Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Carolynanna
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  13:46:48  Show Profile
Instead of complaining about people overreacting, lets just post their comments to this thread.

BLT found this one quite amusing.

This is what Itchload replied to eldorado’s personal letter to CT;

Frank doesn't really have a "beef" with teh Pixies anymore, if you'll notice. Nice letter, but Frank will gladly chat about Pixies in interviews now and play their songs live. Getting back together is hard I've noticed because it's never a black and white reaction. Look at Jane's Addiction, who were Pixies peers. It's not a disaster, their live show is getting nice reviews and their new album isn't a disgrace...but right down to the glitzy album cover, of all the members in airbrushed rock poses, it's clear that in time once the 2003 production dates itself the album is going to be a sore spot on their discography and be frowned upon. The same would most likely happen with the Pixies, and it does happen to nearly every band who reforms.

This is eldorado’s reaction;

Anybody who calls themselves Itchload is a complete deuschbag. O.K. Mr. expert on Frank Black. It's good to know you read all the books published about the ethics of hardcore punk rock, about empty idealism and all that bullshit that doesn't matter. You're not the guy who has enough brains to write the songs, you just pride yourself on trying to be an expert on the person that does. The truth is that you have no fucking clue. Why don't you go back to playing Dungeons and Dragons with all your little geek friends. Try and keep yourself out of matters involving beautiful things like music

This is what BLT thinks;
Awesome. This is the finest overreaction I've seen in a while. Time to make the move to decaf!

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  14:01:45  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
This thread promises to be pure gold. Seriously, that's hilarious. The kicker is the 'make the move to decaf'.
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  14:08:39  Show Profile
Seems like those who ostensibly endorse the Rodney King philosophy actually want to generate greater acrimony. Generate away, ye alchemists.
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  14:12:01  Show Profile
Well you know what they say about if you can't beat'em.
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  14:39:30  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage
Lick 'em?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  14:44:27  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I think drawing attention to really ridiculous behaviour is a way of discouraging it. Eldorado doesn't come off looking all that good, I don't think...

You're probably right, Erebus, but what as Sarah and Carolyn have collectively said...
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  18:43:38  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Fuck off Cult of Ray, what the fuck do you know, you stupid dumb ass fuckbrain.... you don't know who he is, your just a bandwagon cock jockey... fuck you, fuck you fuck you.... i hate you all!

War....... Its not fantastic
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  18:49:01  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Does that get the best over reaction????

Apologies to COR, as you were the last person to post on this thread then I used you to vent my performance (it could have been anyone else, with the exception of my good self)..... I meant nothing of what I said. Feel free to insult me back.... obviously in jest.

That might be a good idea..... an insulting thread where people can go to hurl abuse at each other, thus trying to keep it out of the other parts of the forum (obviously not really that possible, but not a bad idea for 9:00am in the morning).

Go to Top of Page

gracie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
573 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  10:19:21  Show Profile
can someone enlighten me, what is a deuschbag? i've never heard that before.
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  10:23:23  Show Profile
I think its douche and its a feminine hygeine thingamajig.
Do ya know the commercial where the lady tells her mom that sometimes she just doesn't feel fresh anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  10:23:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Stuart, not bad for an overreaction, though I'm not sure who this Cult of Ray fellow you're talking about it. :) As for the douchebag (sp?), you'll have to ask Carolyn... :) Alright, I swear, I'm done with the smilies, C, <big internet hug>.
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  10:25:24  Show Profile
That's too funny cuz I just answered that.
Uh I don't know from personal experience, I just happen to naturally smell like roses.
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  10:27:11  Show Profile
Poor, unelightened gracie. Douche bag is a wonderfully vulgar insult, and don't how you've managed to live this long without using it. Then again, I don't know what I did before Barry introduced me to "sneaky butcher". Let's just say my life is far improved since I've become intimate with that particuluar euphemism. So go gracie, use douche bag a couple times a day until you are comfortable with it. The world is now your oyster (do not feed it!). And you get a big internet sympathy hug from me.

Edited by - speedy_m on 08/08/2003 10:33:45
Go to Top of Page

gracie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
573 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  10:28:50  Show Profile
so its a bag you wash your vagina with? wow, i've never heard of that. we don't have them in the uk, i really feel like i'm missing out.
i want to smell like roses too, its not fair!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  10:43:23  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

I think its douche and its a feminine hygeine thingamajig.
Do ya know the commercial where the lady tells her mom that sometimes she just doesn't feel fresh anymore.

Did you ever see the Family Guy episode where they made fun of that commercial? Hilarious. Also hilarious that you answered before I could volunteer you to do so... :)
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  11:05:15  Show Profile
Oh wow, thanks guys. I actually never even saw Eldorado's reaction, I can't believe I came close to missing that! I'll bet I've missed about 20 of those replies from other people on the forum as well, alas. For the record, I think it might be even funnier if you posted his original letter...that's pretty funny though, I even complimented his letter in my response too.
Go to Top of Page

blackpurse
= Cult of Ray =

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  11:29:11  Show Profile
Hi, as the resident female issues clinician (I was the one who flat out answerd the question about what happens to your, erm, elasticity once you have given birth...) so I'll take this one one. The original user spelled this deuschbag, which may or may not be German for douchebag. :) Nonetheless, the process of douching is systematically flushing out the vagina and cervix with a cleansing solution -- the cheap route to go is to use vinegar diluted with water or a saline solution, but our friends at Proctor and Gamble hasve a whole division devoted to providing douching solutions that have marketable aromas, hence the "smells like roses" phrase. The solution is placed into an applicator which is attached to the opening of vagina, and the reservoir for that solution is a pliable sac commonly called the "Douchbag". The ACOG (American College of Obsetrics and Gynecology) is torn on the effacacy of douching, and in fact, warns that the process may do more harm than good -- and may lead to infection or embolysm. Douching was also used by teenage girls as an (dangerous) emergency birth control, but this is ineffective as it does not flush out anything having to do with the products of conception. The ACOG warns women who have unpleasant smells not to flush it away, but to consult with a competent physician to determine the cause, which may be anything from a simple yeast colony to a venereal disease -- neither of which can be treated by douching.

Anyway, the much lampooned commercial where two women are discussing "that not-so-fresh-feeling" is for the most popular commercial product, Proctor and Gamble's Massengil.

Why a flexibale container containing a vinegar or saline solution became a huge insult is anybody's guess, but maybe its just because the word "douchbag" just sounds funny. Or maybe it's just easier to say than the grosser concept: "You motherfuckin colostomy bag!"

"Sacred cows make the best burgers!"
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  11:31:06  Show Profile
this is the dumbest thread ever. you all are all a bunch of fucking idiots. fucking slaves. I can't believe anyone would even start such a fucking retarded thread. did you type with the turd poking out of your ass or the dick coming out of you mouth you cocksmokers. go fuck a 10 meter spiked pole you bloody blumpkin lovers. suck the shit out of my ass with... oh gawd :) sorry

-------------------------
ain't it
Go to Top of Page

the swimmer
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1602 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  11:33:29  Show Profile  Visit the swimmer's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by blackpurse

Hi, as the resident female issues clinician (I was the one who flat out answerd the question about what happens to your, erm, elasticity once you have given birth...) so I'll take this one one. The original user spelled this deuschbag, which may or may not be German for douchebag. :) Nonetheless, the process of douching is systematically flushing out the vagina and cervix with a cleansing solution -- the cheap route to go is to use vinegar diluted with water or a saline solution, but our friends at Proctor and Gamble hasve a whole division devoted to providing douching solutions that have marketable aromas, hence the "smells like roses" phrase. The solution is placed into an applicator which is attached to the opening of vagina, and the reservoir for that solution is a pliable sac commonly called the "Douchbag". The ACOG (American College of Obsetrics and Gynecology) is torn on the effacacy of douching, and in fact, warns that the process may do more harm than good -- and may lead to infection or embolysm. Douching was also used by teenage girls as an (dangerous) emergency birth control, but this is ineffective as it does not flush out anything having to do with the products of conception. The ACOG warns women who have unpleasant smells not to flush it away, but to consult with a competent physician to determine the cause, which may be anything from a simple yeast colony to a venereal disease -- neither of which can be treated by douching.

Anyway, the much lampooned commercial where two women are discussing "that not-so-fresh-feeling" is for the most popular commercial product, Proctor and Gamble's Massengil.

Why a flexibale container containing a vinegar or saline solution became a huge insult is anybody's guess, but maybe its just because the word "douchbag" just sounds funny. Or maybe it's just easier to say than the grosser concept: "You motherfuckin colostomy bag!"

I know I am a sick mother fucker but I really want to get it on with Blackpurse after that discussion.
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  11:41:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gracie

so its a bag you wash your vagina with? wow, i've never heard of that. we don't have them in the uk, i really feel like i'm missing out.
i want to smell like roses too, its not fair!

or a summer breeze, crisp rain, or a spring medley!

Edited by - Carolynanna on 08/08/2003 12:38:35
Go to Top of Page

blackpurse
= Cult of Ray =

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  12:43:25  Show Profile
wow, swimmer normally hates my long-winded responses. Was the keyword the v-word?

BTW, all of this I simply know from reading the feminist health bible, "Our Bodies, Our Selves", for I too have never been anything but fresh as a daisy.

Go to Top of Page

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  14:45:35  Show Profile
Hey people,
If you will recall your Saturday Night Live history lessons, the douchbag (sp?) was originally invented during the Renaissance. The inventors name was of course, Douchbag, and was played by Buck Henry in that skit.

quote:

wow, swimmer normally hates my long-winded responses. Was the keyword the v-word?

BTW, all of this I simply know from reading the feminist health bible, "Our Bodies, Our Selves", for I too have never been anything but fresh as a daisy.

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  18:34:53  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2504

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  20:37:04  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Stuart, not bad for an overreaction, though I'm not sure who this Cult of Ray fellow you're talking about it. :) As for the douchebag (sp?), you'll have to ask Carolyn... :) Alright, I swear, I'm done with the smilies, C, <big internet hug>.

Sorry COF, now I look like a right cock!

Go to Top of Page

the swimmer
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1602 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  22:01:54  Show Profile  Visit the swimmer's Homepage
quote:

Swimmer doesn't hate anybody or anything. But he loves talking about the V word.
Go to Top of Page

Atheist4Catholics
= Cult of Ray =

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  22:30:25  Show Profile  Visit Atheist4Catholics's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2504

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS

Sweet... I was just going to post that.

I think Thalassocrat's vegan rant ranks #1 on my overreaction top ten. #2-10 are probably all Ebb Vicious posts.

www.mp3.com/clootie
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  23:24:26  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Not that this is the best... I do remember Thalassocrat's rant being pretty ridiculous, but I thought this was a little of an overreaction:

Carolynanna:
Well I was trying to see your side but now I'm just gonna call you the veggie nazi :)

Vegan:
... I think it terrible that you would equate a vegan to a nazi. Meateaters kill, cage, torture, and perform nasty experiments upon animals, all for the sake of "bettering" themselves or satiating their appetites. Who sounds more like a nazi?

Not that he went over the top or anything, but come on, who hasn't tacked on the -nazi ending ala Seinfeld at some point in their lives. Or at least heard it done. She wasn't REALLY equating Dave or vegetarians with nazis... though that didn't stop him from calling people who eat meat nazis.

OK, so I might be stretching to keep this alive, but keep 'em coming...
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  08:20:43  Show Profile
Didn't somebody spaz on mereubu lately?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  08:28:02  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Yeah, that's right... I forget who/where, but there's no cause to spaz on mere. (said in rhyming voice). That one was pretty ridiculous too, but it was like 2 months ago so I don't remember where.
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  08:29:48  Show Profile
Nah it was like 2 weeks ago while I was gone.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  08:57:07  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Well, it's summer and my concept of time is shot... where did it all go? Wasn't it May yesterday?
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  08:59:42  Show Profile
Ya, and didn't I just turn 23 yesterday? Where did all the years go?

Edited by - Carolynanna on 08/11/2003 09:04:23
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  09:21:46  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

Didn't somebody spaz on mereubu lately?

Yep. Vegan thread, page 1. Y'all were kind enough to defend me.

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  09:31:48  Show Profile
As a qualified asshole detector, I gotta post that one,

MEREUBU:
I'm not the person to answer the whole vegan side of it, but apparently, we're not born with the enzymes to digest meat--they gradually develop. I grew up eating meat, but after I stopped for about four years and then went back to it, I had developed an allergy to beef. Now I can't eat it, and haven't in thirteen years (except for a couple of really ugly accidental ingestions.) Weird stuff.

I do know that, evolutionarily speaking, australopithicus (sp?), the early hominid, was able to make the jump in brain size by eating meat--those amino acids are what caused a leap in brain development. A certain amount of meat helped us get where we are. Do we still need it? Hell if I know.

THALASSOCRAT:
Mereubu you ignorant idiot (and others), shut up when you haven't got a clue what you are saying. As a qualified biochemist I can make the solid assertions that:

1. When you are born you produce all the dietary enzymes you are ever going to produce and nothing is going to change that. The amount is modulated only, in response to stimuli to synchronise relase into lumen with arrival of food. Obviously you haven't got a clue what an enzyme is and how it is synthesised.

2. Allergies have nothing to do with enzymes. They are the result of wrongful designation of molecules as alergens by the immune system.

3. Evolution doesn't work like that. Cranial capacity increased because a bigger brain provided greater cognitive capacity that proved beneficial and made individuals better suited for survival. Diet can not cause a change but only facilitate it. The way in which a new characteristic is put to use is the driving force for evolution (i.e. if a bigger brain is not any better that a smaller one its not going to get bigger no mater what you eat).

4. Humans need essential animal fats and vitamins in diet. Why do u vegan losers supplement your diet with pills? And do you think those vitamins got there in a way other that slaughtering innocent, big eyed, cute, cuddly, little animals?

Do we "need" to eat animals. You poor fuckers! I wonder why do the people in this topic are mostly women? What next? Men don't "need" porn?

I'm sick and tired of stupid little people watching some half-arsed TV program and suddenly deciding they have become experts in the field.

And another thought: while you cretins discuss the finer points of your trendy diets think how millions of people are malnurished, skin on bones and die of starvation each year, so thin that even stray dogs have nothing to pick from their emanciated, dead bodies. And we don't need meat! Evidently you are not in the same species as most humans on this planet. Your tender, fat, unexercised bodies represent the zenith of human evolution and any shortcomings should be blamed on that bad bad meat.

You fuckin' disgust me!
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  09:58:49  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
I think the best response would be "No lube!"

Also, I think he is the definition of our slang, Sarah. A complete Bush!

Edited by - ramona on 08/11/2003 09:59:12
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  10:50:05  Show Profile
allright, what's a bush?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked