsicles are sold out.
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  11:32:43  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
:F:B:

did you get to meet MORRISSEY yet ???

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

mergzez7
- FB Fan -

France
166 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  16:10:21  Show Profile  Click to see mergzez7's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dear Mr Black

De do do do do de da da da
that's all i want to say to you

zez
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  20:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey frank,

fmrm is really growing on me. thanks for all the songs! and enjoy the family vacation this summer! sounds like it will be a blast.

so, like many others, i think you're a truly amazing songwriter. i really enjoyed broken face’s comments about st. francis dam disaster on one of the podcasts. i have a new found appreciation for that song after listening to brian's take on it. absolutely beautiful and well crafted song. it flows real nicely! so then I was reading the lyrics to the swimmer. another song that i really admire. i had read on the fb.forum that someone had suggested that maybe the song is about the folk singer gamble rogers who drowned off the coast of florida in 1991 trying to save a drowning man. a really tragic and sad story. any comments? if it is not about gamble, can you provide any info on the song? thanks.

http://www.gamblerogers.com/life/tributes.asp?doc=mackin
http://www.gamblerogers.com/
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11927

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Go to Top of Page

rickbob
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  19:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so Frank,
any chance you could prove the doubts wrong (its listed you will be there on this site but nowhere else) about the Atlanta show at our humble drive-in September 2nd? Dave Thomas and Reid Paley will be there along with (cough) Blue Oyster Cult and burlesque girls and herses...movies...and much more...see for yourself....

http://www.starlightdrivein.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main.events

it will be fun!
please? you asked for requests.
-Todd

Go to Top of Page

Heliotropic
- FB Fan -

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  13:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank,

What are your favorite books written by Ray Bradbury?

Edited by - Heliotropic on 07/27/2006 13:28:31
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  20:53:53  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank, off the wall question here, but I saw a random weird video of you and a couple of fake british cops that went through your cd collection and questioned you about it. I don't know how long ago that video was recorded, but in one of the first shots, your cd case is open to the Beach Boys album Smiley Smile. I've always dug that album. Did you get a chance to hear Brian Wilson's Smile? It's crazy how he went back to it after so many years and just wrapped it up. By the way, I'm loving the new album.

Edited by - johnnyribcage on 08/21/2006 06:55:22
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  18:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello frank,

thanks for making winnipeg part of the tour stop!

happy touring.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  15:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on a similar note... thanks for playing minny!!!! you're going to make a lot of people happy by playing the town. thanks again!!!
Go to Top of Page

mikaelp75
- FB Fan -

131 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  19:11:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank.

Thanks for the excellent FMRM. I can't think of a song I like more than Raider Man.

Any chance of a European tour? If not, how about a non-Pixies dvd?

Ever thought of covering (Roky Erickson's) If You Have Ghosts?
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  19:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
love the new dbl cd frank, there are so many great songs.

Edited by - danjersey on 08/11/2006 09:54:06
Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  19:17:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Charles,

Just wondering how you think things are going so far out on your flattop tour. That, and any other stuff you want to talk about. I'm pretty sure all of us would like to hear your personal take on the experience so far with the fam and all.

Loving that new record. I popped it in during a party we had at my house last night and everybody really liked it. One guy even called me today to remind him of it's title so he could go buy it. Great songs.
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  19:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey frank,

how's the family vacation? you've probably arrived in california by now. any plans to check out wally world?

Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  17:32:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank:

Just out of curiosity, did you name your first born after "Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts"?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"My name is Doug and I'm outta hhhhheeeere."
Go to Top of Page

sonicyoungster
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  13:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't it be real easy for him to prove he's actually Frank Black?
I mean, he could take a picture of himself holding up something random, like pack of coffee or something?
Pretty easy to place a link to it on the forum.
That would work, right?
Or, even better, send one to me!

By the way, I saw the Pixies at Lowlands festival and it was the best show I ever been to. I fully intended to scream along with every little line, but me and my friends've been singing the Pixies all weekend so when the show began my throat was as raw as...uhm... something else that's really really raw. I did manage to squeek along for a bit though.
Go to Top of Page

sonicyoungster
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  13:45:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and one question. Is Into the white going to get tabbed soon?
All I can find are either incomplete or faulty ones. I know the song is real easy, but I'm not much of a guitar player (yet!).
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  13:54:10  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's no question (not since page 2) that this is FB. It has been verified many times since then as well.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000