Page: of 2

the swimmer
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1602 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  13:58:02  Show Profile  Visit the swimmer's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas

They same way I knowingly grind my life away for my employer...

Tell me about it.

I think we are all on the same page here about the strippers. Just not in the same paragraph.

Edited by - the swimmer on 11/21/2003 13:58:43
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  14:00:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Why do you ask so many questions. ;)

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

because I'm curious,
and why do you ask questions? ;)
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  14:01:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas

I mean that they know it is degrading and they most likely in fact feel degraded, but, for whatever reasons they feel like the $ or whatever is worth it.

They same way I knowingly grind my life away for my employer...

aha, I get it,
and I was gonna start some shit
about false conciousness blah blah blah...
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  14:02:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Why do you ask so many questions. ;)

because I'm curious,
and why do you ask questions? ;)

Oh, Carolyn, we've been over this. :)

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  14:08:43  Show Profile
we have? just kidding.

I guess we have.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  21:27:34  Show Profile
I am not going to judge a single human being on the fact that they are a stripper alone. And what difference does my opinion make anyway?

I think straight up prostitution is better than these disney world sex exploit strip clubs are; they're a toursit trap, or local complacent trap. It's all fake. Like never, never land.

I just don't like it. I don't like the staff nor the patrons. I think it is retarded. So the fuck what. It's everywhere, but it's stupid.

It's the same as marajauna being illegal. Legalize dope, legalize prostitution, check the statistics and tell crime won't decrease.

A strip club seems to me like one big scam, the biggest scammer being the proprietor and everyone below him scams less than he does.

Just have some class is all I am saying. there's nothing inherently wrong with a nudy bar, but I never felt like I was going to disney world when I have gone into a strip club. Basically I felt like the person who was paying for it was getting majorly ripped off.

And I talked to the girls. I was just studying the stripper mind.

Sure it is an art.

Fuck strip clubs, we need to go back to the whore-house and just do it right. Get ripped off and get your money's worth at the same time.

Meanwhile, I'll be looking for a meaningful relationship that lasts longer than 2 weeks.

I want to edit my post and rethink it but screw.

Goodbye
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  18:31:54  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Thing is, people are placing their value of the woman on stage based on her appearance, which is sad and unfortunate. I suppose this goes both ways tho - she obviously has similar values, in order to be there.

It's important to recognize that there is no empathy in this 'transaction'..when you're there, you're not asking yourself why she's debasing herself...nor why all these other people are there, supporting it.

I don't think banning, nor making these things illegal will solve anything, however.

We're dealing with, essentially, sick people. People who have little value in themselves, and thus place little value on others.

You don't punish someone because they're sick - you help them.

So we need a shift in society..that encourages people to respect themselves, and then we might have a chance at seeing the end of these things.

I dunno..that's what's floating in my brain right now.
Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  06:37:55  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage
what annoys me is the fucking jock frat boys that come up to montreal for the weekend from boston, up-state NY, vermont and roam the downtown streets in a drunken jock stupor, yelling and bar-hopping from strip club to strip club (exactly like the the guys that call Tom Cruise a Fag in Eyes Wide Shut). A real pain in the ass. Date-Rapists, all of them.
I mean, if you can sit in a strip club, watch some girl who has serious underlying personal issues degrade herself and get off on it without thinking twice that you are also involved in a degrading spectacle, then have another pal.
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5452 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  09:32:24  Show Profile
My only time ever propositioned by a prostitute happened on the street in Montreal in that goes past the strip clubs. I was innocently walking back to McGill when a cute girl propositioned me. I had to stuff the caveman back into the bottle.
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  11:27:00  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

Thing is, people are placing their value of the woman on stage based on her appearance, which is sad and unfortunate. I suppose this goes both ways tho - she obviously has similar values, in order to be there.

It's important to recognize that there is no empathy in this 'transaction'..when you're there, you're not asking yourself why she's debasing herself...nor why all these other people are there, supporting it.

I don't think banning, nor making these things illegal will solve anything, however.

We're dealing with, essentially, sick people. People who have little value in themselves, and thus place little value on others.

You don't punish someone because they're sick - you help them.

So we need a shift in society..that encourages people to respect themselves, and then we might have a chance at seeing the end of these things.

I dunno..that's what's floating in my brain right now.

OK, I know that by quoting Kant I obviously think I'm pretty hot stuff, but this guy founded his principle of morality on respect, that is, consedering a human being (including yourself) as an end and not only as a means. Now, Kant also pointed out the fact that in many human relations, we consider each other as a means, which can be perfectly moral as long as it is not the only level of your relationship to that person.

I don't think people who attend strip bars are sick, they are quite ordinary people, like you and me. And I don't think strippers are sick either. When I see a pretty girl, I consider one part of her (her body) that is valuable, but I'm smart enough to understand that it is just one side of herself, and that some other parts of her may be less valuable. And I think people who attend strip bars are smart enough to understand that these girls have private lives etc.

Of course, strip bars are not only about esthetic contemplation. It's an SM game, where men suffer (seeing all these beautiful chicks they cannot touch), but as long as it is a game, and everybody goes back to his own activities, there is nothing immoral in it.

According to Kant, prostitution is not immoral as long as the two people involved respect each other.

I don't want any confusion here, so I insist on the fact that I've never been to a strip club and I never went to a whore, although not for moral reasons but just for the fact that I think there are better ways to get love.

"I met a man/ he was a good man"
Go to Top of Page

MangyKid
- FB Fan -

170 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  12:42:05  Show Profile
Obviously the women got trapped by the cunning strip club masters, and are now their slaves for all eternity, forced to dance around on stage and show some skin, then get ludicrous amounts of money for doing so. Obviously no woman could make a decision to get money the quick and easy way, or not have it affect their life, because of course there is only one type of woman. And if one woman can't understand or handle it, then it is obvious no other could.

Just in case, that's sarcasm up there. Hey, they want to be whores, let them be whores. Some just like knowing people want them, they might just like performing, and money is always a huge factor. So who the fuck knows why they do it, or want to? There are plenty of sluts out there that have sex with anyone and don't get paid, and these women do get paid, and there is no actual sex. I really doubt anybody is forced to, come on people.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  15:35:11  Show Profile
i agree with Adnan le Terrible,

i don't think strip clubs are the greatest thing to emerge from our society, but i certainly don't think people who go to them (or work in them) are "sick." if you go to a strip club, or work in a strip club, you're contributing to the fetishization women, which, arguably, is not a good thing. but the fact is that our entire culture does this, outside strip clubs, in all aspects of advertising, entertainment fashion etc.. (in strip clubs it's just more direct)..

so, no, it's probably not "good." you're definitely not doing anything productive for society. but "sick" is a bit extreme. that's like someone who, say, works for Phillip Morris.. who are clearly doing nothing positvie for our society, but on the contrary, contributing widespread health problems and death. is someone who works there, or smokes Marlboro cigarettes, also sick? i would say, if anything, they're victims.

if you're going to say that strippers and their customers are sick, then everyone is sick who looks at magazine advertising or billboards, or gratuitous nude scenes in films with Jennefer Connelly (THE HOT SPOT, 1990, now available on DVD and VHS) ..

the objectification of women is a far-reaching phenomenon. i don't see why strip clubs in particular should be singled out as being particularly wrong. we're talking about selling sex and nudity, which goes way beyond strip clubs.

Edited by - floop on 11/23/2003 15:37:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000