Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  12:43:45  Show Profile
i would never go to a strip club, because that would be exploitative of women etc etc..

but i've heard some interesing things about some strip clubs in Canada.. can any of you Canadians shed some light on the (horrible) stripping industry up there?

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  12:52:27  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
I heard they mostly involve peeling the bark off of maple trees. Lots of maple syrup served, too.
Go to Top of Page

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  12:53:29  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage
The International House of Paincakes!

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders

Edited by - WolfManMikeLonely on 11/20/2003 12:53:50
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  12:56:03  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Beautiful. Paincakes.

Just the other day I was contemplating whether the "attics" in those giant pitched roofs were the Illuminati's meeting place. Think about it. What the hell is up there?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  13:04:25  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris

I heard they mostly involve peeling the bark off of maple trees. Lots of maple syrup served, too.

Ahahahahaha! Missing: one gut.

Floop, I've been to a Canadian one once and have never been back to a Canadian or American one so I can't offer you a comparison, but I can tell you that it was about as awful as I imagine it would be anywhere.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

rockathon
- FB Fan -

241 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  13:48:10  Show Profile
a buddy of mine told me they start out wearing hockey sweaters, which is odd
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  13:58:39  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Heh, odd but probably just wherever he was/one girl or something.

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  14:28:00  Show Profile
someone i met once told me a first-hand account of a strip club in Canada (i can't remember the city now) where, apparantly, how shall i say this? the strippers didn't just strip for you..

i was just curious if that was more common in Canada or not..

just for the record, i'm not into strip clubs.. though i have nothing against them either. i've probably only been to about a half a dozen strip clubs. and almost every one of those times was for a bachelor party. i had fun, but strip clubs are a money pit..

i was just curious if they're less strict about certain things in Canada, or if it was just this particular city (or club)..
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  14:49:12  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Well, maybe in that city? They're not even legal in our province, and I think in most the rule is look but don't touch. I wouldn't put it past Quebec, though...

Go to Top of Page

Johnny Yen
= Cult of Ray =

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  16:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Johnny Yen's Homepage
Here's a link reviewing some of the strip clubs on the god forsaken St. Catherine St. up in shitbag montreal.
http://www.sexwork.com/montreal/stripclubs.html

Club SuperSexe is something of a mecca up there (at least to Vermont high school boys)
I've never been (really), but in 8th grade we went on a field trip to montreal, and all us boys bought nudie playing cars in Chinatown. HA!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6116 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  23:43:12  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
If I follow that link and my mom finds out....

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

GHutt
- FB Fan -

105 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  23:58:12  Show Profile
The thing about Canada is that our one dollar currency is a coin, not a bill. I've heard horrible stories of, um, for lack of a better phrase, "target practice" with said currency.

Edited by - GHutt on 11/20/2003 23:58:59
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  01:07:31  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage
That's true. Never been to a strip club, but that's all I hear about them, is how good some people are at chucking loonies.

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  06:27:04  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
i've been to a strip club once.it was new years eve and i was completely drunk but i remember clearly that the girls striped under the sounds of:

rage against the machine : bombtrack

plus songs from iggy pop,smiths and others.they had a completely fucked up dj.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
www.superabound.altervista.org
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  06:31:19  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
<obsessively washes money> not. clean. enough!
Go to Top of Page

Dallas
= Cult of Ray =

USA
725 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  08:27:16  Show Profile
They have some massive world-class strip clubs in Dallas and Houston, here in Texas. I havent been on a non-bachelor party strip club visit in 10 years or so. The women in Texas are generally very pretty and the top-end strip clubs have phenomenal looking girls working there. Probably just like the gals in the great white north.

I've never been a big strip club guy, after about a half hour or so you've pretty much experienced all you are going to.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  11:43:56  Show Profile
Strip clubs are for dirty old men with not enough money or too much and still never get laid because they suck. I feel sorry for the women, as they have to be little caged sex animals to make a living, quite a good living too from what I understand. I mean, those strippers make amazing money, but at what expence to their self-esteem?

I'll go for parties or something, or if someone else is buying, but I'd rather sit at home and jetk off, or go out to a nightclub and happen to pass by the girl of my dreams. At least at a bar there is a 1% chance you might actually meet someone interesting.

At a strip club, I think the odds plummit from a smokey bar.
Go to Top of Page

the swimmer
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1602 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  12:35:40  Show Profile  Visit the swimmer's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Little Black Francis

Strip clubs are for dirty old men with not enough money or too much and still never get laid because they suck. I feel sorry for the women, as they have to be little caged sex animals to make a living, quite a good living too from what I understand. I mean, those strippers make amazing money, but at what expence to their self-esteem?

I'll go for parties or something, or if someone else is buying, but I'd rather sit at home and jetk off, or go out to a nightclub and happen to pass by the girl of my dreams. At least at a bar there is a 1% chance you might actually meet someone interesting.

At a strip club, I think the odds plummit from a smokey bar.

When you get older you'll realize that that is a victimless crime.

Stupid Gits with money to blow trade it to some beautiful women who trade a flash of their nakedness for said loads of money.

Both sides get what they want.

Isn't that beautiful.....

So don't give me any BS about how they are exploited. 90% of the women in those places are very smart, intelligent, undoubtedly beautiful and would rather show some booby and who-ha (cute words) then have to "work" for 70 percent of what a man makes doing some lame office job or being a waitress for 2.19 an hour.

They can quit, but the amount of money they make is INCREDIBLE for what they do.

I wish I was a beautiful girl. When I got finished staring at myself naked in a mirror all day and wanted to make some wuick bucks, I think stripping would be the correct way to go.

Of course, I could go to school, get a fancy degree, FIND A JOB, then be happy with 72 cents on the dollar of what a man makes.

But if I was a hot girl (after I got finished giving myself a long bubblebath) I would not want to do that,

All I am saying is...don't "feel sorry" for these girls because they wouldn't want you to and they don't need your pity.

Just as men, think of the position we put them in in the first place. The strippers aren't bad or stupid.

I really admire someone who can do that. It takes a lot of guts, but women are a lot stronger than men give them credit for.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  12:45:31  Show Profile
they're also very talented too (some of them).. i mean, let's not underestimate the striptease as an artform.

they can convincingly make you belive that they like you, when in fact they just want your money and probably dispise you.. that takes talent.
Go to Top of Page

Johnny Yen
= Cult of Ray =

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  12:46:11  Show Profile  Visit Johnny Yen's Homepage
LBF, once when I was walking by a strip club (i forget where, i think portland) 2 oldman & old woman couples walked out the door having a pleasant conversation. I think they were hanging out there (hopefully not just getting out of work!!!) It was kinda weird.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  12:48:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Yen

LBF, once when I was walking by a strip club (i forget where, i think portland) 2 oldman & old woman couples walked out the door having a pleasant conversation. I think they were hanging out there (hopefully not just getting out of work!!!) It was kinda weird.

i was once (cough!) walking by a strip club too and there were quite a few couples in there..

i've heard that it's kind of the hip thing to do for girls these days. especially in Vegas, i've heard.
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  12:49:03  Show Profile
I have to strongly disagree with a whole lot of that.
That's generalizing way too much.
Plus being objectified as such can do a number on one's head
if not at the very least be patronizing as hell.
And what's more patronizing is having this as a career in order to make a decent dollar. Why don't people just say hey your brains are useless all we need is your tits.

What I don't understand is why guys even go to these places.
It would just be such a crushing blow to my ego to know that
the only way a girl is gonna get naked for me is if I pay her,
and that she definitely would not if I didn't.
Go to Top of Page

the swimmer
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1602 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:01:37  Show Profile  Visit the swimmer's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

I have to strongly disagree with a whole lot of that.
That's generalizing way too much.
Plus being objectified as such can do a number on one's head
if not at the very least be patronizing as hell.
And what's more patronizing is having this as a career in order to make a decent dollar. Why don't people just say hey your brains are useless all we need is your tits.

What I don't understand is why guys even go to these places.
It would just be such a crushing blow to my ego to know that
the only way a girl is gonna get naked for me is if I pay her,
and that she definitely would not if I didn't.

I think we are sying the same thing just in different words, nanna.

Guys are the idiots that go to these. But some of them just want to see some titties and not have to have all the REST OF THE SHIT that goes with it. I think it's stupid to waste your money on that. Some guys get addicted to the FAKE attention they get.

I agree that it IS patronizing to have to resort to this to make a decent dollar...that's what I said..

I agree that is is patronizing to be objectified. Yet, the catch 22 is the women wanna "get that cash" and they want it fast so they play the game. BUT it's a game that the men decided on in the first place.

You really just can't be black or white with this you know and that's what's so frustrating about it.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:07:26  Show Profile
it is an interesting question: who is exploiting who? the women are taking off their clothes, but the men are losing loads of money.

i feel sorry for the women only in the sense that, usually women who end up doing that come from some sort of broken background.. and it's kind of a sad lifestyle (i would imagine).. and one that's hard to get out of (what else will pay that much money if you've got no education).. but at the same time, like Swimmer says, no one is forcing them to do it, and every one of them can, if they want to, chose not to do it and pursue another career. (unless of course they're being forced by the mob)

there's definitely exploitation involved, but i think it goes both ways..

as for why guys go to those places.. it's not just old men who can't get girls.. i hate to break it to you, but i'm sure your husbands have been to a strip club or two in their day (whether they admit it or not)..
Go to Top of Page

the swimmer
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1602 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:08:35  Show Profile  Visit the swimmer's Homepage
NOT MY HUSBAND!

I joined the Cult of Baby Poohead cuz he's so siwwy and cyoot!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:12:09  Show Profile
I just can't agree that its a 'victimless crime'.
Or that most of these ladies are so eager to play this game.

I think it would be interesting to find out what percentage of
these women are single mothers, or how socioeconomic factors come into play, as opposed to this stat;

"90% of the women in those places are very smart, intelligent, undoubtedly beautiful and would rather show some booby and who-ha..."

and who's being black or white?

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:13:28  Show Profile
quote:

I just can't agree that its a 'victimless crime'.
Or that most of these ladies are so eager to play this game.

I think it would be interesting to find out what percentage of
these women are single mothers, or how socioeconomic factors come into play, as opposed to this stat;

"90% of the women in those places are very smart, intelligent, undoubtedly beautiful and would rather show some booby and who-ha..."

and who's being black or white?

or yellow or orange?
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:13:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by floop

i hate to break it to you, but i'm sure your husbands have been to a strip club or two in their day (whether they admit it or not)..

exactly, and is that victimless?
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:14:46  Show Profile
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by floop

i hate to break it to you, but i'm sure your husbands have been to a strip club or two in their day (whether they admit it or not)..

exactly, and is that victimless?

i don't understand what you mean..
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:17:32  Show Profile
Well first off he'd be spending our money,
and/or possibly lying to me about it.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:22:13  Show Profile
quote:

Well first off he'd be spending our money,
and/or possibly lying to me about it.

if your husband is lying to you (hypothetically) that is a husband/wife problem.. i don't see how you can connect that to the stripping industy.. if he lied to you about going for a drink with the fellas, would you blame beer distributers?
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:27:21  Show Profile
good point.

I don't quite agree with this though
"no one is forcing them to do it, and every one of them can, if they want to, chose not to do it and pursue another careerand every one of them can, if they want to, chose not to do it and pursue another career"
I don't think we can speak for them like that.
Go to Top of Page

Dallas
= Cult of Ray =

USA
725 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:37:26  Show Profile
My guess is it has all kinds. Some girls are using that industry wisely and many are trapped by it for a variety of reasons (economic, mental, physical - supporting a habit).

I'd say the % of girls who do it in a healthy (mentally) productive way is somewhere in the teens. The rest are either being victimized or knowingly allowing themselves to be exploited for some other reason. Just a guess.
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:43:05  Show Profile
I could believe that, quick someone look up some stats!

I wonder why you chose the word 'knowingly' tho,
what exactly do you mean by that?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:45:57  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Why do you ask so many questions. ;)

Go to Top of Page

Dallas
= Cult of Ray =

USA
725 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:50:20  Show Profile
I mean that they know it is degrading and they most likely in fact feel degraded, but, for whatever reasons they feel like the $ or whatever is worth it.

They same way I knowingly grind my life away for my employer...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000