Page: of 4

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  04:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Will there be / are there any articles like this for Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde?

Never. Ever.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  06:17:14  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Will there be / are there any articles like this for Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde?

Sadly I think not. Only Doolittle and Surfer Rosa get the retrospective classic album coverage it seems.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  01:38:30  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://archivedmusicpress.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/jon-wilde-interviews-the-pixies-11th-august-1990/ Here is one from Bossanova era,Bedbug.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  02:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

https://archivedmusicpress.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/jon-wilde-interviews-the-pixies-11th-august-1990/ Here is one from Bossanova era,Bedbug.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

Thanks pixie punk!

"It all still sounds so, so good."
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2018 :  12:24:59  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://eujacksonville.com/2018/06/13/49704/ Joey Interview.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2018 :  16:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes! All Over the World!
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2018 :  19:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes! All Over the World!

I never thought I’d live long enough to read that.

Now someone send Joey a copy of Trompe le Monde

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2018 :  01:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

quote:

Yes! All Over the World!

___
"Service Unavailable"

And send him a copy of the compression thread!

See, there’s hope for us.

Pray for the Pixies
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2018 :  03:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes! All Over the World!

___
"Service Unavailable"

Pray for the Pixies

I already asked the question a few years ago on twitter, and he wanted to have a second opinion (then another follower seconded my remark). No reaction from Joey (I remember it was the day before he checked into rehab - hope it was not related ! ). Anyway Joey stated multiple times that he really enjoyed Dalgety sound and HC was his best sounding album. So, there's no hope really.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2018 :  03:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes! All Over the World!

___
"Service Unavailable"

Pray for the Pixies

I already asked the question a few years ago on twitter, and he wanted to have a second opinion (then another follower seconded my remark). No reaction from Joey (I remember it was the day before he checked into rehab - hope it was not related ! ). Anyway Joey stated multiple times that he really enjoyed Dalgety sound and HC was his best sounding album. So, there's no hope really.

___
"Service Unavailable"

It might have been a political answer.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2018 :  13:08:14  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.nuvo.net/music/pixies-keep-it-real-on-and-off-stage/article_04c4230c-7ee5-11e8-9e4a-1f83cd458b58.html Words from Mr.Black.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2018 :  22:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bloody hell....

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact editors@nuvo.net or call 317-254-2400.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2018 :  00:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ll try to paste it in for you if you like
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2018 :  05:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks but don't worry. Unless it's saying 'the new album is already recorded and here is the low down on each track' I can manage without. I just hope all US sites are going down the road of blocking access to Europe!
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2018 :  08:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just copy-paste the url on some random US proxy

Here for example https://www.usa-proxy.org

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2018 :  03:50:59  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.uncut.co.uk/news/pixies-surfer-rosa-step-loudness-106546 Charles Surfer Rosa interview from Uncut Magazine.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  01:26:45  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.bendsource.com/bend/memories-and-excitement/Content?oid=6853652 Joey interview.MENTIONS NEW ALBUM!!!!!

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

Edited by - pixie punk on 08/03/2018 01:31:34
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  03:07:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"As for the next album, Santiago says they won't know what it will sound like until it gets recorded, but on his end, he wants it to sound as raw as possible."

Was hoping for something a little more past tense...

Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  04:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m just hoping “raw” is another way to say “without any of that compression sounding garbage that interfered with the last two albums”
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  06:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Raw" as opposed to "polished" and more elaborated Norton productions (including Indie Cindy), if you want my opinion.

Head Carrier is the album Joey is most proud of since "the first one" (https://youtu.be/_gUjA1Gnqzo?t=5m29s). I'm sure he wants to continue in that direction. Oh well.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  10:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Raw" as opposed to "polished" and more elaborated Norton productions (including Indie Cindy), if you want my opinion.

Head Carrier is the album Joey is most proud of since "the first one" (https://youtu.be/_gUjA1Gnqzo?t=5m29s). I'm sure he wants to continue in that direction. Oh well.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Let's hope he's into new ideas since then.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  18:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres my 1 cent about the whole thing

- Black is cool and doesn't really care. He's not that fussy anymore about his band and does what his audience wants.
- Joey is very proud of the band history (remember he absolutely wanted a female bass player to replace Deal when Black didn't really care ?). He also wants the records to sound like early Pixies.
Dalgety is known for producing modern "raw" records, so that's just what he wants. He fell in love with how Head Carrier sounded and wants more of that. Black goes along with that, because he still feels a bit guilty about the initial Pixies breakup and tries his best not to be an ass and respect Joey's vision about the band.
- Dave doesn't care
- Paz respects the band history and does her best Kim impression because that's what the audience like and why she was hired for.

Next album: Head Carrier 2.0

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 08/03/2018 19:01:06
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  01:53:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don’t disagree with any of what you wrote picpic.

You’re probably right.

The only thing I would add is:

“About 10 people on earth care enough to discuss this, and they are here on the forum.”
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  01:58:34  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbzv0mX9CuQ VĂ­deo interview.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
232 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  05:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bedbug, I think you're absolutely right. It's somehow sad to see Charles' extensive body of non-Pixies work shrouded in the heyday of what came before.
-Oddball
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  06:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbzv0mX9CuQ VĂ­deo interview.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

They don’t have a setlist ? Really ? Wow. Never heard that in an interview.

Now we need to know how they feel about Kurt Cobain.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 08/04/2018 06:08:28
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  06:51:19  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oddball

Bedbug, I think you're absolutely right. It's somehow sad to see Charles' extensive body of non-Pixies work shrouded in the heyday of what came before.
-Oddball

I'd add that it's sad that it seems the prolific years are over for the most part, and there probably isn't a chance of the Pixies reviving some Catholics or solo material live. I love the new Pixies stuff, but the pace, quantity, and exploratory variety are tamped down. Also, they're playing what folks want to hear, and more power to them, but I for one would love to hear a lot more of the new material in the setlists. I caught them on the Weezer tour and IIRC Silver Snail and All the Saints were the only IC/HC numbers.

Take me to the vineyards of Lavaux
Want to see the mountains where the waters flow

Edited by - johnnyribcage on 08/04/2018 06:58:21
Go to Top of Page

QuaBear
- FB Fan -

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  07:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know...playing the old hits are tiring in my opinion, and i'm pretty sure a good amount could agree...i didn't go see them this time around or even last year...I've seen them enough...what else do they have to offer? I love the Pixies, but the schtick is getting tired, at least for me...but I can't really blame them to continue to tour or such...so no real hard feelings, i'm just personally not going to partake in going to the shows for a while or ever until something new and interesting comes out from them, which i don't know will ever happen again...

but what the pixies did from 1987-1992 won't be forgotten in my eyes :) time to move on

Edited by - QuaBear on 08/04/2018 07:40:53
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  07:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage
Also, they're playing what folks want to hear, and more power to them, but I for one would love to hear a lot more of the new material in the setlists. I caught them on the Weezer tour and IIRC Silver Snail and All the Saints were the only IC/HC numbers.

Do you think it has anything to do with their american audience ? They played more of the new stuff on european tours I think.

Anyway, 2018 is obviously a greatest hits year before new stuff in 2019 (which hasn't been recorded yet according to Joey I suppose).

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  07:58:53  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage
Also, they're playing what folks want to hear, and more power to them, but I for one would love to hear a lot more of the new material in the setlists. I caught them on the Weezer tour and IIRC Silver Snail and All the Saints were the only IC/HC numbers.

Do you think it has anything to do with their american audience ? They played more of the new stuff on european tours I think.

Anyway, 2018 is obviously a greatest hits year before new stuff in 2019 (which hasn't been recorded yet according to Joey I suppose).

___
"Service Unavailable"

Yeah I don't know - could be. It was the exact same show they played here in 2017, only abbreviated. Enjoyable enough, but predictable.

Edited by - johnnyribcage on 08/04/2018 08:00:18
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  08:01:41  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also it probably doesn't help my frame of mind that I've been listening to a ton of live Grateful Dead the last several months. Getting spoiled by the intense variety and variation on the same songs over decades of performance.

Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  13:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the most memorable points about the last time I saw The Pixies (Brixton 2016) was that they played *every single song* from Head Carrier. This makes me think that the band are fully aware of what the informed audience wants....
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  19:13:25  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

One of the most memorable points about the last time I saw The Pixies (Brixton 2016) was that they played *every single song* from Head Carrier. This makes me think that the band are fully aware of what the informed audience wants....

The “Informed Audience” - man I hear ya. Probably impossible to have an Informed Audience in the States these days. Most everyone is overinformed by a few things and subsequently underinformed on essentially everything else.

Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  18:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

"As for the next album, Santiago says they won't know what it will sound like until it gets recorded, but on his end, he wants it to sound as raw as possible."

Was hoping for something a little more past tense...

Same here, darnit. Well, gonna be a bit of a longer wait than we anticipated. I'm not a patient person at all so it's gonna be a rough rest of 2018.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  20:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IC 2013
HC 2016
next 2019

sounds coherent

___
"Service Unavailable"