Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

paintmeister
= Cult of Ray =

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  18:48:13  Show Profile
Ah, yes. Maniac Mansion. We never beat that one. We tried many times.

Other greats:

Mario games
Zeldas
Metroids-- personal favorites

I'm really into those puzzle games too

Lolo's
Tetris
Dr. Mario

I spent half my life figuring out Shadowgate. Anyone else? I never beat the SNES version though.

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  22:28:00  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
mun: MAME itself is a command-line program. One would type mame <romname> or something to that extent to run it. MAME32 has a frontend (aka GUI) so you don't have to deal with the command line stuff.

PC > Consoles

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

sonic35pixies
- FB Fan -

Philippines
37 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  22:59:31  Show Profile
Mario
Goonies
Samurai Shodown IV
Double Dragon
Spartan X
Contra
Red Alert 2 (Yuri's Revenge)
Age Of Empires 2
Counterstrike
Unreal Tournament
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  23:02:55  Show Profile
Has anybody mentioned Double Dragon yet? I never played it that often, but it was an okay game, what with all the snakes and all.
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  23:05:25  Show Profile
Double Dragon 2 is the nuts. Almost there glacial.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

sonic35pixies
- FB Fan -

Philippines
37 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  23:25:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by glacial906

Has anybody mentioned Double Dragon yet? I never played it that often, but it was an okay game, what with all the snakes and all.

Look at my last post.

I love that game.

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  23:58:49  Show Profile
I forgot about Double Dragon, Dribble...

Gaunlet 2...

Started

-------------------------
ain't it funny how the goes
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  23:59:28  Show Profile
Doom
1st Wofenstien... doch auch

Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  00:01:15  Show Profile
made my heart race with less 64 bit graphics, sorry

see scarface post.. never underestimate anopther man's greed

nevere get high on your now supply... ja

wholt ihr

Go to Top of Page

switchy
- Gigographer -

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  12:47:23  Show Profile  Visit switchy's Homepage
to go back to the topic of Maniac Mansion, there's a ROM hack of it called "Maniac Mansion: The Rilo Kiley Version" which is based on the band Rilo Kiley. The game plays the same, but stuff like text is different. Anyways, loose Frank connection: Kim Deal is one of the characters (kinda).
you can find it at NES Alley in the HAL'S HACKS section..
http://members.cox.net/nesalley/
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  13:19:40  Show Profile
HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP! Are you serious switchy?? I love Rilo Kiley. I would have guessed that only Tatum and I knew about them on this board.

That game looked so boring but now I think I'll have to check it out. How is the game based on them? Are their songs played?

Switchy, have you seen Rilo live ar do you just know of them?

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

switchy
- Gigographer -

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  21:38:13  Show Profile  Visit switchy's Homepage
Cool to hear it! yeah, i'm a big Rilo Kiley fan. I've seen them 3 times.. got all their stuff, lots of bootlegs, etc.

the game switches the band members for characters. the music is the same (and that's a good thing.. probably my fav music from a NES game), but there are references to lyrics and stuff in the text. Not that bigga deal, but it's ok.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  02:50:25  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage
Call me an old man, but I've never found anything to compete with Barbarian on the ZX Spectrum. You had to load it from a tape and everything (Steve Albini would be so proud). Other than that, all Final Fantasy rocks; Tony Hawks skateboarding games (with ace soundtracks); Wonderboy III, Alex Kidd In Miracle World, Sensible Soccer on the Sega Master System; Double Dragon and Golden Axe (I want to be the dwarf, no, I want to be the dwarf!); Street Fighter II, Civilization/Colonization; Championship Manager 2 (the biggest chunk of my life has been spent in front of that game).

"Lets me knife, knife me lets"
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  02:59:07  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage

I had a Dreamcast and very much enjoyed 'Phantasy Star Online' and the two 'Shenmue' games...

Go to Top of Page

bedrock_barney
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
871 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  03:25:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cheeseman1000

Call me an old man, but I've never found anything to compete with Barbarian on the ZX Spectrum. You had to load it from a tape and everything (Steve Albini would be so proud). Other than that, all Final Fantasy rocks; Tony Hawks skateboarding games (with ace soundtracks); Wonderboy III, Alex Kidd In Miracle World, Sensible Soccer on the Sega Master System; Double Dragon and Golden Axe (I want to be the dwarf, no, I want to be the dwarf!); Street Fighter II, Civilization/Colonization; Championship Manager 2 (the biggest chunk of my life has been spent in front of that game).

Cheeseman - you're an old man. But then I am too and remember my Spectrum with a kind of hazy fondness. I recall being knocked out by The Hobbit. I think it was an old fashioned adventure game. You'd type in 'go south' and then wait 30 seconds to see what would happen (nothing quite often). I ended up with a hand drawn map but I never quite made it to the end. Highly disappointing when you are 16.

Have never owned a console (instant divorce proceedings would be instigated) but I manage to sneak the odd game of Colin Mcrae rally on the pc when she isn't looking. Can't seem to drive on tarmac though, must be doing something wrong!
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  03:39:41  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage
Its a rally game,its more fun to drive NOT on the road. I've still never played a better driving game than Mariokart on the SNES, however, so consider that added to my list.

Go to Top of Page

bedrock_barney
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
871 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  03:45:18  Show Profile
Ahhhh.......I see. Thanks for the tip, I will adjust my driving style accordingly.
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  06:01:58  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage

God yeah - i remember the hobbit...it was one of those text adventures wasn't it?

I remember being blown away by Frogger and Pacman on those furniture-esque atari consoles.

The number of hours i wasted as a kid playing 'Elite' on my BBC computer...jeez...and the joy of eventually having enough money to buy an automatic docking thingymajig. Repton too, anyone remember that? (You play a little lizard guy pushing boulders around etc..)

Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  06:13:21  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Zork! Anybody else ever get into that? Hell, I had forgotten all about it until bedrock barney mentioned the Spectrum and having to type "go south" in "The Hobbit "-
Zork, the text rpg and then it went all spiffy with Legend of Zork, etc... what a great game that was! Heck, I'm sick and bored, maybe I'll dig it out and play it today.
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  06:20:36  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
Neverwinter Nights.

Best role-playing game ever
I'm hopelessly addicted to it

http://psychictwin.tripod.com
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  19:21:18  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I tried NWN a while ago, and I promptly uninstalled it. Any RPG that bombards me with monster after monster is just rediculous. I got to the part with the escaped jail people and removed it after that. Lame, very lame.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  20:26:39  Show Profile
I forgot "Battle Sports Football" and this other killer game for the
Atari Jaguar...

Damn, it's TOT, It's the game where you just travel down a neon looking tunnel thing and you have to avoid stuff... damn, I'll remember it someday I hope...

Oh, let us not forget Zaxxon

Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  00:01:07  Show Profile
How about Q-Bert? #$#&@^@&!!!
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  14:21:24  Show Profile
I never actually played Q-Bert but I like how he's used here:

http://www.powerstrike.net/Tehkan/mamejump.html

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2003 :  20:04:15  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage
I'm addicted to the Tony Hawk games. Final Fantasy Tactics. All the old Mega Man games were great. Extreme Warfare Revenge 4.0. Unreal Tournament. Capcom vs. SNk series is great as well as Virtual Fighter and I had a lot of fun beating the hell out of Soul Calibur 2 recently. I saw a review for the new Prince of Persia game and it looks like it could be the coolest game in forever. Really looking forward to Mario Kart Double Dash too.

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2003 :  23:27:59  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
the only game i continue to play after years is starcraft.don't know why but i'm totally addicted.and of course it won't play on win xp...
anybody remembers "harrier attack" for spectrum?this was the first video game i ever played back in 85-86.a friend of mine called me to show me his brand new computer(a rarity at the time)and when i asked him what it was the use of it since you could only write with it,he explained that you could PLAY also.we spent the next hour playing at monopoly waiting for the game to load (the cassette "rom" was a walkman)but it was worth it.my very first gaming experience,or something close to it since the little bastard practically wouldn't let me touch the keyboard because he was afraid of me breaking it,but it was fun anyway.those where the times...

presented in mind control\where available
www.munchienandalusia.too.it
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  02:41:12  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
im kind of stuck in the past with video games. i havent bought a console since the sega saturn. i loved sonic the hedgehog, in fact i still think it's the best game ever made (haha).

does anybody remember the bitter hatred between sega and nintendo fans? i used to buy magazines now and again in the early 90s and there would be pictures sent in of sonic mutilating mario in the various interesting ways. great entertainment, although a little scary in a way....

"Joan my Clerk of Trompe / And You'll be chick-a-be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  05:45:54  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address
I missed that rivalry by a couple of years I think, but I do remember seriously fierce arguements with my mate Rick over which was beter between his Saturn and my Playstation. It was sad how as the months went on his defense got thinner and thinner until finnally he sold his Saturn to me for £45 (bought for £300 not including games). And used the money to buy a Playstation himself. Bwa ha ha

Give 1000 monkey's 1000 typewriters and you're gonna be reading bullshit for the rest of your life.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  06:46:16  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
But Sonic didn't hold a candle to Mario...

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  07:08:42  Show Profile
There was this uber nerd (I mean you've never seen the likes of him, not even in Family Matters) at my elementary school who used to be the biggest Nintendo freak. He would go around at recess taking polls about who would win in a fight or a government election, Sonic or Mario.

I had a Sega G and was usually in support of that but I always wanted a few games for the SNES. I finally got one for $20 though I never got any of those games I wanted. The shittiest thing about Sega was not being able to save. ever try playing the Tick? That game has no friggin end end you can't save!!!!! We played it from like 4pm-4am and it did not end!

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

the swimmer
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1602 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  07:15:10  Show Profile  Visit the swimmer's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by realmeanmotorscutor

There was this uber nerd (I mean you've never seen the likes of him, not even in Family Matters) at my elementary school who used to be the biggest Nintendo freak. He would go around at recess taking polls about who would win in a fight or a government election, Sonic or Mario.

By the way, my research proved that it would be Sonic.

I continued my polling activities through college and started a polling firm that became a fortune 500 company and now we are all over the Western Hemisphere and I should be pulling in somewhere between More Money than God and Enough To Own Your Ass.

Ubernerd......muwhahahahhahahahhhahahahahhaha!
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  07:51:32  Show Profile
HAhahaha . . . true.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  11:07:25  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by realmeanmotorscutor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, my research proved that it would be Sonic.

Yeah, Sonic probably would win an all-out fight, unless Mario had fireballs or something. Mario is still cooler, though.

-Nathan
And how does lemur's skin reflect the sea?
http://vovat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  11:14:33  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage
You also have to take sidekicks into consideration. Would Miles 'Two Tails' Prower beat Luigi? Blatantly. And Dr Robotnik could take Bowser and Wario any day of the week.

"I have joined the Cult Of Frank/And I have dearly paid"

Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  11:17:31  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
ahem - did no one play zork? am I that much of an old nerd?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000