Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  20:55:12  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, that's cool. We're also not being introduced to indie, so we can cope with the tonnage I think. I really wish I had to disc so I could give you some of those comments, but someday...

Cool that you put a track of your own on, I've thought about doing so as well, but I have no idea what song I'd put on there. We're pretty eclectic, too. Unfortunately, our tracks are garage recordings with no gloss or anything, so you'll have to use your imaginations as to what it COULD sound like. But I'm getting way ahead of myself.

Don't worry about the double album. We're seasoned vets, most of us.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  06:45:44  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got Psychic Twins discs yesterday and I have them at work today. I know a lot of the bands he used but I never really ever listened to them so I am looking forward to it.

In the meantime, mine is now ready. I disc, 30 tracks. (not 30 songs. I have some other little things int here for you.) I think I put together something really smooth and interesting for all.

"I mix twinkie's and ding-dong's all the time. In Europe, they call it a Dinkie!"
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  10:54:37  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dean- I know mostly everyone here definitely has a good amount of indie exposure, that was never an issue! Anyway...more music to sink your teeth into can never be bad thing, right?

Also, I definitely think you should throw some Asterid stuff on your mix! I'd love to hear it. I had a hard time picking a Psychic Twin song to put on, so I know what you mean...I just picked one that I've gotten the most good feedback about and left it at that.

quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I really wish I had to disc so I could give you some of those comments, but someday...

What?

Edited by - PsychicTwin on 10/08/2004 11:03:03
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  11:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got mine yesterday..

i'm headed across town in a few minutes so i'll bring it in the car.

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  12:28:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry, should've said 'the' disc. Or rather discs.

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  14:59:11  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
gotcha
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2004 :  06:44:11  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Everything is just about ready. They'll be in the mail before noon eastern time. Hope everyone enjoys how I packaged it.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2004 :  07:25:50  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still no twin cds from PsychicTwin - I think my mailman is deranged. He probably gave it to a raccoon and then ran it over. I have other evidence to support this claim.

<mopes in a corner>
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2004 :  09:07:30  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
CD's are away as promised. NEXT!

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2004 :  09:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PSYCHIC TWIN
the Queens of the Stoneage track is entertaining. i don't think i'd heard them before. i like the Versus track and the Wellwater Conspiracy track. those are the standouts for me so far i guess.
i'm familiar with a good portion of the stuff on the disc, but good choices .. quite a bit of the stuff i've never heard of so it's good to hear something new. i like that you put some Jefferson Airplane in there. good stuff.
haven't listened to Disc 2. that's all for now..

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2004 :  13:15:23  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
important little note:
On Dean's address list, I had given one that was to be my mailing address after Oct. 29th
THIS IS NO LONGER VALID

send it to the same 1st address...for the time being. If that changes, I'll let you all know.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2004 :  21:00:27  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a long morning I had. Not only did I have to finish loading all the cd's for the post office, but I was also waiting for an e-mail that would help me find a password to score presale tickets for the Wiggles concert at MSG. After getting on the Wiggle message board and searching for the damn password. Where else but a message board to find secret passwords. While stuffing envelopes with cd's and buying 4 tickets for the Wiggles at $50 a pop, with the secret password, I had 15 minutes to spare before 11am, the time the Pixies Midnight show for Dec 18 went on sale. After all was said and done I've got 4 tickets to the Wiggles, 2 Tickets to the Dec 18th late show and no money left over for dinner. Now I just need a little time to listen to P-Twin's cd's.

Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2004 :  20:52:09  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I still don't have the first discs, but I must throw in that I'm terribly excited to see which Wellwater Conspiracy song you put on there. It better not throw off my list!

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  01:44:00  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Daniel, I was thinking I might send mine a bit earlier than the actual day (you might want to too) just so they get down there at about the right time. We may never see these first discs. Why did the mailer have white powder?! :)

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  12:00:33  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
unbelievable...I was a couple of days delayed in mailing these out, as you all know, but it really sucks that a few people STILL haven't gotten them.
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  14:43:32  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really enjoyed them. I thought Folk Implosion was Beck at first. They were good, then you had Beck in there anyway. The Psychic Twin song was real good. Is it just you or a whole band that share the name? I have had friends tell me to listen to Spoon and I never had but I might now after hearing some.

"I mix twinkie's and ding-dong's all the time. In Europe, they call it a Dinkie!"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  18:05:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which Spoon track is on there? I have a very early Spoon track from their first album (Telephono) because I assumed that everyone would probably have heard/have access to their later stuff. PT, you might as well post the tracklist now that more or less everybody's got it except us Canucks.

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  08:29:19  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kingphilbert

I really enjoyed them. I thought Folk Implosion was Beck at first. They were good, then you had Beck in there anyway. The Psychic Twin song was real good. Is it just you or a whole band that share the name? I have had friends tell me to listen to Spoon and I never had but I might now after hearing some.

Psychic Twin has been kind of ongoing project for me...right now its a side-project that includes me and my friend Stan on drums. I guess the core of Psychic Twin is my songs, but at one point the band was four guys including myself. That specific recording is me on guitar/vox/bass and Stan on drums...

Glad you enjoyed the mix! Never thought of it before, but Folk Implosion do have a kind of Beck-ish sound in that song
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  08:29:50  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DISC ONE

1) WIPERS – Let’s Go Let’s Go Away
2) SONIC YOUTH – Unmade Bed
3) BEATLES – Her Majesty
4) ROYAL TRUX – Map of the City
5) HATER – Down Undershoe
6) CERBERUS SHOAL – Ouch
7) MELVINS – Honey Bucket
8) BOSS HOG – Monkey
9) WEIRD WAR – I Live In A Dream
10) SPOON – Don’t Let It Get You Down
11) WELLWATER CONSPIRACY – The Ending
12) FOLK IMPLOSION – Myritual
13) VERSUS – Yeah You
14) GIST – Observationalist
15) IRON BUTTERFLY – Termination
16) JEFFERSON AIRPLANE – Lather
17) PSYCHIC TWIN – Not Invisible
18) QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE – Quick And To The Pointless
19) PAVEMENT – In The Mouth A Desert
20) WEIRD WAR – Who’s Who
21) JIMI HENDRIX – Ain’t No Telling
22) WELLWATER CONSPIRACY – Compellor
23) MY BLOODY VALENTINE – Only Shallow
24) IGGY POP – Nightclubbing
25) SUBLIME – Hope
26) SMASHING PUMPKINS - Spaced

DISC TWO

1) SPOON – This Book Is A Movie
2) THE CHANCE – Slipping Away
3) MY BLOODY VALENTINE – Soft As Snow (But Warm Inside)
4) BECK – Painted Eyelids
5) QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE- Auto-Pilot
6) SEBADOH – Can’t Give Up
7) WHITE STRIPES – You’re Pretty Good Looking (For A Girl)
8) CHRIS CORNELL – Like Suicide
9) FLEETWOOD MAC - Dragonfly
10) V-TWIN - Delinquency
11) JEFFERSON AIRPLANE – The Ballad Of You And Me And Pooneil
12) THE DOORS – Who Scared You
13) IMPALA – Lady In A Cage
14) WEIRD WAR – Man Is Money
15) RADIOHEAD – Blow Out
16) SMASHING PUMPKINS – Rhinoceros
17) PINK FLOYD – Pigs On The Wing (Part 1)
18) MAN OR ASTROMAN – Maximum Radiation Level
19) WELLWATER CONSPIRACY – Born With A Tail
20) BUTTHOLE SURFERS – Some Dispute Over T-Shirt Sales
21) WIPERS – Soul’s Tongue
22) SONIC YOUTH – Paper Cup Exit
23) MELVINS – Honey Bucket

Edited by - PsychicTwin on 10/12/2004 08:30:16
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  08:32:18  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Which Spoon track is on there? I have a very early Spoon track from their first album (Telephono) because I assumed that everyone would probably have heard/have access to their later stuff. PT, you might as well post the tracklist now that more or less everybody's got it except us Canucks.

I put a track off of GCT, and a track of off KLM (as you can see)...I really wanted to put some Telephono on, but I couldn't find the CD burn of it that I have (it's out of print, otherwise I would have hunted it down on CD already...)
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  09:14:20  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I had Don't Let It Get You Down on mine too, but dropped it out of necessity. As it is I have to overburn my disc to squeeze everything in. I can't remember if I left Me & the Bean on there, it's a pretty underrated track. I try not to do more than one from a band, though it's difficult when they're one of your favourite bands of all time. My only consolation is that you all have probably heard most of it so I could leave other bands like, for example, Ween off. But then I ended up putting a song from the Shins, so I'm not exactly being consistent.

Daniel/Crispy, when are you planning to mail out. Probably should try for a little early if possible...

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  09:16:03  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really hope mine is in my mailbox by Wednesday, that's a pretty impressive lineup of tracks there.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  19:30:35  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
got thomas' cd today - haven't listened yet (its my "on the way to work" tomorrow choice) but i'm excited to hear it. PLUS i got two new purchased CDs in the mail (joanna newsom and a.c. newman) and i got frank black francis off of iTunes and i'm still waiting for 2 of the int'l CD swap CDs (and i just got ellis hooks, animal collective and the new camper van beethoven over the weekend)- its a big music week!

-brian

- "I joined the Cult of Frank / And they tried to cut off my nuts and make me put on a blue jumpsuit"
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  19:38:49  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got Thomas's mix CD today...it's going to be my car music tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  20:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, I got Alex's CD today. I'll be bringing mine to work tomorrow and listening there.

Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  05:45:44  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will look for Thomas's CD today then and I have mine ready to ship tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

ObfuscateByWill
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1887 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  06:24:50  Show Profile  Visit ObfuscateByWill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got Thomas' disc yesterday.

Haven't listened to it.

Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  06:52:34  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
List of the bands on my disc in alphabetical order. Some of the sites are of a band member(s) new band because the original band doesn't have one:
Baboon
Ben Kweller
Blue Öyster Cult
Dinosaur Jr
Earlimart
Enon
Frank Zappa/Beefheart
Joy Division
Mindless Self Indulgence
Pleasant Grove
Scorpions
Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
Suicidal Tendencies
The Paper Chase
The Rentals
The Velvet Underground
Toadies
Tripping Daisy
UFO
X

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  12:14:15  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OFFTOPIC: Thomas/Broken Face, just letting you know I am fairly confident I have a ticket for the late show Dec 18. Wanted to make sure you guys had first dibs.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  12:20:43  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes! i'm down! Yeah Dean!

-brian

- "I joined the Cult of Frank / And they tried to cut off my nuts and make me put on a blue jumpsuit"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  12:39:26  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was able to purchased my tickets for the midnight show. Thanks for looking out Dean. See you there.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  13:38:04  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright Brian, I'll let you know by the end of the week if it's officially yours.

Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  13:55:28  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have both PsychicTwin's and Thomas' cds now. Listened to Psychic's on a road trip yesterday. Only heard the first few songs of Thomas' CD.

I'll get back soon with my thoughts.

RIP Rest In Peace Jacques Derrida. rasta. ruowa. freedom from activity. a brief pause in reading. a rhythmic silence in music.
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  18:28:47  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got the first ones today, I'll get back when I've heard them. Yeah, I think I will send mine out a day or some early if I can, because it looks like I might be moving at the time of my date anyway.

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  22:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think Thomas has already won the "best packaged" award.

haven't listened yet. time is not plentiful to me at the moment. but it looks good

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000