Paris full show https://youtu.be/fGJRBuB6Gec?si=TjawlPPCyQ8aQzk-

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2024 :  12:32:07  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice little nugget: the shows in the Netherlands in August are also slated to be focused on Bossanova and Trompe

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  05:12:27  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I for one am really really happy with Emma. Paz was fun and cool and her bass parts were great but the off key singing put me off. Emma's vocals were always great even though mixed too low.
Great gig yesterday and hearing All Over The World played live was quite something. As always I was annoyed by Dave slowing down on every fucking song. If they have earpieces why doesn't he use a click track? I wonder how the other guys manage to keep up with a drummer lagging this way.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

rivum
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  05:19:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awesome thanks for sharing picpic!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  11:07:52  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

I for one am really really happy with Emma. Paz was fun and cool and her bass parts were great but the off key singing put me off. Emma's vocals were always great even though mixed too low.
Great gig yesterday and hearing All Over The World played live was quite something. As always I was annoyed by Dave slowing down on every fucking song. If they have earpieces why doesn't he use a click track? I wonder how the other guys manage to keep up with a drummer lagging this way.

Denis

I guess David is in pain sometimes, or tired, or both.
Second night in Amsterdam had a very messy ending, WIMM was the worst rendition I ever heard.

I guess Frank was annoyed like you. He stopped playing guitar because he couldn't click with Dave. I saw Joey being surprised too, when he and Dave started in different tempo's.

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  11:08:38  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Emma sings a new harmony on Wave of Mutilation? Right? She also sings some soul notes on Ana that I've never heard Kim or Paz do.

Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  11:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another full Paris show https://youtu.be/DN_zXRzMgFM?si=Vl89aNibgSZfgED6

Yes I also notice Dave has some tempo issues sometimes
Drumming must be pretty exhausting and the tour schedule is a bit crazy IMO. Maybe they should slow down a bit to be able to recover between shows. You can hear Charles voice is exhausted on the first full Paris show video I linked a few messages earlier. Sounded way better earlier in the tour.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  13:55:23  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would also understand if they would make more Doggerel/Daniel Boone-type songs in the future
It's ok, you are 60 years old in average

Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2024 :  11:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://youtu.be/DN_zXRzMgFM?si=bbK47MTYhL78U66K @1:02:05 Charles singing Bird Dream after so long brings tears to my eyes.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 03/29/2024 11:57:49
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2024 :  01:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bit late with my review of the last London night. Had a ticket for Sunday and Monday but had a family emergency which meant I had to miss Sunday but fortunately I just made the Monday gig.

Atmosphere was great, good mix of people, young and old, and all 'in the know' that this was a special one. Frank was the chattiest I have seen since the old FB&C concert days.

As well as the show concept intro we got short stories about Cecila Ann, Havalina (about the pigs but also a friend), the Sad Punk (as mentioned above), Head On (a song by the Reid brothers), Motorway to Roswell ('a deep cut', on which I have to respectfully disagree, Space I believe the ultimate deep cut...) as well as several other snippets.

Highlights: All over the world (pure bliss), Stormy Weather (never would I ever have thought this would trounce Blown Away). Bird Dream (spectacular, could easily be absorbed into standard sets), Is she weird, D=RxT, Dig For Fire and the Happening.

Overall all to my surprise I thought the Bossanova half had more impact than TLM. Maybe because I have rated TLM ahead of it for most of my life I had just forgotten just how moving the songs work as a whole. Definitely some binding energy going on there. I felt dreamy and ethereal. I came away with a renewed big big love for the record.

The encore was Vegas Suite, HCYM. Hey and Wave (Uk Surf) of course. Vegas Suite came across really well. Joey was really going for it on the guitar, he looked vey energised in this tune.

Exiting out to the strains of Streams of Whisky by the Pogues directly tipped me into handing over £35 for a one of those eye T-shirts (sneaky bastards). I have not tried it on yet so can't say anything about the quality but I like the design a lot.

What a show, this more chatty Pixies works really well, they should keep it up, it makes a big difference and injects some energy into the crowd.

Overall, an absolute privilege.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2024 :  11:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terrific write up Sprite

Sounds like an amazing experience

Thanks for sharing
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1106 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2024 :  13:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was at the first london gig.
next to us was a couple who weren't "in the know" which really surprised me.
i also saw greg davies looking for a seat (and not immediately finding one) i think about 15 minutes before the start of the show.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  17:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
watching the videos from this tour, my eyes keep drifting over to people in the audience. you can spot so many people who are really appreciative and into the music. it's great

someone in the front row at L'Olympia was very pleased when Subba transitioned into D=RxT with a literally 0 second interval (Charles sang "lunaaaaaaaaIhadmeavision")

here: https://youtu.be/fGJRBuB6Gec?t=4439

Edited by - tamefan on 04/04/2024 17:43:35
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  23:05:42  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That was a great transition!

The changing of guitars really held back the energy of the show during some parts.

Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2024 :  02:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone has some insight/ideas/rumours if the Bossa/Trompe-Tour might be continued? The upcoming summer tour is supposed to be a regular tour?

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Go to Top of Page

BunsenH
= Cult of Ray =

296 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2024 :  07:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tamefan

watching the videos from this tour, my eyes keep drifting over to people in the audience. you can spot so many people who are really appreciative and into the music. it's great

someone in the front row at L'Olympia was very pleased when Subba transitioned into D=RxT with a literally 0 second interval (Charles sang "lunaaaaaaaaIhadmeavision")

here: https://youtu.be/fGJRBuB6Gec?t=4439

Like on the Purple Tape - love the transition
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000