New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2014 :  04:43:03  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://thequietus.com/articles/15323-joey-santiago-pixies-favourite-albums?page=5 Joey's Favorite Albums.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2014 :  16:37:52  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ54iXAd88g Rock the world PIXIES :-)

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2014 :  07:57:47  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://fbiradio.com/vivid-live-radio-pixies-interview-guest-program/ FBIRADIO Interview + Session :)

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2014 :  08:08:32  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

http://fbiradio.com/vivid-live-radio-pixies-interview-guest-program/ FBIRADIO Interview + Session :)

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

No session DJing I guess.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  03:28:28  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.nme.com/nme-video/kasabian-pixies-future-islands-choose-their-greatest-led-zeppelin-riffs/3591971428001

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  05:46:01  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://blog.kexp.org/2014/05/28/the-song-thats-shaking-me-with-joey-santiago-of-pixies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+KexpBlog+(KEXP+Blog)

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  04:40:18  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.lavanguardia.com/musica/primavera-sound-news/20140530/54409460902/david-lovering-drummer-pixies.html David interview in Spain +great photo of the band with Paz :-)

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  05:40:26  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://doublej.net.au/#/programs/lunch-myf/pixies-and-declan-kelly-lunch-myf

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  14:00:15  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpLqtG_kyac Caribana Festival Interview.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  14:31:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpLqtG_kyac Caribana Festival Interview.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

WTF is going on with Joe? He seems high/drunk. Did Kim infect him with the virus before she left?
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1106 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  21:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, yes, that looks weird.
and what is he constantly checking on his right?

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  23:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joey always looks strange and a bit scared in interviews. In this one, he just looks happy. We're just not used to see him like that I guess ! David looks happy too. Maybe that's Switzerland fresh air... (and a little glass of Swiss white wine)

BTW: the thing he's constantly checking to his right is Black Francis.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 06/04/2014 23:24:57
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1106 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  01:07:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

BTW: the thing he's constantly checking to his right is Black Francis.

it would appear so. but why check charles' feedback after every other word? i find it strange.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  02:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, he left in 1992, so Joey is always checking after him to be sure he's not doing it once more.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1106 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  04:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*giggle*

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  03:44:10  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.nme.com/news/pixies/77752

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  04:35:04  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://blog.kexp.org/2014/06/02/kexp-qa-joey-santiago-of-pixies/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=kexp-qa-joey-santiago-of-pixies

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  06:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yet another Joe and Dave interview where they say the same thing about Kim, and invite her to join them in Australia.

http://www.nme.com/news/pixies/77752

Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  06:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just don't get it. If they are hoping Paz will stay, this doesn't seem like it would help to convince her. Hopefully they are just saying the right thing.
Go to Top of Page

IBreed
= Cult of Ray =

310 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  07:03:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe more than anything they're hoping Kim comes back.

but i doubt it. i get the feeling they're just trying to be diplomatic and know she wont even entertain the possibility.

which is a bummer. because Kim coming back would be the best.
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  07:22:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The band have been saying that Kim Deal is welcome to return whenever she wants since their first official announcement a year ago. (Something like "she'll always be one of the Pixies" blah blah)

Nothing new here.
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  07:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IBreed

maybe more than anything they're hoping Kim comes back.

but i doubt it. i get the feeling they're just trying to be diplomatic and know she wont even entertain the possibility.

which is a bummer. because Kim coming back would be the best.

I get the feeling that Joe and Dave are actually kind of fond of Kim.....Charles, not so much. So, in other words, nothing has changed.
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  08:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jason

The band have been saying that Kim Deal is welcome to return whenever she wants since their first official announcement a year ago. (Something like "she'll always be one of the Pixies" blah blah)

Nothing new here.

They've already said it though, as you mention, why continue to say it? Unless they know that Paz won't be staying around after the touring? Rather than search for another bassist, getting Kim back would be ideal. Hope Paz stays, as Kim seems to show no interest in the Pixies at all.
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  09:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by natenate101

quote:

Nothing new here.

They've already said it though, as you mention, why continue to say it?

Because the interviewer asked them about it?
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  10:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Nothing new here.

They've already said it though, as you mention, why continue to say it?

Because the interviewer asked them about it?

Haha, sure Jason.
Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  14:55:02  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The chance of Kim returning anytime soon is zero, the Breeders are taking off again. I imagine she'd come and do an encore at a show, but Charles would put his foot down to her returning and giving them the run around.
Go to Top of Page

IBreed
= Cult of Ray =

310 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  15:22:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charles must think Kim is OK though. He totally put off doing new material for close to a decade because of her reluctance and kept her suggestions in the new Pixies music. He's also been very gracious in giving her credit.
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  20:51:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IBreed

Charles must think Kim is OK though. He totally put off doing new material for close to a decade because of her reluctance and kept her suggestions in the new Pixies music. He's also been very gracious in giving her credit.

Agreed, but he also knows how the fans of the band felt/feel about her. I just think he tried to make it work. I'd bet they are all pretty fine with the way things are currently. But of course, if Paz decides full-time Pixies isn't her thing, they'd be back at square one.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2014 :  08:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

But of course, if Paz decides full-time Pixies isn't her thing, they'd be back at square one.

I hadn't considered that. Ouch. By all accounts she's an accomplished musician with options but she has a chance to contribute to new music that will likely be heard and talked about for years to come. That has to be appealing. Anyway I hope she sticks around as long as Kim is doing her own thing.

presley1
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2014 :  10:22:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Pixies touring/ selling records is a lot more money than the Breeders could ever wish to make. Kim is clearly happier making lo-fi garage rock and writing her own tunes. i personally hope they carry on with Paz, loving the violin on the stripped down versions of songs

Oh my golly!
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2014 :  15:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by presley1

The Pixies touring/ selling records is a lot more money than the Breeders could ever wish to make. Kim is clearly happier making lo-fi garage rock and writing her own tunes. i personally hope they carry on with Paz, loving the violin on the stripped down versions of songs

Oh my golly!

She makes the SAME lo-fi, garage band sounding record every 5 years or so. No, the reconstituted Breeders will not make as much money as the Pixies. It's not like Kim needs any more money, it's not like she has a family to support. I'm guessing it's just a hobby for her now, a way to pass the time.
Go to Top of Page

presley1
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2014 :  23:37:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

quote:

Oh my golly!

She makes the SAME lo-fi, garage band sounding record every 5 years or so. No, the reconstituted Breeders will not make as much money as the Pixies. It's not like Kim needs any more money, it's not like she has a family to support. I'm guessing it's just a hobby for her now, a way to pass the time.

She doesn't have the same work ethic as Mr Black which is a real pity.
She's a big fan of Cheap Trick and country rock, I'd love her to do something in the same vein instead of another album of tuneless dirge. A wasted talent

Oh my golly!
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  04:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

She doesn't have the same work ethic as Mr Black which is a real pity.
She's a big fan of Cheap Trick and country rock, I'd love her to do something in the same vein instead of another album of tuneless dirge. A wasted talent

Oh my golly!

I believe that was the root of conflict that sprung up between her and Thompson. She's undisciplined, irresponsible....she never outgrew her spoiled teen brat phase. She loves the rock 'n roll lifestyle...traveling around, staying in nice hotels, etc. ..... that's why she's continuing with that dopey Breeders thing. Interest in the reborn Breeders will flare out quickly, and she'll be back to crocheting full time.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  04:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee.... Who cares ?

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  01:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love how 90% of Fissle's knowledge of Kim Deal as a person comes from a documentary that was filmed ten years ago (ie. the "crocheting" comment)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000