Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 2004-04-14 - Winnipeg, MB - TELL US ABOUT IT!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

The Realist
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly Passion, what the hell was with LoganZs head gear?
Did he think the Spin Doctors were opening?
Go to Top of Page

The Realist
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm giving 3 to 1 odds that the Passion surpasses Jacka in posts by 5pm.

Go to Top of Page

The Realist
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cult -

Thanks for your mercy o' "Greatest Person In The History of Yourself"
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Realist

Cult -

Thanks for your mercy o' "Greatest Person In The History of Yourself"

That might be the dumbest slam ever.

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Realist, just wanted to say, it was really cool of you to have that contest. My roommate was extremely grateful for having won your contest. It would be cool if you posted everyone's answers along with the right answers. I'd like to see how I did. There were some really hard questions!!

Wherever Passion goes, I will follow...
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:35:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ShaunWestphal,
I hate to address you, but how many questions did you roommate get right? I know for a fact that I had 45 or 46 right, and I don't think that someone who pulls the username CHISLIC out of his idea hat can be that bright.
Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Passion Of El Diablo

ShaunWestphal,
I hate to address you, but how many questions did you roommate get right? I know for a fact that I had 45 or 46 right, and I don't think that someone who pulls the username CHISLIC out of his idea hat can be that bright.

Passion, I love to be addressed by you. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking he did pretty well. He knows more about the band than Kim does. I don't know about 45 or 46, but I'm sure he was close.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:44:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So why the attacks on LoganZ? Was there a fight elsewhere or is this carried over from another thread?

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LoganZ is a great guy. That is all I have to say on this subject.
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ShaunWestphal,
So, you're saying that Chislic knows a little something about the Pixies? I'm hesitant to believe you.

Cult,
There is no fight with LoganZ.
Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Passion...he knows plenty. He lived in some dump in St. Paul for a while right next door to where Kim and Kelley lived. I guess they used to party together. So if anyone knows if FB and DL attended a film festival together, my money's on Chislic.

Edited by - ShaunWestphal on 04/16/2004 13:56:59
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Chislic is such an insider, then how come he didn't have a ticket in the first place? I'd bet that the Pixies know him and hate him.
Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He runs the pixiesmusic.com forum, so he was too busy moderating when tickets went on sale and missed the proverbial "boat."

Go to Top of Page

The Realist
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  14:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cali -

You possibly might be the dumbest man ever.
Go to Top of Page

The Realist
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  14:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Passion.

You may have gotten 4.5 or 4 out of six correct for a stretch but you weren't even in the top five which is pretty sad given your competition. You did, however, have enough balls to actually admit your FB Forum name knowing I would embarass you on the board. Everyone else kept their identity to themselves. Chislic is the man, its just too bad he lives with that loser Shaun W.
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  14:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Realist

Cali -

You possibly might be the dumbest man ever.

You got me, darn it! That's checkmate!

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  14:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing like a dose of reality from the master himself. By the way, Chislic lives with me, I don't live with him.

Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  14:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShaunWestphal

Nothing like a dose of reality from the master himself. By the way, Chislic lives with me, I don't live with him.

How are things between you these days?

Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  15:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little better now that the little bitch got a ticket for Mpls. I'd thank the Realist myself, but he's such a douche (copyright Jacka).

Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  16:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe no one has put the Winnipeg show on Soulseek yet.
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  22:36:38  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  07:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Real nice pics, Manny.

I got a short video clip of Debaser:

http://mp3.loomer.org/slsk/Debaser.mov

The sound coming into my camera was horrible (too close to the speakers) so I shoved in the audio from the Disclive recording.
Go to Top of Page

gunner
- FB Fan -

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  07:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic clip roomloo.

I'm going to try my luck at Minneapolis tickets. The timing of the show should make it possible for me to get down there.

http://ca.geocities.com/kpgordon17/
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  08:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In case you missed the pic from the opening bands thread:

Here is HAM:

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  09:03:26  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, nice clip of Debaser. That was a good idea to put in the Disclive recording.

I overheard two guys discussing their videotaping of the show, and they said "Between the two of us, I think we can put something good together"

I figure they had two different angles and will put the disclive recording overtop. Hopefully it makes it out to the internet if they go ahead with their project.
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  09:48:50  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
here's a few of my pics from Winnipeg (click link below image for larger version):

http://www.morecowbell.net/images/pixies/2004-04-14-Pixies-Winnipeg-001.jpg

http://www.morecowbell.net/images/pixies/2004-04-14-Pixies-Winnipeg-002.jpg

http://www.morecowbell.net/images/pixies/2004-04-14-Pixies-Winnipeg-008.jpg

http://www.morecowbell.net/images/pixies/2004-04-14-Pixies-Winnipeg-009.jpg

http://www.morecowbell.net/images/pixies/2004-04-14-Pixies-Winnipeg-010.jpg

http://www.morecowbell.net/images/pixies/2004-04-14-Pixies-Winnipeg-012.jpg

http://www.morecowbell.net/images/pixies/2004-04-14-Pixies-Winnipeg-014.jpg

http://www.morecowbell.net/images/pixies/2004-04-14-Pixies-Winnipeg-016.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  11:33:36  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice - feel free to post these to www.frankblack.net/gallery

www.frankblack.net/images/icon-flyingpig.gif" border="0"> Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  11:46:54  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
will do! :)

any suggested size dimensions?
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  16:09:41  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
actually, the security guard in front of us was totally cool with us taking pics
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  21:10:10  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
640x480 is great, and no image can exceed 200kb. Be sure to let me know when they're uploaded, there is no mechanism to let me know if new images are added.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

jvince
- FB Fan -

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  00:55:19  Show Profile  Click to see jvince's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know I'm a few days late, but I have to say that the Winnipeg concert was a phenomenal experience, through and through. I was amazed by the successful pre-show and post show gatherings where forum members joined in celebration of a great experience. It was definitely fun to meet and thank forum members that helped myself, and many others, get tickets to this concert. I'm glad to say, although I'm sure it's been said before, that the Winnipeg tickets thread really became a community bound by a singular commonality: the need to be at the Winnipeg concert. It was not simply a case of cold business transactions between two individuals over the internet, but rather a group of people sharing a common goal that worked together to achieve those goals. This is a step above and speaks volumes of members such as Roomloo, MattB, Gunner, etc. Everyone should be proud. I, for one, am extremely grateful and indebted to the Winnipeg ticket thread for the well-organized distribution of extra tickets. The concert was a blast no matter what is said about it in the negative.

Edited by - jvince on 04/18/2004 00:57:50
Go to Top of Page

gunner
- FB Fan -

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  07:28:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks jvince,

Your post brought a tear to my eye. It was a great experience all round.

I wonder how many Winnipeggers are going to Minneapolis for the show on Nov. 11th. I bought my tickets yesterday and figured I'd worry about the details later, but it would be interesting to know who is planning on going.

Cheers.

http://ca.geocities.com/kpgordon17/
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  11:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going from Winnipeg to Minny again in November.

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  11:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to say yeah for sure but I'll be going through a divorce soon so who knows what will happen?
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  11:59:06  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's amazing to me how some people can turn any experience into something negative. If I went through life this way, I would have killed myself long ago. Oh well! At any rate, after a few days I have come to the following conclusions about the Winnipeg show. It was fucking awesome. That having been said, the show did have it's problems.

First of all, there were several mistakes during the show. Especially the part where they played "Broken Face" in almost a minute flat, and Kim said "There's no way I can play it that fast!" It was obvious that David Lovering got a little out of control for those 3 songs. In an attempt to keep the pace from getting too fast again, Kim overcompensated by playing Gigantic in slo-mo. The thing is, I still thought it was great.

The biggest shitter about the show was the seating, however. I think that at least part of the zombie-crowd effect was caused by the movie-theater seating situation on the main floor. Who is going to go nuts if they have to trample over rows of seats with cupholders? That doesn't explain the balcony folks being so stupid as to sit the whole time, but maybe people in Winnipeg are afraid of heights.

The show was dynamite, even though the band is still loose. If they can stay together long enough, the second time around should be even better. I got my tickets to Minneapolis and Chicago, if these shows actually happen...

The joke has come upon me
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000