-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 Live in NIjmegen USB clip available on BF.net now

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pot Posted - 11/17/2009 : 14:23:00
See title.

First 25 get a free access all areas sticker from the tour, and the first ten get a laminated something or other.

I was AAA at the Zwolle gig as a matter of fact, although I didn't really access much of the building apart from the main arena... I didn't get one of these stickers though.

I was also at the pre-core in Nijmegen where some of this was filmed, so there's a chance I might appear in the footage.

*emergency crappy askiitobee*
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
matto Posted - 05/24/2012 : 07:01:46
I'm too lazy to look up, but did anyone ever make a comp of all the precores, video or otherwise? Or are the relegated to YouTube pages?

sminki pinki
pot Posted - 05/24/2012 : 02:58:07
Awesome. If anyone wants me to sign their copy for them please drop me an email thanks.
matto Posted - 05/22/2012 : 12:31:06
bumpies

CD version forthcoming via Bureau Records:

http://www.thebureaurecords.com/news.html
17 JULY
Black Francis - "Live In Nijmegen" (CD-002)

sminki pinki
jediroller Posted - 03/18/2010 : 02:44:44
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Black Francis – guitar / vocals
Dan Schmidt – bass
Jason Carter – drums

Dan Schmid, actually. But yeah, no Violet in sight.

free music | Frank Black & Pixies Tributes
johnnyribcage Posted - 03/17/2010 : 07:35:53
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

Ordered this along with the golem, it totally kicked my ass. The band sound and the recording sound great. Get Away Oil absolutely kills.

Yeah they were smokin' on this one, and the production is fantastic. I love it. Waiting for more of these...

Ayerigvlagabriga-Raraaaargh!-Rumbahl-Jumbahl!
Brank_Flack Posted - 03/17/2010 : 07:19:06
Ordered this along with the golem, it totally kicked my ass. The band sound and the recording sound great. Get Away Oil absolutely kills.
vilainde Posted - 03/16/2010 : 22:15:06
Black Francis – guitar / vocals
Dan Schmidt – bass
Jason Carter – drums

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
johnnyribcage Posted - 03/16/2010 : 16:44:58
Can anyone tell me who was playing what on this tour? I'm assuming Black was back on guitar... Violet on bass? I thought I heard her singing at one point...

Ayerigvlagabriga-Raraaaargh!-Rumbahl-Jumbahl!
pot Posted - 03/04/2010 : 10:13:44
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster_Bloodvessel

Saw them in my first week as a student at Glasgow in 1990. The bluefinger tour show reminded me of Buster B, a big fat bald guy jumping around the stage screaming down a mic and sweating like fuck, basically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW1Uy8etKzo
johnnyribcage Posted - 03/03/2010 : 14:34:09
quote:
Originally posted by joe FITZ of molly BANG

quote:
Originally posted by pot

Got my copy now too. Weird how they decided to edit some of it out, might as well just have played the whole thing from beginning to end really for all they cut out. They cut Monkey Gone to Heaven out half way through, and the only bit of Angels Come to Comfort You is the bit with me in it, where he started singing 'party, party, we're gonna party...' or something. Glad they stuck that bit in anyway as it appears to be the only bit where I manage to get my ugly mug in hehe. I gotta broken fooot, uhuh!

Not listened to much of the evening set yet, sounds a bit tinny but good. I remember not enjoying this set as much as the previous year when he did the acoustic set, then dropped the guitar and turned into Buster Bloodvessel, but hey I'm not complainin', just sayin'

buster bloodvessel!!

that should be the next album title.

Wasn't that the conductor guy on Magical Mystery Tour that Ringo's aunt falls in love with?

I'll mash your perfect parts.
joe FITZ of molly BANG Posted - 03/03/2010 : 12:24:48
quote:
Originally posted by gyaneshwar

quote:
Originally posted by coastline

quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

Got mine over the weekend - a truly great show. By far the best versions of "Get Away Oil" and "All Around the World" that i've heard.

- Brian

Better than the Pixies doing "All Around the World" acoustic at Newport? That one's my fave. Kim puts it over the top for me.

That song always reminds me of Erebus, bless his soul.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.

Dammit - I need a copy of that Newport recording.

if you don't have it yet i can send you a copy of it.
joe FITZ of molly BANG Posted - 03/03/2010 : 12:23:54
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Got my copy now too. Weird how they decided to edit some of it out, might as well just have played the whole thing from beginning to end really for all they cut out. They cut Monkey Gone to Heaven out half way through, and the only bit of Angels Come to Comfort You is the bit with me in it, where he started singing 'party, party, we're gonna party...' or something. Glad they stuck that bit in anyway as it appears to be the only bit where I manage to get my ugly mug in hehe. I gotta broken fooot, uhuh!

Not listened to much of the evening set yet, sounds a bit tinny but good. I remember not enjoying this set as much as the previous year when he did the acoustic set, then dropped the guitar and turned into Buster Bloodvessel, but hey I'm not complainin', just sayin'

buster bloodvessel!!

that should be the next album title.
johnnyribcage Posted - 03/01/2010 : 13:43:00
"No we're not gonna play the fucking goddamn Pixies, that's for sure..."

LOL!

I'll mash your perfect parts.
mikaelp75 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 14:40:33
Fantastic gig. Worth every penny, even though mr Customs Man ripped me off: I had to pay a whopping 15 POUND CUSTOM CHARGE for 2 little USBs on top of the p&p. Bastards.
1965 Posted - 01/11/2010 : 11:29:07
Cheers Disco'

I have the key to #902
Discoking Posted - 01/11/2010 : 01:18:50
Yes, February 28, 2008.

it's educational
1965 Posted - 01/10/2010 : 11:07:28
Could someone tell me what the date of the Nijmegen (USB) gig is please? Cannot find it written anywhere. Thanks.

Was it 28 February 2008?

I have the key to #902
Discoking Posted - 12/05/2009 : 03:50:57
Mine arrived yesterday. Yay! :)

it's educational
jediroller Posted - 12/03/2009 : 02:03:38
It's only available from the US webstore but you can place an order even if you live outside the US. I ordered from France with no hassle.

"Les Blackolero, y sont forts en sacramant" - Czar | 06/26/2007 | 20:10:34

free music | Blackolero | Frank Black & Pixies Tributes
hammerhands Posted - 12/03/2009 : 00:12:04
I think you can order from the US webstore.

"Zone Rates (Shipping to DK (1 x 1.00lb(s))) $6.50"
trobrianders Posted - 12/02/2009 : 11:26:29
quote:
Originally posted by gyaneshwar

http://rapidshare.com/files/176820067/Pixies_-_2005-06-08_-_Newport.rar

Broken Face Posted - 12/02/2009 : 10:20:23
quote:

quote:

Got mine over the weekend - a truly great show. By far the best versions of "Get Away Oil" and "All Around the World" that i've heard.

- Brian

Better than the Pixies doing "All Around the World" acoustic at Newport? That one's my fave. Kim puts it over the top for me.

#1 - Nijmegen

#2 - Pixies at Newport

#3 - Every other version

- Brian
gyaneshwar Posted - 12/02/2009 : 10:17:26
quote:

quote:

- Brian

coastline Posted - 12/02/2009 : 07:06:21
quote:

- Brian

pot Posted - 12/02/2009 : 02:52:48
I think the editing was a bit sloppy overall.

1965 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 02:22:29
Re Precore footage (which is great by the way) Surfer Rosa is 1988, not 1998. Doesn't anyone proof-read these things before they go to print?

I have the key to #902
pot Posted - 12/01/2009 : 10:44:22

Broken Face Posted - 11/30/2009 : 18:13:46

- Brian
jediroller Posted - 11/28/2009 : 08:28:41
Got mine today, and I have to agree, great show, great recording. Really happy I got this. I haven't watched the precore yet, but the show itself is definitely a must-have.

gyaneshwar Posted - 11/24/2009 : 16:53:30
Guys - no big deal on any of this. That's what the forum is for, right?
franktaper Posted - 11/24/2009 : 14:08:35
Ordered my USB solely on the word of this discussion. I'm sure I won't be disappointed but thanks for nudging me in that direction anyway...
jediroller Posted - 11/24/2009 : 09:45:15
Thanks for the tracklisting, review and visuals Gyaneshwar!

pot Posted - 11/24/2009 : 04:55:36
Well, I'm of up to edinburgh for just over a week, so I wont get this for ages. If anyone can email me a copy, or an excerpt it would be nice, if not then hey ho, it's not the end of the world. I suppose there is the copyright issue, but well you can see that I have bought a copy anyway.... I am buyer number six, so my email is stuartseaton at gmail dot com.

pot Posted - 11/24/2009 : 02:33:26
Wank. No mail for me today. Don't suppose anyone could email me a clip or the whole thing, I don't know how big the file is. I'm away for a week now so I wont get this until next week...
pot Posted - 11/23/2009 : 23:05:22
I remember that. He came right up to me and seemed to launch into a strange digression and started shaking his head and singing 'party, party, party' or something. Yeah, it was though he was singing directly at me, but of course I couldn't see because he had the shades on, everyone was looking at me and there were cameras pointed at me from all directions. I was stoned out of my eyes balls and just didn't know what to do or where to look, I was so embarrassed!

Nice to get a cameo appearance like that though, even if I probably look like a douche ball in it. I am so proud! :D

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000