Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  01:50:21  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Could we sum up what we've got?

"I make the album of that" = I'm making this album

"and the opera of the large kroost the general admittingness of the night of Saturday is perhaps new" -> ??

"the fact that titled blue finger is because of this city in the Netherlands" -> He's in Zwolle, Netherlands

"that the place of birth he made this, so that much of large arts is" -> ??

"and this blue finger report still has onvermengd" -> the album is still unmixed

"and which numbering songs from eleven in the summer 2007 was solved" -> 11 songs, released summer 2007

"I am sad for misfiring it am that angry toren in Babylon which has done this!" = sorry for Babelfishing my posts.

"lets me my opera explain" = let me explain my opera

"it is pure rock"

"and you have dunmore sang" = Violet sings on it

"on large a producer who of the Mississippi have was drunk there" = I got drunk with the producer in Mississippi? Has anyone spotted EDF in Mississippi recently?

"only have I guitar had been played." = I've only done the guitar part (yet).

"there are no small people." = no Pixies are involved

"I will not explain the opera which is declaration only for to the concept the tribes which live to that only at west of that large tributary in the country of isala." -> it's abuot the Isala tribe living around Zwolle?

What else have I missed?

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  01:51:55  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kees

I think Tiny Concerts has a good point when he says "No Pixies (small people) are involved."

i think he stated the obvious more than made a good point
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  02:11:05  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is pretty interesting:

http://www.answers.com/topic/salian-franks

<<The Salian Franks were a subgroup of the Franks who had been living North and East of the limes in the Dutch coastal area. From the 5th century they migrated throughout Belgium and to northern France, then formed a kingdom in northern France and on coasts north of it. This kingdom was the nucleus of the future Kingdom of France.

They are distinguished from the Ripuarian Franks. The name Ripuarian is believed to mean 'river-dwelling'. The name Salian may refer to salt and, by extension, the sea, i.e. 'sea-dwelling'. Alternatively, it may be derived from the Roman name for a river in The Netherlands: Isala, a branch of the Rhine currently named IJssel in Dutch. In the third century A.D., the Romans may have named the Germanic tribe living in this area after this river. Even nowadays, this area is called Salland.

From this area, the Salian Franks occupied the Rhine delta in the fourth and the fifth centuries and moved further south, with the Belgian city of Tournai becoming the center of their domain. Later still, they again moved south and gained control over Roman Gaul, i.e. France, which bears its current name after them.>>

The Frankish Kingdom... Isn't that the very definition of this forum?

Denis

Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  03:14:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Salud Frank!!!...mmmm Chilean Wine??
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  07:25:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

"that the place of birth he made this, so that much of large arts is" -> ??Maybe...He wants to call it Blue Finger because of where it was made. And lots of art is made there.

"I am sad for misfiring it am that angry toren in Babylon which has done this!" = sorry for Babelfishing my posts. But WHY is he Babelfishing his posts? Couldn't he just type them in english?

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  07:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm already used to the idea that the next album, regardless of who participates, will be called Blue Finger.

AND I LIKE IT!
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  07:31:52  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe his computer is infected with a Babelfish virus? Or maybe the album is a conceptual opera entirely sung in Babelfish? Or, his new Dutch manager doesn't speak a word of english and is using frnck's account to post here?

Denis

Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  07:34:03  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kfs

I'm already used to the idea that the next album, regardless of who participates, will be called Blue Finger.

AND I LIKE IT!

Time to call the NME... "New 11-Songs Pixies Album 'BLUE FINGER' Out Summer 2007!"

Denis

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  08:02:34  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No little people.

And shut it Denis.

Idiot.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  08:06:44  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's the only trick I found to make you come back!

Denis

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  08:18:09  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm stuck at home with the illness otherwise it would have completely passed me by.

Bugger, should've pretended I have a short-joke-radar.

Idiot.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  08:55:52  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Time to call the NME... "New 11-Songs Pixies Album 'BLUE FINGER' Out Summer 2007!"

"New 11-song Frank Black album 'NO SMALL PEOPLE' Out Summer 2007!"

-----
BLACKOLERO le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  08:57:29  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, it's the NME, they'd never post news about a FB solo album. They got to say it's the Pixies, even if it's wrong.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  09:03:25  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What about

"First Schwarma album 'NO SMALL PEOPLE ANYMORE' Out Summer 2007!"

Edited by - Frog in the Sand on 01/26/2007 09:03:52
Go to Top of Page

MHokkane
- FB Fan -

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  11:07:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps the "There are no small people" means he doesn't have the kids with him???

I'm ruler of this Moon boy, so if you move I shoots!
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  11:18:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I predict that 'onvermengd' 'blue finger' and 'angry toren' will soon become popular screen names on this website.
Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  11:55:49  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whatever, Bolero. It's not like people mine through new song names and obscure references in posts from Frank and use them as screen names.

Edited by - gyaneshwar on 01/26/2007 11:56:54
Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  12:26:10  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know what's going on here.. I think there's gonna be some kind of album. I just hope his wife sings backup vocals, not lead. Frank's voice is that which opera members friendly wanted.
1c
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  12:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, gyaneshwar. Do what you want.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  13:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, it's the NME, they'd never post news about a FB solo album. They got to say it's the Pixies, even if it's wrong.

Well, they did have a review of Christmass, which basically said it wasn't very good because it wasn't like the Pixies.
There was also a review of The Breeders' 'Last Splash' the other week which went on to say how excellent Kim Deal was after the Pixies and how shit Frank Black's solo career was. The last sentance of the review was simply 'Frank who?'. That really pissed me off.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  13:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We haven't heard from Born to Lose since he started this topic. I wonder if he realizes what he's started.
Go to Top of Page

jackruby
- FB Fan -

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  13:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well, they did have a review of Christmass, which basically said it wasn't very good because it wasn't like the Pixies.
There was also a review of The Breeders' 'Last Splash' the other week which went on to say how excellent Kim Deal was after the Pixies and how shit Frank Black's solo career was. The last sentance of the review was simply 'Frank who?'. That really pissed me off.

I have never understood that position. I hear it all the time.."The Breeders and Amps are so great, and Frank Black solo sucks."
Don't get me wrong, I understand that Frank is way over most people's heads (or ears), but I hear this from real Pixies fans. Not just ones who like "Where is My Mind,"--even people who really like everything from Pilgrim to Trompe. -Some things I can't get used to

The Breeders are OK at best, and as you all know, Frank's solo work is second to NONE.

"Change me Mommy...I pooped my soul."

Edited by - jackruby on 01/26/2007 13:39:40
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  13:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kfs

We haven't heard from Born to Lose since he started this topic. I wonder if he realizes what he's started.

He needs to start a "Where in the world is Kim Deal?" thread. That might help us begin to figure out a few things, even if Kim were to post in Babel-ese.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  14:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jackruby

The Breeders are OK at best, and as you all know, Frank's solo work is second to NONE.

The Breeders (and Amps) rock.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  14:49:54  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I definately second that. I'd love to hear what Kim's songs sounded like before she met Charles Thompson. I'm sure some of his magic rubbed off onto her. It would be so very hard to hang around with him and not be inspired. But I 100% echo Darwin's thought.
Go to Top of Page

jackruby
- FB Fan -

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  15:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never given the Amps a fair listen, Perhaps I should.

"Change me Mommy...I pooped my soul."
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  15:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Amps are basically Kim on her own, I think.
Go to Top of Page

Useyourname
- FB Fan -

185 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  16:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Amps are great. Bragging Party is one of Kim's best songs.

Jimmy

Also, stop saying frnk didn't mean there won't be a new Pixies album in his cryptic riddle. I am all about a new Pixies album now after this long haul of not knowing if the Pixies were reuniting, then reuniting, not sure how to feel about it, seeing them twice, loving it, accepting it, and now wanting to taste some new Pixie love.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  17:26:05  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

The Amps are basically Kim on her own, I think.

nope. Not at all, a full band. Although she did some demos on her own with her playing all the instruments. I positively sure that the music on the album is played by the band that she toured with, and some of those songs seem to be written with her sister. Read that once, she's not credited.

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  17:28:50  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.noaloha.com/amps/band_bio.php says it all

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  19:43:57  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That shattered the illusion I've had for the last 11 years that Kim cranked out a thoroughly awesome album all by herself. Oh well. I'd rather know the truth. It's still a fantastic album. I'd have liked to have heard one more album from them, though. It just had a great atmosphere about it.

http://www.prozacrat.com
www.myspace.com/prozacrat
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  21:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, at least I put the "I think" in there.
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  00:54:55  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And Nate Farley and Jim Macphereson went on to play in Guided By Voices.

So the whole Amps project oozes cool. It's my favorite Kim album, it's so warm and fat.

And it has the line "Straight? Yeah, we're straight. We get high on music."

========
jeffamerica
========
Go to Top of Page

Born to Lose
- FB Fan -

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  04:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kfs

I've been sitting back in silent awe, really. I got a lot more than I thought I would! I'm sort of relieved its not a Pixies album. His last tour just had so much promise and I'm itching to have full band versions of 'Deadman's Curve' and '(Do What You Want)Gyaneshwar' to listen to over and over again.

Edited by - Born to Lose on 01/27/2007 10:38:50
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  05:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fingbangrec, right?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly