Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 It's been discussed I'm sure but.........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daddylonglegs
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  14:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This newbie cannot get enough of Horrible Day. It always amazes me when a song seems written just for myself. A hundred times later and it's still brand new....the reason I joined this forum. Nadine, Goodbye Lorraine, New House of the Pope, okay the whole album...

What does this say of me other than I have spectactular taste????

martha_promise
= Cult of Ray =

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  14:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, incredible album. SMYT has been in the rotation at times, longer than many others. It never seems to get old. Cannot WAIT until Honeycomb is released.

Oh, by the way, welcome!

~~I love the north part, I love your marble ear~~

Edited by - martha_promise on 07/17/2004 14:28:51
Go to Top of Page

Smart Alec
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
41 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  02:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. My favourite song on the album as well.

"Love Bang Crash a waka waka"
Go to Top of Page

pudmeister
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  13:28:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like new house and nadine, but cant stand horrible day or goodbye lorraine. Newbie to frank or the forum? if frank, go buy the first one tommorrow, then teenager the next day!

"Looking through the eye of a pig I see it all" - Cypress Hill
Go to Top of Page

My Velouria
- FB Fan -

France
93 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2004 :  15:17:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my favorite of the album becomes Everything is New...I can easily listen it a couple times in a row and it gives me good mood when I listen to it the morning...not that much people says this is one of their favorites but for me it is a great song
Go to Top of Page

Ford Prefect
- FB Fan -

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2004 :  15:40:31  Show Profile  Visit Ford Prefect's Homepage  Click to see Ford Prefect's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I like Nadine, Massif Centrale, Everything is New, and Goodbye Lorraine the most from that album.
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  13:37:51  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
welcome daddylonglegs.

Horrible Day is definitely an ace song, but not my favorite on SMYT. Nadine is up there, such a beautiful number that starts mellow and builds up to a raucous orgasm of guitar. love it. New House of the Pope is a truly transcendent song, possibly the best on SMYT.
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  10:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
written for me too longlegs. It is an amazing song like you say, can't get enough listens either.
SMYT is a Frank Black work of art.
Not only is it the most straight forward record he's ever made, and with less inspiring riffs than the rest, it's pure class.
This record should prove to Frank that he is up there with the best once and for all. The artists Frank listens too. You're just as good FB.

I always feel the Catholics is Frank proving to himself he can write like his peers, or just nodding in the direction of his 'heroes' from yester-year. Like those records are the ones to put on a pedestal or aspire to be. And for that reason the music is never made for the fan. Too right. that's how it should be. And I don't mean Iggy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000