Unidentified Frank Black Song
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rock_me_joe
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  14:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got an MP3 of a mysterious Frank Black song. Its called "pre-Pixies college demos" although, I'm not sure if it is pre-Pixies. Its appears to be just Frank, an acoustic and a four track.

Anyway, the first line of the song goes "My hair cost 18 dollars/ keep her under up turned collars"

If anyone could help naming it I'd be "internally" grateful.

chickenwithtwoheads
= Cult of Ray =

Netherlands
391 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  14:41:37  Show Profile  Visit chickenwithtwoheads's Homepage  Click to see chickenwithtwoheads's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well, it is actually pre-Pixies, and it's called Draw attention
CT recorded it (together with three other songs) when he was in college.
It's never officially released.

Hope this helps

I'm bored with the valleys and bored by the peaks. So I bought a ticket to the Pixies
Go to Top of Page

rock_me_joe
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  17:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot. Any idea what the other three songs are called?
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  17:32:21  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Keeping in Time, Gemini, and Silhouette. Send an e-mail to ntgepper@zoominternet.net and I'll hook you up.

"Freedom is a state of mind and the condition and position of your ass. Free your mind and your ass will follow." - Funkadelic
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  18:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, technically all of the songs are untitled and these names are just what they are commonly referred to as. Sorry, I hate to sound like an ass-hole.

ˇViva los Católicos y la Pistolaa!
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  18:35:49  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh...I know, but what was I supposed to do? "Untitled Song 1" "Untitled Song 2" and "Untitled Song 3". Yum.

"Freedom is a state of mind and the condition and position of your ass. Free your mind and your ass will follow." - Funkadelic
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  00:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheCroutonFuton

Heh...I know, but what was I supposed to do? "Untitled Song 1" "Untitled Song 2" and "Untitled Song 3". Yum.

TheCroutonFuton, are you the "owner" of that tracks?
I think "keeping in time" needs a proper release in the future. Perhaps it's too late for it.

"Join the Cult of the whore at the door / And You'll find no answers, but real fun"

Edited by - whoreatthedoor on 08/09/2004 00:40:19
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  01:12:05  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rock_me_joe

Anyway, the first line of the song goes "My hair cost 18 dollars/ keep her under up turned collars"

I hear:
"My hair cost 18 dollars / you can't turn down my turned up collar"

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  06:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You did the right thing man. I'm proud of you.

quote:
Originally posted by TheCroutonFuton

Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  10:00:26  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, I do own them. Most "veterans" of the forum do, I'd hope. They were all added to the FTP a while before it went down. The FTP will be back soon, hopefully, and everyone will get to hear the joy. Until then I've already hooked up one person with all 4. Again, send me an e-mail and I'll send them to you via e-mail. Be sure to let me know if I should send one at a time or all at once (you know, some e-mail services have limits at how much they can receive at once..). ntgepper@zoominternet.net

Wooooo, thanks Mac.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000