Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  07:28:35  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I found them by accident in 1988. My friend was in a local (NYC) band and he gave me a magazine to show that he was listed at a local venue. I saved the magazine and luck would have it that there was an article on the Pixies for their album Surfer Rosa. I took a chance, what I thought at the time was a long shot, and bought it and was blown away at first listen. I was able to see my first show in Dec. of 1990. It took that long because I was an active member of the military at that time and it wasn’t as easy to follow your favorite band back then as it is now with web sites like pollstar dot com and the like. My second and last show was Feb 5, 1992.

I still have the magazine.

Thomas
"Our love is rice and beans and horses lard"
bump

Edited by - Thomas on 02/29/2004 13:56:19

faskner
- FB Fan -

Brazil
75 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  07:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was in 1988. I was 12 years old and I heard Where Is My Mind on the radio in my hometown [Porto Alegre, south of Brazil]. That song freaked me out that night. A few days later I recorded it from the radio on a tape and I read on a brazilian music magazine an article about Surfer Rosa. I bought the record as soon as I saw it but I couldn't understand what's going on with that band with that guy screaming that way - I mean, rock music was The Smiths for me, at that time. It took me some time to understand all that record. Surfer Rosa is my favorite Pixies record. And I was lucky enough to see Frank playing in Chicago last april, and he opened his set with the first song I heard from him. Thank you, Frank. You made two guys really happy with that show.

- Guilherme
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  08:52:02  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jan 94, i was leaving the small shithole town i grew up in Ontario to move to Victoria, BC. I'd gotten several new cassettes to listen to on the plan, etc.. Trompe le Monde was one of them.

- Dave
Go to Top of Page

Jettison
- FB Fan -

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  10:14:47  Show Profile  Visit Jettison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pump up the volume...

-Jettison
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  12:55:54  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it was 97 or 98. I had heard of them quite a few times (being an obsessed Nirvana fan at the time). I had this good friend online who was also a Nirvana fan as well as a big Pixies fan. He sent me a 24 second clip of "Gigantic," of all songs. It was "hey paul hey paul......gigantic....a big big love." So I listened to it a few times and it really stuck. I was expecting this 80s alt rock girl band (the name, the clip..it made sense). So eventually I bought Surfer Rosa from Circuit City and I remember one of the first things I thought was "Woah, who's this guy? He sounds a lot like that guy from the Talking Heads!" The first time through eased me in. I listened to it a second time and I was hooked. It's still my favorite Pixies album (and surprisingly, Gigantic is one of my least favorite). I still remember how clueless I was before I bought the album and how foreign/weird they seemed to me.
Go to Top of Page

ayers
- FB Fan -

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  19:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first time i heard them was my freshman year of high school (I'm a senior now so i guess it was only three years ago). actually it was mdisanto who i heard them from first. Now he's got half the school liking them.

--Why must I live in Ewan? --
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
- FB Fan -

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  22:06:53  Show Profile  Visit Mickey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been a fan of Frank Black since I was in 7th grade. That is when the Cult of Ray came out and "Men in Black" was a pretty popular radio single here. In my sophmore year of highschool I got really, REALLY into Frank and the albums just weren't enough for me anymore. I began reading about him online and discovered that he began his career in this mysterious band that I knew nothing about but had heard name dropped a few times. From what I'd read it seemed like he wasn't the singer, but, strangley enough, the girl from the Breeders was!

So I found Doolittle at a used record store and holy shit, FRANK IS THE SINGER!! AND HE FLIPS OUT!! I had the rest of the albums within a month and a half.

MAN, I love Frank Black.

-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2002 :  04:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was 17, I listened to Teenager Of The Year in the biggest record shop of Montpellier (France), I've never heard about the Pixies or FB before, I wasn't much a rocker at this time (a bit of Nirvana and old Genesis records, i had a Breeders tape without knowing anything about Kim Deal), I bought it and I still think it's the best record ever made. Then I bought "Frank Black" and as I wanted more a friend offered me Trompe le monde.

What is strange, it's that I've did the same thing with a Mike Watt CD, and I discovered at home that Frank was singing on "Chinese Firedrill".

In fact I'm more a FB fan than a Pixies one. May be because I still can hope for a new FB record every year.

"Forget your Ying and go fuck your Yang"
Go to Top of Page

gibbo
- FB Fan -

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2002 :  05:06:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was 88 or 89, so I was 16 or 17, when I heard River Euphrates on some college radio station out of NYC (we were in North Jersey) while at a friend's house. Have a Pixies/Frank Black fan ever since.

Gibbo

Edited by - gibbo on 09/26/2002 05:07:46
Go to Top of Page

GiJoewithKungFuGrip
- FB Fan -

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2002 :  06:44:28  Show Profile  Visit GiJoewithKungFuGrip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw them in Dallas opening up for U2 in 91. Hooked ever since.

"I'll have the cheese and eggs, scrambled,with plain toast,grits,bacon and hashbrowns scattered and covered."
Go to Top of Page

switchy
- Gigographer -

324 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  00:54:15  Show Profile  Visit switchy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i got into "good" music about the time i started high school, around '92/'93. only a couple years earlier i remember hanging out in my buddy's room listening to 'Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em' and 'To The Extreme' way too much.
MTV didn't play much cool music, but once in a while they'd show a clip of something cool.. "Dirty Blvd" by Lou Reed (they played a clip because it was nominated for a VMA.. only time i ever saw it) , "Mountain Song" by Jane's Addiction (in a News special talking about songs with hard-to-understand lyrics [must've been around the Teen Spirit revolution]), and "Monkey Gone To Heaven" (can't remember the reason they showed it, but i thought it was a cool clip and i liked the strings)
Eventually i started listening to the alternative radio station in my area (or "cutting edge of rock" as they say) and they lead me away from the dark side and into the arms of good music. Geez, i'm really jabbering on here.. but anyways, i heard "MonkeyGTH" and "here comes your man" a few times, bought Doolittle (had a mixed response to it, but eventually picked up their other albums). Around the same time, i heard "Los Angeles" and "Hang On To Your Ego" a bunch of times and bought Frank's first one. So thanks, 91X. Too bad they play 95% shit these days.
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  22:42:40  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In 1997, I was writing to a person I knew in Canada. We both liked the same sort of music, so I asked her to send me a tape of the stuff she was listening to at that point in time. The tape contained Gouge Away, I couldn't believe how good it was, and is stillprobably the greatest song that Ive ever heard. So, after hearing Gouge, I went out and bought all of the Pixies albums, and was constantly scanning indy record shops for cd bootlegs.

About a year later I picked up Cult of Ray for 2 pounds, and ever since I have been hooked on Frank Black as well. Who says Cult of Ray is shit?? Thats the album that made me realise that Frank Black was a genius.

In my opinion, Frank Black & Catholics are as good as the Pixies. If it happened I'd be skeptical about the reasons for a Pixies reunion. If it did happen then it would just be for the money, which would be the wrong reason. Also, if a new album did come out and was a pile of cack, or was an average release then it would devalue the great things they did back in the late 80's early 90's. I would love them to be together again, but I reckon Franks doing right by not reforming.
Go to Top of Page

Ericg
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  18:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to be an asshole, but I'd love to see the Pixies reunite. I never got to see them when they were together, and it would blow my mind. I love Frank's solo stuff, and have seen him twice. Still, I miss Kim's voice in some of the older Pixies stuff like "I Bleed", "D=RXT", "Where is My Mind"...and I would bust a nut if I could here "Bird Dream" live, as it is probably my fav. Pixies tune.
Go to Top of Page

Jose Jones
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1758 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  21:28:18  Show Profile  Visit Jose Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm kind of embarrassed of my story.
in 1994 i became a HUGE weezer fan. then i became a huge superdrag fan. i also like nada surf a lot. then, in 1998, a tribute album of some band called the pixies came out, featuring weezer, superdrag, and nada surf. well, i went and pickes it up. i like the songs a lot and thought they were really weird, so i wondered what the actual band sounded like. a month later i was at a used cd store and i bought death to the pixies.
yada yada yada, now i have the cover of doolittle tattooed on my right arm.
and frank blows me away. there is no better, in my opinion.

-dan
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  02:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1992- I was 14, i heard them... thought little of it... tooo into classic rock at the time...

1996 issue of rolling stone, some top 50 albums list.. Surfa Rosa made the list... i heard "you are so pretty when you are unfaithful to me"... then I heard Cult of Ray...

I've heard FB live play almost 10 pixies songs in 4 or 5 shows

i can't get enough of FB
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  08:48:53  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In 1989 I was just getting introduced to music beyond rap (RUN DMC and the FAT BOYS were kinda running their course with me...) and my uncle who had played me Elvis Costello and the Pretneders (and who always has been into good, integral music and who would frequently bemoan to me how lame popular music had gotten since those two guys came out) one day sent me a tape-to-tape copy of Dolittle while I was away at summer camp, saying "THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE HEARD IN YEARS" - turns out he was at the local 'indie' record shop in our town of Akron, OH (Quonset Hut) and overherad the album playing on the store stereo, and immediately asked for a copy - on tape, of course (this was 89, so tape was still the norm). So I get the tape and asked around the camp to all the 'cool' kids if they had heard it - and nobody had! (these were they kids that turned me onto REM, Violent Femmes, and other college rock staples) So I played that tape every day for the next four weeks, and then when I got back home, I went out and bought my first CD player. And what did my uncle get me as a present? My first CD - the Pixies' Dolittle. The rest is fucking hisotry as I quickly searched out Come on Pligrim - first on tape, then on the double CD with Surfer Rosa (the single albums weren't available yet) and suddenly Bossonova came out, then Trompe Le Monde, and by that time I was the biggest pixies fan I personally knew. The saddest thing in my life was that all those high school years I couldn't go see the pixies because they played too far away on a SCHOOL NIGHT! Opening for the Cure - nope. Playing with Love and Rockets - nope. Playing with Pere Ubu in Cleveland - sorry, school tomorrow. So it was with much anticipation that I got in line for my wristband to go see them open for U2 (admittedly not my first choice of venue - a giant coleseum) on March 25th, 1992. But as fate would have it, that day would turn into the worst day of my life as I moved away from my childhood home of 12 years and was forced to miss the show.

Of course it was made a bit nicer when I moved back to Ohio just in time to see Frank and Joey Santiago play in Cleveland with the Rev. Horton Heat on the first Frank Black tour. The music lives on.

Alienation confers freedom. Obscurity will keep you pure. Pray that you won’t be discovered young, so that you won’t be tempted to sell out early, or won’t be seduced by celebrity.

--THE PATH OF THE ARTIST
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  12:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was into frank black before i had heard any pixies album. Actually my brother had 311's album (self-titled) and they have a line like "you should take a tip from the one frank black, play some pachinko, play pacheesi" in one of their songs. so my brother and his friend wondered about who this frank black was so they bought one of his albums (cult of ray). My bro and his friends were then playing cult of ray one fine day, and i came in and looked at the cover and thought "man this is funny looking". I gradually got into his music and learned the importance of Frank Black. I think bossanova was the first pixies album i heard, but i was a huge frank black fan first, then i got into the pixies. I am more into frank black than the pixies. maybe it's because the pixies are in a sense "completed". there isn't gonna be a fresh new pixies album. but frank black... heck we got two in one year! but don't get me wrong, i love the pixies too.

Derek
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  15:15:08  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well i first heard the pixies in '93 when my sister came home for a holiday from varsity with doolittle and last spalsh....
before this i had been into dire straits stuff...
what i heard was unlike anything i had heard before and i used to listen to those cds' constantly.....i'd get up at like 6 am just so i could listen to them before anyone else got up and annoyed me....
it was a struggle to find anything from the pixies where i came from. but over the next few years, i managed to acquire all their albums on tape....
the first ever cd i bought was cult of ray....
and the rest they say, is history...
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  18:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it was in the winter of 97, little after new years that i discovered the pixies..At the time i was only 13 and my bro brought home a tape with the doolittle album on it..I heard debaser and i was immedeatly intreagued, i thought that those guys must be one of the biggest bands in the world..i soon found out to my surprise that they wern't. When wave of mutilation came on, during my first listen to doolittle i thought what a catchy happy toon..as u can tell i didnt focus all that much on the lyrics, just the melody. I was so energized by that song, just blown away. A year later i got death to the pixies then the rest of there CD's, then downloaded non stop bootleg's off of napster...got into frank black and the c's and am listening to devil's workshop all the time..Franks a magician.
Go to Top of Page

carsonwerner
= Cult of Ray =

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  18:32:50  Show Profile  Visit carsonwerner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heard Where is my Mind in the movie Fight Club, and I just had to find out what song it was. Downloaded a couple others, bought some CDs. After that it was unstoppable, turned me on to Frank Black's solo stuff, and now I have all the albums.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  19:55:34  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Champ

When wave of mutilation came on, during my first listen to doolittle i thought what a catchy happy toon..as u can tell i didnt focus all that much on the lyrics, just the melody.

It is a happy catchy tune. The misconception is that it is not.

"It's the Nexus of the Crisis"
BÖCswu

Edited by - Thomas on 09/30/2002 19:58:31
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2002 :  01:31:21  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like everyone immediately loved the Pixies at first listen... I began by borrowing Surfer Rosa in 1995, just liked it, but then a friend of mine who really was into the Pixies forced me to listen to it again and again and I began to really love it. Then he gave me the other 3 albums on tape... and I hated them! I couldn't stand the way the drums sounded on Bossa and Trompe. That's weird. I gave the records one more chance and little by little discovered the genius of the Pixies' music.
My first Frank solo experience was loveable though. We saw the Cult Of Ray in a record store when he was released, I didn't particularly care for it but my friend bought it, and then we went skiing in the Alps and spent the entire week listening to the album like 5 times a day. I guess it's the reason why it has a special place in my heart, being my first Frank record and all... We were skiing while screaming the Marsist's lyrics at top of our lungs... That was amazing.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  03:56:22  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i was introduced to pixies through carsonwerner who heard it off fight club. i didnt really like where is my mind at first. after like a week or so after he sent the mp3 to me i decided to try listening again for the hell of it. thats pretty much how every new frank or pixies album goes for me. multiple listens that is, although you can always tell the best tracks right away, like chip away boy.

-miked
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  12:11:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I was and am a huge Toadies fan, but more so last year... anyway I kept hearing that the Toadies lead singers favorite band was the Pixies and were influenced alot by them...then a friend of mine played where is my mind and I dug it, so I read some reviews and bought Surfer Rosa and Doolittle and really got into them....now my life is complete
Go to Top of Page

IJWGA
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  17:12:20  Show Profile  Visit IJWGA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bought a Pixies single years ago, and liked Alec Eiffel on the b-side but not anything else on it .... then last year I decided to try them again because I loved The Breeders so much, and Trompe Le Monde totally turned me, so I worked backwards through their albums from that. Now I'm just starting on Frank's solo stuff, so I know I've got loads more pleasures still to come!

---
We were rich once / Before your head exploded / Imagine doing just what the Big Bang did?
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  20:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1989-- I heard "Number 13 Baby" on KXLU and thought it was the Meat Puppets!
Go to Top of Page

MikeW
- FB Fan -

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2002 :  13:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God, I must have been 7 years old (fall of 1987). My brother who was 12 at the time turned me on to them. He had the purple tape and he would listen to that tape full blast every morning while we got ready for school. This actually triggers a bunch of funny shit that my brother did. But I also remember when my brother came home with the Surfer Rosa album, he was excited, almost to the point that I thought he was gonna cry when that needle touched the vinyl. hhaaaahah, I remember we were in catechism and he was trying to pop this pimple he had on his chin, the nun who taught the class grabbed him by the arm and put him in front of the class and asked him why he was playing with his face, my brother grins and he says, ....."I gotta broken face, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh ooooooooohhhh!" and he did it a couple times it looked funny. I guess you had to be there.
Go to Top of Page

Jose Jones
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1758 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2002 :  21:24:32  Show Profile  Visit Jose Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you had the most amazing childhood. i can't wait til i have kids, then i can shove frank black songs down their throats. they'll be the coolest kids ever.

-dan
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2002 :  20:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was 15 (late 87 or 88)and really into an eclectic mix of sounds (like the Dead Kennedy's, Frank Zappa, Smiths,Mudhoney, Bowie, Napalm Death etc.)when a guy a year or so ahead of me in school handed me Surfer Rosa and told me that when I heard it I'd be a dedicated Pixies fan forever...He was right, Thanks Karl!
Go to Top of Page

johndietzel
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
464 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  02:16:47  Show Profile  Visit johndietzel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A guy whose band at my highschool did Nimrod's Son at an assembly with the minor modification "you are the son of a married couple" entertained my Siouxsie and Cure influenced queries by suggesting Doolittle as more "tame" than its predecessors. I bought it on tape and was frankly quite confused and intimidated by it. That was in the afternoon. That night--and 78 listens later--I was hooked. Then it was a dubbed tape of Pilgrim/Surferrosa, and I was actually excited for Bossa Nova to be released. My first CD was the Here Comes Your Man single, bought before I ever had a player for it, because I was excited about the B-sides.

I also have a pretty cool story about running around the streets of San Francisco to find a ticket for the Pixies headlining the Warfield, while on tour with U2. Which reminds me, there's a two disc bootleg called I think Planet of Sound that I would kill to get, because it is almost certainly a record of THAT particular show. If anyone has it, please tell me, and I will do whatever to meet your trade demands.

I suppose I am biased since I did see the Pixies while they lived, but I would hate to see a reunion. Ok, not hate, because, barring severe brain trauma, I would have to trust Frank's judgment if he were to choose to reunite. But if he did it by legal compulsion or under some other similar type of duress, I wouldn't be too excited. Oh, and if it was anything like the Velvet Underground thing with touring on your old standards, as opposed to actually being a real band, I would be embarrassed for them.

"Plain n' simp--the system's a pimp, but I refuse to be a ho."
Chuck D
Go to Top of Page

wepeel
- FB Fan -

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  19:41:09  Show Profile  Visit wepeel's Homepage  Click to see wepeel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i got into frank black the same way as JoseJones. weezer... well, the only difference was that this happened last year. i liked weezer when they came out. my sister played the sweater song a lot. i was 4. so, when i met Mikey Welsh and heard about the pixies everywhere i bought bossanova and it just started right from there. i'm officially the coolest 12 year old ever. ^_^

=wepeel
Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  22:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weird...I have the "Planet of Sound" bootleg...but I don't have any demands...can you think of one? Just to make sure, the CD has, "Recorded live April, 16th 1992, San Francisco, Ca." printed on the back by "goregon music." I also have two Pixies' concerts on videotape, but the quality is sub-par level(the tape, not performance)...this post should be in trades requests I guess...don't you hate sentences that never end?..
Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  22:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and I would pay a ticket to see Frank play with or without a band...catholics, pixies, teenage fanclub...or by his' self. I was a Frank Black fan before I was a Pixies fan...
Go to Top of Page

Leah
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2002 :  06:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some funny fellow Trinidad chick introduced me by means of Velouria about 12 years ago.

8 years later I met a man, (he was a good man) wearing a black bikers leather jacket with the Pixies logo circa Bossanova painted in white on the back of it. He and I are still close and the jacket is still given the occasional airing...

Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  08:37:49  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I heard my first Pixies song a cople of years when I was working in a cell phone store called Silver Tooth here in England. My boss Chris used to play music pretty much all day from his PC. It was nearly all 80's acid house stuff that kind of got on my nerves but one day he asked me if i'd heard of a band called the Pixies. Being a pixies virgin my first thoughts were "wow, what a lame name for a band" and "sounds like an Irish folk group". He played Monkey Gone To Heaven and I was pretty unimpressed. Chris did however convince me that Fight Club, a film that I had originally found a little tedious was much better the second time round. I bought the DVD on his recommendation and Where Is My Mind quickly became one of my favouirte songs of all time.

A few months later I had quit the job but on a holiday in Dublin I saw Surfer Rosa and Come On Pilgrim for the bargain price of £5.00. I have to admit I found it very hard to digest at first being mainly a rap fan but I stuck with it and it's now probably my fave CD of all time. I've seen Chris twice since then. Once from the projection room of the cinema where I now work and again from the window of a moving car. Pity I never got the chance to say thanks, but maybe one day. Like the Pixies, Silver Tooth is now gone but not forgotten.

On another note I recently asked Frank a few questions in an interview on Blog Critics. I wrote my questions in a hurry and I think I kinda insulted him. I regret this now and hope you all take pity on someone in a very negative mood writing questions at about 1 in the morning. Take a look yourselves...

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2002/09/09/202154.php

On the plus side though I think I got the longest answers. :)

Your darling critic
Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  08:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This blog came up in another topic, and we all hated it. At least I did.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000