Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  22:48:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
liking Em's.

it feels very much like a mix made by a girl. and i don't mean that in a bad way

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  07:28:01  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool, because I AM a girl! Someone needed to balance out all that testosterone.

Oh, as you turn to leave

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  08:07:44  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah, i definetely noticed that the first female mix of this batch is very heavy on the female vocals, which i dig - it gives it its own distinct personality

-B-B-B-Brian

Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  09:27:04  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, that means you figured out how to listen to it? Well, that's good!

Oh, as you turn to leave

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  10:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's not just the female vocalists. overall it just somehow oozes "chick"

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  10:52:57  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i am confined to listening to it only at work, but i still can listen!

-B-B-B-Brian

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  11:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's a good thing we have Ramonas becuase mine is going to be wall-to-wall testosterone. mostly AC/DC, Motorhead, and some Scorpions.

Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  14:20:01  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend actually picked up Em's and said "A girl made this." Not because of the female vocals though. I think it had to do with the Morrisey tracks and few other artists she listens to.

I will try and update my favs tomorrow.

"I mix twinkie's and ding-dong's all the time. In Europe, they call it a Dinkie!"
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  14:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey kingphil, guess what i bought used for $6.99 today?

rhymes with "farchers of thoaf"

Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  14:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A long over due bar of soap? A sorely needed change of underwear? The answer to the riddle of me posting in this thread for no reason? It's because Dean's a title theif with no remorse!
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  10:42:36  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can take a good guess. And used is the best way to go since they don't show up too many places new. Watcha get?

"I mix twinkie's and ding-dong's all the time. In Europe, they call it a Dinkie!"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  11:17:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is true. I am a title thief with no remorse! I also contemplated calling my mix the Incredible Lightness of Deaning.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  12:16:34  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
going w/ the used finds, i bought the Catholics - Simple, inspired by Crispy's track on his comp, for 1 cent on amazon.com. With the "expediated" shipping, it was $4.96. well worth it

-B-B-B-Brian

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  13:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Em,
digging the Muff's track. that's probably my favorite. (i'll update mine someday)

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  09:17:46  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got M's yesterday. Listening now...

Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  10:56:42  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised the Muffs is your favorite, floop. I wouldn't have guessed that was anyones favorite, I don't know why.

Oh, as you turn to leave

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  19:35:18  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to see my disc did something for somebody. I just discovered two (ramona/King of Siam) in my old mailbox. I'll listen to them as soon as I can and back some feed.

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  19:48:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still listening in what little time I have to listen. Some very different/eclectic things on your disc, Daniel, it's interesting to say the least.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  06:12:52  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i forgot to bring ramona's on my trip, so i'm going to have to wait to comment until i get back next week. even with it being at work, i only really got one good listen out of it so far. mine should be sent out on time (let's hope!) next tuesday

-B-B-B-Brian

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  11:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
barring any natural disasters, i'll be sending mine out today via the US Post Office.

discussion sure has died down in here

Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  12:56:13  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah it has. Personally, I've been sick as hell and busy with family. Got a lot of catching up (relistening) to do.

I'm starting on my mix now, and so far I'm not very optimistic. I'm struggling to fit it all on just 2 cds...
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  13:41:25  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a shame that it's died down. I came over today to see what's been happening and it's not much. Sorry I haven't got anymore favs up yet, they're coming. I will even try and do it before Floops arrives.

Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  13:50:21  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What did you guys do to narrow down your choices? Cause I'm dyin' here! Did you choose only stuff you listen to a lot NOW, vs some of your faves from a decade ago?

I go through lots of cycles of listening to certain types of music, so I can't decide what to present. Not only do I have too many genres, but there are too many bands, let alone that I want to have at least 2 songs from most of them. I like so many songs equally...I'm losing it. AHHH!! I'm all spread out and random!

ahem.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  14:11:41  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried to stick to stuff mostly revolving around what I've been into lately and influences that I didn't think most other people shared. Otherwise, I mean, really, there'd be Beatles songs to have to choose from (good luck!) and so on, and all our discs would probably sound the same.

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  15:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i tried to make everything flow as a mix. there is plenty of stuff i would have loved to put on .. even "new" stuff that you might not have heard of that would be good to give exposure. but if it doesn't fit with the rest of it then it's a no go

mine is basically, individual songs i like for one reason or another (but i guess that's obvious)

Edited by - floop on 12/01/2004 15:25:08
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  12:07:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i lied. mine are going out today. sorry.

Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  13:16:23  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My life is mental right now. I can barely listen to ANYTHING lately. And when I go home at night I am just a TV zombie. Excuses, excuses. Someday I will post favorites, but don't hold your breath. I was lucky to even my CD's out.

"...love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bullshit."

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  13:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alright, just got done addressing your envelopes. off to the post office. sorry for the delay.

ps. i have recently sustained a hand injury to my right hand, so my handwriting doesn't always look that bad.

PsycicTwin - i've got a friend who lives pretty close to you, over on U street. spend a good amount of time there last year.

Kingof Siam - your street name is PUNK ROCK man!

(ok, enough address commentary.. i'm off)

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  11:37:37  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mine will be going out tomorrow - sorry for the one day delay, i was away

-B-B-B-Brian

Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:05:44  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, I think I've been delirious, because I just noticed I never got Obfuscate By Will's cd. Did everyone else get theirs?

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1965 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apl, good to see you around here at the same time that I am here. And that's all I have to say because I do not want to hijack a very focused topic such as this one.

Let 'em riot. We're Sonic-fuckin'-Death Monkey.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:24:30  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy do! I'm on codeine cough syrup and sending animated flash ecard Pongal greetings from India to my sis for her birthday. Also, Happy Bihu! Here's a card for you TarTar: http://www.dgreetings.com/rongalibihu/bihu1.htm

(one of those ladies has something wrong with her. Try this one: http://www.my-india.net/cgi-bin/dir/frames.pl?id=12436 it's a free Virtual Puja! I love it.)

On the subject of the thread, I'm wondering if I might need to make a 3cd comp now. Lord help us.

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
- Mark Twain

Edited by - apl4eris on 12/07/2004 18:30:54
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  18:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i didn't get no obfuscate neither.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  20:29:38  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ditto - never got obfuscate's

-B-B-B-Brian

Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  06:58:28  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got Floops yesterday. I think I got obfuscates, but now I can't remember. Sorry, too much happening. Bah humbug.

"...love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bullshit."

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000