-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Pixies 2004 Setlist Song Count Discussion!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dave Noisy Posted - 04/17/2004 : 11:43:15
Okay, we've got the running setlists and count here:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6994

Please don't post comments there. Post your comments here. =)

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Peephole Posted - 08/11/2005 : 14:23:37
quote:
Originally posted by ccuadros

Maybe we have to start with the setlists of 2005, don't you think?

Great idea.
tobafett Posted - 06/06/2005 : 15:40:10
sì, we should!
ccuadros Posted - 06/02/2005 : 16:13:32
Maybe we have to start with the setlists of 2005, don't you think?
Skatealex1 Posted - 04/11/2005 : 21:44:14
bakaokboabka

The Truth Is Out There
50 Pence Posted - 04/11/2005 : 15:22:32
What the hell?

Blats
Aurora-borealis Posted - 04/11/2005 : 11:42:31
Nordkraft

Med Ole Christian Madsens filmatisering af Jacob Ejersbos succesfulde debutroman Nordkraft er der lige fra starten dømt smæk for alle pengene og et mangfoldigt persongalleri i et miljø som på samme tid både er nærværende og lidt halvklaustrofobisk.

Skuespillet er mere eller mindre gennemført og man kan ikke helt undgå at komme til at holde bare en lille smule af Maria, Allan og Steso.

De tre ovennævnte personer har hver deres historie at fortælle. Maria vil væk fra alt det pæne og forudsigelige og giver den som narkokurér mellem Christiania og Nordjylland. Allan er den hårde type med det vansirede ansigt, som bliver helt blød i knæene da han i form af den søde Maja møder den store kærlighed. Steso er den intellektuelle multi-narkoman der udover diverse euforiserende stoffer junker alt fra musik til litteratur. Ens for de tre er(,) at kærlighed og stoffer på en eller anden måde er en del af deres hverdag(somethin’) og at de alle søger en mening med galskaben. De tre skæbnehistorier er adskilt og nærmest kapitelopdelt, men det ender nu alligevel med(,) at figurernes veje krydses.

Til tonerne af nogle af danske musikscenes pt. største navne, blandt andre The Raveonettes, Nephew og Carpark Nort, blakker udviklingshistorien sig af sted. Det er en lang film, men man komme ikke rigtig på noget tidspunkt til at kede sig – for billederne er så levende at man sagtens kunne være fluen på væggen i den tilrøgede lejlighed.

Man kan sige(,) at Nordkraft i bund og grund handler om en række sørgelige skæbner der på deres egen måde alligevel klarer sig gennem tilværelsen med de midler de nu engang besidder. Det ser ud som om at de tre personer man primært følger får tildelt lige meget tid på lærredet og de er hver og en også stillet overfor nogle af livets svære opgør. Man er blandt andet vidne til Marias ”forsoningsmøde” med sin mor, den uheldige episode da Allan præsenterer sin nye kæreste ved spisebordet eller den nærmest iskolde luft der er mellem Steso og hans forældre. Udover kærlighed berører filmen også emner som familie- og netværksfølelse(r…)

Hlfdn S. Eriksen
ccuadros Posted - 04/04/2005 : 16:06:26
Hasta cuando mandas estupideces???
stymie Posted - 02/10/2005 : 08:48:51
Do the manta ray would be awesome. Saw Frank do Dance the Manta Ray solo.
byldyngjumpur Posted - 02/10/2005 : 08:32:21
anyone got a setlist for the Nov. 22nd show in the State Theater in Detroit? I was supposed to go but plans changed at the last minute...it was actually quite traumatic!!!

I had just dropped three hundred dollars on my car too just to make sure it wouldn't break down on Woodward Avenue.

If anyone can pass that along I would be much appreciative,

My manta ray's all right!!!!
grichards Posted - 10/16/2004 : 10:43:20
quote:
Originally posted by mitzrael

XINIT:

Heres some covers for the gigs that you didnt found any covers.
Hope you like. There´s a cover for all the gigs from Minneapolis to Curitiba Pop Festival, with cover, backcover (with song list) and labels.

www.nsis.com.br/paginapessoalde/alexsunder/pixies.htm

Alex Sunder

Thanks!
porkbone1 Posted - 10/10/2004 : 10:17:24
I feel obligated to post this every once in a while, I wish they would play ALLISON. For the love of god, it's only 77 seconds long!

The joke has come upon me
iluvblackfrancis Posted - 09/22/2004 : 13:20:00
Yeah, they did. It was an awesome show.

"Pissing a few moments ago I looked down at my penis affectionatly. Knowing it has been inside twice today makes me feel beautiful."

Richard Brautigan
johndietzel Posted - 09/22/2004 : 02:14:29
Apparently they played Bam Thwok last night?

----------------------
"In a world . . . one man . . . the true meaning . . ."
Ernesto Posted - 06/01/2004 : 02:06:31
21 songs at pinkpop festival, too bad they didn't play velouria or into the white. maybe at rock werchter or in amsterdam :)
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 05/31/2004 : 07:54:39
We saw 'em three nights back to back and it wasn't a problem. Some of the core songs were in every set, but everynight there were songs that weren't there the previous night. Though, to be fair, since we caught them at the very beginning of their tour, it was a little more exciting for us because we knew they'd never played this song in any of the previous shows.

"When 5000 posts you reach / Look as good you will not, hmmm?"
gracie Posted - 05/31/2004 : 04:36:55
How much to they vary the setlist? I don't suppose there is much need if they are playing different cities but i'm seeing them two nights in a row at Brixton and am wondering whether it will change much.

I've also just bought the two disclive cd's and i'm hoping they're not extactly the same.
whoreatthedoor Posted - 05/29/2004 : 04:26:36
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Alright, so new theory:

They will not vary the setlist in Coachella, but you European blokes can expect some new songs in there with the time they'll have between to rehearse.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

At least in Barcelona, nothing new, but I'm not sure. Too excited at the moment to start trying to remember.

"Join the Cult of the whore at the door / And You'll find no answers, but real fun"
ShakeyShake Posted - 05/27/2004 : 10:57:55
Loving those photos from the Rekjavic show,don't see any of Dave though

"I joined the Cult of this guy / 'cause they took my other picture away
switchy Posted - 05/27/2004 : 09:27:50
thanks for the heads up. since i didn't post the 4/27 list, i can't edit it, so if either the poster (ryanvdz) or a mod could fix that, that'd be great.
-Gavin
Era5erhead Posted - 05/27/2004 : 07:49:18
Just thought I'd mention here that the list from Eugene 04/27 has The Holiday Song missing. It's after Nimrod's Son and before Here Comes Your Man. My source is the DiscLive CDs and Holiday it's "hidden" in the same track with Nimrod's Son.
hibster Posted - 05/24/2004 : 03:16:02
only ordered the one disclive cd - the 17/4 show & what a cracker - can't wait for brixton now but only going to the 1st two shows beore fly over to paris for the 7/6 show.

hoping for some variance to the set lists so far, but not too bothered if they don't, been a long time since I've seen them & still stoked that they are back.

this is why events unerve me
mitzrael Posted - 05/16/2004 : 21:45:19
XINIT:

Heres some covers for the gigs that you didnt found any covers.
Hope you like. There´s a cover for all the gigs from Minneapolis to Curitiba Pop Festival, with cover, backcover (with song list) and labels.

www.nsis.com.br/paginapessoalde/alexsunder/pixies.htm

Alex Sunder
switchy Posted - 05/13/2004 : 12:48:38
So if the next leg of the tour starts and they still don't "debut" any "new" songs, I think I should stop bothering with updating the "Song Count" post, and instead just list the songs in order of frequency played so far. They'll probably continue with what they're doing.. like, I doubt they'll stop playing "Gouge Away", or start doing "Head On" every night.. so the list would most likely stay firm.. though adjustments could be made if something like that did happen.
Setlists for each show could continue to be posted in that topic, of course.
Ziggy Posted - 05/13/2004 : 01:25:20
I'd like to hear Boom Chick A Boom.

"Me and the chickens running in the street"
Ziggy Posted - 05/11/2004 : 12:06:21
They drop tune that song don't they? Like Planet of Sound. Which is kinda funny that they swap guitars just for one song. I haven't seen the band yet so I don't know.

"Me and the chickens running in the street"
JEFREY with one F Posted - 05/11/2004 : 01:17:49
I want to hear Alec Eiffel!
ShakeyShake Posted - 05/08/2004 : 06:33:25
Dammit i was hoping they pulled something really amazing out of their arses for Coachella(not literally you fools) to show the world what they'd been missing out on.

"I joined the Cult of this guy / 'cause they took my other picture away
tommmm Posted - 05/02/2004 : 06:36:09
I thought theyd have played down to the well since it was one of the originals too, and it re-appeared on boss.. not a favourite of mine but good nonetheless
taylorius Posted - 04/30/2004 : 02:52:56
I wonder if they'll play "Wierd at my school"? ;)

Matt
shineoftheever Posted - 04/29/2004 : 16:35:59
Does anybody know what their allotted stagetime will be at Coachella, is it likely they will be able to play an 80 minute set?

Why is 'monosyllabic' such a long word?
marbleslinger Posted - 04/29/2004 : 14:55:50
i agree dean, we can obviously tell by now the band is playing out of the same 38 song rotation, and considering this is the "warm up" tour before Coachella, i guess they are fine tuning a basic set for that event...

so Brixton is the first 4 night run in one venue for the band, i'd wager to guess that with the rehearsal time and all we can bet on them dropping more tracks yet to be played...

that's definitely what its all about for me now, i wanna hear all the tracks now that they havent played yet :)

i hope someone gets some good recordings of the european tour....

i was talkin to peachy peach about kissy kiss
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/29/2004 : 10:36:32
Alright, so new theory:

They will not vary the setlist in Coachella, but you European blokes can expect some new songs in there with the time they'll have between to rehearse.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
marbleslinger Posted - 04/26/2004 : 02:18:45
not to complain, but after hearing gigantic, monkey gone to heaven, where is my mind, and wave of mutilation(in all its incarnations) every nite in a row those are definitely now the last songs i ever want to hear live again, not that im complaining, i did just see the pixies 8 times in a row and i had a blast during every note of music they played, but ya know, i cant wait til the warming up is done and they learn more songs for the rotation...

i held up a sign requesting "dig for fire" about three shows in a row, then i gave it to a disc live crew member who gave it to joey, and joey told him they dont "know" that song or couldnt remember it or whatever so they werent gonna play it... at other shows i held up signs for letter to memphis and motorrway to roswell.... after the first night commoodore show i said wasup to Joey as he was exiting and he made me feel like an asshole when he said, "oh, your the guy whose been holding up the signs all tour of songs we dont fucking remember".... sorry joey.

anyway, i hope they practice up some more trompe and bossanova tunes by fall tour, although i must say seeing sets that were primarily from the first two albums and ep gave the shows a very old skool feel, combined with the remote, smaller venues.....

word,
aaron

i was talkin to peachy peach about kissy kiss
astrocat Posted - 04/26/2004 : 01:13:11
I know this is being picky, but I'm counting 29 songs for Spokane, not 28 as it says on the setlist count. Just want the show to get the credit it deserves as most number of songs played so far.
IceCream Posted - 04/25/2004 : 21:28:47
Why has "There Goes My Gun" not been played?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000