New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guytrenzich
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  15:12:48  Show Profile  Visit guytrenzich's Homepage
Can anyone identify any of the schools Frank attended before U-Mass? How long was he at each of them? Some accounts have the first Pixies performance at Jack's, others at the Rat? Which is true? Did the Pixies rehearse in Kenmore Square, or in David Lovering's parents' garage? From what part of Boston did David come? Does anyone know Frank's age when his parents divorced? How about his abortive high school bands? Can anyone fill me in on his archaeological experience in Arizona? Was it his dad or his stepdad who paid for the Purple Tape? Who offered to pay his way to New Zealand to see Halley's Comet? Does anyone have contact details for Eric Drew Feldman, Morris Teper, or any of the current Catholics, or any past road crew members?

Author, My Nites of Sin with the Pixies and, Later, Frank Black!

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  15:23:16  Show Profile
Read the lyrics to "Shazeb Andleeb" for a clue as to where Frank went to high school....

I am: Seeking: For: To Make:
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  17:23:07  Show Profile
This guy seems slightly obsessive with his questions...how about - what colour underwear does FB wear?! ;)
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  18:21:50  Show Profile
Lomita!
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  19:07:56  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Wow - he changed his name but kept his sig - how enigmatic....

666 Dunkin' Donuts, a 20-inch veggie pizza from Gumby's, extra jalapenos on the side. And a case of Asahi Dry -
Go to Top of Page

martha_promise
= Cult of Ray =

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  20:14:03  Show Profile
Pretty clever...

~~Polly-ann drove steel like a man~~
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  22:23:42  Show Profile
Slightly obsessive I'd say, though if he's writing a Pixies/Frank Black book, then that might sort of explain it. However, if he's writing a FB book then you'd think he'd at least get to have an interview with the man himself.
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  22:39:34  Show Profile
Why didn't you just ask Frank Black these questions on one of your "nites of sin"?

This is gonna be some book.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  23:15:22  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address
Chapter 3: The Color of Frank's Underwear
Chapter 4: Does Frank Read Magazines When He's on the Crapper?

-Nathan
And how does lemur's skin reflect the sea?
http://vovat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  06:24:24  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address
Is this a sanctioned biography or an Un-authorized biography?

Ask the man yourself. All you'll get from us is speculation.

How about doing a coffee table book on "Tell us how and when you found the PIXIES", and use our quotes. Zero effort on your part and no reason to bother the Man.

Any reason to keep the longest running thread still alive.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  09:48:00  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage
Charles attended the University Of Puerto Rico in Rio Piedras for one semester as an exchange student.Obviously he spent more time at the beach than attending classes.The Pixies rehearsed at David Lovering's parents garage.About the Arizona expedition,there's a bootleg of Frank's second show ever,in Temple or is it Tempe Arizona where he asks audience members about a college and a certain archaeology professor in the area,he told the audience members to say hi to him if he's still teaching there.From what I've read it was his dad who paid for the Purple Tape.And Finally he never saw Halley's comet he choose to visit Puerto Rico instead as mentioned before (if he had chosen to see the comet the songs like Isla De Encanta,well Isla Del Encanto to say it properly,Crackity Jones and many others that have references to the island would have never existed. For more info visit Alec Eiffel's Pixies History and Biography at: membres.lycos.fr/alec
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  10:05:52  Show Profile
at the DIY Convention he mentioned where the Pixies had their first gig. it wasn't The Rat, as is commonly thought.. i'll dig it up. or you can listen to it when Atheist4Catholics gets it up..
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  10:49:29  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage
Hello Guytrenzich,about you question,Rio Piedras is part of the San Juan Metropolitan Area,not in the Old San Juan Historic area but close.About Frank's Hospedaje (dormitory)it is a tall building like 25 floors and it was a male only dormitory,I believe they let girls stay now too.It's right next to the University and Frank's description of it as Roman Bathhouse? I guess he referred to all the gays and transvestites hanging out in the lobby and around the hallways.I guess there was a kind of perverted alcohol and drug induced craziness going around.Just think of his description of his roommate in Crackity Jones and you'll get the idea.It was around 1985.Any other questions I will gladly answer to the best of my knowledge,I have many friends who attended there during that time,too bad Charles never met them,he would have found rockers and punk fans who would have given him a hand and took him out to see our underground music scene which he would have liked!!
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:05:57  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

.And Finally he never saw Halley's comet he choose to visit Puerto Rico instead as mentioned before (if he had chosen to see the comet the songs like Isla De Encanta,well Isla Del Encanto to say it properly,Crackity Jones and many others that have references to the island would have never existed. For more info visit Alec Eiffel's Pixies History and Biography at: membres.lycos.fr/alec

This is what I'm talking about with second had information and speculation. I've read that he was in Puerto Rico when he chose Boston and forming a band over seeing Halley's comet down under.

Guy Trenzich needs to talk to Charles to get definitive answers.

Go to Top of Page

djmartins
- FB Fan -

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:13:02  Show Profile
Hmmm....

There really wasn't a band in high school.
It was me and Charles who used to jam a bit,
and another guy from school including the
guidance counselor who played keyboards for a song.
I was in a band before that that really only played out once,
but practiced a lot.
He went to a lot of different schools and
he probaly doesn't like people asking too many questions.

DJ

Edited by - djmartins on 02/19/2004 11:15:41
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:19:31  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guytrenzich

Can anyone identify any of the schools Frank attended before U-Mass? How long was he at each of them? Some accounts have the first Pixies performance at Jack's, others at the Rat? Which is true? Did the Pixies rehearse in Kenmore Square, or in David Lovering's parents' garage? From what part of Boston did David come? Does anyone know Frank's age when his parents divorced? How about his abortive high school bands? Can anyone fill me in on his archaeological experience in Arizona? Was it his dad or his stepdad who paid for the Purple Tape? Who offered to pay his way to New Zealand to see Halley's Comet? Does anyone have contact details for Eric Drew Feldman, Morris Teper, or any of the current Catholics, or any past road crew members?

Author, My Nites of Sin with the Pixies and, Later, Frank Black!

You again!

Hey, we will give you answers if you give us something in exchange, that's the way humanity works, dude. I believe you will get paid for your book, right? And who knows, perhaps you're a horrible baby snatcher and you will use this money to evil purposes. Why should we give any information to you. Ask the Man, if you really want to know...

Have some wine, please, don't run away.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:27:07  Show Profile
They did practice in Lovering's garage...apparently Joey saw 'Pixie' in a dictionary and loved it's description of 'a mischevious, elf-like spirit'(or something like that). They shortened their name(thankfully) from Pixies In Panapoly. Lovering became involved because he was at Deal's wedding...he's the only real Bostonian in the band. I know, you've heard all this before!

CARL.

"ME TOO!"
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:34:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by djmartins

He went to a lot of different schools and
he probaly doesn't like people asking too many questions.

Can't blame him. Who needs to know this stuff to enjoy the music? It's pathetic.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:38:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas

quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

.And Finally he never saw Halley's comet he choose to visit Puerto Rico instead as mentioned before (if he had chosen to see the comet the songs like Isla De Encanta,well Isla Del Encanto to say it properly,Crackity Jones and many others that have references to the island would have never existed. For more info visit Alec Eiffel's Pixies History and Biography at: membres.lycos.fr/alec

This is what I'm talking about with second had information and speculation. I've read that he was in Puerto Rico when he chose Boston and forming a band over seeing Halley's comet down under.

Guy Trenzich needs to talk to Charles to get definitive answers.

that's right. that's what i've read too.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  12:57:12  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
For the record, I wasn't suggesting your name change had sinister motives, guytrenzich - it was meant as a joke, thus the part about the sig - obviously if you were trying to be sneaky, you would have dropped your personalized signature. I apologize if that is not how it translated.

I also find it a bit difficult to understand why you would ask fans on a forum to feed you information that you can easily google and actually find substantiated sources for, versus anonymous conjecture. The other personal items I would imagine should be a matter of contacting the specific people in question to find out or get permission to write about. Otherwise, wouldn't the finished work be more of a tabloid nature? I don't think true Frank Black or Pixies fans would appreciate that.

Maybe you are just unaware of how you are coming across, but I would imagine that if you are serious about this, you might want to clarify your intent and put us at ease with a bit more effort than just a barrage of personal questions about Frank Black, his familial particulars, and directly contacting various Catholics. As others have suggested, perhaps you should talk to the man himself -the FAQ on FB on this website mentions how that might be done. I really hope that this does not come across wrong - I'm just a lowly fan, but I want to be forthright rather than dance around the subject. If you're for real, and you have authorization from the respective members of the bands and other parties involved, good luck to you.

666 Dunkin' Donuts, a 20-inch veggie pizza from Gumby's, extra jalapenos on the side. And a case of Asahi Dry -
Go to Top of Page

djmartins
- FB Fan -

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  05:41:54  Show Profile

Best bet: ask the man in preson yourself.

I put the odds at 50/50 he'll do it.
He controls his personal info,
as it should be.
Just enjoy his music.
I gotta say, isn't his song writing just
getting better and better?
His voice too!

DJ
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  06:18:06  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
if you don't hurry you'll never gonna finish your book.the man is producing new stuff at the speed of light.last time you asked the pixies weren't yet reunited and since then there are news for a double frank black cd,2 catholics cd's and rumours about a new pixies record.if you keep asking fans you'll never get enough.ask frank and the alec eifel guys for pixies info and trivia.a little google search doesn't hurt either,loads of interviews with personal info by the man himself.check these topics for links(you can thank the quote team later):

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3120

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3941

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:13:17  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage
Mine bad that I got the Halley Comet fact wrong,I didn't have the biography at hand when I wrote my comments.I'm not a Pixies biographer I only translated the biography for Alec Eiffel! Thanks for pointing that out and like all of you I suggested the guy to get an interview with the man himself."Don't give me no shit because, I'VE BEEN TIRED"!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000