Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  11:49:02  Show Profile
Ok, please pardon my excessive posts recently but I'm sitting here at work bored out of my freaking gourd and there's no life on the boards! So I figure, why not start a few more threads? Seems like a lot of people dig video games so maybe this'll be popular. I haven't had time for them in ages so I'll mostly be looking for NES games but feel free to post anything.

NES:
River City Ransom
TMNT
Paperboy
Bart v.s. The Space Mutants
Zelda
Kung Fu Heroes

Sega Genesis:
Royal Rumble
Streets of Rage
Captain America and the Avengers
Golden Axe II
Comix Zone
Virtual Bart

Playstation:
FFVII
Intelligent Cube
Street Fighter Alpha
Twisted Metal

more to come but I'm brain dead now

Semper ubi sub ubi.

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  11:58:18  Show Profile
Damn, I wish I had a job where I could sit at a computer and post topics on video games! I get nowhere near a computer at my job. There is one in the office, but it is just for management use to print out schedules, prep sheets, etc.

My favorite video games probably would be:

NES
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Low G Man
Blaster Master

SNES
Street Fighter II

Playstation
Final Fantasy VII
Medieval
Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey

Playstation 2
Max Payne
GTA Vice City

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  12:33:02  Show Profile
How the hell could I have forgot Blaster Master? I have Oddworld but never got far, it's difficult and takes persistance.

Yeah this is a Public Safety dispatcher position; all I do is answer phones all day. My other job is way better. I work in a recreational room and get paid to do any or all of the following:

Play Pool
play air hockey
play fooseball
watch movies
watch tv
go online
study
read
I could even sleep if I wanted to push it.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
= Cult of Ray =

440 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  13:25:27  Show Profile
DUDES

check it out!!!

http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_games/arcade.htm
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  13:31:07  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address
I love video games, but I suck at most of them. For instance, the Mario games are great, but I'm so bad at them that I've always spent more time watching other people play them than playing them myself. I do like RPGs, which are more my speed, since you don't need good reaction time or anything. The Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior series are pretty cool, although I haven't played any FF game since VII, except the very beginning of IX. And in terms of PC games, I was really addicted to The Sims for a while in there.

-Nathan
And how does lemur's skin reflect the sea?
http://vovat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  13:35:30  Show Profile
Vovat, sometimes there's nothing better than just sitting back and watching a game be played. My best friend growing up had a brother so I;d often just watch them beat a bunch of games together. I also believe that there's nothing better than waking up on a Sat. morning to the joyous sounds of video game music from a game being played by someone else.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  13:46:34  Show Profile
thanks for the link interloper; I just played Asteroids - plan to play more later.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
2002 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  13:48:12  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage
NES:
* Dr Mario
* Mega Man 2

Snes:
* Mario Kart
* Tetris Attack
* Super Bomberman 2
* Smash Tennis

PC:
* Worms 2
* Unreal Tournament
* Commandos
* Day of the Tentacle

Atari ST :
* Lemmings
* Super Cars 2

N64 :
* Zelda : Ocarina of time
* Goldeneye

Genesis :
* Street of rage 2

---
All in all, my top 5:

* Lemmings
* Tetris Attack
* Mario Kart
* Worms 2
* Unreal Tournament

Best games are multiplayer games.
Go to Top of Page

martha_promise
= Cult of Ray =

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  16:59:37  Show Profile
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Super Smash Brothers Melee

Just to name a few.

~~Polly-Ann drove steel like a man~~
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  17:31:59  Show Profile
NES:

Legend of Zelda
Battletoads
Super Mario Bros. 1-3
Contra
Rad Racer
Tecmo Bowl Football
Blaster Master

"Join the Cult of Mr. Potato Head / And You'll Have Buckets of Fun"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  17:47:51  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage
What? No Metroid? The original is probably my favorite v.g. of all time (the SNES version kicked ass as well). I even learned the Kraid theme on guitar/piano.
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  19:12:46  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls,(on the X Box) has my sad ass glued to it, at the expence of work and friends alike! Jetset Radio Future still has me hooked as well. Goldeneye was excellent, but since playing Agent Under Fire and Nightfire, I've been longling for Rare's creative skills, espcially after playing Perfect Dark soo much, but hopefully Halo will fill that gap.

"like diamond back terrapin"
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  19:16:24  Show Profile
Clocktower 3 on playstation looked the nuts. anyone have any info on it, opinions? what about 1&2?

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  19:39:11  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
No, I owend a Saturn.

"like diamond back terrapin"
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  20:48:52  Show Profile
My wife's favorite game for the SNES was one called "Super Ghouls and Goblins." Anybody ever hear of it? Whenever your character gets hit, he loses his clothes and runs around in his underwear.
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  21:15:12  Show Profile
AAHH! I had Ghouls and Ghosts for Sega but I traded it to the local Baseball card shop guy for the X-Men game. The X-Men game is great but I really really miss Ghouls and Ghosts.

He got naked in the Sega version too. God, what a great game.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

MangyKid
- FB Fan -

170 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  21:43:42  Show Profile
The super nintendo version of super ghouls and ghosts is harder too. and just too show off, I can beat super mario world in 14 minutes. That is one game i can truly say I've mastered inside and out.
Go to Top of Page

NO.13Girl
- FB Fan -

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  22:11:54  Show Profile  Visit NO.13Girl's Homepage  Click to see NO.13Girl's MSN Messenger address
Zelda

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Aren't I Special?"
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  22:14:10  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
This is a tough list for me cause I'm a huge video gamer...been playing since 2 years old, starting with Atari 2600. Some noteable games:

Tutankamen (which I pronounced "two tank em") - Atari 2600
Maniac Mansion
Mario Bros 3 (this game changed my life, I begged everyone who had a copy to let me play)
Half-Life
Max Payne 1 & 2 (I'm playing 2 now, holy SHIT is it ever good)
Ultima Online
Quake (online, mainly for Team Fortress)
Super Metroid (favorite SNES game hands down, I played it through many times and loved it every time)

There are many, many more that I am missing.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  22:18:25  Show Profile
Is there really a Max Payne 2? I haven't seen any ads on TV, and what with all the child-rearin' and schoolin' goin' on I haven't had a chance to check out many new ones. Max Payne is fucking the shit. I've gotten to almost the end of the game, but I've only been able to make it past that damn elevator where you have to blow up the lasers above you one time, and I didn't make it to the next save point.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  22:27:08  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Yeah, Max Payne 2 just came out for the PC. It's terrific. The story, everything...the graphics, probably the best physics in a shooter to date. It's the same physics system that Half-Life 2 is supposed to use (Havok 2), so it at least gives me something to look forward to. If there's any grudge I have with the game, it's that I miss the Max Payne "actor" from the first Max Payne. The Max Payne in Max Payne 2 looks and sounds different and I like the first one much better.

Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  22:52:47  Show Profile
I didn't much like the "comic book" style plot breaks in the first one. But the main attraction to the game is that it had such a great atmosphere to it. I would love to learn how to make characters and shit for games like that.
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  23:07:26  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage
yes! river city ransom rules! i paid 15 bucks to buy it off ebay a few months ago, but it was worth it

-miked
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  23:17:24  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
hey i don't get it...nobody mentioned bubble bobble.remains my favourite despite all the 21st century state of the art hardware and software.i even saved my old pc just to play at b.b ( mame doesn't work on win xp).

presented in mind control\where available
www.munchienandalusia.too.it
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  07:23:19  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Yeah, bubble bobble, that game makes me nuts, and the characters are usually doing weird suggestive things as you're positioning your bubble blaster thingy. We play it sometimes and get really into it. It's pretty funny. I'm the worst for getting emotionally involved in the faster-paced games - streams of loud obscenities, but I never mean it.
I still love the original Mario Bros. I really really love the Myst collection of computer games, "Puppet Motel" by Laurie Anderson, and centipede. And Worms. Morrowind and Quake look like they would be great, but I just don't find myself spending much time on vid games, and I think I would get addicted. Does anyone know the name of the one older game where 2 teenagers battle zombies and chainsaw massacre guys and chucky dolls, in backyards w/trampolines and in malls and whatnot?

Vyvyan Basterd: I was in the basement, playing my favorite game, 'Murder In The Dark.'
Go to Top of Page

ObfuscateByWill
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1887 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  08:31:54  Show Profile  Visit ObfuscateByWill's Homepage
Don't play very much.

NES:

Contra
Operation Wolf
Mike Tyson's Punchout

Genesis:

Hardball III
Doom
Dune

Playstation:

Bushido Blade
Final Fantasy VI
Syphon Filter

PC:

Homeworld
Starcraft
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Theme Hospital

Ah well

*Shka-pow!
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  09:11:02  Show Profile
Yes, River City Ranson is the best game ever made :)

Tyson's Punchout! Why did I fotget you?
Bushido Blade is si simply amazing.

I also love Robotron X.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  10:35:57  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
quote:
Does anyone know the name of the one older game where 2 teenagers battle zombies and chainsaw massacre guys and chucky dolls, in backyards w/trampolines and in malls and whatnot?

Would that be "Zombies Ate My Neighbors?" Never played it, but I remember wanting to. Morrowind is also pretty fun, but I stopped playing it somewhat early on for some reason. If you like RPGs though, you'll love it.

mun chien: MAME works on XP. Get MAME32 with the frontend for Windows. Works like a charm.

Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  10:49:23  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

mun chien: MAME works on XP. Get MAME32 with the frontend for Windows. Works like a charm.

that's the one i have but it won't play on my machine.most games won't start and those who do,go in tilt and turn off the pc soon after.it worked fine on the same machine under win 2000 though...pitty cause i have like 300 games and i have to turn on my old pc to play and it's pretty annoying...
What's a frontend?

presented in mind control\where available
www.munchienandalusia.too.it

Edited by - mun chien andalusia on 10/19/2003 10:50:07
Go to Top of Page

cvanepps
= Cult of Ray =

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  11:36:39  Show Profile
Consoles? Uggh. Can't stand them. How can you be satisfied controling the game with those dumb controllers? Here's the only gaming system I've ever used for the past 15 years: PC, mouse, keyboard. Plus, with consoles, you gotta watch on a grainy POS television. No thanks; hi-res monitors, baby. I get gobs of gaming goodness and will continue to do so sans consoles.

System Shock 1 and 2
Half Life
Thief 1 and 2
among many others

-= It's not easy to kidnap a fat man =-
http://christophervanepps.iuma.com
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  13:14:34  Show Profile
Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Brothers 3
RBI Baseball 3

Wolfenstein (original computer one)
Quake.

My 5 all time favorite games.
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  13:32:36  Show Profile
Anyone remember a game called "Maniac Mansions" for the NES? It was, I think, one of the first attempts at 3D graphics, because you could "lead" your characters (one of three, I think) into doors that were behind them, or tell them to go upstairs. You were in a haunted house, and if one of your characters got caught you were imprisoned in a basement, and you had to use one of the other characters to rescue them.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  14:09:09  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

quote:
Does anyone know the name of the one older game where 2 teenagers battle zombies and chainsaw massacre guys and chucky dolls, in backyards w/trampolines and in malls and whatnot?

Would that be "Zombies Ate My Neighbors?" Never played it, but I remember wanting to. Morrowind is also pretty fun, but I stopped playing it somewhat early on for some reason. If you like RPGs though, you'll love it.

Yeah! That's the one - thanks! that is a pretty fun game. Silly, but fun. I especially like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre dude - he freaks me out every time. And the little decoy clown bouncing balloons are hilarious.

Vyvyan Basterd: I was in the basement, playing my favorite game, 'Murder In The Dark.'
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  14:29:13  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address
Yeah, Maniac Mansion was a pretty cool game. I remember really enjoying it at the time, although I couldn't figure out how to win on my own.

-Nathan
And how does lemur's skin reflect the sea?
http://vovat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MangyKid
- FB Fan -

170 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  14:54:47  Show Profile
I got to the end of maniac mansion, but that stupid meteor kept killing me. I never did figure that out. I say people that only play PC games have no reflexes. Except for FPS', no PC games require any. Try and play a platformer with a keyboard, it sucks!
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  15:43:15  Show Profile
Xbox:

Tiger Woods 2004
DOA Xtreme Beach VolleyBall
NBA 2k3 (online 2)
Soul Calibor
Mech Assault (online 2)

wants:
project gotham 2
amped 2
ESPN 2k4 Basketball
need for speed underground
thps underground

PC:

Quake 3
SOF2

Sega Dreamcast:

Shenmue
TDK2
DOA 2
Tennis 2k1

N64:

James Bond

SuperNES:

Tennis 96
Baseball 96
Basketball 96
Madden 96
Street Fighter

NES:

Mario 1,2
Zelda 1,2

Commodore 64:
Dig Dug
Choplifter
Moon Patrol

Atari:

Tron
Night Rider

Arcade:

Space Invaders
Centipede
Ms. Pacman
Space Invaders

There's a shitload of xbox games I want too.

-------------------------
ain't it funny how the goes
----------------------------------
Turbo Garfix:
I can't fucking remember their names,
fake sonic hedgehook
hookey
some other shitty pilot game

edited becuase stuff

Edited by - Little Black Francis on 10/19/2003 21:27:03
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic