Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  00:40:54  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've gotta find you anyway! Depending on if I can find anymore tickets my little brother will be with me, who is under 21. I don't think he'll be pubbing, but he can find something to do. So I'll be there.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  09:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a good point... I hate for your bro to be hanging out all by his lonesome... does anyone know of any any all-ages venues within walking distance to the show? I think the Col. OH folks ended up at a coffee house that served beer too-- as long as we get the exact location nailed down in the next week or two, we will be cool...what do you guys think?

Also if you want/need tickets and will buy/sell them for face value post 'em here. Also are there any volunteers to keep a running list of who needs and who wants the tickets? Thanks!

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 10/05/2004 10:05:17
Go to Top of Page

joshuagingery
- FB Fan -

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  19:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a long break and a commuted jail sentence i have returned to FB.NET. I can hardly believe that the show is coming up in a month. I have had my tickets for almost 1/2 a year. I apologize for my long absence. I quit my job and no longer have the luxury to dick around on the internet for hours at a time.
Anywhoosers, My entourage will include myself, my lovely girlfriend booboo kitty fu#k, and friends Annskees and Jeremy. We are all lushes of the greatest proportion and will be swilling some of fermentations best before the show. Being as we like a little whisky with our Pixies, we will most likely be at the Irish Pub several hours before the show. I will attempt to remain more active on this thread.

As always, I remain...The pep in Pepto Bismal,

Joshua

boobs rule!
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  22:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Josh it is great to see you back.... can't wait to see you, your girlfriend and the crew....you guys are going to the show on the 11th right? Anyway please tell everyone hi for me :)

We will see you there... both nights... I have to work on the 10th... and then am hoping to have the full day of the 11th off... so i can make it a little earlier to the pre show festivities :)
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  19:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody hear about any rigged ticket giveaway contests sponsored by Joshball or Cal or Realist?
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  19:50:38  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So it has been a while, what is the plan for a pre-pixies show get together? Both days or only one? Where, when, and how?

The joke has come upon me
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  20:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thinking both daze would be good... now we just need to pick a place... there is a bar but is there also an allages place. Prozac rats' bro is underage so it would be cool to include him too. Anyone know of a place that serves drinks but also is all ages???
Go to Top of Page

gunner
- FB Fan -

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  20:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an extra two GA tickets for the 11th. If you want them let me know. kpgordon at mts dot net. I paid $45 per ticket after agency fees and would like to break even. I'll pay shipping if it's needed. I also prefer Paypal, but am open to other suggestions.

http://ca.geocities.com/kpgordon17/
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  20:10:51  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry about my brother too much. There'll probably be others along under age as well, so they can find something to do without much hassle. And we have family who live nearby. So don't go changing plans on account of my brother. And I know I'll be around for both days.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  19:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool... Mc Govern's it is...

Here is the link...http://twincities.citysearch.com/profile/5518850/

That link has the delio.

What I will do is take out a reservation under the name Daisy Green. on the 10th and 11th. That way we can all find each other....

Let me know by posting here or emailing me if you are going to make it. Some of you all have gotten in touch already, so I got you. If you could post your RSVP by November 9th. But even if you didn't RSVP, still show.
Go to Top of Page

martha_promise
= Cult of Ray =

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  18:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I will be driving up from Des Moines for the show on the 11th. Would love to meet up with some other FB forum members before the show. Looking forward to it.

~~Come inside, or...Go Away.~~
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  20:42:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool it will be cool to meet up with you guys.

Let us know if you need any advise on where to stay or whatever.

Hey is anyone else getting psyched about all this?!?!? Less than one month away
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  12:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Passion Of El Diablo

Anybody hear about any rigged ticket giveaway contests sponsored by Joshball or Cal or Realist?

I've heard legends of a quiz that took place in a far removed era...

1. I am a fsh with no i's.
2. You must be wearing Zubaz, 'cause you're daring to be different.
3. I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  20:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Calistanian

quote:

3. I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.

he he he.... btw, where the hell is the realist???
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  07:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daisy Girl

quote:
Originally posted by The Calistanian

quote:

he he he.... btw, where the hell is the realist???

Didn't we decide you were "The Realist"?

Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  11:20:42  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Whew. This is thread is SOOO last April.

Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2004 :  20:04:04  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know, I was thinking...

The pixies have over 2 weeks off before they visit Milwaukee and Minneapolis. Could we dare to speculate that the band could possibly learn a couple more songs in that time period? After all, Minneapolis is where all this started, they may want to do some more unveiling...

The joke has come upon me
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2004 :  23:49:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like your thinking Porkbone!

Stop theif! Help Camper Van Get its stolen gear back!

http://www.campervanbeethoven.com/gearstolen/
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2004 :  14:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so has anyone figured out how to order cds of the show?? thanks!!

only a few more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  07:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK... so we are still on... I will see you guys before the show on the 10th.... I am working till 5, so I will make it to the pub around 6/6:30 ish. Looks like about 10 people or so will show...

On the 11th... I took the day off work... so I might get there a little earlier...

Just come to the spot mentioned above... bring you tickets and be ready for a great show!!

I will call on Monday to make some reservations under the name Daisy Green....

See you all there!!!!!!! Is anyone else getting hyped???

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  06:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok... for some reason I swear I called the pub to see if they took reservations months ago. But when I called last nite to make the reservation and they guy wasn't sure if they would make a reservation...

So email me if you need my cell number. Prozacrat... I am also going to put 8X11 piece of paperthat says "Dietr" and set it at the table so you can recognize us.

If I still can't get reservations, I will tell the hostess and bartenders where I am and to look for the Daisy Green party...

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 11/09/2004 06:14:12
Go to Top of Page

gunner
- FB Fan -

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  09:25:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daisy,

I'll be there on Thursday. I'll probably have a couple of extra tickets as well, so if anyone is interested let me know. I'm leaving Winnipeg tomorrow afternoon. See you then.

Cheers.

http://ca.geocities.com/kpgordon17/
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  11:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all, just finalized my trip plans today since some people backed out at the last minute. Wont be able to make the preshow party on the 10th since I'm not leaving Winnipeg until about 11am.

Hopefully I'll see you at the show or on the 11th.

BTW, I have 1 extra ticket for both shows, floor seats.

Chris

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  13:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Passion-Realist-Chislic
Are we still meeting at McGovern's tomorrow night?

~nonrealist
Go to Top of Page

joshuagingery
- FB Fan -

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  13:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had something come up and I may not be able to make it to the pre-show festivities on Thursday. It's a long story. Hopefully, I will still be able to attend but it looks likely that you guys will have to conduct the drunken debauchery without me.

boobs rule!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  17:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So like ... I'm going to both shows, but want to be able to skip the Datsuns one of the nights (preferably Wednesday). Anyone experienced with the Wilkins have any idea when the Pixies might take the stage? Showtime is listed as 7:00 but I assume that's when doors open ... so Datsuns would come on 7:30, 8:00 ... Pixies at 9:00? Anyone have a better guess?
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  19:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone...

Chris and Gunner... have a safe trip and see you guys Thurs!

ShaunWestphal... we're still on and it won't be a party without you.

Josh... that sucks you can't make it Thurs...stop by Wed if that is better for you!

Roomloo... I am up for skipping the Bennies one of the nights...Thurs actually works better for me b/c I want to try to get a good spot on the floor (I have balc tix Thurs) and since there are more fans that night...plus after watching the first show, then we would have a better idea of when the band started...anyway...I don't know what you think... plus we could figure it out Fri

I will be getting to the Pub around 6-6:30 so see you all then!

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  06:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LoganZ

It's happening again...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find Logan's Lost Blue Tosselhat

What's happening again?

Go to Top of Page

theman
- FB Fan -

22 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  08:28:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everybody. I called Roy Wilkins (the venue, not the dead guy) and they said it's like this:
Datsuns 7:45-8:15pm
Pixies @ 8:45
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  09:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks theman ... you're like ... The Bomb or something.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  11:27:41  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay. I think I'll be there tonight. Everything around here got uber-hectic/confusing/last-minuteish, so I've kinda lost track of what's going on with these shows. Don't think I'll make tomorrow's. *hiss spit* I know I talked with a few different people about finding tickets for either of these shows (besides Daisy Girl), of which I lost touch with. I hope everybody got tickets and got rid of tickets, as needed. But I'll be buying those two from you, Daisy Girl. See you all later! I hope I can find this pub!

Edited by - prozacrat on 11/11/2004 18:36:22
Go to Top of Page

The Realist
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  13:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Realist has died.
The Realist has risen.
The Realist has come again.

Loyal Minions,

Fret not, for I am back and better than ever.

Where's my boy Jackanappes?

Daisy Girl - stop planning stupid shit. Nobody cares. Reservations at bar? An Irish bar? Get real.

LoganZ - your life is meaningless. Why don't you skip the show tonight and go bandana shopping?

Joshua - i'm sorry you lost your job but I'm sure that I would have fired you too. You're a loser and everyone knows it.

Prozacrat - stay home. You are not wanted.

Shaun Westphal - you are a total douche. Get a life.

IF ANYONE IS INTEREST IN SEEING THE ANSWERS TO THE PIXIES QUIZ I PREPARED LAST APRIL, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME.

half full my ass
Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  14:39:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leave it to the Realist to come on here and be a dick, I still worship you though.

Not to start this again, but well...yeah, to start this again. Did anyone notice that the Realist forgot to trash The Passion, Chislic, and Cal??? Hmmmmmm I think it may be time for the Bloodhound Gang to dust off our fingerprint dust (?) and magnifying glasses and get back to work. Who's with me? Not to not not exclude you Cal, but you're on a temporary suspension from the B. Gang as you are now a prime suspect... We WILL get to the bottom of this.

~nonrealist

Edited by - ShaunWestphal on 11/10/2004 14:42:24
Go to Top of Page

Chislic
- FB Fan -

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  14:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG. I can't believe it.... The Realist is back!!! I had a feeling you'd be snooping around the board the closer it got to the Minney shows.

Realist - I'll have eye out for you. If you are indeed the short, stubby fingered, blond haired McDonald's employee I saw months ago I will spot you. (Please refer to page 2 of the "The Realist's Stupid Quiz" thread.)

ShaunWestphal - Are you still going to the show my damn roommate or have you sold your ticket to buy more Dave Matthew's bootlegs? Your right, that is kind of strange that he didn't thrash me too. Probably forgot about me since I haven't posted for awhile.

Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  14:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chislic

OMG. I can't believe it.... The Realist is back!!! I had a feeling you'd be snooping around the board the closer it got to the Minney shows.

Realist - I'll have eye out for you. If you are indeed the short, stubby fingered, blond haired McDonald's employee I saw months ago I will spot you. (Please refer to page 2 of the "The Realist's Stupid Quiz" thread.)

ShaunWestphal - Are you still going to the show my damn roommate or have you sold your ticket to buy more Dave Matthew's bootlegs? Your right, that is kind of strange that he didn't thrash me too. Probably forgot about me since I haven't posted for awhile.

Or, he forgot about you because your life is meaningless...

~nonrealist
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000