Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

monitormodule
- FB Fan -

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey-Was curious if you had a hance to listen to SMILE-Brian Wilson? And if so what you thought about it-and wanted to thank you for many many years(since 87) of listening pleasure and some nice trips out of town this summer to see PIXIES in all the beautiful and mysterious glory-see ya in Atlanta my friend-thanks
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:12:23  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More questions!

aladdinvain, My Velouria, DivisionPelagic, Cheeseman1000 and LBF1976 - please step up to the mic!

Note that other postings will be deleted.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

My Velouria
- FB Fan -

France
93 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:13:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Frank,

1- End of Miles? Why don't you play it live?
2- Did you hear about actual songwriters like Elliott Smith or Stephen Malkmus?
3- What will you be in 2 years?

I have to admit I miss the solo artist I used to see in places with human size but how complainig since you're still feeding us with great music !
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:16:20  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mr T, thanks for stopping by. I really enjoyed your shows last year in London and this year in Brixton.
I just wonderded how you found recording in Nashville? The rumours I heard, people like Steve Cropper were involved, and if this is true it must have been awesome.

PS I know its cheating, but did you get my Pixies thesis last year from Bob Allen @CV? Did you enjoy it? My name's Simon Briercliffe by the way.

"You ever seen a man say goodbye to a shoe?"
"Yes, once..."

Edited by - Cheeseman1000 on 10/08/2004 16:18:00
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:17:01  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
velvety, chud, ShakeyShake and soundofataris - feel free to post your questions!

Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:18:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just think of a chord progression off the top of your head and shout it out?I'll love you for even longer than I'm going to anyway.

Thanks again for dropping by,best of luck with the show tonight and life in general.
Tell Kim,Dave and Joey I said hi,and give Violet a hearty handshake from me.

Shemales have rights too...
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:22:53  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thisispop and fumanbru - please feel free to post a question!

I'm at the end of my queue, i haven't seen any other notes. FB will be leaving soon, but if you'd still like to ask a question, send me a note and hopefully there will be time!

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:25:32  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cuic and stevencassidy13 - go ahead and post too.

Go to Top of Page

cuic
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank !
I have two questions actually.
1. how do you feel about honeycomb being already available on soulseek and other illegal sites ?
2. will the next pixies album be on 4AD / Beggars Banquet ?

Thanks !!!
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nooooooo wheres my chord progression?

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:27:09  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Charles!!! See ya next time!

Go to Top of Page

soundofataris
= Cult of Ray =

USA
715 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope tjis isn't too late, Noisy, I went on a beer run.

Hi Charles. I'm really enjoying Honeycomb. My brother and myself will both be buying copies the day it comes out. I wanted to ask about your duet with Jean, Strange Goodbye. Was it a tough song to write/sing? Will Your ex embark upon her own singing career?

Also, any chance or the pixies playing Velvety w/ lyrics while in NYC? Probably not, right? 'I like that Lemur I lick it, that's velvety!' is one of my all time favorite lyrics. Weird, right? From all of us who missed it the first time, thank you for the reunion.

the sound of ataris kills me and my friends
'cause we know that we'll never go back there again
sometimes we play playstation
but it's not the same
Go to Top of Page

soundofataris
= Cult of Ray =

USA
715 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn!

the sound of ataris kills me and my friends
'cause we know that we'll never go back there again
sometimes we play playstation
but it's not the same
Go to Top of Page

stevencassidy13
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:28:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello charles, ever been to the maritimes canada? you should come, there are many fans. you played just for laughs cabaret in montreal a few years ago, we showed up from moncton nb, tomontreal knowing it was sold out. thanks to you, the promotion lady, the guy from captain beefheart and the french guy you kicked out of sound check. we got in thanks to you.seeyou in montreal in november!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:28:33  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all of you for participating and keeping things orderly. That's is why I love this forum. And of course thanks to Mr. T as well!

Now feel free to post/comment to your heart's content.

Maybe we'll have some sort of question list or what not next time and people can vote on the best ones and they'll get asked to FB when he has time.

Also, sorry to those who didn't get to ask their question.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"

Edited by - Cult_Of_Frank on 10/08/2004 16:29:42
Go to Top of Page

Conrad
- FB Fan -

Iceland
89 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:28:55  Show Profile  Visit Conrad's Homepage  Click to see Conrad's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Didn't you get my request, Dave? I sent you two times.

You had me at "Los Angeles"
Go to Top of Page

stevencassidy13
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ENCORE ENCORE!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

LBF1976
= Cult of Ray =

269 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave and Dean, that was pretty cool. Maybe he'll do it again sometime.

Floops quesedillas zijn te vergelijken met het likken van fatsige Albert's aars nadat hij een fles laxeermiddel heeft leeggedronken.
Go to Top of Page

toeknee
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:30:11  Show Profile  Click to see toeknee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That was great, but i think there could have been a queuing system put in place from the start.
Go to Top of Page

stevencassidy13
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks dave, but alas....
Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
232 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:30:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh man Cult of Frank's question was the best of the night! If only that one had been answered...let us know if you find anything out Dean ok?

Erik
Go to Top of Page

leica
- FB Fan -

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to FB for posting of course
Did anyone else feel the moderators went a little nuts editing around here in the last two hours. Somehow I feel as though we all just let out for recess.

Go to Top of Page

hybrid
- FB Fan -

Ireland
42 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:32:33  Show Profile  Click to see hybrid's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you Charles.
Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:32:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank,

What was that other song that you wrote and that was left out for the shreck 2 soundtrack in favour of bam thwock? Will it see the light of day?
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The queue method definately wasn't the best way to go about things.Fuck.I'm just pissed that he didn't give me a chord progression.

Go to Top of Page

toeknee
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:35:06  Show Profile  Click to see toeknee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Didn't you get it? He didn't know what a chord progression was.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:35:22  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure leica, but in the first couple minuites of opening this thread, it was so blogged down with postings it took 10 seconds for the page to refresh.

This technology has limits, and in order to maximize the experience to all some rules need be set.

Trying to be fair to all, and i think this went pretty well!

Cheers all,

- Dave

Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crap. Too late.
Go to Top of Page

KimStanleyRobinson
* Dog in the Sand *

1972 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevencassidy13

ENCORE ENCORE!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

Encores are sort of just not that planned. I miean, I write one down, but we might do something else. I don't how we decide. I guess the same way one decides on strawberry vs blueberry.

Lol...

Go to Top of Page

leica
- FB Fan -

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately Dave I think you and the other moderators are the only ones who felt this way.

Rules are fine. Etc ad infinitum. Its just that - why go around deleting posts left and right while the Q&A happens? Why lock threads that dont have to be locked? Why not start a question qeue at the time frank posted that he'd be around at 6 today? Why wait til 10 minutes before this thing happens to get the new thread rolling?

Maybe I am just a novice at this online chat stuff but how many people are here? 50? 500? I think the way that you locked everyone out kept them frustrated and attempting to post and repost thereby clogging up the server even more than the people who were refreshing.

Anyway, sorry to sound like such a rude tart, really it was a frustrating experience. And I could give a flip about my q's getting answered. I didn't even bother to email COF with them, it was too chaotic to bother.

Edited by - leica on 10/08/2004 22:57:35
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:40:30  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it went pretty fine Dave. Cheers!

"You ever seen a man say goodbye to a shoe?"
"Yes, once..."
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

songs on tour: we do the ones wee deem to be "A" list, because they are expected, are fun to play, etc. Again, from the stage's point og view, our uberfanz might be THRILLED to hear BAILEY'S WALK, but most of the crowd will be strangely unrensive. This is a fact based on my many years experience in the music bizness.

But the question isn't about "Bailey's Walk". With all due respect to the man, choosing as an example one of their least palatable songs doesn't suffice to show why they're not playing more from Bossonova and TLM. The suspicion remains that the true reason(s) a is(are) similar to those suggested by Peter. Guess he really does't want to talk about it.
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it went fine (not perfect, but who needs perfect). If there wasn't someone imposing some order (deleting posts of people who can't follow instructions) the whole thing would have been a mess.
Go to Top of Page

hybrid
- FB Fan -

Ireland
42 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:44:45  Show Profile  Click to see hybrid's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Questions should have been submitted well in advance, sifted through, then posted or emailed to Frank to answer.

Still, good to have some form of interaction.
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  16:46:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well in advance would require the moderators knowing well in advance that this opportunity was going to happen. You get what you paid for.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000