Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

cellar_door
- FB Fan -

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  13:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry if this is a duplicate. Who's going ? I got my tickets 3 minutes after they went on sale, mostly because I have no clue how big this place is, and didn't want to miss getting tickets.

It's been a few years since I've seen FB tour, I guess the last tour before the Pixies thing. I'm really excited to check it out. Booking Thursday off work for sure. Anyone else ?

Edited by - starmekitten on 08/24/2006 08:34:29

mostasteless
- FB Fan -

81 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  10:07:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh hell mf'ing yes. Theres nothing I love more than road tripping to montreal to see shows, but to see FRANK there is gona be tops. I just wish it wasnt in the middle of the week. I go to school in Burlington, VT, and working these things out around classes can be quite tricky.

Last time I went to Montreal I saw the Frames, and I cant remember if it was this same venue or not. (either this or club soda...defenitely been to both though). I was hangin out in a coffee shop right after the show when the whole band went in and sat down right next to us, very cool stuff. So, you never know who you'll run into after hours ;)

see ya there
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  12:56:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya this tour will be pretty exciting. i got 2 tickets when they went on sale. montreal's a great city and the mrs and i were planning a little trip around the show. but now friends of ours from calgary just had a new baby so we might do calgary instead.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  18:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unfortunately we won't be going to the montreal show. and i just got the tickets in the mail. so if anyone needs 2 tickets at face value please send me an email at fumanbru@shaw.ca. thxs.

Go to Top of Page

cellar_door
- FB Fan -

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  06:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't waaaaaaaait. Since I'm driving up from Ottawa I'm not sure when we'll get there, otherwise I'd take you up on the offer kathryn.

So what's this venue like ?
Go to Top of Page

mostasteless
- FB Fan -

81 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  09:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am totally down for some pre-Frank beverages. again, not exactly sure when Im going to be up there.... But what is a trip to montreal without pre-show binge drinking?
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  08:12:16  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, I'm in. Just bought my tickets. I'm a local and up for a pre-show GT of course.

Can't believe the setlists samples I've seen.
Go to Top of Page

mostasteless
- FB Fan -

81 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  10:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...Just saw Frank's show at the Beachcomber in Wellfleet MA the other day, and let me just say that it was beyond incredible. I'm thinking that the Montreal show will be a mix up of the diverse set lists that hes been playing and some hard rockin and rollin, care of FM/RM. WEll, that is what I am helplessly hoping at least. He hasnt really touched FMRM at all, so hes gotta be saving it for the fall gigs....

Anyways, depending on where exactly the show is, we could probably get some drinks somewhere off of St Catherines st., lots of good pubs around. Same goes with the area around McGill. I think ima mapquest it and see where it is...
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  15:54:18  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, we'll find some place, don't worry! ;-)

The venue is near Beaudry metro, this is right into the gay Village. Lots of pubs in the area, but this is walking distance from St-Denis street. We have plenty of time to plan.

kathryn, you're local too? Who else?
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  16:40:26  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, there's a bottomless chasm between me and Crescent. ;-)

I lost you between Wellfleet and ATBNG. Sorry, I don't come here often enough like I should.
Go to Top of Page

mostasteless
- FB Fan -

81 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  15:41:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check the sticky post at the top of this board about the setlists

...and if you guys really have hang ups with the crescent, we can always hit supersex or gentlemans choice

Edited by - mostasteless on 08/21/2006 16:32:46
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  18:27:35  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why don't we just take a few 1-liter bottles of cheap beer and take it straight, warm, from the brown bag in the alley? A simple plan, isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

mostasteless
- FB Fan -

81 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  07:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
simple, yes. But, word on the street is the fuzz have been crackin down hard on public drinking, and are eager to slap tourists with a hefty fine.

That being saids, Montreal has the best 40 ozs in the world.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  19:20:24  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm reviewing the options right now. Are you guys willing to have drink/food somewhere cool but somewhat away from the National (although still walking distance)? The show is at 9pm, so there's some time to kill between work and the event.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  04:38:47  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, I'm thinking of L'Amère à Boire on St-Denis near Ontario. Micro-brewery with food. For drinks only L'Île Noire is a sure bet.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  05:13:09  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The other possibilities would be Steak & Sabre or New house of the Pope but that's not walking distance. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  05:37:56  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New House of the Pope is a wine, czar. You could always have some at some fancy restaurant near the venue but it's a bit pricey.

Damn, you people make me envious. I want to go back there so bad. It's been 10 years and I don't remember any street or club name.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  09:09:57  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know Châteauneuf du Pape, évidemment. But I thought it was used as the name of the pub where the narrator was watering down his troubles?

Hey, just take one of your zillion vacation weeks you have and come on down! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  13:11:25  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Concordia? Hell, no. Even McGill is borderline acceptable.
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  11:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can people from winnipeg talk on this thread? if not denis and i will go start a cooler thread.

so i'm starting to regret getting calgary flight tickets rather than montreal. sounds like montreal will be lots of fun. but anyways i still have 2 fb montreal tickets and would hate to see them go to waste. so please let me know if you or anyone you know needs 2 tickets. i'm sure it will sell out but don't want to wait till the date of the show cause i've got to ship them out.

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  19:31:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kathyrn- thanks for thinking of the fu's! i did not get your email. my email address should be working. it's fumanbru@shaw.ca.

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  20:19:36  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did we have quorum?

Are K and myself the only locals here?
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  04:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've still got 2 tickets to get rid of. i'll even sell them 2 for 1. i don't want to see them go to waste. why isn't this show sold out yet! let's go montreal! it's frank black! with edf!

i'll be in montreal for work oct12-oct.14. and at the buonanotte on friday night oct.13 if anyone wants the tickets.

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  10:55:42  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I may have a taker for your 2 for 1 deal. Let me get back to you.

The Buenanotte? Wow, different world from Steak and Saber...
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  17:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thxs czar! let me know if you find something. never been to the buenanotte- some work function. should be good..it's hard not to have a good time when you're in montreal.

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  19:36:27  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, this place is knowned to be full of beautiful people... better have the corporate credit card at the ready!
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  19:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, here's my suggestion: http://www.amereaboire.com/main.HTM

http://local.google.ca/local?f=d&hl=fr&saddr=2049+Rue+St-Denis,+Montr%C3%A9al,+QC&daddr=1220+RUE+SAINTE-CATHERINE+EST,+MONTR%C3%89AL,+QC+H2L+2%26AMP%3B9+(Th%C3%A9%C3%A2tre+National+Bar)+%4045.518484,-73.555880&ie=UTF8&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=22.51878,82.441406&om=1&z=16

About 1km walk. Is it too much?

Edited by - Czar on 10/03/2006 19:45:58
Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  20:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, hi everyone

yes, well, I'll be there.. along with 2 or 3 good fellows. Should be fun to meet up somewhere... you guys accept newbies? such a great feeling to know I can walk from my apartment to a frank black show. first time for me... I'm new to living, well, on my own and all... cute eh?

Montreal, October 1st 2002
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  20:44:40  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure. We accept anyone provided they know the secret handshake.

Do you have another spot to suggest besides l'Amère à Boire on St-Denis? There must be a nice place in the Village but I don't know them.
Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  20:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this great place that's on the corner of st-catherine's and st-laurent's. It's called L'Alouette. there's mostly old drunkards and inuit prostitutes and a couple of shemales there but there's a jukebox and a pool table and it's real nice and cozy, almost homy. the beer is cheap and comes in big bottles. I wish I had a picture, but they don't have any website.

Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  20:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but yeah, I don't know the village too well, I live just east of it though.

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  20:51:48  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm... don't know about this place. It's probably a longer walk to the venue than any pub on St-Denis, though. Don't forget the National is at Beaudry station.

I say let's find somewhere in the Village or stick on St-Denis. Kathryn?
Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  21:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh, well, about the distance, I've checked on google map and it's really about the same, given that you have to walk down from lamere a boire to st-catherine (500m) whereas l'alouette is really about 20m from st-catherine and about 480m from the corner of st-denis and st-catherine's. but, yeah, I was just saying, about L'Alouette.

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  10:14:19  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Somebody suggested this place, a few blocks east of Le National:

Café Européen
1560, rue Sainte-Catherine E corner Alexandre De Seve
MONTREAL, Québec H2L 2J2 Village

Tel.: 514.523.7773
Restaurant Café Européen located in the Village area of Montreal is known for it's many terrace settings. One terrace on the ground floor, one terrace on the 3rd floor and one in the back if you're looking for more privacy. This resto-café is open 24/7 offering diners an extensive lunchtime salad bar and lots of club sandwiches, burgers and pizzas. For diner, they offer pork, duck and chicken.

Cuisine:
International, Sandwiches
< 15$
Average Per Meal/Per Person, excluding taxes, tip, and wine.

Seems reasonable.
Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  22:43:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldnt want to come off as a drunkard, but if they sell beer, well my friends and I will be fine with it... IT's a cafe though... so im not sure?

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  05:51:17  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, pitchers, too. Don't worry. No beer, no party, everybody knows that. ;-)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000