Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  11:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IF YOUR POISON GETS YOU (frank black)

We heard it all/in halls of pain/it wasn’t good/There was a call /in baggage claim/it wasn’t good/She had a hunch/it wasn’t lunch/it wasn’t good/They drove a spike /into the punch/it wasn’t good/Heaven’s boys protect you/I am almost there/If your poison gets you/I will be on time/If you sink to madness/Say a little prayer/If your poison gets you/I am down the line/Now once again/to halls of pain/when will it end?/God’s machines/say its your genes/when will it end?/Why hast thou/forsaken me/again and again?/You always said/“When will it end?”/when will it end?

JOHNNY BARLEYCORN (frank black)

Have you been to the fields?/Something there made me aftraid/Like dying younger/If the ground never yields/We will feel the hunger/Take him out with the seeds/Roll him on the barren ground/Mix blood and water/Do not doubt our every need/She will feed/look what we got her/Clear the way for Johnny Barleycorn/This is the day that surely he will be reborn/Bring down the blade on Johnny/He shall be the one that will be torn/Ringing out the new year/Sing out the names of the dead/Like Johnny Barleycorn/Give him a cheer/Hey/ Can you hear the newborn?

FAST MAN (frank black)

Someone said I should leave/Shook my head/No no no/Tangled web that we weave/So I said/I will go/I’m a fast man/I go a thousand miles ‘fore I get me to sleep/You think I exaggerating, baby? That ain’t nothing to me/See me I’m gunning it just as fast as I can/I’m a fast man/Though I am such a fool/If I can I’ll be driving to the end/Here i am in Ullapool/I haven’t a plan/Just to turn me round again/I’m a fast man/Here I am, here I am,/I’m just lost again, everyday/Here I am outside Cheyenne/Trying to get back to sleep/Under the stars/Scenic view after dark/Full of fret as I weep/Listening to cars as they pull in for a park/In Cheyenne

YOU CAN’T CRUCIFY YOURSELF (frank black)

While I sit and think of another song that we can sing/You can fret and think of another wrong I did bring/And I can’t move the sun, babe, to make you shine/
I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine/I think I’ll close my eyes while you snap/Where’s my map? I think I’ll go/And did you know?/You can’t crucify yourself/No, that takes two/Maybe you could use some help/And if you do/just say you do/Every pickle comes from cucumber/You don’t have to act appalled/Where’s my door and where is my number/I’m lost in these halls
And I’m not saying I don’t like your carrion/But your preacher’s pride is just like Marion/And when I felled a bird then you’d laugh at your half that you let rot/now, doll, here’s thought/You can’t crucify yourself

WANDERLUST (frank black)

When the wheels hit the road/When cryin’ mode makes you feel on the brink/Tis of you that I think/When the plane takes me far/And you are going insane/So it seems/Tis of you that I dream/When the ship leaves the bay/And you stay in the slip/Far behind/It is you on my mind/When the train takes me far/And you are going insane/Like your caught/You’re in my every thought/When my shoes start to walk/And you’re knocked out and blue/It is you that I love/It is you

SEVEN DAYS (frank black)

Seven days will get you there/Seven plates of bone/I won’t pray to get me there/Get there on my own/Goin’ yonder where I was born/The place where I was partly raised/Have you been to Boston Town/The place where I was born?/Seven days will get you there/Seven plains of corn/Lord knows I’ve been all around/Roaming all around these plains/On my way back home from seven years/In seven days/Seven winters blown like seven players/Who had no cheer/
Seven summers grown the seven ways to all my tears/On my way back home from seven years in seven days

RAIDERMAN (frank black)

All my life I’ve been digging Polish black coal/It wasn’t much but you know I could play that role/They laid me off and so I kept my pail/And now I wait in bushes down by the rail/Raiderman/got no choice about it/Raiderman/jumping up, there on it/Raiderman/gonna take a little bit now/They hired me back and traded my pail for a stick/And now I chase the ones with a pail and a brick/I chased my cousin, it wasn’t no big deal/I lost my legs when I slipped beneath the coal train wheel/My cousin tries to put something in my bowl/And now I wish I never left that darkened hole

THE END OF THE SUMMER (frank black)

A house is made of mortar and wood/Yet sinks in the mud to decay/A house becomes a ghost in the heart/Of those who have gone far away/A town is born of silver and stone/And beaten to sand by the tide/A town becomes a mark on the soul/Of those who will cross that divide/Come unto me, we’ll lie in the grass/We won’t be ashamed/Summer will pass/Felling a tree to hide from the wild/Weaving the reeds to cover our child/Save me/The ghost in my heart/Save me/The mark on my soul/Save me/The end of the summer/Save me/I’m not feeling whole/A clan is made of marriage and blood/The jourmey is our only prize/And if a clan is rent into two/You still have her lips and his eyes
This place is made of water and rock/Yet burns in the pyre of the star/My love for you is stronger than that/I’ll find you wherever you are/A house is made of wood/A town is born of stone/A clan is made of blood

DOG SLEEP (frank black/reid paley)

You took me down into the valley/I didn’t know you were so deep/You left me standing at the river every time/Now I’m gettting that dog sleep/But I could not leave/I’m getting that dog sleep/But I could not leave/Every day I look around/Then I put my head back down/I’m living on dog sleep/But I could not leave/I’m living on horse meat/But I could not win/I’m living on horse meat/But I could not win/Every day I’m back in town/Then I’m walking around and around/I’m living on horse meat/But I could not win/Little bird, come shine to meet me/Come out from beneath your wing/Let me hear you sing/Turn around, light up the morning/Little bird, where have you been/Every little thing/Let me hear you sing

WHEN THE PAINT GROWS DARKER STILL (frank black)

I am just a weary singer/Moving through this world of ills/Hark the choir of predecessors/When the paint grows darker still/Once I found a golden trumpet/In the mash of an old landfill/Now I play for the spirits/When the paint grows darker still/Winter waited in my garden/When the sun did refuse to shine/Honey bees all in a slumber/Skies filled up the sea/Falling down on me/See his eyes turn to stain glass/Head to toe in a black road kill/Here I am for your judgement/When the paint grows darker still

I’M NOT DEAD (I’M IN PITTSBURGH) (frank black/reid paley)

I don’t want you to worry, i’m okay/Just didn’t want you seeing me this way/We tried to talk about it but we didn’t understand/We never really talked much, anyway/I finally found a place all my own/A place where all good sinners can get stoned/I’ll keep my holy vision, you keep your stupid pride/you said I couldn’t make it on my own/But I’m not dead, i’m in Pittsburgh/And now I can’t get out of town/I’m not dead I’m in Pittsburgh/They got me all strung up, come cut me down
Like the weeds in all the cracks/All my memories come back/Like some Alleghenny smack in the face/Its all just one big monkey house to me/Just living ain’t the same as being free/Don’t stop and think about it, it’ll only make you sad/Come put me out my misery/Cuz I’m not dead, I’m in Pittsburgh/Where a man can lose his mind/I’m not dead, i’m in Pittsburgh/They got me suited up for crazy times

GOLDEN SHORE (frank black/reid paley)

So long I’ve been abiding in dark before the dawn/Come a time to even up the score/You can meet me in the morning/I’ll drink you in like wine/I ain’t never gonna see you anymore/Anymore, anymore/I ain’t never gonna be here anymore/You can meet me in the morning/I’ll drink you in like wine/I ain’t never gonna see you anymore/You know that time’s a-wasting/The sun is very high/I need to find a way to heaven’s door/You can hear me when you’re sleeping/I’ll be whistling in the wind/I’ll see you on that distant golden shore/Golden shore, golden shore/I’ll see you on that distant golden shore/Can you hear me when you’re sleeping?/I’ll be whistling in the wind/I’ll see you on that distant golden shore

IN THE TIME OF MY RUIN (frank black)

In the time of my ruin/At the museum I met a curator/She was so nice, I thought I would date her/I was a hawk and I just flew in/In the time of my ruin/I did not know you would be created/Now every day I am elated/Cuz you never know what is brewing/Some pain is good/Sometimes its good to be blind/Some pain feels good/That’s the pain that’s just the right kind/You didn’t know I was a shoe-in/And you didn’t know it was my hour/And you didn’t know that I had the power/In the time of my ruin/They’re caving in the roof/It is falling all around/The floor is going, too/Soon I will be falling on down

DOWN TO YOU (frank black/reid paley)

I took your hand/The world was young/Now you’re the smoke/And I’m the lung/The sea was full/It’s empty now/And there you were/I don’t know how/It’s so sad, it’s so sad/It’s too bad we bought this/It’s down to you/It’s down to you/It’s down to you/and though its not true, it’s down to you/It was raining like the end of the world/under covers we were children curled/Or were we ancients who bumped our heads and never got out of bed?/Tell me, baby, everything I know/Its not as if we have another place to go/You told me once and you told me real nice/This is paradise/It’s down to you/Sure as I’m blue, it’s down to you

HIGHWAY TO LOWDOWN (frank black)

Well me and my friend we walked to the split/Then I headed on home and he headed outbound/I didn’t listen to him/But you can take it from Jim/It’s a highway/It’s a highway/Highway to lowdown/If you’re tired, why don’t you just go to sleep/and if you’re wired I’ll be your brother, you can be my keep/And all these fires, Jim, they just keep following you around/You can’t get found if you’re anything like my good friend James/He wasn’t even underground, I think he was playing all them faster games/I bet you can’t slow down/You’ll be a running man while you pray/Its a highway/Some call it a road and some call it a street/Well say what you will, it leads right out of town/To a desolate land/It will mess up your plans/It’s a highway to lowdown

KISS MY RING (frank black)

If you knew what I’ve forsaken/Have you seen me in my gown?/Heavy head that wears the crown/Spilled my seed upon the ground/Go tell on the mountain/If you think I’m mistaken/Bathe here in the fountain/With the accountant/Kiss my ring/I am the greatest/Kiss my ring/Now let it linger/Kiss my ring/Now here’s the latest/Kiss my ring/The magic finger

MY TERRIBLE WAYS (frank black)

My terrible ways/they got me in jail/Where some did succeed/I always did fail/But I thought I was fine to wait for the day/When I’d paid for my terrible ways/My terrible ways/They came to and end/when a mighty deluge freed the criminal men/But I stayed in Mississippi/and three souls I saved/and so ended my terrible ways/Terrible ways, terrible ways/sooner or later a criminal pays/And I’ll never have enough, enough/to pay this off/My terrible ways/the govenor forgave/on account of three souls and account of the wave/that took my wife and baby and swept them away/all ‘cause of my terrible ways/Terrible ways, terrible ways/sooner or later I know I’m going to pay/And I’ll never have enough, enough/to pay this off

FITZGERALD (frank black)

It’s sad to see your art hanging on the wall/So many pictures there/Yours the best of all/I like the Indian/The one in ballpoint ink/In ancient Massachusettes long before you called/You traded him and many others for a drink/You fingers thick from hammers/Well it really makes you think/And then my father would fill your glass so tall/When I was a kid I gophered in your crew/Always a kind word/and you showed me what to do/and living hammered, well its always hit or miss/but through your cigarette-stained beard/your love rang true/And tho’ you are so loved it had to come to this/You got shut off because you always stink of piss/And now you drink someplace where no one bothers you/Oh, Fitzy

ELIJAH (frank black)

Wish I was back there in New England/playing in dirt behind the bar/our shouting voices intermingling with “Little Little Willy” from the car/On the raft down in the harbor/trying to push eachother in/Waving hi to all the fisher boys/going to deep-sea with their kin/Better go see Elijah/Cuz he’s my only friend/Yeah, there’s only us two/It’s just us in the end/Better go see Elijah/got nothing to say/but I know that’s okay/Go see him now,/go see him now/what’s that you say?/On the bus down to Redondo/we’ve got enough for single fare/skating back down to the condos/breathing in that dirty air/Well you were right to never go back/if I had only done the same/Too many years I kept on trying to win that California game/Wish I was back there in New England /playing in dirt behind the bar/I hear our voices intermingling with “Little Little Willy” from the car/On the cliffs above the Blue Coast/was that the last time we were free?/and where has everybody gone to?/or was it only you and me?/Better go see Elijah/I got something to say

IT’S JUST NOT YOUR MOMENT (frank black)

We danced down on the sand/Was least a million bands/There was something about the light/From the fires on the shore/to Darin at the Troubador/holding us in his hand that night/It’s just not your moment/cuz that moment is gone/it’s just not your moment/now the light has moved on/The smell of heaven sent/was everywhere you went/but sweet blues went straight to hell/Goodbye my go-go girls/my aggravation pearls/hear the echo in the shell/This is just not your moment/I hear Paris is now/it’s just not your moment/We’re all criminals now/The last time that we kissed/how you say, en parlance/you won’t be sorely missed, no/Gun to my head, got to get moving

THE REAL EL REY (frank black)

We made the scene/at the real El Rey/or so they say/so many claimed to be king/i’m going back to Manchester England/I’m gonna learn me to sing/but I’ll beware out there/on the English moor/where so many claim to be king/I’m gonna be the king/I’m going down there to Globe-Miami/I’m going up on the heaps of slag/cuz a bottle of cold Bohemia/that’s the best water I ever had

WHERE THE WIND IS GOING (frank black)

I don’t have time for your tears/it’s kinda hard to explain/I got a bird in my brain/I got a dog in my ear/I could be gone for a year/Where the wind is going/Indiana or Spain/Where the wind is going/I cannot get in that line/get to my suffering on time/I hear the whistling outside/I think you think its a witch/she’ll be scratching my itch/she’ll be brushing my hide/I think I’ll go for a ride/Through the barleycorn/through the rows of places I was born/into Babel’s maze/in that dark design/where the neon red of exit signs/leads my simple gaze/Down that river side/where from loneliness I often died/and so many times I will be raised

HOLLAND TOWN (frank black)

I used to see you at the Ratskellar/sarcasm of a young feller/tall and mean between the pillars/before you drowned/in a Holland town/you were still the muscle man/when I saw you in a nether land/alcohol and speed were friends/you cycled around in a Holland town/the old pea coat is loose upon your frame/your handshake is strong but you look so short/and your face distorts/you speak no more of someone to blame/was it here below the sea leve/you set adrift your rock and roll/and you got on the dole/you lost your love to some clever devil?/I’m sorry to hear about your sister/she went to far down in the drain/she was trying to dull her pain/the North Sea now is so full of twisters/I want to see you at the Royal Al/I want to see you with some different pals/Don’t want to see you in a Holland town/Don’t want to see you in a Holland town

SAD OLD WORLD (frank black)

I know something about true love/I know something/It’s the kind of thing that you screw up/over some dumb thing/I don’t know anyone who doesn’t try to give it a whirl/you better hang on/cuz its a sad old world/cuz its a sad old world/don’t try to tell me its gonna be alright/I know something about sickness/I know something about that now/there’s nothing you can do except witness/no there’s nothing you can do/and when the petals on the flower start to curl/well you better hang on, now,/ you better hang on/cuz its a sad old world/cuz its a sad old world

DON’T CRY THAT WAY (frank black)

Years flew away/I saw her standing there/our last parking lot/cuz we didn’t have a prayer/liquid roses trying to confess/don’t cry that way, don’t cry that way/little girl I feel so helpless/The city far below/I let a river pour/in our corner room of glass/we had a sad contest/beneath your skin you found two rivers more/don’t cry that way/Do they know as they fight their way upstream/have they a reason to know why?/here we go into the analyzer’s dream/and when we get there do we die?/Hey brother count the ways that I am blessed/but I am cursed with your image as a child/silently like chicklets in the wild/don’t cry that way, don’t cry that way/little boy I feel so helpless

Edited by - frnck blck on 03/22/2006 11:44:09

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  11:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw, bless! Thank you Mr.B!

I'm Not Dead (I'm In Pittsburgh)-very Waitsean!

The album's not even out yet, but we got a whole set of lyrics to discuss!

pas de dutchie!

Edited by - Carl on 03/22/2006 12:04:38
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  11:30:22  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is great! thanks a lot!

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  11:32:36  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Charles - but its PittsburgH - the H is unique the Pittsburgh, and i feel i must represent the city of my college education well.

-Brian
Go to Top of Page

Garbonzia
- FB Fan -

France
53 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  11:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
see you soon in the new house of the pope!
thanks for the lyrics!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:01:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, this should make Tre very happy, thanks FB!

Golden Shore almost sounds like it's either the sequel to Coastline or about trying to be like Dylan.

Got some of these in the Song DB already... but this will help!

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

Thanks Charles - but its PittsburgH - the H is unique the Pittsburgh, and i feel i must represent the city of my college education well.

-Brian

Frank listens...

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:13:21  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oo/This reminds me of/4AD/Nice thread/Mr Black
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:15:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what an odd thing to do!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:16:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder if this means that there are no liner notes or lyrics in them?

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:19:27  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also, the lyrics of Johnny Barleycorn are some of my favourite... I just love songs with a good mythology.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reminds me of Skeleton Man...kind of a Children Of The Corn thing going on!!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:32:22  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's the first time in my life that I read the lyrics of an album before listening to it. It's quite an interesting concept.

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:43:28  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the DB link:
http://www.frankblack.net/songs/db3beta.asp?menu=album&mode=release-details&ReleaseID=787

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  14:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, certainly an unexpected treat! Thanks, Frank.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  16:46:20  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think it's the first time in my life that I read the lyrics of an album before listening to it.

I've done that many times, although I've rarely read all the carefully when I did. I think I'll hold off on reading these until I get the album, though. It's just not the same without the music.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  19:55:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bravo+
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5994 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  03:46:01  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
this is great, what a nice thing to do
reminds me of the lyrics of BLD and DW which were on the site
frankblacksuperstar.de before the albums were released

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  04:18:44  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Wow, this should make Tre very happy, thanks FB!

It really really does!

Thank you for taking the time, Frank.
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  04:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's brilliant.

If you wanted an idea for a tribute album, you could have suitably talented forum members putting those lyrics to music of their own composition. Be funny having it put together before the release of FM/RM.

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  04:36:28  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thnks frncks.

Since you don't mention the famous "Rabbits Song", I suspect it's an extra track for the French edition :)

-----
I joined the Cult of Le Cigaw Volanttt
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  04:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frank! When I saw the title of "The Real El Rey" I had this feeling that it was a reference to that Globe-Miami cafe you've spoken about on Jonathan L's radio program here in Arizona. Way to put it on the map--and distinguish it from those other wanna-be El Rey cafes that have sprung up in the area! Can't wait to hear the album.
Go to Top of Page

dayanara
* Dog in the Sand *

Australia
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  06:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

Have you been to Boston Town/The place where I was born?

heh. hehehe.

i hate anyone who doesn't like me.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  06:24:58  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I chuckled about that too. Floop probably still thinks he's right... :)

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  06:37:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a guy!
Hey...there are 25 songs listed here.
Doesn't FM/RM have 27 tracks?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  06:39:28  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe there are 26, but yeah, FM/RM has 27. Fare Thee Well is missing.

Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  06:45:34  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and Dirty Old Town. both covers.

Denis

I love Guitar Wolf from the Erath!
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  06:50:23  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gracias Frank for another great set of wonderful rhymes!!!Can't wait to hear the music down here in La Isla Del Encanto!!! First we got Horse's Lard now we are getting Horse's Meat'"I’m living on dog sleep/But I could not leave/I’m living on horse meat"!!!"I used to see you at the Ratskellar/sarcasm of a young feller"-Are you talking about the Rat the club in Boston? My older brother played there in the 90's and when I visited the place I just thought about the early days of the Pixies,Throwing Muses,Blake Babies etc and wished I had visited in that era.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  06:55:58  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As usual Frank's lyrics put me on search mode!!!!!-"Ullapool" is nestled on the shores of Lochbroom about 1 hour North of Loch Ness and Inverness airport. It is the perfect base to discover Ross-shire, Cromarty, Sutherland, The Black Isle and Inverness (where the nearest Air, Rail and Bus Links are). The Highlands of Scotland Tourist Board boasts some of the highest rates of repeat business in the country.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  08:02:05  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, continue to post things like that you find whilst in "Search mode". :) Helps out Tre, I'm sure, though she'll probably want to look it up for more info anyway...

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  08:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i believe "rabbit" is intended for the FB/EDF record...

-Brian
Go to Top of Page

Peter Walker
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  09:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

As usual Frank's lyrics put me on search mode!!!!!-"Ullapool" is nestled on the shores of Lochbroom about 1 hour North of Loch Ness and Inverness airport. It is the perfect base to discover Ross-shire, Cromarty, Sutherland, The Black Isle and Inverness (where the nearest Air, Rail and Bus Links are). The Highlands of Scotland Tourist Board boasts some of the highest rates of repeat business in the country.

Ah.... I remember him saying he'd been there in a radio interview with Jonathan Ross just before SMYT came out.

It's a lovely town, used to have a huge number of Russian fishing boats moored there, and some rather decent chippies....

And some good climbing, hence my having had a few weeks there.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  10:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I have that interview (thanks to Soren!). He performs Beautiful Day live in the studio.

It's fantastic to have all the lyrics in the song database already! Thanks again, Frank!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  12:40:52  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Uh-oh, looks like someone knows something... Please Brian, speak. Please. Or send me an email at least :)

-----
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  17:39:23  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Come'on now, how many artists would stop by and do this on their fan forums??? Yet another reason FB is THE MAN.

The Cult of Frank : Gimme Gimme Gimme...I Need Some More
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  17:49:33  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

quote:

Uh-oh, looks like someone knows something... Please Brian, speak. Please. Or send me an email at least :)

-----

I know nothing, for reals. I just figured that all non-FMRM songs are meant for the EDF record...

-Brian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000