Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  12:49:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I look forward excitedly, oh kingly one.

Also, it'll be interesting from Brian to comment on which arrangement he liked better at the end...

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  16:20:06  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
COF mails a mix to BF. BF mails a mix to OBW. OBW mails a mix to Apl4. Apl4 mails a mix to COF. Hence a ring. When a persons mix gets to the next location you burn a copy of it for yourself and send off the original to the next person until you have 9 cd mixes. In the above example COF's origianl will end up with Apl4.

That sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. A circular pyramid scheme!

Brick is red, and Hitler's dead. Hang me!
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  16:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
people always accuse us of being a "pyramid scheme" when really we're nothing like that.

i encourage you to visit our sponsor and see for yourself.

http://www.amway.com/

ps. what's your address?

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  17:02:14  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VoVat

quote:
COF mails a mix to BF. BF mails a mix to OBW. OBW mails a mix to Apl4. Apl4 mails a mix to COF. Hence a ring. When a persons mix gets to the next location you burn a copy of it for yourself and send off the original to the next person until you have 9 cd mixes. In the above example COF's origianl will end up with Apl4.

Silly rabbit pyramids are for kids.

I know the ring would be slower to finish, but at least you're not mailing out 10 cd's all at once. And what am I gonna tell my wife the money is for anyway, lunch? The one good thing about the ring is you only mail to one person and always receive from another. Only one address to know and send to. Everyone need not know Floop is living on skid row.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  09:36:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still missing half of your mailing addresses.

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  09:49:38  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas

quote:
Originally posted by VoVat

quote:

Silly rabbit pyramids are for kids.

I know the ring would be slower to finish, but at least you're not mailing out 10 cd's all at once. And what am I gonna tell my wife the money is for anyway, lunch? The one good thing about the ring is you only mail to one person and always receive from another. Only one address to know and send to. Everyone need not know Floop is living on skid row.

I actually don't mind mailing all 10 out at once! saves me 9 trips to the post office
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  11:35:17  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's better that you all get them at once. Then you can come on here and all talk about them at the same time if you really liked the mix. Compare notes and all.

"I mix twinkie's and ding-dong's all the time. In Europe, they call it a Dinkie!"
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  11:42:07  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I'm still missing half of your mailing addresses.

Dean, I sent an email to your yahoo account. Did you get it?
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  12:16:54  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
<nudge nudge> Dean, didja get it?

Refresher:

1) PsychicTwin (Mailout: Oct 1)
2) Thomas (Oct 7)
3) Apl4Eris (Oct 14)
4) Cult of Frank (Oct 21)
5) Crispy Water (Nov 1)
6) King of Siam (Nov 7)
7) Ramona (Nov 14)
8) Obfuscate By Will (Nov 21)
9) Floop (Dec 1)
10) Broken Face (Dec 7)
11) King Philbert (Dec 14)

Man, this comp cd is impPPOOOOOSSSSSIIIIIBBBBUUUUUHHHLLLL. I can't choose!!

But it's darn tootin' fun tryin.

You buttered your bread, now lie in it.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  13:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are like me then you will be constantly thinking of other tracks you could have put on. This only increaes as you buy mew music that you like.

That's why we have to do more as soon as these are finished.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Help me! He keeps making me post!

Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  20:55:48  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Man is this tough. Why am I number 2. I only have 7 songs ready. I hope everyone is having as hard a time as me.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  21:16:32  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm not going to touch mine at all until about a week before its due b/c i know i'll want to change my tracklisting 50 times

-brian

- "I joined the Cult of Frank / And they tried to cut off my nuts and make me put on a blue jumpsuit"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  23:12:58  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anybody want to switch with Jen (Apl4eris), she's going to be on vacation just before her CD is supposed to be mailed...

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  06:59:05  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That sucks, I was looking forward to hearing Jen's cd!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  07:20:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She just wants to do it a few spots later so she has time.

Also: IF YOU HAVEN'T MAILED ME YOUR ADDRESS SOON, I WILL BE TAKING ON SOME NEW PEOPLE INSTEAD. Love ya!

-Dean

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  07:23:03  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ahhh, i thought you meant 'switch out with apl4eris'...

Good to hear she'll still be doin it...I need at least ONE person who will appreciate the Melvins song I'm going to put on my mix.
Go to Top of Page

ObfuscateByWill
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1887 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  09:38:37  Show Profile  Visit ObfuscateByWill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A list of the folks who have sent their addies, please.

Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  10:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dean, did you get my address?

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  10:49:30  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops, looks like I missed some messages here. I can't assure this is comprehensive, as not everyone mailed to my gmail account as asked, but I can confirm the following people have sent me their address:

1) PsychicTwin
2) Thomas
3) Apl4Eris (sorry I didn't see your nudging above!)
4) Cult of Frank
5) Crispy Water
7) Ramona
9) Floop
10) Broken Face
11) King Philbert

I may have received emails from you in my airman account, but I can't verify from work:
6) King of Siam (Nov 7)
8) Obfuscate By Will (Nov 21)

I guess the list is more complete than I thought. Almost there! How's your comp coming, Alex... don't want to know what's on it (I like the surprise) but you coming along? You still have a week and two days, so don't worry.

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  12:23:31  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking about it, kicking songs around in my head.
No actual burning of a CD has been done yet, or ripping of tracks for that matter...

Just to let you all know, there might not be a great deal of "new" music on the comp. Not that it matters, but I'm going to kind of compile songs that I just find awesome...some local bands, some older stuff, even a couple of tracks from the '60s and what not.

I know there aren't limitations in regards to that, but I also realize that some people may use their comp's as an expose of new stuff worth checking out. Mine will include some local/regional bands that I think are kickass, but other than that it will just be a slice of my own listening spectrum, pretty much...

Hope everyone derives some degree of enjoyment from it.
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  12:49:39  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I don't think mine will be completely NEW either - lots of old favorites that I think people might not know, etc.

I am looking forward to hearing what everyone picks!

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  12:54:15  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone taken Jens place yet? I will move up the list. I am itching to mix mine for you guys and I don't think any interesting music will roll into my collection between now and mid december. It sounds sad to say that. Nothing new between now and then.

Dean, you have my address. Just let me know if you want me in Jens spot or if she wants to be the #11 spot.

"I mix twinkie's and ding-dong's all the time. In Europe, they call it a Dinkie!"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  13:18:31  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nobody's taken Jen's spot yet, so if Jen is cool with that then I see no reason why not...

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  09:22:44  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, I've now got everybody's address. I'll be mailing out a list soon to all of you. The game starts a week from tomorrow!

Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  14:04:10  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent!!!

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  10:18:32  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
has the email been sent yet or is my yahoo mail acting up again?

-brian

- "I joined the Cult of Frank / And they tried to cut off my nuts and make me put on a blue jumpsuit"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  10:41:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't comment on your yahoo, but it hasn't been sent yet. I'll try to get at it today. We're in the middle of house renno's and I've been doing that after work, plus we tried out a drummer last night, so no time.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2004 :  15:55:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, the addresses are on their way.

Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2004 :  16:22:20  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for switching with me King Phil, very cool of you - I could probably manage to have it done slapdash style, but I would stress the hell out (type A I guess...).

Looking forward to the Melvins' song, PsychicTwin - especially since I think we might have to skip seeing them this coming weekend in Louisville. Our trip to Chicago this week was exhausting and we really need a break from roadtrips for a while.

Oh, and I have too many songs, and a lot of them are kinda long -is it ok with everyone if I use an extended play cd, or maybe do a double cd? What do you think Dean, is that copacetic?

By the way, on the new/old question, I'm just putting some of my favorite stuff on the cd, so it's going to be a bit of everything, new, old, rock, jazz, blues, folk, classical (if I can fit it) whatever. I just want to share my faves with everybody, and try to make it listenable as a cd at the same time. I'll cross my fingers that it's enjoyable. This is reminding me of a lot of stuff that I love but haven't listened to in ages, and reminded me also to refresh some of my older stuff from tape and vinyl to cd and mp3 so I can listen to it more often, so it's had lots of side benefits for me.

I am going to be chomping at the bit to send this out before Dec. 14th. I have a terrible time not giving my presents to people before Xmas or birthdays - too damn excited!

Go to Top of Page

ObfuscateByWill
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1887 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2004 :  17:00:34  Show Profile  Visit ObfuscateByWill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Extended play CD?

Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2004 :  17:52:17  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I thought longer play cds were available for retail, but apparently not. And I don't know how to overburn without destroying my cd burner, so it looks like I either will have to do a double cd or edit the crap out of my selection.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2004 :  21:22:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris

Thanks for switching with me King Phil, very cool of you - I could probably manage to have it done slapdash style, but I would stress the hell out (type A I guess...).

Oh, and I have too many songs, and a lot of them are kinda long -is it ok with everyone if I use an extended play cd, or maybe do a double cd? What do you think Dean, is that copacetic?

No problem, your thanks probably belong to King Phil. I'm just glad you weren't upset as I hadn't heard anything...

As for a double CD/extended play (you may be thinking of 80 min CDRs?), feel free. Again, the point is you're making this compilation as an introduction to the stuff you like for everyone else, just as you might make for anyone else. If that means you do custom CD art, great! If that means it's 12 tracks or a sprawling double album, super! The CD's a reflection of you, and other than that there should be no FB/Pixies/Breeders/... stuff on it, it's all yours.

Have fun!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2004 :  21:23:55  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, and ObfuscateByWill, could you email me your real name so that we can send stuff to you? I'm not sure if you got my email or not.

And if anyone didn't get that mass email from me, let me know.

Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2004 :  06:56:34  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got the email and I am ready to go.

Jen, no problems with switching.

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2004 :  08:46:42  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris

Looking forward to the Melvins' song, PsychicTwin - especially since I think we might have to skip seeing them this coming weekend in Louisville. Our trip to Chicago this week was exhausting and we really need a break from roadtrips for a while.

i missed 'em in DC myself. Had to go to a relative's funeral out in Philly...and by the time I got back Sunday night (the night of the show) I was too beat to go out again.
I regret not having gone now.

I'll make up for my failure by putting a real kickass Melvins tune on the CD.

I'm starting the actual physical compilation process today...been thinking about the CD for the past week. I think I've finally got a good idea of what I need to put on there. I hope everyone enjoys it...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000