Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  14:23:00  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See title.

First 25 get a free access all areas sticker from the tour, and the first ten get a laminated something or other.

I was AAA at the Zwolle gig as a matter of fact, although I didn't really access much of the building apart from the main arena... I didn't get one of these stickers though.

I was also at the pre-core in Nijmegen where some of this was filmed, so there's a chance I might appear in the footage.

*emergency crappy askiitobee*

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  20:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope I'm in the first 10/25.

“Not since Orson Welles had one man so many fingers in so many pies, and been the chef as well. And then looked like he went and ate them all. The guy was out of control.”
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  04:19:37  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish they would tell us if we are.
I also asked on facebook if there is a downlaod available to those of us who buy one, I'm in scotland so it'll probably be ages before i receive my copy...

Edited by - pot on 11/18/2009 04:20:30
Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  05:21:34  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A tracklist would be cool, as well. Didn't see one on the site.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  05:27:11  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From what I remember it's the 5 or 6 songs he played on the precore in video + 17 songs from the set, which was the SVN FNGRS set.

The precore songs played were.

Where is my mind?
The Monkey Song
I Burn Today
She Took All The Money

can't remember the rest.

Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  05:33:47  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whatever - doesn't matter. I ordered my copy because FBF deserves my cash. I'm sure I won't be disappointed in the product.
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  05:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gyaneshwar

Whatever - doesn't matter. I ordered my copy because FBF deserves my cash. I'm sure I won't be disappointed in the product.

well said. same here.

i really like the fact that the audio is lossless.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  12:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was number 22! Hooray!

“Not since Orson Welles had one man so many fingers in so many pies, and been the chef as well. And then looked like he went and ate them all. The guy was out of control.”
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  12:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Facebook:

Black Francis "WINNERS OF THE SVN FNGRS SCHWAG! SVN FNGRS LAMINATE & ALL ACCESS PASS 1.) Stephen Kraus 2.) Ken Soderstrom 3.) Kenten Wowick 4.) Joe Wright 5.) Cohen Peart 6.) Stuart Seaton 7.) Craig Rousseau 8.) Thomas MacDonald 9.) Josh Beck 10.) Ben Gensheimer"

Black Francis "ALL ACCESS PASS 11.) Christopher Kramlich 12.) Lainé Frederic 13.) Craig McCracken 14.) James Whittaker 15.) Christian Halvorsen 16.) Kent Adams 17.) Nathaniel Taggart 18.) Delost Cedric 19.) Mati Alev 20.) Derek Robertson 21.) Emmanuel Wino 22.) Krystyna Ermer 23.) John Gannon 24.) Franck Périgny 25.) Roussel Laurent"

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  13:10:14  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yay for me!

Go to Top of Page

nameisjoe
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  13:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the kind of spontaneous publicity that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now!
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  20:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must have come 26th, oh well... Congrats to the winners.

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  02:22:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, well done, quick buyers. :)

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  05:59:42  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder what the laminate will be made of...

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  18:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got mine in the mail today. Quick shipping this time around (it hasn't always been). The USB stick is very cool, and the all-access passes from the svn fngrs tour were a nice bonus. All in all, well worth my $25. The songs come in .aif and mp3 format, and there's a video of the precore.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  02:18:45  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you see see much of the crowd in the video?

What's the svn fngrs laminate like?

(hope I get mine by tuesday, or else I have to wait another week...)

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  03:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Do you see see much of the crowd in the video?

Yeah, lots. I can't imagine how you're not in some of the shots.

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  03:28:42  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great stuff, looking forward to seeing this. I've seen some clips on YouTube, but there aren't too many and I somehow managed to escape being in them. I'm the guy with the kind of beige hat and brown jacket. I also have different coloured shoes on account of the fact I had a broken foot.

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  03:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  13:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm only a few songs in but what a fucking great recording. Everything's right about it.

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  22:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the pics Coaster!

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  00:34:36  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah thanks Cohen. Those are nice little souveniers, I like the way they look slightly worn from use.

I just remembered a part of the precore gig, for those of you who have seen the video. There is a point half way through when Charles is talking about something. I wasn't actually paying attention to what he was saying because a load of my friends all turned up at that point, and I was watching them. There was a moment when I waved at one of them who had just arrived, and I think Charles thought I was raising my hand to ask a question, to which he paused briefly and looked over expecting me to say something, and of course I just stood there with a kind of 'eh? what's going on...' type of look on my face.

Did anyone notice that come across?

Edited by - pot on 11/23/2009 00:44:15
Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  11:09:05  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just got mine in the mail. FUCKING FANTASTIC. One of the best live Frank recordings I've heard. "Get Away Oil" was a great surprise, and sounds ace live. I only had a demo version previously. This makes me seriously pissed off that I didn't catch the Svn Fngrs tour.

Track list is:

1. Get Away Oil
2. I Sent Away
3. When They Come To Murder Me
4. Svn Fngrs
5. Gyaneshwar
6. Halfman
7. All Around The World
8. (Talking)
9. Dead Man's Curve
10. Bluefinger
11. (Talking)
12. Tight Black Rubber
13. Test Pilot Blues
14. Discotheque 36
15. Your Mouth Into Mine
16. She Took All The Money
17. Angel's Come To Comfort You
18. Threshold Apprehension
19. You Can't Break A Heart And Have It
20. (Talking)
21. Lolita
22. Captain Pasty
23. Band Intro
24. Burnt Out Rock And Roll

Again, this is an absolutely brilliant sounding recording. Snatch it from the bf.net store while you can.

The precore video is great as well, but the captions are kinda screwy. It lists "Where Is My Mind" as being from Surfer Rosa, 1998. I think they meant 1988. But no big deal. At the end of the song, Charles is excited and says "C sharp, BABY." He just seems super happy here.

Edited by - gyaneshwar on 11/23/2009 11:11:25
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  11:59:59  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great stuff, where are you in the world Ganesh BTW? Just trying to work out if I should expect mine tomorrow...

Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  12:31:01  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
pot - I am in Virginia, USA.

Also, I put together a quick graphic for the album by mashing together jpegs from the flash drive. For your use when uploading to iTunes in case you are a nerd like me and need cover art for everything.

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  13:07:30  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm jealous, I want this on my iPod tomorrow!

Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  13:21:11  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Soon enough, my friend, soon enough.

I also made some cover art for the Live at Hotel Utah Saloon USB drive using jpegs on that disc. I couldn't find the thread about it, so I'll post it here.

Does anyone know where the thread on that release went to? If we can find it, I'll post it there.

-------

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

Edited by - gyaneshwar on 11/23/2009 13:21:25
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  15:54:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the pictures! I just added them to my itunes. The recording is really sweet. It is really getting me into the two BF albums again. The band sounds nice and tight. The pre-core stuff: I guess I am spoiled by the sound quality on Christmass, so it is just ok since it is just the sound from the videocam, but still so great to see the man on video. Sounds like the sound was processed with a flanger or chorus on some of the pre-core, or is that my imagination?

That facebook announcement: lucked into it 2 minutes after he added the bulletin and jumped in right then!! Finally won something hehe!

I'd rather be anywhere or doing anything
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  17:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Great stuff, looking forward to seeing this. I've seen some clips on YouTube, but there aren't too many and I somehow managed to escape being in them. I'm the guy with the kind of beige hat and brown jacket. I also have different coloured shoes on account of the fact I had a broken foot.

Looks like you are in the very first shot when they show Charles for the first time: your green shoe on your right foot and your brown shoe on the left? He's singing right to you at the beginning. That's the only time they show you I think, but it's a pretty strong cameo appearance!

I'd rather be anywhere or doing anything
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  23:05:22  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I remember that. He came right up to me and seemed to launch into a strange digression and started shaking his head and singing 'party, party, party' or something. Yeah, it was though he was singing directly at me, but of course I couldn't see because he had the shades on, everyone was looking at me and there were cameras pointed at me from all directions. I was stoned out of my eyes balls and just didn't know what to do or where to look, I was so embarrassed!

Nice to get a cameo appearance like that though, even if I probably look like a douche ball in it. I am so proud! :D

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  02:33:26  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wank. No mail for me today. Don't suppose anyone could email me a clip or the whole thing, I don't know how big the file is. I'm away for a week now so I wont get this until next week...
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  04:55:36  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm of up to edinburgh for just over a week, so I wont get this for ages. If anyone can email me a copy, or an excerpt it would be nice, if not then hey ho, it's not the end of the world. I suppose there is the copyright issue, but well you can see that I have bought a copy anyway.... I am buyer number six, so my email is stuartseaton at gmail dot com.

Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  09:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tracklisting, review and visuals Gyaneshwar!

"Les Blackolero, y sont forts en sacramant" - Czar | 06/26/2007 | 20:10:34

free music | Blackolero | Frank Black & Pixies Tributes
Go to Top of Page

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  14:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ordered my USB solely on the word of this discussion. I'm sure I won't be disappointed but thanks for nudging me in that direction anyway...
Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  16:53:30  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Guys - no big deal on any of this. That's what the forum is for, right?
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  08:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got mine today, and I have to agree, great show, great recording. Really happy I got this. I haven't watched the precore yet, but the show itself is definitely a must-have.

"Les Blackolero, y sont forts en sacramant" - Czar | 06/26/2007 | 20:10:34

free music | Blackolero | Frank Black & Pixies Tributes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000