= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

quote:
Originally posted by marcusb

I saw you in Columbus a few years back at a place called Little Brother's.. you surprised us all by entering through the front door past the waiting line.. nudging me a little bit out of the way and politely excusing yourself.. do you do this often? Just to see reactions or was this a one time thing? (John Linnell also did a similar thing to me in Columbus too come to think of it.. odd)

WELL, SOMETIMES IT'S JUST EASIER GOING IN THE FRONT.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Now, another question: Before a show in Cincinnati a friend and I were having a pizza in a restraunt and I saw Rich Gilbert walking by. I told her who he was and said we should say "Hi" or something and ask him he'd like a piece. She told me I couldn't do that. Would it be in Rich's character to have taken the offered pizza? Or how about if I saw you? Would you have come in, said "hello" and had a piece? Is this a weird question? Anyway.. I just nodded to Rich and he nodded back.. and throughout the show he was throwing us crazy looks as he played.

Edited by - marcusb on 03/21/2006 00:10:25
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tobafett

Thanks for taking questions, FB. One last one from me (and I'll shaddap):

*i'm watching lots of 1950s/60s 'what the future will be like' movies/shorts lately...what new technology would you like to see? Mars/flying autos/self-cookin' kitchen?

cheers...thanks again!

WELL, THE NANO SEEMS LIKE THE BIG ONE COMING DOWN THE PIKE. WHO KNOW WHAT'LL COME OF THAT?
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:09:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anI-Gav

One last question. I'm in a band and I were wondering if I were to somehow send you a C.D. of ours if you would actually listen to it? Not to try and get us on a label or anything but more of a "what do you think?" type of thing.

WELL. DON'T MAIL IT TO ME, BUT I'LL CHECK IT OUT IF YOU HAND IT OFF AT A GIG...
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Subtlepaper

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Subtlepaper

Sorry I was out of line up there...For a Legit Question. What other instrument besides the guitar do you feel most comfortable and creative with. Also seen any good flicks lately?

HMM...LATELY THE UKELELE (BARITONE). BEEN WATCHING LOTS OF ARCHITECTURE DOCUMENTARIES COURTESY MY WIFE. DON'T GET OUT TO THE CINEMA MUCH UNLESS IT'S A KIDS FLICK.

In a few years have your kid watch Spy Kids...Good little action kid movie made by Robert Rodriguez. And then 10 years after that have him watch El Mariachi or Sin city also done by Robert Rodriguez...Lives right by my city. Im sure youve seen El Mariachi, if not, you are the king and thats what kings do.

WOW. HE DID THAT? I THINK OUR OLDEST HAS SEEN SPY KIDS. I HAVE SEEN EL MARIACHI. A FINE FLICK.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actaully, Frank, have you ever heard of British satirist Chris Morris? He did a Pixies parody song a few years back called 'Motherhumper'. I was just wondering if you'd heard it.

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Subtlepaper
- FB Fan -

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:11:54  Show Profile  Visit Subtlepaper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by anI-Gav

One last question. I'm in a band and I were wondering if I were to somehow send you a C.D. of ours if you would actually listen to it? Not to try and get us on a label or anything but more of a "what do you think?" type of thing.

Will you file my taxes if I hand that off to you at a gig ? haha just kidding...
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TAMAL

hello Frank.
whats your fave track from devils workshop? mine is whiskey in your shoes. classic.
also, what do you think of the doors?

YOU ROCK!!!!

my shirt is shitty!

HMM...THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVE CATHOLIC RECORDS... I GUESS I'LL GO FOR SAN ANTONIO, TX. LOVE THE DOORS. FREAKING LOVE THE DOORS.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I saw you in Columbus a few years back at a place called Little Brother's.. you surprised us all by entering through the front door past the waiting line.. nudging me a little bit out of the way and politely excusing yourself.. do you do this often? Just to see reactions or was this a one time thing? (John Linnell also did a similar thing to me in Columbus too come to think of it.. odd)

WELL, SOMETIMES IT'S JUST EASIER GOING IN THE FRONT.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Now, another question: Before a show in Cincinnati a friend and I were having a pizza in a restraunt and I saw Rich Gilbert walking by. I told her who he was and said we should say "Hi" or something and ask him he'd like a piece. She told me I couldn't do that. Would it be in Rich's character to have taken the offered pizza? Or how about if I saw you? Would you have come in, said "hello" and had a piece? Is this a weird question? Anyway.. I just nodded to Rich and he nodded back.. and throughout the show he was throwing us crazy looks as he played.

WELL, RICH IS GENERALLY A BUSY GUY AT ALL TIMES AND PROBABLY WOULD HAVE SOME OTHER PLAN BY THE TIME HE WOULD HAVE STUMBLED ON TO YOUR PIZZA PARTY, SO, I GUESS NOT. BUT HE WILL ALWAYS SAY HI AND MAYBE CAHT A BIT. A VERY FRIENDLY GUY WHO LIKES TO TALK TO THE MUSIC FANS.
Go to Top of Page

bengrbm
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

WELL, THE NANO SEEMS LIKE THE BIG ONE COMING DOWN THE PIKE. WHO KNOW WHAT'LL COME OF THAT?
[/quote]

Actually, a lot of my research is on limits of miniaturization. I'm writing about it right now...

Any favorite science magazines for learning about new research?
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:16:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Actaully, Frank, have you ever heard of British satirist Chris Morris? He did a Pixies parody song a few years back called 'Motherhumper'. I was just wondering if you'd heard it.

pas de dutchie!

OH YEAH. I HEARD THAT...
Go to Top of Page

MaxExactly
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frankster,

What is the extent of your music theory knowledge?
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, one more question: You say you've been listening to Tom Waits on your iPod, and I have been too. A lot. What are your favorite tracks? I've been listening to Downtown Train, Hang Down Your Head, and A Little Rain a lot..

I should also thank you and the Ramones for your covers of his songs.. thats how I got into him!

Edited by - marcusb on 03/21/2006 00:21:52
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bengrbm

Actually, a lot of my research is on limits of miniaturization. I'm writing about it right now...

Any favorite science magazines for learning about new research?
[/quote]

HA. WELL THAT'S A COINCIDENCE! WELL, I LIKE EM ALL, BUT BEING A BIT OF A DUM DUM, I HAVE TO ADMIT MY HEART IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE, BUT LIKE I SAID, I AM A BIT OF A DUM DUM WHEN IT COMES TO THE TRULY DRY STUFF. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS A NEUROLOGY RESEARCHER/PREOFESSOR. I LET HIM EXPLAIN THE BIG SHIT TO ME.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK! I FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH YOUZ GUYZ. I ENJOYED IT. SORRY I WAS SO LATE (I FELL ASLEEP!).... SEE YOU ALL NEXT TIME. DIG THE SITE. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. LOVE THE PODCASTS. DIG THE ORIGINAL MUSIC AND COVERS FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

FB
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

OK! I FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH YOUZ GUYZ. I ENJOYED IT. SORRY I WAS SO LATE (I FELL ASLEEP!).... SEE YOU ALL NEXT TIME. DIG THE SITE. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. LOVE THE PODCASTS. DIG THE ORIGINAL MUSIC AND COVERS FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

FB

You rule! Thanks for the visit. Have a great trip overseas!

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know i keep posting when i have already bid the forum adieu...
dana gould, mentioned above, was jim morrison for a skit on the ben stiller show.
i remember a interview awhile back where you were saying morrison gets slagged on too much
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much, FB!!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you thank you.!!!!!!!!!. and thanks to all the people who run the forum for making it possible!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:26:36  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, health and long life to El Rey!

-----
I joined the Cult of Le Cigaw Volanttt
Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:26:55  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank: Drinking good polish beer is the best.. true?
Go to Top of Page

Subtlepaper
- FB Fan -

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:27:00  Show Profile  Visit Subtlepaper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well its been great talking to ya Charles but I must get going, I think everyone here agrees that you are the king not only for making some of the most influential music but also for talking one on one with fans. Down to earth famous musicians are a rarity.
Speaking of influence. Check out my bands music if you wish www.myspace.com/cramer ( myspace, lame i know) but we use a Thermin on “ The Drifter “ You need to use the Thermin more often!! Such a neat little instrument/space alien machine
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bonedry

i know i keep posting when i have already bid the forum adieu...
dana gould, mentioned above, was jim morrison for a skit on the ben stiller show.
i remember a interview awhile back where you were saying morrison gets slagged on too much

Gould is obscenely funny. I used to work in a place where all those Mr. Show guys performed live all the time, and Gould was consistently making my stomach hurt.

bengrbm
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HA. WELL THAT'S A COINCIDENCE! WELL, I LIKE EM ALL, BUT BEING A BIT OF A DUM DUM, I HAVE TO ADMIT MY HEART IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE, BUT LIKE I SAID, I AM A BIT OF A DUM DUM WHEN IT COMES TO THE TRULY DRY STUFF. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS A NEUROLOGY RESEARCHER/PREOFESSOR. I LET HIM EXPLAIN THE BIG SHIT TO ME.
[/quote]

Thanks for the vibes. Your heart certainly is in the right place - no doubt. Lots of people working on interesting topics would really enjoy talking to you if you ever wanted to know about various cutting edge fields. The various sci references (and of course the great music) gave you a strong following in the sciences. If your ever in NYC there are all sorts of people at Columbia (where I'm at) would be honored to chew your ear off about far out shit. You could eat free for weeks!
Go to Top of Page

TAMAL
- FB Fan -

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:29:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that was too cool.

my shirt is shitty!
Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:32:56  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote}
[/quote]

One word: GIG
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

. DIG THE ORIGINAL MUSIC AND COVERS FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

FB

Did you ever listen to the 2 tribute albums? or anyone know the answer to this?

George Patton once said "A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  01:08:38  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rock and roll forever: www.theohms.net

I am drunked up: word.

1c out of comish
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  01:15:56  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Little Black Francis

quote:

. DIG THE ORIGINAL MUSIC AND COVERS FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

FB

Did you ever listen to the 2 tribute albums? or anyone know the answer to this?

George Patton once said "A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow."

Dig the original music? He may be talking about my own 'Destination Home'! This makes up for the fact that I missed the chat. Did anyone asked about Trompe le Monde? Somebody should next time!

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  03:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woah, this thread makes interesting reading. Nice of Frank to pop buy. And some good questions and answers too.
Go to Top of Page

Doog
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1220 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  03:18:48  Show Profile  Visit Doog's Homepage  Click to see Doog's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You'd think the man who invented alt rock could get his head round the CAPS LOCK..

www.myspace.com/doog = music
www.myspace.com/doogdoogdoog = emo
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  03:35:23  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah say it don´t spray it dude.

--

Gravy boat! Stay in the now!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  04:15:08  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doog

You'd think the man who invented alt rock could get his head round the CAPS LOCK..

www.myspace.com/doog = music
www.myspace.com/doogdoogdoog = emo

yeah, other people get bashed for using caps lock, but in this situation it's usefull, cause you can scroll down and not miss any FB-reply

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  04:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Visiting Sasquatch

Will you release "ONE MORE ROAD FOR THE HIT" and "SNAKE OIL" on CDs? Please?

YES. DON'T KNOW WHEN. BUG SPIN ART (THANKS_).

yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! itunes sucks Frank, as soon as you can please!!
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  05:24:59  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he loves Jersey. he loves our podcasts. swoon!

-Brian
Go to Top of Page

backtorome
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  06:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank

I wanna mail you something! Could you email me a fan mail address or something?

Thanks!
Alec
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000