Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  06:28:57  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had to work in four hours and decided sleep was necessary, but really honoured to have FB come by and to somewhat indirectly work for him however I may. The site, podcasts, covers, and original music shall continue!

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  07:14:00  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank Black is a really nice guy.
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  08:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

quote:
Originally posted by BLT

I have but one question for you, Frank:

Molly Hatchet or Skynyrd?

HA. CAN'T I HAVE BOTH?

Heh heh. Rock on, Frank.
Go to Top of Page

astrosurfer
- FB Fan -

Italy
39 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  14:02:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

OK! I FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH YOUZ GUYZ. I ENJOYED IT. SORRY I WAS SO LATE (I FELL ASLEEP!).... SEE YOU ALL NEXT TIME. DIG THE SITE. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. LOVE THE PODCASTS. DIG THE ORIGINAL MUSIC AND COVERS FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

FB

thank to you

the little thing who does my laundry, speaks no english...
Go to Top of Page

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  15:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks cult of frank. i figured you probably were like fuck, i have to hit the hay!
i know that fmrm isn't out, but i'm getting stoked for the new new one with feldman. thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

al_most_me
- FB Fan -

Uruguay
21 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  15:58:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... no puedo dejar de ver las giras q hacen por alla "arriba" frank, una y otra vez por los mismos sitios y yo aca en Uruguay con mi "cinta" copiada de los pixies que escucho desde 5to de escuela ...
Cuando vas a venir? por aca sos un referente de la escena under!
take
a
look... www.fotolog.net/al_most_me

¡"·_"¡

www.fotolog.net/al_most_me

www.monteaudio.net
Go to Top of Page

al_most_me
- FB Fan -

Uruguay
21 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  16:02:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and again....

We need Pixies here in South America, i´m from Uruguay where pixies are a very importante band, a crucial band in our rock scene, we miss them, we all wish to see them live, we need more chances to see them, come on guys give as another opportunity!! pleeeeasee...
who is with me?

¡"·_"¡

www.fotolog.net/al_most_me

www.monteaudio.net
Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  17:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed the whole thing on purpose. I'm too cool to talk to my hero. (damn, fuck, shit!)

I have LeeAnn Tweeden's poop in my freezer.
Go to Top of Page

Someone
- FB Fan -

94 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  19:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont know if you addressed this but are you a member of the mars society? and what oher mars books can you recomend? still interested in the big man?
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  02:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To what El Rey does the song on the upcoming album refer? The coffee shop in Globe, AZ I've heard you mention on Jonathan L's radio show a few times??? Very curious.
Go to Top of Page

NSpannaus
- FB Fan -

32 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  19:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this isn't really a question, but I hope frank gets a chance to read this:

FRANK... PLEASE DON'T EVER BECOME A SCIENTOLOGIST!!!
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  06:32:39  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.dinofish.com/ Hey Frank if you have time check out this site about the "Coelacanth" the living fossil fish.Maybe you can write a song about it and help the conservation efforts for the species.
Go to Top of Page

backtorome
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  08:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank,

Did i hear correctly that your mother was "very religious"?
Because if she prayed to God that He would bless your music and use it somehow to glorify Him. Then He has done it! Your music has blessed me more then any other, christian or non-christian.

Praise God for your talent!

Alec
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  10:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

Nice of Frank to pop buy.

Don't you mean to buy pop?

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  10:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank!
I just found out that there is a Charles Thompson Bridge in
Hickman County in Tennessee (where I work). Just thought I'd
share that with you!
Go to Top of Page

jtanner
- FB Fan -

89 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  11:23:22  Show Profile  Visit jtanner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The New Bolero

To what El Rey does the song on the upcoming album refer? The coffee shop in Globe, AZ I've heard you mention on Jonathan L's radio show a few times??? Very curious.

I don't purport to be frnck blck, but it's definitely referring to the Globe, AZ place. See frnck's lyrics link http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15672

Perhaps my inquiry helped inspire him to write the song. See link, top of the page... http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3015&whichpage=30
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  10:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for stopping in Frank, it's always a treat!!! Glad to hear you and the fam are doing well.
Go to Top of Page

Team Zissou
- FB Fan -

South Africa
6 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  11:08:30  Show Profile  Visit Team Zissou's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unbelievable. Frank posts here?

jtanner, that's pretty cool that you got Frank to write a song!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  18:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, dude!! Go Team Zissou!!

Yes, Frank does indeed post here.

pas de dutchie!

Edited by - Carl on 03/25/2006 18:18:35
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  04:50:38  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

OK! I FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH YOUZ GUYZ. I ENJOYED IT. SORRY I WAS SO LATE (I FELL ASLEEP!).... SEE YOU ALL NEXT TIME. DIG THE SITE. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. LOVE THE PODCASTS. DIG THE ORIGINAL MUSIC AND COVERS FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

FB

Holy shit! I must be dreaming!
*fell down in a faint*

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

Team Zissou
- FB Fan -

South Africa
6 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  06:19:20  Show Profile  Visit Team Zissou's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carl. Go Team Zissou!

I still can't believe that is Frank!
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  07:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Question for Frank: have you seen the video I made for Brackish Boy?
it's here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rYiuy5PST3E
I hope you don't mind I've made it public on this site.
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  08:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by backtorome

Hi Frank,

Did i hear correctly that your mother was "very religious"?
Because if she prayed to God that He would bless your music and use it somehow to glorify Him. Then He has done it! Your music has blessed me more then any other, christian or non-christian.

Praise God for your talent!

Alec

I find this attitude a little bit patronising, maybe Frank rocks because he works hard at it not because it's some god given gift, its fine if you choose to be religious but don't you think that approaching things from this angle takes away credit from and belittles humanity? But anyway at the end of the day it's great that people enjoy his music regardless, I'm not trying to start a debate here.

“Not since Orson Welles had one man so many fingers in so many pies, and been the chef as well. And then looked like he went and ate them all. The guy was out of control.”
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  11:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stop trying to start a debate here, MMD!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

jenoxies
- FB Fan -

France
12 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  00:23:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, it's my birthday today (the 1st of April) I don't know in USA but in France it's the joke's day. But it's really my birthday. And my mother who only knows where is my mind (thanks to AOL) offered me honeycomb. I'm quite surprised. I'm actually listening this and I think to myself is it possible to see you in France in solo or anywhere else in France. I have seen the pixies twice but never you alone. I have another question. What do you use in concert for acoustic guitar please?

Thanks for your music
Thanks for all
Thanks for reading me
Prenez soin de vous
And have a nice day

Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  10:17:01  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We call it April Fool's Day here.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  10:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year on April Fools Day my French teacher told me that in France they call it 'Avril poisson' day (or something like that). Now I know (or at least think) that poisson means fish. So, is there any truth in the French calling it 'April fish day', or was she just trying to fool me?

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  10:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have no special name for the day - we call it the 1st of April -, but pranks you play on that day are indeed called "poisson d'avril" (April fish). I have no idea why this day is associated to fish here. A popular gag among kids involves sticking a paper fish to the back of unsuspecting people.

The experts they file in by the roomful / Watching him dying young

free music
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, my teacher was walking round the class sticking paper fish to pupils backs without them knowing, which I thought was rather strange at the time.

Y'know what? I've just realised that I actually miss doing French lessons at school!

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:22:54  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I always wondered about that: why do some english kids chose to learn French at school? I mean, instead of Spanish or German for instance. Are they many?

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At my old school you would learn either French or German (but didn't have a choice in which one). But I know some people at my college who did Spanish when they were at school, so I guess it just depends entirely on what the school chooses to teach.
But I suppose I would rather have done Spanish had it been an option.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  12:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm I seem to remember being told a long time ago that the way April fools day (Avril trompe jour?) started was that people would stick actual fish to each others backs.

“Not since Orson Welles had one man so many fingers in so many pies, and been the chef as well. And then looked like he went and ate them all. The guy was out of control.”
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  13:05:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that would be alot more fun!

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

candle
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  16:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
I always wondered about that: why do some english kids chose to learn French at school? I mean, instead of Spanish or German for instance. Are they many?

I think the usual thing (back when a language was compulsory) was for everyone to do French until 10th grade, and then to choose to continue and/or to do another language (at my school, German or Italian - no Spanish). French for English kids is like Spanish for American kids, so most people learn it. Why? Geographical reasons, I guess. And it's not like French is this obscure unimportant language.

On topic, anyway: hey Frank, was I wrong about the links between the songs (on page 40)? If not - well, I may not be in Oregon for much longer...!

And I remember that someone here is an Evil Superstars fan, but (hey Frank, again) do you know dEUS? I know there's an Eric Drew Feldman connection, at least.

I just love being able to write "hey, Frank".
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  10:06:58  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Most of the kids in my school took Spanish, but I took German. I always have to be different.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000