Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  19:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alright alright. I might grab a sandwhich while im there I guess. And I'll be ditching school, so im gonna be in a criminal state of mind. can't wait till the bandit is in town. I hear rumors from the east.

Montreal, October 1st 2002
Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  02:11:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeeee ahhhh! we're a week from the show now. it appears I have the week off at school because it"s the "reading week". it's nice, I could even catch an "in-store" performance. you guys think there's any chance he might be doing one?

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  19:31:32  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was trying to figure out the best time to get in the National. He may be doing an opener solo, you know, so better get in at 9 sharp. I like to be on the floor up front, so I don't mind not finding a seat.

I'll be with 2 friends (thanks fumanbru!) and I plan on having light dinner and drinks at this Café européen place, probably from 19:00 on... I don't like to get rushed I'm between jobs, remember?

A+
Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  21:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn

I haven't seen anything about an in-store performance. It sure would be nice.

Did we ever decide on where we're meeting? I get out of work at 8. Is that too late to have a drink and a quick bite?

By the way, where do you go to school, That Means Soda?

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine

Im studying literature at UQAM - im a french speaking chap

Edited by - that means soda on 10/19/2006 21:49:55
Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  21:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone knows the venue capacity? I've never been there.

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  04:30:45  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah bin crisse Soda, fallait l'dire! ;-)

The venue is similar in size to the Club Soda, I think. 400-500.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  19:51:22  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Outfit? Well, how about jeans and T-shirt?
Go to Top of Page

Greenthane
- FB Fan -

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  20:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there. I'm going to the show at le national. I'm pretty excited. first frank show.
I would like to hear something about the venue, since ii'm relatively new here, and don't get out much.

Anyone been there for a show?
Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  22:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Czar

Ah bin crisse Soda, fallait l'dire! ;-)

The venue is similar in size to the Club Soda, I think. 400-500.

funny how we asume tout le monde parle anglais ici.

how old es tu czar?

Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  22:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn

I've already picked out my outfit. Anybody else pick out their outfit? What's everybody wearing? I'm gonna accessorize heavily.

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine

ha ha! girls eh... an out fit.. I'd wear my mcdonalds french fries costume if the show was on the halloween night.

I know I'll be wearing black pants cause its the only pair I have that has not too much ketchup or beer on it. I might wear my safari hat, if im in the mood...

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  23:24:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was trying to figure out the best time to get in the National. He may be doing an opener solo, you know, so better get in at 9 sharp. I like to be on the floor up front, so I don't mind not finding a seat.

I'll be with 2 friends (thanks fumanbru!) and I plan on having light dinner and drinks at this Café européen place, probably from 19:00 on... I don't like to get rushed I'm between jobs, remember?

A+

shout out to czar for picking up my tickets! we had a great chat about frank and all things music. now i'm jealous that i won't be making the montreal show and partying with czar and the other fine people on this thread. have a great time.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  09:19:54  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fu: I wish you were here, we would have a great time indeed.

Greenthane: Here's Le National: http://www.latulipe.ca/lenational/visite/lenational_visite.asp Will you join us for drinks/sandwich before?

Carbonneau (this means "soda", non?): j'ai 41 ans. In fact, my birthday is Thursday. I'll be 42. Un vieux crisse encore capable de thrasher s'il le faut.

Where are the people supposed to travel down from Ottawa?
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  09:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwwww....this thread makes me want to sell all my belongings and road trip around North America as a frank Black groupie, going to all these shows and meeting all these fb.netters.

My six year old probably wouldn't appreciate it as much as I.

Have fun you guys!!

I'd rather be anywhere or doing anything
Go to Top of Page

Greenthane
- FB Fan -

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  09:44:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At Cafe Europeen? I might make it, but I'm not counting on it. I have to work downtown, then get home for a bit and then go back out. I might not have a chance to arrive any earlier than the start of the show. But if I do manage to get out early, I'll stop in at the Cafe first.

The place looks very nice. Bigger than I expected, actually, but very nice.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  11:03:30  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why do you need to get back home after work? This ain't just another black letter day my friend, this is the day when The Man is in town!!! Anyway, your call, you'll miss a great social opportunity with fine fans, witty, funny and maybe even good looking.

Superabounder: where are you from? Don't you have any air miles or points you don't know what to do with them? Come on!
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  13:51:21  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, I forgot to mention "humble with healthy desire" but when I say that people usually interpret it wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  16:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man, Czar, would if I could. And I really should. I live in Texas, and I'm afraid I just can't swing a trip to Montreal right now, as great as it sounds!!

Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  17:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks K! I wish I could! That would be a blast. Oh well, I 'll just go back to dreaming about the private fb.net concert where all the forum members are flown in for the private show. If I win the lottery I'm doin' it.

Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  00:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alright... cafe europeen it will be.. soounds like we wont be a throng, but my friends and I should be there, along with czar. we'll get trashed just enough to be thrown on the right side of time.

Go to Top of Page

mostasteless
- FB Fan -

81 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  10:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's it, ive decided. Im going to the show in my full Garth Algar costume. Any 'we're not worthys' will be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:06:05  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Huh? Garth Algar? Does this means I need to put on my huntsman's flannel shirt and grow a mullet?

Edited by - Czar on 10/22/2006 11:06:27
Go to Top of Page

cellar_door
- FB Fan -

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  19:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone know the scheduling for the show ? when the opening guys go on, and when FB goes on. Trying to time a bus home after :)

I was a hawk and I just flew...yeah
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  19:41:14  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok. I just confirmed through Le National website that Reid Paley opens up. Show is scheduled at 21:00 so assume 30 minutes opening act, 15 minutes break, FB should be on stage by 22:00 latest. He plays 20-22 songs in 90 minutes, you should be out at 23:30, if of course everything starts on time. Perhaps midnight is safer. The place is walking distance to the Voyageur terminal.

Have you considered renting a car? There are incredible deals available in the market, one of my associates from Quebec City does that when he comes to Montreal, it's cheaper than taking the bus!

Kathryn, I would look awful in a mullet, considering my natural afro.
Go to Top of Page

cellar_door
- FB Fan -

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  07:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya I actually own a car, but I want to

1) drink
2) sleep on the way back

:)

Go to Top of Page

cellar_door
- FB Fan -

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  07:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx for the info btw

Go to Top of Page

that means soda
- FB Fan -

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  16:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
judging by the number of posts, I think the montreal show is the one with the biiiiiiggest hype. yeeeeaaaaah. at least on the board...

I dont know, does he usually sell out here? its my first solo-Frank show

Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  15:11:33  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ok. I just confirmed through Le National website that Reid Paley opens up. Show is scheduled at 21:00 so assume 30 minutes opening act, 15 minutes break, FB should be on stage by 22:00 latest. He plays 20-22 songs in 90 minutes, you should be out at 23:30, if of course everything starts on time. Perhaps midnight is safer. The place is walking distance to the Voyageur terminal.

Have you considered renting a car? There are incredible deals available in the market, one of my associates from Quebec City does that when he comes to Montreal, it's cheaper than taking the bus!

Kathryn, I would look awful in a mullet, considering my natural afro.

Franks will go onstage at 10pm <<<The Earliest
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  17:03:56  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I guess. Are you joining us before the show, fbf? I'll mark the table with an oversized FB.Net logo in case you can't find us. I'll be with 2 others, I assume Soda will be 3 also, perhaps Kathryn will step in, Cellar_Door, that makes us about 8.

See ya all, we'll be blue.

Edited by - Czar on 10/24/2006 17:04:21
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  17:04:55  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, and I'll wear a name tag with "Hello. My Name is Czar".
Go to Top of Page

Greenthane
- FB Fan -

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  17:16:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking through some of the forums for the other recent shows, it sounds like the show sometimes starts early. Or maybe I'm missing something. I've skimmed about 500 messages in the last couple of hours.
So the doors probably open at 9 or what?
Go to Top of Page

Greenthane
- FB Fan -

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  17:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh, well the DC show started late apparently. The opener was scheduled for 7:30, and didn't start until like 9:45. Holy crap. That's late. Then frank came on at 10? A 15 minute opener.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  17:45:17  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doors open at 19h30, show at 21h00. Greenthane, are you coming to the Café before the show?
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  18:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Café is 4 blocks east of Le National, which is near Beaudry. It was recommended by a friend.
Go to Top of Page

Greenthane
- FB Fan -

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  19:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Czar - Not sure if I'll make it, but I'll give it a shot. I'll be the confused looking guy. I'll look for the sign.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  19:44:39  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's the sign... of my beer behavior... ah, forget it. ;-)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000